What evidence does the prosecution have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that GZ made terrible choices that night. I have always said here, since day one, that I think he is guilty of manslaughter at the very least, because he set the wheels in motion by his horrid decisions. I agree he made awful choices.

But I think it is possible that he was caught up in a perfect storm of circumstances that made him act the way he did, out of wrong assumptions. And possibly they both ended up fighting each other in the end.

I agree with you. I just keep thinking the prosecutor has more than just manslaughter. AC seems like a no non-sense, kind of prosecutor. She knew what was at stake in the case, and I can't see her overcharging, thinking of a plea.

JMO

Just as shoving an undercover cop, resulting in a dismissed charge, does not equate to a "hard core criminal".

Sometimes talking about one aspect of the evidence turns into a discussion about he opposing counsel's evidence. Jumping back and forth between threads to do so doesn't always make sense. It's been quite a civil and informative conversation tonight. JMO
I believe the charge was resisting arrest and assaulting a LE officer. The charges were not dismissed. GZ completed a diversion program, as a means of staying out of jail.

GZ has a history of documented violence. Trayvon has no criminal history, and nothing to indicate he was violent.

The prosecution will use GZ's past history, and I think some of the people he showed his temper to, might just come in. JMO

I agree with you. I just keep thinking the prosecutor has more than just manslaughter. AC seems like a no non-sense, kind of prosecutor. She knew what was at stake in the case, and I can't see her overcharging, thinking of a plea.

JMO

I disagree about your assessment of A. Corey. I think she greatly over charged that 12 yr old boy, when she tried him as an adult, when the death was really the fault of his so-called mother, who never called 911 for medical help.

I think she is going to try and make a name for herself, on Trayvon's back, so she can go after her political aspirations. JMO

I disagree about your assessment of A. Corey. I think she greatly over charged that 12 yr old boy, when she tried him as an adult, when the death was really the fault of his so-called mother, who never called 911 for medical help.

I think she is going to try and make a name for herself, on Trayvon's back, so she can go after her political aspirations. JMO

If she overcharged the case, she will lose and look like a fool. Hardly makes a name for herself, in a good way. Plus, she already caught a ton of heat off the other case you mentioned. If this case is won on SYG, or it's anything other than murder/manslaughter, it won't help her political aspirations, if she has them.

JMO

JMO, but the prosecution will likely continue to contend that GZ profiled TM, saying he looked like he was up to no good, "on drugs or something". At that point, it would stand to reason that MO'M will not fold his hands and allow that line of reasoning to go uncontested. IMO, he would likely bring up the fact that TM had smoked pot before, as his school records would show, and could have been smoking outside that night. We won't know that until the autopsy report comes back, but for the sake of argument, it could come in.

Hard to talk about the prosecution evidence without talking about how the other side might address it or object. JMO

So that's how it happened :)
The only thing we know trayvon was on for sure was the phone. :)

She was also too hard on Marissa Alexander who may face 20 years in jail for shooting her gun in the ceiling to scare her abusive husband. Marissa's case was supposed to be based on "Stand Your Ground".

"In an interview with ABC News, expert and veteran state attorney Angela Corey says that although Martin was only 17-years old in life, his stature (6-3, 150 pounds) could qualify him as an adult in the courts. In turn, this may make his killer George Zimmerman's self defense claim more valid, and could see the state of Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law work in his favor."
LINK

I used to have the ABC interview bookmarked and now it's not coming up. I remember watching the interview. JMO (in case I can't find the video)

This is a social media blog article not mainstream media. I find it difficult to understand why Angela Corey would do an interview at all much less one that disagrees with her own press conference on this when the charges were announced. Your article states it was on ABC News but I can't find it there. Can you please link the actual interview?

An unnamed source, at an unnamed job, anonymously made that accusation. Nobody else ever came forward to support that story. It sounds phony to me.

This article also points out GZ being too aggressive. Neighbors mentioned this as recent as March 1st, according to the article. Could this be used against him in court? I know he wishes that this incident had never happened. It will haunt him the rest of his life.

Prosecutor Angela Corey won the Marissa Alexander Stand Your Ground case on Friday. Marissa was sentenced to 20 years in prison. She did not shoot or kill her abusive husband. Corey says that justice was served in this case. Not a good sign for GZ's case.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/05/11/marissa-alexander-sentenced_n_1510113.html

Florida has a 10-20- life gun law. See article.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/10-20-life/index.html

Obviously there was enough evidence to prove Ms. Alexander was a violent person or the jury would not have agreed with her. Sometimes it's not the husband who is the most abusive in a relationship. jmo

I believe the charge was resisting arrest and assaulting a LE officer. The charges were not dismissed. GZ completed a diversion program, as a means of staying out of jail.

GZ has a history of documented violence. Trayvon has no criminal history, and nothing to indicate he was violent.

The prosecution will use GZ's past history, and I think some of the people he showed his temper to, might just come in. JMO

BBM

And I believe once the prosection gets GZ on the stand, just let him talk, and talk and talk, he'll dig his own grave..I believe as with the bond hearing he will try and sway the jurors and if the prosecution plays their cards right, just get GZ angry and his temper might just flair...

As far as CHernandez, one needs to read up on that case, I too thought this 'child' was overcharged but I believe he was nurtured into a sociopath..he's done lots of harm to his smaller relatives..just read up on him..I believe he needed to be taken out of society and in just 7 years, they would not have been able to undo all the harm done to this child...ACorey is for the victims of crimes, she did what she thought was best for society and that child...

Sorry for going O/T but one needs to really read up on it...

Dispatcher: He's near the club house right now?
GZ: Yeah, now he's coming towards me
Dispatcher: Ok
GZ: He's got his hand in his waistband. Yeah, he's a black male
Dispatcher: Ok, how old would you say he is
GZ: He's got a button on his shirt
He's late teens
Dispatcher: Late teens, ok
GZ: Something's wrong with him. Yep, he's coming to check me out. He's got something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is.
Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything, ok
GZ: Just get an officer over him

Surely George saw what was in his hands as he circled his truck. Wonder why he never told the dispatcher that?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7715220&postcount=41"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4[/ame]

Dispatcher: He's near the club house right now?
Dispatcher: Ok
Dispatcher: Ok, how old would you say he is
GZ: He's got a button on his shirt
He's late teens
Dispatcher: Late teens, ok
GZ: Something's wrong with him. Yep, he's coming to check me out. He's got something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is.
Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything, ok
GZ: Just get an officer over him

Surely George saw what was in his hands as he circled his truck. Wonder why he never told the dispatcher that?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

It might not have been in his hands when he circled the truck. May have been in his pocket or waistband. JMO

Here are all the things pulled from the 911 call by Zimmerman alluding to suspicious and threatening things.

..........................................................................................
GZ: Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there's this real suspicious guy retreat view circle, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drugs or something -- he's just walking around, looking about..

GZ: Yeah, a dark hoodie, like a gray hoodie and either jeans or sweat pants and white tennis shoes. (unintelligible)..he's just staring

GZ: Looking at all the houses

GZ: He's just staring at me.

................................................................................................

I think the SA is really going to hammer away on this bringing up that George said in the interviews that Martin circled his truck.

Really what statements of George's above rank higher in suspicion or threat then one George could have made if it was true...........

Now he is circling my truck.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7715220&postcount=41"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4[/ame]

She was also too hard on Marissa Alexander who may face 20 years in jail for shooting her gun in the ceiling to scare her abusive husband. Marissa's case was supposed to be based on "Stand Your Ground".

But a jury agreed with prosecutors that the law didn't apply because she left during the argument, got a gun and returned to confront him, WJXT reported.
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ot-after-stand-your-ground-defense-fails?lite

This is the problem with those who try to use this as a defense when in all actuality, they are just trying to beat out doing jail time...It appears more premediated action since she left the home and returned with a gun..This is not how SYG works...Glad the jurors did see it for what it was.

If she overcharged the case, she will lose and look like a fool. Hardly makes a name for herself, in a good way. Plus, she already caught a ton of heat off the other case you mentioned. If this case is won on SYG, or it's anything other than murder/manslaughter, it won't help her political aspirations, if she has them.

JMO

ACorey doesn't need to make a name for herself, she has an impeccable one already...she's a tenacious prosecutor and will defend all victims and seek justice in their name...

I believe just being anti justice/government and you can find fault in all who prosecute for justice...:banghead:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ot-after-stand-your-ground-defense-fails?lite

This is the problem with those who try to use this as a defense when in all actuality, they are just trying to beat out doing jail time...It appears more premediated action since she left the home and returned with a gun..This is not how SYG works...Glad the jurors did see it for what it was.

And while she was out on bail she went over to his house and assaulted him, gave him a black eye. Sounds like she was as abusive as he was. Jury took 12 minutes to decide on a verdict. That alone will probably get her appeal heard. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname