What charges do you think Casey Anthony will face?

What charges do you think Casey Anthony will face?

• murder 1

Votes: 272 62.0%
  • murder 2

Votes: 68 15.5%
  • voluntary manslaughter

Votes: 34 7.7%
  • involuntary manslaughter

Votes: 46 10.5%
  • other charges

Votes: 19 4.3%

• Total voters
I can only hope she gets Murder 1 and lives to be the age of 90 or something... Wow, what a life...

I think with the facts that will be brought up about her lying, Caylee being dead in the car and her continuos cover up, she will get hit with 1st degree. There is no excuse.

I can only hope she gets Murder 1 and lives to be the age of 90 or something... Wow, what a life...

I agree. But I also hope she is put in general population. Inmates hate baby killers. She will get what she deserves!

As with the Liz Carroll case... she should get inducing public panic, perjury, making false alarms etc.
Hopefully she'll get the same punishment (or more) for causing us all these sleepless nights and wasting tax money searching everywhere... when IMO she knew all the time. What a waste.
Caylee RIP

what's the diff betweem voluntary and involentary manslaughter? And can the jury "downgrade" a conviction to it if they feel that murder 1 is not appropriate? i dont think they can get her for murder 1, thought they will try too.

I don't know enough about the laws in FL but I think voluntary manslaughter means the person performs an act deliberately that results in a death. Like if you hit someone in the head with a baseball bat on purpose, you intended to hurt or kill that person. Involuntary would mean you did an act without the intent to hurt or kill... like in a wreck where a person in the other car dies, but you did not intentionally cause the wreck.
I am not sure at this point what charges Casey would face. It depends on whether she tells the truth about what happened. I think LE put that limited immunity offer on the table to see if she would admit HOW Caylee died, and that it was not directly her fault. I doubt that they will go with premeditation.. murder 1.. because that is hard to prove in court. It might be murder 2.. or just manslaughter. We will have to wait and see.

murder one.
I believe both parents were actively involved in the subsequent cover-up and should be charged accordingly.

Can murder one be charged based on a coverup and disposal of the body? I thought premeditation and intent to kill had to be proved to get such a charge.

I wish I could sign up to be on the jury. LP should sell tickets I bet they would bring alot on ebay.

What Casey will be charged with and what she should be charged with may be two different things. Hopefully, there will be enough total charges to put her away for a long time. How about giving her 60 years; she'd be a hit going to clubs with her cane at age 82.

I voted murder 2. I'm not sure we can prove pre-meditation yet, which would be murder 1.

To the poster who said they think Caylee died in the trunk while "asleep", I also believe that. When Casey went to check up on Caylee and found her dead, she freaked.

JMO, and I'm entitled to change it if new information comes out. What azzhole mother would leave their child in a trunk?

I don't know what she will get but I KNOW that she won't get what she deserves! :furious:

What Casey will be charged with and what she should be charged with may be two different things. Hopefully, there will be enough total charges to put her away for a long time. How about giving her 60 years; she'd be a hit going to clubs with her cane at age 82.
:clap:

Sleuth's gang:

Trino has captured my exact sentiments ironically in the same words! I really love the notion that 'presumed innocent' until otherwise...However, it's Casey Anthony's actions that lead one to believe the 'otherwise'!

I went with "other" simply because the LE (legal establishment/law enforcement) have already begun to offer various and sundry immunities to Casey. Stranger things have happened!

One only need to think of the Mary Winkler Case when a person actually spent 7 months for murder one. :bang::eek:

Lev

The police and FBI don't have enough evidence to charge Casey with murder yet - that's why they are offering the plea deal. They would not offer that if they had enough evidence - a plea deal is a sign that the police case is weak. I hope they somehow get enough evidence, but if they don't and charge her with murder and have to go to trial with a weak case...well it could be a debacle.

The police and FBI don't have enough evidence to charge Casey with murder yet - that's why they are offering the plea deal. They would not offer that if they had enough evidence - a plea deal is a sign that the police case is weak. I hope they somehow get enough evidence, but if they don't and charge her with murder and have to go to trial with a weak case...well it could be a debacle.

I think between the cadaver dog hits, the body farm evidence, and the hair samples they do. They don't need a body to convict. I think it's a very strong case, and they're just hoping that by offering her a deal, she'll turn over Caylee's body, which they might never find on their own- it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Her post- Caylee disappearance behavior is that of a Guilty person, much like Scott Peterson, out partying, no worries about the missing person because they know they're dead.

I think murder 1. Because no matter how difficult it might be to prove premeditation, I think any jury when faced with all of this craziness would want to do the right thing, and sometimes a jury will "connect the dots" so to speak.

I hope she gets life in prison with no chance of parole. Because I think that would more painful than the death penalty.

One only need to think of the Mary Winkler Case when a person actually spent 7 months for murder one. :bang::eek:

Lev

you think Casey may tell the jury Caylee made her dress and act like a hooker, did I just type that?

I voted murder #1....

I think Casey got so viciously mad at her folks that she snapped. She probably thought her folks loved Caylee more than her. I don't think the home front was /is the Cleavers house....where everything is perfect.

If the true facts come out we'll see a very different view of the Anthony lifes. Caylee was used as a weapon / by the Grandparents & by Casey against each other.

Casey never wanted Caylee but she never wanted her parents to have her either.

I believe if she killed her, she beat her unmercifully until she was dead. Most anger killings like that involved "overkill" and that is why I don't think she will give up the location of the body.

She KNOWS, since he is already involved, Bill Bass with U.T. will determine the exact cause of death. He solved one of a woman who had been dead in a cave for 30 years and determined she had been beaten to death with a hammer in the head.

I voted Murder 1-
If she doesn't take the deal in order to get a lesser charge, I definitely would beleive she has something awful to hide and finding the body would prove it. Add to that all her cooky behavior after the "dissappearance" and the prior comments to friends about what her life would have been like without Caylee, that sure sounds like a motive/ premeditation to me!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back