What charges do you think Casey Anthony will face?

What charges do you think Casey Anthony will face?

• murder 1

Votes: 272 62.0%
  • murder 2

Votes: 68 15.5%
  • voluntary manslaughter

Votes: 34 7.7%
  • involuntary manslaughter

Votes: 46 10.5%
  • other charges

Votes: 19 4.3%

• Total voters
Bumping, now that the Chloroform has been discovered.

I have no clue. This whole chloroform is putting a whole new spin on things...But as we all (or all should know) know, mixing certain household cleaners can make unsavory blends of another chemical.....(i.e. chloroform.) I think she will get Manslaughter at the least.

I think between the cadaver dog hits, the body farm evidence, and the hair samples they do. They don't need a body to convict. I think it's a very strong case, and they're just hoping that by offering her a deal, she'll turn over Caylee's body, which they might never find on their own- it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Her post- Caylee disappearance behavior is that of a Guilty person, much like Scott Peterson, out partying, no worries about the missing person because they know they're dead.

Same pattern of lies, too. remember Scott "calling Amber from Paris?"

I think murder 1. Because no matter how difficult it might be to prove premeditation, I think any jury when faced with all of this craziness would want to do the right thing, and sometimes a jury will "connect the dots" so to speak.

I hope she gets life in prison with no chance of parole. Because I think that would more painful than the death penalty.

She might seduce a couple of guards, to supply her with attention. And, whatever else she needs.

Murder one, consealment of a crime, and if in fact she talked to FBI (and you know every word was a lie) lying to the Feds.

ITA--lying to Feds is what put Martha Stewart away. Murder one for premeditation. Is child murder a capital offense in Florida? I hope so.

ITA--lying to Feds is what put Martha Stewart away. Murder one for premeditation. Is child murder a capital offense in Florida? I hope so.

This is FLORIDA. We are not afraid to use the DP. We have history close to that of Texas when it comes to executions. Some folks around here stil think lethal injection is too good for these murdering monsters; just because someone's head caught on fire doesn't mean they had to retire Ol' Sparky.

1st degree murder of anyone in Florida will get you the DP. Unless you make a deal to reveal information in exchange for LWOP; like taking LE to the body or making a full confession to avoid a trial.

I think murder 1. Because no matter how difficult it might be to prove premeditation, I think any jury when faced with all of this craziness would want to do the right thing, and sometimes a jury will "connect the dots" so to speak.

I hope she gets life in prison with no chance of parole. Because I think that would more painful than the death penalty.

Okay, the judge might give the jury several options, like Murder One, or Manslaughter, or something lesser. But they have to decide based on the evidence, not just connecting the dots, or the fact that she didn't report it and hasn't told them where the body is. They cannot prove that she even knows where it is, at this point. Baez will not put her on the stand, and she does not have to incriminate herself.
In some cases, they may not even have a specific degree at the start of the trial, it might be just homicide. Then when the judge hears all the evidence, he will instruct the jury what degree of the charge they have to decide. Different states term it different ways. Capital murder is premeditated, I believe. Same as Murder One. If I am not mistaken, it used to be called Murder with Malice. She could be charged with as little as Negligent homcide, in which case she might serve 10 years.
In the end, until the GJ hears the case, we will not know what they charge her with.
But her sentencing will depend on what degree of homicide she is convicted of and the jury might not even get to decide that... in some cases the judge imposes the sentence.
I could be wrong about some of this, but I do read John Grisham!!! Plus a few other good legal thriller writers.

I think murder 2, unless they find the body. I voted murder 2 b/c I'm not sure that it can be proven that it was premeditated....

I voted murder one ever so optimistically that LE has the goods to do it. (crosses fingers)

Murder One due to all that had went down the weeks before the disappearance and the flurry of phone calls and coverups. If Casey were a man no one would believe an accident. Casey had more predatory traits than most kind unaggressive women, so she should get the same consideration as any other alledged sociopath.

you know what, you're right. and I had not thought of it that way. I have the worst time believing she could really be that bad but if it was a father instead of the mother and all else was the same, I would have never questioned it.

that mothers could do these things!

:shakehead:

Murder one, premeditated. With add-ons for victim under 11 or 12 years of age, unlawful disposal of a body, lying to Feds.

Planning: decomp in trunk and yard, chloroform searches on computer, missing child site searches on computer, zfg frameup, not looking for or reporting missing child after 31 days. Lots of lying scenarios.

Murder One. I also hope that the rest of the Clan will be brought up on charges also. It remains to be seen exactly how far they went in their protection of KC.

I don't think Casey will be charged with Murder 1. I would love for LE to prove it was premeditated, because I think it was, but I don't expect it to happen.

It is sad the Feds cannot charge her. She would spend every minute she was sentenced too without any chance of parole. I hope she gets the DP. She deserves nothing less for what she did to that poor baby, and what this has done to her family. She is a spiteful little BIT*H just as she said. Time for the people of Florida to be the spiteful ones.

It is sad the Feds cannot charge her. She would spend every minute she was sentenced too without any chance of parole. I hope she gets the DP. She deserves nothing less for what she did to that poor baby, and what this has done to her family. She is a spiteful little BIT*H just as she said. Time for the people of Florida to be the spiteful ones.

What do you mean the Feds cannot charge her? I don't know much about the legal system.... sorry.

Also, I voted Murder 1. (* I will be happy if she even serves ten years in prison, something is better than nothing. I am scared to death she will get off scott free, like O.J.

murder one; some premeditation facts that I can think of are:

:rolleyes: Talks about moving with Amy with no plan for Caylee in the picture - Example on June 4th 7:33AM: KC wrote to Amy on Facebook: "oh, the times we will have! i can’t wait for us to become roomies in another week! seriously… by the end of next week, it will be just us girls. i can’t believe it"

:eek: Researches "how to use" chloroform months prior

:waitasec: Researches missing kids websites months prior

:bang: Refers to herself as a "spiteful beotch" by definition: showing malicious ill will and a desire to hurt; motivated by spite; Malicious ill will prompting an urge to hurt or humiliate

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back