What I saw/heard Thursday Frye Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to give you my thanks also, Amil. I go to FL a lot to visit family, and have thought about planning a trip around some of these hearings. I'm rethinking it now, because if I had been there today I probably would have been kicked out for laughing at some of the stuff going on.

So thank you very much for going and then giving us the scoop. I love reading your first-hand accounts.

I have been attending the hearings for Stacey Barker (allegedly murdered her 18 mo old baby) in CA. These folks would not last 5 minutes in Judge Hayden Zacky's courtroom.

Before the judge enters the bailiff tells everyone - phones off, gum out, no talking... Last hearing someone who missed the "pep talk" had a cell phone go off and the judge had the bailiff follow them out to the hallway! Judge Z then went over the list again. Chewing gum? Swallow it! Cell phone rings? The bailiff will confiscate it! He was having a tough day, but his rules never change.

Wasn't that case two years ago? It's still not been tried? What gives?

Maybe the whole team is going for mistrial ???

:cow:

Very Interesting Amil

If this were a Bingo game, you would have just won! I believe this is all they have to shoot for. It's all they've EVER had. To think this was only a hearing. What's next at the actual trial?

Amil - Thank you for sharing your observations with us. Like many others, I look forward to what you have to say after each hearing you attend.

Bold mine.

Aha...now I understand (teehee), that's what makes JB so cocky and arrogant. What a :loser:

There were times today that I felt Baez was teetering on the verge of "badgering" Dr. Voss. He was ignoring what he didn't want to hear nor understood and kept going back to the same question to wheezle the answer out of him he wanted. It was embarrassing as his temper was beginning to take over. I think JB's interest in KC's case has gotten out of control as he clearly displayed emotional behavior several times today. To the point that the Judge had to remind him to get control.

JMO, but that's what I saw and heard at today's Frye hearing.

So Cindy wants to be part of the defense team just like Casey - "See we are just alike." If Cindy thinks for one moment that she is going to be able to testify to what she thinks "forensically" happened, she is kidding herself... and I don't think she should be able to hold her own little spectator trial in the audience.

Amil, thank You for telling us what it was like in that court room.

I saw on my computer screen, Casey making all kinds of facial expressions over the testimony about decomposing bodies, then her busy work with all the papers, and getting more comfortable ICA smiling away and being one of the team.

Will this sit well with the Jury? Is she not getting too comfortable? Is she having fun?

Wasn't that case two years ago? It's still not been tried? What gives?

Two years on March 18! These two cases have more in common than a murdered toddler. The defense has been so similar to JB, including calling a witness a secret government agent! (DENIED!) Missed dead lines and threats of sanctions. Trial starting soon...

Amil,
Thanks you so much for your in-depth report on the details from inside the courtroom! I've missed most of these past two days of hearings live, and have had to try to catch up by watching the videos of the live hearing by local media and reading here.

But your in person account goes above and beyond the "just the facts" usually reported by the media, and what we can see from the perspective of the camera angle, and gets into the real feel inside the courtroom. From reading your report I sense a desperate and unorganized defense.

Again thank you and I look forward to your in person reports in the future. :)

If this were a Bingo game, you would have just won! I believe this is all they have to shoot for. It's all they've EVER had. To think this was only a hearing. What's next at the actual trial?

Didn't ICA state some time ago that JB told her there would be a mistrial?

So Cindy wants to be part of the defense team just like Casey - "See we are just alike." If Cindy thinks for one moment that she is going to be able to testify to what she thinks "forensically" happened, she is kidding herself... and I don't think she should be able to hold her own little spectator trial in the audience.

Therein your very words lies the truth. What she thinks "forensically" happened is all in her imagination, but, she's not kidding even herself. She's a pathological liar and she knows that about herself. She has very real willful desire to manipulate others by any means she sees fit, moral or not and expects it to work. Evvvveryyyy time! She KNOWS what happened and is just trying to get over on everyone else as she has done for her entire pathetic life.

