What is your #1 indicator that Terri is *NOT* involved in Kyron's disappearance?

What is your #1 indicator that Terri is *NOT* involved in Kyron's disappearance?

• no evidence pointing to her

Votes: 33 12.6%
  • Kaine's lack of suspicion for weeks

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • good demeanor reported by all who saw her that day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nobody saw her leave school w/Kyron

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • no evidence in the truck/LE didn't impound

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • always took such good care of Kyron

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I haven't seen anything that makes me think she is not guilty

Votes: 121 46.2%
  • I haven't seen ANYTHING that makes me think Terri is guilty.

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • haven't seen any solid evidence

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • The improbable complexity of the plan that she would have had to carry out.

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Pretty much all of the above!

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • She failed LD. Test and never fought accusations against her

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Terri may be guilty. But more than once, when LE's hand was shown, they were bluffing, and when Terri's hand was revealed, it introduced reasonable doubt. Despite all the resources LE has had.

I'm still not convinced TH is guilty. I think there's a major piece of the puzzle missing yet and IMO, when that piece is known, things will seem much clearer. Am anxiously waiting for that piece to be revealed, whatever it is.

Terri may be guilty. But more than once, when LE's hand was shown, they were bluffing, and when Terri's hand was revealed, it introduced reasonable doubt. Despite all the resources LE has had.

How so? LE has not released any evidence. But, they have conducted searches, asked for info, issued subpoenas. How is any of that bluffing? Also, they have not shown their "hand". We do not know what they have yet.
I compare this case to casey anthony's. In that case, they had a ton of circumstantial evidence that together, painted a pretty compelling picture. Due to the Florida sunshine laws, we were privy to almost all their evidence. That evidence helped us form an opinion as to who was guilty. We don't have that in this case.
But, even casey's case had to go to a GJ before she was indicted. In this case I believe the authorities are quietly doing their job and we just have to sit tight and wait to see where it leads. We will see if they have enough to indict but even if they don't, it does not mean TH is not guilty of something in connection with Kyron's disappearance.

My vote was that there is no evidence pointing to Terri's involvement. I've spent weeks now pouring over all the reports and articles and pressers and thoughts of my good fellow sleuthers, and various things on the net, and I am just unable to point any piece of information that tells me, in my gut, or in my head, that Terri is involved.

It's very strange, because always, always, always, long before this, I've been able to narrow down to a few things that tell me a person is involved. I don't know if Terri is a genius, or lucky, or not involved. I just plain don't know. I can't go so far as to say I think she's innocent, because I also don't see even one piece of information that is exculpatory.

I'm just flummoxed. I wish LE would give us a bone, so we know for sure one way or the other. I've just never followed a case where it was like this. It's very hard, emotionally. I want to know what happened to Kyron, and who did it. He's such a sweetie, and my heart aches for him.

I agree with everything you've just said. I followed the JBR case and I wasn't on the fence then, I followed the LP case and wasn't on the fence. In fact I think this is the first case I've read about in depth that I've been on the fence. I think the reason for me is that I require something with which to base a strong opinion on. In this case I've seen nothing pointing to TH, and what I have seen points more away from her.

I agree with everything you've just said. I followed the JBR case and I wasn't on the fence then, I followed the LP case and wasn't on the fence. In fact I think this is the first case I've read about in depth that I've been on the fence. I think the reason for me is that I require something with which to base a strong opinion on. In this case I've seen nothing pointing to TH, and what I have seen points more away from her.

I feel the same way. Normally, I'm off the fence pretty quick but there's just something different about this case and don't know what it is.

I would have to say my biggest problem in thinking she is majorly involved in this is that she came up with one of the worlds worst alibis ever. Topped only by, I was home alone asleep for the worlds worst.

No matter how bright she is or isn't, she couldn't come up with anything better than driving around for 90 minutes? That doesn't smell of premeditation. But, many other things do. :banghead:

The main reason I doubt that TH was involved is the way in which Kyron was disappeared... So silently,and so quickly... It is as though this child literally vanished from the area near his classroom. It almost sounds like a professional was involved,or at the very least,someone who had a lot of experience, someone who had done this before,maybe several times.... It is baffling.

Code:
All JMO

Some people have mentioned the fact that there wasn't an Amber Alert, as supporting the idea that it's an isolated incident. The fact is, though, an Amber Alert can only be used under specific circumstances when there is a vehicle and/or perp description and also when the person is believed to be fleeing in the car with the child. Examples include, Jaycee Dugard's and Samantha Runnion's kidnappings when there were eyewitnesses who were able to give a vehicle and (in some cases) a perp description. Other circumstances include abductions by non-custodial parents, when they know what type of vehicle is driven by the person and often even have a picture of the non-custodial parent. So, essentially, that is both a flaw and a misperception about the Amber Alert system. The lack of an Amber Alert does not necessarily mean that the incident is isolated, just that they don't have any eyewitnesses or other firsthand knowledge as I described.

Correction to my previous post: The Amber Alert was not around yet in 1991 when Jaycee was kidnapped. And, from what I can find, Samantha Runnion's 2002 kidnapping/murder is what actually prompted the then governor of California to start using the system. Sorry! Regardless, they are still examples of the type of kidnapping where they would be able to issue one. Also, I did not mean to use two case examples from the same state. lol Those were just the first two that came to my mind, where they had an eyewitness with a vehicle description.

The timeline.

What time did Terri leave the school? IS she seen purchasing items shortly thereafter?

I voted her caring for Ky all these years. I know it happens, but it really isn't very often that a mother/step mother kills her own child. If she did do that, I have the feeling it was accidental, because I still have a problem with motive. Even KH and DY basically said she was a good mom. KH said he didn't see it coming, the MFHP, etc. And that up until he found out about it, after Ky went missing, he saw nothing in TH out of the ordinary.
Her friends all say she was a good Mom to Kyron, her family....I've heard nothing otherwise other than the comment by DY that Kyron didn't want to go home to TH & KH. And that could have been nothing.

From the evidence we've seen, or lack thereof, I just hope
and pray that LE hasn't blown this one and they've wasted all this energy on TH when someone else has taken Kyron.

Also if TH was involved, I think Kyron may be gone. AND I SO HOPE AND PRAY THAT HE IS ALIVE SOMEWHERE!

To further your point, how often do you hear about a mother selectively killing one of her children? I know Kyron wasn't her bilogical child, but this is someone she had card for since birth. She volunteered at his school.

To clarify my last post, when you hear about mothers killing their children, it's usually all of them at once.

For my vote, I wrote in "The improbable complexity of the plan that she would have had to carry out." Going through the trouble of taking him to school, only to smuggle him out again? That's some Tom Sawyer business right there. I question TH's ability to conceive of such a plan, much less execute it well enough to avoid prosecution for months.

I question the complexity of the plan some are crediting her with, as opposed to the flaky alibi. She would have been better off just going home and staying on her computer all morning, as that could later be proven if she was working on her desktop, rather than a mobile device. She should have gone right home between store and gym-but she didn't, as she was apparently wasting time/trying to calm baby, until her gym time, but that sounds so flaky it just might be true. Maybe she figured if she took K home, the baby might want to go to bed and then Terri could not go back out to gym and she really wanted that gym work-out.

The alibi is too weak for a complex plan. If she and cohorts worked on a plan for weeks or months, why not a better alibi? Especially if someone else actually had physical possession of Kyron? She could have made sure she was on camera the whole morning, if she wanted to and she didn't.

I don't know-I voted "no solid evidence" at this point.

Some people have mentioned the fact that there wasn't an Amber Alert, as supporting the idea that it's an isolated incident. The fact is, though, an Amber Alert can only be used under specific circumstances when there is a vehicle and/or perp description and also when the person is believed to be fleeing in the car with the child. Examples include, Jaycee Dugard's and Samantha Runnion's kidnappings when there were eyewitnesses who were able to give a vehicle and (in some cases) a perp description. Other circumstances include abductions by non-custodial parents, when they know what type of vehicle is driven by the person and often even have a picture of the non-custodial parent. So, essentially, that is both a flaw and a misperception about the Amber Alert system. The lack of an Amber Alert does not necessarily mean that the incident is isolated, just that they don't have any eyewitnesses or other firsthand knowledge as I described.

I know what the rules are about Amber Alert. However, an Amber Alert was issued for Somer Thompson this past fall and it met none of the criteria for an Amber Alert.

So for whatever reason they decided to use it there, I feel that it could have been bent for Kyron as well.

I question the complexity of the plan some are crediting her with, as opposed to the flaky alibi. She would have been better off just going home and staying on her computer all morning, as that could later be proven if she was working on her desktop, rather than a mobile device. She should have gone right home between store and gym-but she didn't, as she was apparently wasting time/trying to calm baby, until her gym time, but that sounds so flaky it just might be true. Maybe she figured if she took K home, the baby might want to go to bed and then Terri could not go back out to gym and she really wanted that gym work-out.

The alibi is too weak for a complex plan. If she and cohorts worked on a plan for weeks or months, why not a better alibi? Especially if someone else actually had physical possession of Kyron? She could have made sure she was on camera the whole morning, if she wanted to and she didn't.

I don't know-I voted "no solid evidence" at this point.

I think that all of her conflicting statements show that she is used to lying and not being called on it.

I don't think she ever thought that anyone would be looking at cute, adorable Terri Horman.

I don't know whether she is involved or not. It is looking more and more like she has some responsibility in it, but I rarely ever convict anyone without a fair trial, in my own mind. I do try to keep in mind that most of what I've read and heard has not come from her, it comes from other people, specifically Kyron's father and his ex-wife.
Also, I'm not sure what proof LE has that she is guilty, but if it's no more than what I've seen so far... it's not enough.
IF she is arrested and charged, I hope to goodness they've got more than they do right now. I hope they have not developed tunnel vision and ignored other leads. But most of all I hope Kyron is safe and well somewhere... but if he is gone from this life, whoever did this needs to pay, and pay dearly, whether that's Terri Hormon, or someone else.

she's not arrested or a POI by now....but having said that NO ONE IS!

The only reason I would think that she's not responsible is the way that Kaine has acted and has seemed to be covering himself for any responsibility or admittal of terrible family life for Kyron. If he's doing this to keep Desiree from getting custody once Kyron is found, if he's found, then he could have an idea of who really did take Kyron. But, on the other hand, all the things he's said and how he seems to think he'll always end up with all the kids from two different women (even one that's not his) also convinces me that Terri was desperate and hid Kyron.

If LE cannot or has not found any way to place Kyron with Terri outside of the school or walking through a door of the school heading out, this would have to be one of the most circumstantial cases without a body that I can recall. That would be leaving out "opportunity" if no one can put her with him, yet he can be placed at the school a few minutes prior to her being elsewhere. At least it would for me. Assuming no one in her posse was seen leaving with him either. I know they do not need to prove a motive, but "means" would also be iffy if they do not know how he died (if he did) or how she had access to him once she left the school.

So maybe they would try to go heavy on "motive"- but what is her motive? Where is the proof she had anything against Kyron? Neither Kaine or Desiree have provided any evidence of a motive.

I admit I am lost, but sincerely hope LE is not. And I don't feel a great, big comforting wave of confidence from them thus far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back