What case really burns your butt?

There are so many. I will focus on some of the cases here in the UK that will always stay with me, although there are others and also many elsewhere worthy of mention (at least one has been mentioned on this thread - I am still reading through the posts). I have put warning markers against two cases that may not be known to some and where the details are exceptionally disturbing and I would advise against seeking further information.

I would definitely include:

James Bulger, 1993.
Nikki Allan, 1992.
Kelly Anne Bates, 1996 (a very disturbing case; reader discretion strongly advised if not aware, one of the most horrifying cases I have ever heard of)
Suzanne Capper, 1992 (another very disturbing case; as above)
Martin Allen, aged 15, who was abducted 5th November 1979 (he has never been found, and nobody to date held accountable)

I hope they, and all the poor victims of terrible crimes, are now safe from harm and at peace, and my condolences to those who loved and cared about them.

R.I.P.

Last edited:
There are so many. I will focus on some of the cases here in the UK that will always stay with me, although there are others and also many elsewhere worthy of mention (at least one has been mentioned on this thread - I am still reading through the posts). I have put warning markers against two cases that may not be known to some and where the details are exceptionally disturbing and I would advise against seeking further information.

I would definitely include:

James Bulger, 1993.
Nikki Allan, 1992.
Kelly Anne Bates, 1996 (a very disturbing case; reader discretion strongly advised if not aware, one of the most horrifying cases I have ever heard of)
Suzanne Capper, 1992 (another very disturbing case; as above)
Martin Allen, aged 15, who was abducted 5th November 1979 (he has never been found, and nobody to date held accountable)

I hope they, and all the poor victims of terrible crimes, are now safe from harm and at peace, and my condolences to those who loved and cared about them.

R.I.P.
You are right: there are so many horrible cases- it is difficult to keep track of them-- The one you listed that I am familiar with is James Bulger- From what I recall his little killers (adults now of course) are roaming around the world somewhere, identity unknown. That sucks.

You are right: there are so many horrible cases- it is difficult to keep track of them-- The one you listed that I am familiar with is James Bulger- From what I recall his little killers (adults now of course) are roaming around the world somewhere, identity unknown. That sucks.
It does indeed. One is currently in custody again after reoffending (JV) he has been recalled to prison at least twice for this, and they keep letting him out...more info here:

It does indeed. One is currently in custody again after reoffending (JV) he has been recalled to prison at least twice for this, and they keep letting him out...more info here:

Thanks for the update: Venables appears to be someone that is just bad to the bone-- a bad seed! I remember that case like it was yesterday- truly horrifying and heart breaking.

Nothing on the site about Joe Biden's Impeachment Hearings today? The networks had no coverage but C-Span carried it live.

I came across a case that really irritates me. It's about a man in his 20's who sells fentanyl laced pills to kids:

He got 20 years and has to pay just over $2000 for his crime. Doesn't seem like enough of a sentence to me.

The Virginia tech student Nicole keeper who helped with murdering little Nicole Lovell still stuns me. The horror. The unbelievable plot Against the child. And Natalie had everything in the world I wanted and didn’t have growing up, a home, parents, guidance, brains, great high school resume. Just crazy crazy senseless murder.

The numerous cases involving The Highway of Tears in Canada, something about the fact that cases involving non-indigenous (often times white) women being put on a higher priority is maddening. Women are murdered on that highway and they're being cherry picked because of the color of their skin. People are still being killed, that's enough of an incentive to do something, they were still mothers, daughters, sisters, etc to someone.
I agree with you there. I remember the reporting of cases along The Highway of Tears in the late 80's and 90's and it was talked about like - well, you shouldn't hitchhike as a young woman / teen. Obviously it's generally safer not to but not all women in that area of BC had a choice. If they didn't have their own transport, what choice did they have apart from presumably not very regular Greyhound bus route?

_____
A case that bugs me is MS - MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021 Her boyfriend's explanations seemed so ludicrous and contradictory to me without being followed up or questioned by LE (IMO - idk what is or was going on behind the scenes).

A lot of the brutal cases involving children, whether solved or not. Especially children/young teens murdered by children/teens, like James Bulger, Alesha MacPhail.

The case that brought me here, for the maps chiefly: Nora Quoirin. I know it's been solved, but the solution doesn't quite convince me.

Casey Anthony
Many others are horrible, but she burns me.
I will never get over that she got away with murder of her precious daughter. Like you, to this day, her death haunts me. Worst of all, Casey got exactly what she wanted: a new life, absent her child: she has never been happier--There are no words that express my disdain for Jose Baez, coming up with that vile defense that she was molested by her father and that her father was involved in the death of Caylee: She also ruined her parents lives in addition to murdering her daughter. I keep waiting for karma to come along but so far that has not happened.

One case that really bothers me to no end is the case of the horrible cold-blooded murder of Elizabeth Barraza--- I just don't have faith that everything that can be done, is being done to find her killer. It is just a feeling I have about the police in this case. With the murder being actually captured on video and the vehicle as well, it just seems like this case is solvable.

The Martin in the 1950s is one of the cases that bugs me. From Wiki: "The Martin family of Portland, Oregon, United States, disappeared on December 7, 1958, in the Columbia River Gorge during a day trip to gather greenery for Christmas decorations". Donald was a possible suspect, according to one of the detectives working on the case. (and the only surviving member of that family) He is now dead and his own family suddenly gave up a meeting with the press on the matter.

Last edited:
This one burns my butt … Adam, child torso found in the Thames. The depravity, trafficking and networking of evil people can achieve this in London, Hamburg … astounding.
The investigation very thorough yet no ID, no arrests. Grrr

As someone once said on this forum, this is the trouble when monsters like these are given a long sentence, but no life without parole. There will always someone who says they might get a second chance without knowing their true nature, their lack of any moral compass or compassion. No "troublesome upbring" excuses here while their victims are treated like nothing. Just look at the reality of these creatures: As what happens with a vicious animal, they should be locked up forever.

As someone once said on this forum, this is the trouble when monsters like these are given a long sentence, but no life without parole. There will always someone who says they might get a second chance without knowing their true nature, their lack of any moral compass or compassion. No "troublesome upbring" excuses here while their victims are treated like nothing. Just look at the reality of these creatures: As what happens with a vicious animal, they should be locked up forever.
Good news. Parole denied.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back