What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be no plea. Baez has to see this through to the very end if he wants the "credit" towards becoming a Capital Qualified attorney.
!

Snipped...but you bring an excellent point CW, one I never even considered. JB wants to be DP qualified so all the pedophiles and baby killers will be knocking down his door! He needs this experience. He is using KC as a means to an end. Pretty much the way KC uses all people in her life. Oh isn't that ironic?!?

Snipped...but you bring an excellent point CW, one I never even considered. JB wants to be DP qualified so all the pedophiles and baby killers will be knocking down his door! He needs this experience. He is using KC as a means to an end. Pretty much the way KC uses all people in her life. Oh isn't that ironic?!?

Yes, CW is right - and I think it may have been Richard Hornsby who mentioned it quite a few months ago. He needs this trial to be death penalty qualified.

This case/trial has always been about Jose Baez, not ICA - IMO.

So I wonder what the defense strategy now is since just about the worst thing that could possibly happen to them happened on Friday with those motions being denied. They have got to be in a panic about now. I really think they thought that they might get thrown a bone with at least one of those motions (honestly, I think HHJP and the SA cracked up laughing the moment they got the motion about the A's being agents of the state. No way was the defense getting anything there). I mean seriously, with not only those two days in, but all visits/conversations with parents and Lee along with her bffs and that jail guard? She is monumentally screwed at this point. They're up a creek without paddles, life jackets, and a boat at this point. There's not even a log for them to hang on to. They are drowning fast at this point. I can't believe they would still want this going into a courtroom. There's just no way out, and surely no way to win at this point. None.

The writing is on the wall, Casey, but do you see it? Have they told you how screwed you are?

Yes, CW is right - and I think it may have been Richard Hornsby who mentioned it quite a few months ago. He needs this trial to be death penalty qualified.
This case/trial has always been about Jose Baez, not ICA - IMO.

But CM doesn't.

But CM doesn't.

CM is looking to go out in a blaze of glory and ego, making headline news throughout the country. A quiet plea deal to take the DP off the table doesn't get him that. Whereas win or lose at trial he will be remembered and famous. He can have a leisurely retirement and take his pick of these newfangled tele visual programings to grant his expertise and wisdom to as he sees fit.

In short this is his Matlock moment. :hen::hen::hen:

CM is looking to go out in a blaze of glory and ego, making headline news throughout the country. A quiet plea deal to take the DP off the table doesn't get him that. Whereas win or lose at trial he will be remembered and famous. He can have a leisurely retirement and take his pick of these newfangled tele visual programings to grant his expertise and wisdom to as he sees fit.

In short this is his Matlock moment. :hen::hen::hen:

Yes, but Matlock was careful to represent people who were actually innocent but looked guilty, unfairly so. This is anything but a typical Matlock case. CM is going to have this blow up in his face if he is looking for a Matlock moment of sudden courtroom success. Especially NOW that the jury gets to hear Casey in all her glory. After they hear the 911 calls, and then Casey telling the dispatcher not to worry, the nanny has her and she talked to her just yesterday...LOL GOOD LUCK WITH THAT, Mason.

If this was CA she has already blogged that KC should only get time served. Evidently whoever this is feels it's not a big deal to kill your child and then throw her away as if she were trash. Me thinks CA wants another granddaughter produced by her one and only daughter. jmo

I was recently reading on Hinky that person who has been blogging almost since day one and was suspected as being CA has been outed and is NOT CA.

Won't work:snooty:, there's no way she's going to get off with time served even if she gets an Alford plea. The guy who killed Annie Le just got an Alford plea- he got 44 years!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar
I understand an Alford plea to mean for a suspect- they have enough evidence to convict me (so I'll do the time), but I'm not actually admitting I did it.

ITA...they need to instruct her that it doesn't play well that a mother of a missing toddler would continue to lie about her whereabouts and (for lack of better term) twhart investigation into finding her child....her lies and 31 days will do a lot of damage.....

Especially when it is so obvious Casey isn't covering up for anyone other than herself.

There will be no plea. Baez has to see this through to the very end if he wants the "credit" towards becoming a Capital Qualified attorney.

I imagine that the course will continue on much as we have seen to date, smoke and mirrors, more obfuscation, ridicule and hints of conspiracy. Maybe, and it's just a feeling on my part, the defense will point at Cindy as the bad guy and George as her accomplice.

Don't look for a cohesive defense, it's going to be argue, refute and confuse the jury in any way they can!

After reading the partial transcript of RA I can see it easily going this way. ICA said she didn't know about her parents making it sound as if she meant she didn't trust them. Then the questions about abuse started.

I wonder if anyone from the defense team has gone to OCJ and settle down ICA?

They really need to strongly persuade ICA to plead guilty and ask for LWOP..I believe the State would go along with that sentence as would His Honor. They could save the State of Florida $360,000 by not having a jury trial. She's playing russian roulette with a jury trial. I do hope she realizes what the worst case scenario for her would be....save yourself from certain death ICA and offer the State a proposal...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Bold mine.

I don't think JB has the b@//s to be the one to inform KC of the loss of the motions...bet he sends Medina down there instead.

My dad was a defense attorney many years ago. When preparing for a trial he used to talk about the ' Target Moment.' He would say that the prosecution would have one specific moment in time that one needed an alibi and a strong defense for. In the end, it would often come down to that ' target moment. ' If the defense could prove that something 'other than' what the prosecution insists happened at that moment, COULD HAVE happened than you are home free. If they say that you shot your wife in bed at midnight, you need to show that some intruder 'could have' entered the home and shot your wife instead of you. But when there is no time of death then the target moment is less defined.

I think the 'target moment' may be right around the Blockbuster video time. Where is Casey going to say that she left Caylee at the time she was there with Tony?

In the car? At an unnamed friends? With Zanny? With Lee or her folks?

I think she will be expected by the state to have an answer for that target moment. And I don't think the defense has a valid one. Where was Caylee while Casey was renting movies with her bf? It may come down to that very simple question in the end. imo

Especially when it is so obvious Casey isn't covering up for anyone other than herself.

And we know she wouldn't make any kind of sacrifice for her family - it's obvious she does not care for them one bit. As if she'd sit in jail for a second for them!

My dad was a defense attorney many years ago. When preparing for a trial he used to talk about the ' Target Moment.' He would say that the prosecution would have one specific moment in time that one needed an alibi and a strong defense for. In the end, it would often come down to that ' target moment. ' If the defense could prove that something 'other than' what the prosecution insists happened at that moment, COULD HAVE happened than you are home free. If they say that you shot your wife in bed at midnight, you need to show that some intruder 'could have' entered the home and shot your wife instead of you. But when there is no time of death then the target moment is less defined.

I think the 'target moment' may be right around the Blockbuster video time. Where is Casey going to say that she left Caylee at the time she was there with Tony?

In the car? At an unnamed friends? With Zanny? With Lee or her folks?

I think she will be expected by the state to have an answer for that target moment. And I don't think the defense has a valid one. Where was Caylee while Casey was renting movies with her bf? It may come down to that very simple question in the end. imo

I know alot of the talk about Casey having jealousy issues with Cindy was the reason that Caylee was murdered, but I believe that the remark from TonyL that he did not want girl children was the deciding moment, or target moment. Casey is so much like Susan Smith. She wanted one thing and Caylee had to go. I fully believe Tony was messing with her when he said that. I truly believe that he would have accepted and loved Caylee.
There has been way too many references concerning the jealousy between Casey/Cindy/Caylee and I'm sorry, but the story about the hospital when Caylee was born and handed to Cindy first has been spouted by every member of the family and that tells me right there that this is just as much BS as the June 9th date.
Add to that the "common knowledge" that George was the car detail guy who washes visitors' cars...nice way to explain George's compulsive need to clean cars that smell like a damn dead body..

I know alot of the talk about Casey having jealousy issues with Cindy was the reason that Caylee was murdered, but I believe that the remark from TonyL that he did not want girl children was the deciding moment, or target moment. Casey is so much like Susan Smith. She wanted one thing and Caylee had to go. I fully believe Tony was messing with her when he said that. I truly believe that he would have accepted and loved Caylee.
There has been way too many references concerning the jealousy between Casey/Cindy/Caylee and I'm sorry, but the story about the hospital when Caylee was born and handed to Cindy first has been spouted by every member of the family and that tells me right there that this is just as much BS as the June 9th date.
Add to that the "common knowledge" that George was the car detail guy who washes visitors' cars...nice way to explain George's compulsive need to clean cars that smell like a damn dead body..

I agree about Tony being a big factor here. Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading through the long batch of texts on another site back when they were released. There were a lot of back and forth ones between Tony L. and Casey about him never getting a chance to spend any alone time with her. And she says her nanny is out of town, but when she gets back they will have more time together, bla bla bla.

But then, on one of the last nights Caylee is seen alive, Casey messages Tony and says should I come with or without 'snotnose.' He replies 'WITHOUT." That hit me like a ton of bricks. Could it really be that simple and that callous and heartless and evil?

I also agree that the hospital story is manufactured drama. The truth is uglier than that. Casey was not jealous because she didn't want to lose Caylee's love and allegiance. She didn't give a chit about that, imo. Casey just didn't want to share her parents 'love' and adulation WITH CAYLEE. Casey wanted it to be all about her, not about little Caylee. imo

I agree about Tony being a big factor here. Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading through the long batch of texts on another site back when they were released. There were a lot of back and forth ones between Tony L. and Casey about him never getting a chance to spend any alone time with her. And she says her nanny is out of town, but when she gets back they will have more time together, bla bla bla.

But then, on one of the last nights Caylee is seen alive, Casey messages Tony and says should I come with or without 'snotnose.' He replies 'WITHOUT." That hit me like a ton of bricks. Could it really be that simple and that callous and heartless and evil?

I also agree that the hospital story is manufactured drama. The truth is uglier than that. Casey was not jealous because she didn't want to lose Caylee's love and allegiance. She didn't give a chit about that, imo. Casey just didn't want to share her parents 'love' and adulation WITH CAYLEE. Casey wanted it to be all about her, not about little Caylee. imo

IIRC the "snotnose" comment came from some other guy--can't remember his name but it wasn't tonE....tonE was actually more adult about why he didn't want Caylee there---she didn't belong there--there was drinking and other substances----he didn't think it was a place for a baby---I also think he would have felt the same way if Caylee were a boy----I don't think he was in it for the long haul---I think this was a just for now type relationship....

IIRC the "snotnose" comment came from some other guy--can't remember his name but it wasn't tonE....tonE was actually more adult about why he didn't want Caylee there---she didn't belong there--there was drinking and other substances----he didn't think it was a place for a baby---I also think he would have felt the same way if Caylee were a boy----I don't think he was in it for the long haul---I think this was a just for now type relationship....

That was TonyR...the deputy who was fired for lying about his relationship with ICA...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

It was a Tony, but it was the police officer, AR who was fired for lying.

I think when her attnys discuss the motion defeat she will say, who cares? It's all true! That is the last place I seen my daughter...at the bottom of the stair where Zanny picked her up.

bbm-

This is how I've always felt, too. That's really clear when you see the these players interact with ICA- Including the discussion of JB's priorities.
Right now, the focus is back on ICA where she thinks it should have always been. The exchange between Lee and ICA and then GA and ICA, where they are talking about their priorities of importance, is very evident of this case.
Each one reassuring ICA where she stands with them always being careful to explain why Caylee is first. You can feel the tension as they explained why Caylee was the main focus.
Now that Caylee is deceased, ICA takes her 'rightful' place back in the dysfunctional 'family' unit'.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think ICA is relishing in all of the attention she getting right now. Negative or not, any attention is better than no attention at all- this is an extreme case of that scenario.

I had a sister like this........Didn't care how much trouble she got in, it was better than being ignored. Middle child syndrome. So in this case, once Caylee was born, ICA took the position of middle child and her jealously hit an all time high. Now all's well in her small world, and as soon as this pesky little trial is over- she will be back to being #1 in the A's world and can resume her place of thieving, partying, sociopath that everyone enables. This was just a small hiccup in the road.

Taught them all a good lesson not to cross the 'boss' of the family. Bad things happen when you do that. :scream:

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member