I paid very close attention to her facial expressions and body language today. She was alert and listened to every word as she pursed her lips a good majority of the time. At one point, she was flipping pages of what looked like a report of some kind not even looking at the literature but was watching the witness Dr. Voss on the stand. Smiles were sparse and tense. Shoulders tense. When they would break, she would stand to stretch but it would only last a few seconds and she was right back down in her seat. I felt that was the only refuge or security blanket she had, her chair. She's having a harder time these days IMO pulling off the "I'm innocent" facade and she's getting nervous. The little girl that cried wolf is now at the end of the hallway at Universal again. Only this time there's no place to go. Her attorneys don't even know how to help her.

BTW - JMO

I did ask the deputy about the gum chewing in the courtroom. She told me that it is okay. This was not the case early on. I saw the deputy making people leave to spit it out and ignoring the As chewing. Today I noticed that more people were chewing gum than not. Reporters, attorneys and spectators. JB was drinking Red Bull out of a can and one of the attorneys in front of me was drinking Coke out of a can. This is so forbidden in the courtroom.

I sure hope that when the trial actually begins that HHMP will lay down the courtroom rules regarding gum chewing, refreshments, cell phones, and laptops, and have those rules strictly enforced.

I don't remember that but, the way things are going, I'm surprised the legal system hasn't stepped in and called these attorneys in on the carpet. I don't think I've ever seen such unprofessionalism, incompetency and lack of respect for the court. JB gets his own documents that HE signed and agreed to rescinded today and he's the one crying "bias" from the very judge that granted the resignation of that document? Unbelievable.............

If my memory is correct, Casey talked about Jose saying she will get a mistrial in the letters to her Cookie (Robyn Adams).

What I find funny is that Casey is simply content with a mistrial... I would not be happy with a mistrial if I were innocent of a crime... I would want to be aquitted. But not our Casey, she's "unique." I wonder if Casey even realizes that just because she gets a mistrial that it does not mean that she gets to go home? She is so transparent though! Could care less about an aquittal, but is happy as can be with a mistrial? Funny girl! :floorlaugh:

If my memory is correct, Casey talked about Jose saying she will get a mistrial in the letters to her Cookie (Robyn Adams).

What I find funny is that Casey is simply content with a mistrial... I would not be happy with a mistrial if I were innocent of a crime... I would want to be aquitted. But not our Casey, she's "unique." I wonder if Casey even realizes that just because she gets a mistrial that it does not mean that she gets to go home? She is so transparent though! Could care less about an aquittal, but is happy as can be with a mistrial? Funny girl! :floorlaugh:

You'd think her attorneys would explain that to her.........as I say,......you'd think.

Two years on March 18! These two cases have more in common than a murdered toddler. The defense has been so similar to JB, including calling a witness a secret government agent! (DENIED!) Missed dead lines and threats of sanctions. Trial starting soon...

Oy Vey, that 'splains it, but still...Baby Emma is due her justice sometime soon! I hope and pray the day is coming soon, when the Momster will be sentenced to LWOP, at the very least.

What a sad case. :(

There were times today that I felt Baez was teetering on the verge of "badgering" Dr. Voss. He was ignoring what he didn't want to hear nor understood and kept going back to the same question to wheezle the answer out of him he wanted. It was embarrassing as his temper was beginning to take over. I think JB's interest in KC's case has gotten out of control as he clearly displayed emotional behavior several times today. To the point that the Judge had to remind him to get control.

JMO, but that's what I saw and heard at today's Frye hearing.

on the verge? I was objecting so many times that one of my daughters asked when court was over......I was also waiting for him to declare the good doctor "hostile"---I felt sorry for Dr. Voss---clearly jb didn't like the answers and the doctor had no where to go----if I were him I would have used the big words....that way he could have said "lay people"---The big words would have thrown jb.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea