What I saw/heard Thursday Frye Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Amil - love the insider info.

So who's phone went off again in the afternoon session - CA's friend again?

Did the deputy make any of the defense groupies move out of the front row?

How many packs of gum do you figure CA went through today?

Gee, how could Sims know these. Didnt the Court place a large desk at the side for this reason? Baez complained people were trying to read their writings.They should make them move over there~end of complaint..:seeya:

The afternoon phone belonged to an older woman on the prosecution side. She came in after I was seated. The defense groupies were up and down going in and out of the room, but when they were seated, they had front row seats. At one time there were 6 of them. One seemed dedicated to Ms.Simms. She looked a bit like Ellen Burstyn. If the defense looked disorganized it was because they were...someone at the table would turn to the seats behind them (where Boy and Finell sat) and they'd turn to the the defense groupies and someone would get up and go out and come back in.

Thank you so much for your report. I wonder where CA got the idea that the retired Professor sitting behind the Prosecution was going to be a witness? And the nerve to report him! I wonder if anyone has finally ratted her out for her chewing gum?

Thank you so much for your report. I wonder where CA got the idea that the retired Professor sitting behind the Prosecution was going to be a witness? And the nerve to report him! I wonder if anyone has finally ratted her out for her chewing gum?
I have the same thought. Why isn't anyone calling the Anthony's out on their chewing gum. Most courtrooms have a bailiff that will go around and make sure hats are removed and gum is disposed of etc. I wonder if it will be allowed at the trial.
Is Kathi B at all the hearings?? I love her. She has ballzzzz.

Oops, really should have gone on other thread, sorry

Interesting about Simms' little fuss, then increasing the font. Wonder what she is up to?!

Probably figures that if she increases the font and the cameraman catches the laptop screen, people might be able to see the page and then the defense can get the cameras thrown out of the courtroom.

DS was probably just angry that she read somewhere on the internet (not saying here) that she really did a poor job yesterday. JMO

Amil! Thank you so much for your posts!

I did ask the deputy about the gum chewing in the courtroom. She told me that it is okay. This was not the case early on. I saw the deputy making people leave to spit it out and ignoring the As chewing. Today I noticed that more people were chewing gum than not. Reporters, attorneys and spectators. JB was drinking Red Bull out of a can and one of the attorneys in front of me was drinking Coke out of a can. This is so forbidden in the courtroom.

Sometime back I remember it being posted that ICA was complaining about it being so cold in the courtroom. Nerves probably, Today though it looked like just about everyone had water or something to drink and ICA kept pulling at her sweater neck. IMHO there was a lot of hot air flying around. What was the temperature like in the courtroom today?

I wanted to thank you, too. I always look forward to your first-hand-account posts.

It seems to me that JB and Casey are actually very alike (i.e. both are victims of conspiracy and/or circumstances beyond their control - and no one understands why they do what they do, etc.). Do you get that sort of vibe from them in person?

Probably figures that if she increases the font and the cameraman catches the laptop screen, people might be able to see the page and then the defense can get the cameras thrown out of the courtroom.

I agree. This is a recurring tactic from the Defense. Have they ever heard of those plastic privacy screens for laptops that no-one can see anything but you, even if they sit alongside you? I think the Defense is trying to bait to seek an appeal.

Dirty tricks. Every dirty trick in the book.

Sometime back I remember it being posted that ICA was complaining about it being so cold in the courtroom. Nerves probably, Today though it looked like just about everyone had water or something to drink and ICA kept pulling at her sweater neck. IMHO there was a lot of hot air flying around. What was the temperature like in the courtroom today?
It was incredibly cold. Maybe the thermostat was at 72 or less. CA's BFF wore a turtleneck and a sweater skirt with black legging's and thigh high boots. It was a very warm day in Orlando. She and CA were jiggling their legs annoyingly. CA wore a summer dress and sandals.
I must say that when the high amounts of chloroform were mentioned, my gut said "oh, Cindy, what have you done to your daughter's case now?" I looked at her, but the testimony was just making her angry. She told JB that she wanted JA to stop making facial expressions. She drew a picture of her backyard and referred to it during the canine testimony. She let her BFF know she disagreed with most of the testimony.

It was incredibly cold. Maybe the thermostat was at 72 or less. CA's BFF wore a turtleneck and a sweater skirt with black legging's and thigh high boots. It was a very warm day in Orlando. She and CA were jiggling their legs annoyingly. CA wore a summer dress and sandals.
I must say that when the high amounts of chloroform were mentioned, my gut said "oh, Cindy, what have you done to your daughter's case now?" I looked at her, but the testimony was just making her angry. She told JB that she wanted JA to stop making facial expressions. She drew a picture of her backyard and referred to it during the canine testimony. She let her BFF know she disagreed with most of the testimony.

RBBM: how did she convey this to JB?

Amil, WOW just WOW! Respectfully, I didn't quote your post to save room, but you are the bomb! You really got all the info today....and I have only read the first post of this thread! Bless your heart! :blowkiss:

Oh poor, poor Cynthia Marie Anthony. Her daughter has finally managed to one-upper her by being (pretending) a member of Zanny's defense team. Taking bets on how long til CA is sitting in one of those front row chairs.

Amil, you have my utmost respect for sitting there, being exposed to toxic people sitting behind the DT table.

I did ask the deputy about the gum chewing in the courtroom. She told me that it is okay. This was not the case early on. I saw the deputy making people leave to spit it out and ignoring the As chewing. Today I noticed that more people were chewing gum than not. Reporters, attorneys and spectators. JB was drinking Red Bull out of a can and one of the attorneys in front of me was drinking Coke out of a can. This is so forbidden in the courtroom.

I have been attending the hearings for Stacey Barker (allegedly murdered her 18 mo old baby) in CA. These folks would not last 5 minutes in Judge Hayden Zacky's courtroom.

Before the judge enters the bailiff tells everyone - phones off, gum out, no talking... Last hearing someone who missed the "pep talk" had a cell phone go off and the judge had the bailiff follow them out to the hallway! Judge Z then went over the list again. Chewing gum? Swallow it! Cell phone rings? The bailiff will confiscate it! He was having a tough day, but his rules never change.

Bold mine.

Aha...now I understand (teehee), that's what makes JB so cocky and arrogant. What a :loser:

Amil, I thank you so much for sharing all your details with us about everything we can't see (or feel) from just watching the courtroom on our small rectangular screens. You have a real talent for helping us understand the tone, innuendoes and all that is unknown to us because it is off-camera. Thank you for making me feel like I've almost been there myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge