What case really burns your butt?

Two that bother me a lot is Shane Barton and Theresa Hartley. Both went missing March 2023. I have been sort of obsessed since because the police just aren't moving on either of them, despite quite suspicious activity.

ah, i didn't know that. do you remember if it was the most recent episode of true crime bs? i actually did write to Josh about a year and a half ago about why i think Keyes might be considered in Brandon's disappearance, and never heard back. But i'm sure he gets a lot of emails, or maybe it went to spam or something. I'd just be happy to have someone else take a look into it.

Brandon seemed to be quietly put on ViCAP with nothing more publicly said about it, which is very interesting to me. So, if not Keyes, maybe there is someone else LE is suspecting.
I’m so sorry this is late, I missed the little bell. I’m re-listening to the show, if I get the ep I will post, IIRC it was just a passing mention, along with several names, about cases which may or may not be linked, but I can’t recall if JH was talking about likely or unlikely cases. I think it’s important because people looking into Keyes have gone back, revisited cases they dismissed with new info and changed opinion, including JH. Which IMO is the thing with Keyes. Locking down where he was at any time is (by his design) nigh on impossible, so honestly I only ‘rule him out’ if there’s another, stronger suspect.

Last edited:
Deanna is always on my mind, wish I could do more for her
I think about Deanna all the time too. I worked for Star Market, the company where she was employed, for over 30 years at a different location. I remember so well when this terrible murder happened, we were all very shocked and saddened. I cannot understand why there has been no justice for Deanna and her family with all the advancements in DNA technology. Something has never been right about this investigation, as though evidence was swept under the rug, the initial procedures botched, something...

The Case of Rosemary Ndlovu - South Africa
" a South African convicted serial killer and former policewoman who was convicted in the deaths of six people – her live-in partner and five of her relatives – between 2012 and 2018. Her motive was to live off of their life and funeral insurance policies, having collected as much as R1.4 million (US$93,000) at the time of her arrest. In 2021 Ndlovu was sentenced to six concurrent life terms for the murders and a total of thirty years; 10 years for four fraud counts, 10 years for each of the seven incitement to commit murder charges and 10 years for the attempted murder of her mother"

Recently a few documentaries have been made on this case.
For those interested: Rosemary Ndlovu

So many cases bother me, but right now the senseless murder
Of Elizabeth Barraza really haunts me. I can't shake the feeling
That not enough technology and other tools of investigation
Are being utilIzed. I could be wrong of course and hope I am
Wrong.

Wow, there are so many that "burn my butt". Haleigh Cummings is probably the one that has aggravated me the most because I think that I know the cause of death and what happened afterwards but so far, no one arrested and body not found. not that I think it will ever be found.

So many, but one that gets under my skin is a mother missing from Florida, Rosselys Felix Hernandez, a case where a pedophile took advantage of an immigrant and her children. No one (i.e. Palm Beach police and Florida media) seems to care that she is missing. I suspect she was murdered by her husband.

Rosselys was lured in Dominican Republic by an American missionary with Trinity Broadcasting Network (Daniel Paul York). "Danny" and Rosselys got married and she and her 3 children moved to Florida. Not too long after, the marriage fell apart. He had been grooming the kids (she filed a claim in court about inappropriate relationship with her daughter) and he gaslighted her saying she was a prostitute and simply abandoned her children and that HE was the caring parent. Rosselys disappeared shortly after she filed that claim in 2016 and hasn't been seen since.

Shortly after her disappearance Danny took off with the kids to Kentucky. Sexual abuse claims were made by the second daughter and the kids were taken into foster care. Danny then 'kidnapped' his eldest step-daughter and went into hiding with her. He promised they would have a baby together and get married. LE found them after a month or two and he was arrested. (spring 2018). It wasn't until August 2023 that Danny was finally convicted with multiple sexual abuse and incest charges relating to the kids and received a 25 year sentence.

But no one seems to be looking for Rosselys. It's like she didn't matter. (She IS on the Charley Project. So thank you to them!)

Last edited:
- Sierah Joughin. This was the murder that brought me to websleuths. A beautiful young lady riding her bike home alongside cornfields after an afternoon with her boyfriend. And then this monster comes along and abducts her, takes her to a room full of horrors and eventually murders her. I just can’t wrap my brain around how horrifying it must have been for her. I cry every time I think of it.

- Danielle Stislicki. An extended family member of mine through marriage. Still never found. I worked near her workplace, and my boyfriend lived in the apartment complex she lived in at the same time this happened. The sicko who did this had a wife who was dying of cancer. He was later jailed after attempting to rape a jogger in a popular recreational area here. He still won’t give up any information about Danielle.

- Carly “Charli” Scott and her unborn baby. Stephen Capobianco is a heartless monster.

- Julia Niswender. Another case local to me. I spent many college nights partying in the apartment complex she was found murdered in. I just can’t believe it is still unsolved. My heart breaks for her twin sister, Jennifer.

- Sierah Joughin. This was the murder that brought me to websleuths. A beautiful young lady riding her bike home alongside cornfields after an afternoon with her boyfriend. And then this monster comes along and abducts her, takes her to a room full of horrors and eventually murders her. I just can’t wrap my brain around how horrifying it must have been for her. I cry every time I think of it.

- Danielle Stislicki. An extended family member of mine through marriage. Still never found. I worked near her workplace, and my boyfriend lived in the apartment complex she lived in at the same time this happened. The sicko who did this had a wife who was dying of cancer. He was later jailed after attempting to rape a jogger in a popular recreational area here. He still won’t give up any information about Danielle.

- Carly “Charli” Scott and her unborn baby. Stephen Capobianco is a heartless monster.

- Julia Niswender. Another case local to me. I spent many college nights partying in the apartment complex she was found murdered in. I just can’t believe it is still unsolved. My heart breaks for her twin sister, Jennifer.

I remain amazed and horribly saddened at how women are victims --so many missing and never found, and then those that are found, so brutalized. I have come to the horrible conclusion that there are too many men in our society that really have a deep hatred of women. Some women are victims of domestic violence, others are victims of random violence and I ask myself what can we as a society do to stop this madness--- We as women learn to be careful, take precautions, but even then, it isn't always enough.

My son's case. It's been over 25 years and we even got a conviction but the way justice worked in his case I have NO CLOSURE. I am also new here and still trying to figure out how to post the case here as we have a lot of questions that I think many of you could answer. for example can you get DNA from a 25 year old swab of vomit taken at the murder scene now???

My son's case. It's been over 25 years and we even got a conviction but the way justice worked in his case I have NO CLOSURE. I am also new here and still trying to figure out how to post the case here as we have a lot of questions that I think many of you could answer. for example can you get DNA from a 25 year old swab of vomit taken at the murder scene now???

I am so so sorry for your loss.

You can hit the "Report" button on your own post and ask a moderator how to create a post (or maybe they will for you). They may give you information on how to be a "verified insider" for your son's case. Then you'd be able to post your thoughts freely as his relative.

Wishing you much kindness and support.

I am so so sorry for your loss.

You can hit the "Report" button on your own post and ask a moderator how to create a post (or maybe they will for you). They may give you information on how to be a "verified insider" for your son's case. Then you'd be able to post your thoughts freely as his relative.

Wishing you much kindness and support.
Thanks I'll try that

The Case of Rosemary Ndlovu - South Africa
" a South African convicted serial killer and former policewoman who was convicted in the deaths of six people – her live-in partner and five of her relatives – between 2012 and 2018. Her motive was to live off of their life and funeral insurance policies, having collected as much as R1.4 million (US$93,000) at the time of her arrest. In 2021 Ndlovu was sentenced to six concurrent life terms for the murders and a total of thirty years; 10 years for four fraud counts, 10 years for each of the seven incitement to commit murder charges and 10 years for the attempted murder of her mother"

Recently a few documentaries have been made on this case.
For those interested: Rosemary Ndlovu
Holy moly----talk about evil!!! Was she a suspect when all those people
Close to her were murdered and she was collecting their life insurance!!

So many, mostly those involving children: Summer Wells, Casey Anthony (lack of justice), and Haleigh Cummings.

I know- so many "missing' children that we know are gone and we believe were murdered and we believe it is probably parents or surrogate parent and murder will never be proven so these killers go on with their lives- it is horrible and so heart breaking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back