What really happened

There was a statement in an article posted somewhere up here where Donna is described as a "former member of TES".

I think TM probably did ask Donna's assistance in getting TJ Ward to Satsuma for the tests. I believe everything afterward was done as Baz suggests: Donna attempting to weave her way in to this case. I have to wonder at the claim that Tim sent her money to help with Misty's expenses while she's been away from Welaka, though. If it was done as a safety measure for Misty's sake, then it isn't only Donna who crossed a line, but TM. Whether it was an altruistic move on his part, done because he genuinely feared for Misty's safety or no....it was not his obligation to step into that and pull her out. It was his job to report his fears and knowledge to LE and allow them to assess it.

The only thing I found useful in this article was "It set this case back irreparably."

And last I heard, unaccompanied minors age for air travel was through age 18.

I don't know why Le would allow Tim to run some undercover job with Donna. Do they think they can play police and not screw something up?? I am really surprised that anyone allowed this to happen.
I don't know about the rest of the world but I look back at my feelings and thoughts when I was seventeen. You think you know everything and can protect yourself.. believe me at 17 your brain has not matured, and you know nothing.

Oh that's easy to understand. LE intentionally has nothing to do with this and is neither allowing or hindering it. LE themselves are not alowed to talk to Misty, nor are agents of LE. She has lawyered up. LE however can make use of anyone else who is non LE affiliated who happens to talk to Misty for whatever reason. So while LE cannot run a sting or do anything to get information from Misty, they can sit back with a smile and watch her babble on all she wants to TM's people, or CBS news or NG or whatever. The more she talks the more they learn.

The whole incident does trouble me a little bit regarding TM and Texas Equisearch. More because they seem to be suffering from mission creep so to speak. In the past they have always been a search agency, providing some of the best field and ground search teams in the world. No Tim seems to be morphing into something more directly investigative, which carries alot od bagages and issues with it. It takes LE a long time to learn the wisdom of how to get this information and when to act on it,and how to diseminate it. In most cases the span of careers. But if that conversation with RC and the gun is true, then that is not a judgement call TM should be making. LE should have been brought in at that point and Misty's removal or protection should have been handled by them. There are more then enough loud enraged statements from Ron in the public record, some that were made to LE while news cameras were rolling, that the threats he made should have been given a great deal of weight. That should be LE's call to make, not TM or TE's.

If any of these stories are to be believed (which I am not sure of honestly, the assault rifle thing still sounds a bit out there) Then yes LE would have had a clear oportunity to apply direct preasure on yet another family member, or player in this mess, RC. "OK sir, why exactly do you feel that Misty knows exactly where your daughter is? Why do you seem to feel she is dead? What exactly do you know that you are not telling us? Remember terroristic threats with a firearm is a not nice felony, and the judge will not play nice with them. Especially given your public statements about shooting out the back of a police car to kill any suspect. So really WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU KNOW? SAY IT NOW OR GO TO JAIL!"

I would be very surprised if the claims were true in regard to TM and his Equusearch organization. One of the first things they teach you as a TES member is "it's not your responsibility to find out who did it". Only to find the missing person. I know that TM stipulated that Misty take a test before he would consider coming back to search for Haleigh as up to that point, there was no direction to go in. But for him to condone such a scheme to allow Donna B. to become buddy/buddy with Misty for the sake of gaining information is totally outside his character or his mode of operation. I just don't swallow everything that was written in that article. IMO, Donna B. interjected HERSELF into this case for HER 15 minutes of fame and has very little to do with TM or TES. I would love to know if she is still a member.

In the State of Florida, of course you are allowed to own a gun if you have a license for it. It's also the law in Florida that you have to have those guns locked up so there is no access to them by a child. If there is an accident where the child has gained access to it, YOU go to prison and it is enforced.

It seems to me that Ronnie Jrs rights are being compromised by his own father because from what I have read in previous reports, the gun Ron possesses is not locked up and safely stored, therefore he is endangering his son's life. What is Junior overheard his father threatening Misty with a gun? Whomever alerted LE to the fact Ron had a gun in gmma's house did so out of fear and concern for themselves and Ronnie Jr's safety IMO. Why has no one from LE confronted Ron about this? It is ironic that due to the RSO Misty has against her brother Tommy, Tommy's guns were confiscated while Ron is engangering his son's existence. What is DCF's position in this matter and Gmma Sykes for that matter? I would not let Ron get away with this behavior if he lived in my home.

So Misty is in Satsuma? Is the "lion's den" Tommy's home? I thought she had a PRO against him. :waitasec:

Hey, maybe we'll see Misty jailed for violating that order...

It seems to me that Ronnie Jrs rights are being compromised by his own father because from what I have read in previous reports, the gun Ron possesses is not locked up and safely stored, therefore he is endangering his son's life. What is Junior overheard his father threatening Misty with a gun? Whomever alerted LE to the fact Ron had a gun in gmma's house did so out of fear and concern for themselves and Ronnie Jr's safety IMO. Why has no one from LE confronted Ron about this? It is ironic that due to the RSO Misty has against her brother Tommy, Tommy's guns were confiscated while Ron is engangering his son's existence. What is DCF's position in this matter and Gmma Sykes for that matter? I would not let Ron get away with this behavior if he lived in my home.

You bring up very valid and important points. Let's hope PCSO reads Websleuths.

The article makes sense, and does bring up a lot of valid points.
Maybe TM did tell LE about Ron's gun and threats towards Misty? If LE didn't do anything, maybe that's when TM decided to have DB pull Misty out of there?

I wonder if LE will arrest Misty upon her return to FL on Monday..
At this point, i honestly think that Misty will be safer in jail in protective custody than walking the streets if Ron's threats are valid.
The whole marriage was a farce, for Ron to try to find out the truth of what happened to Haleigh, he even mentioned something like that to Cobra about keeping his enemies close. Sounds like the Cummings family was getting nowhere with finding out the truth from Misty herself. She goes to Orlando and Ron divorces her, probably says the heck with it. What if he was "gloating" (as many call it) on NG as he knows some inside info, such as Misty is going to be arrested soon? I can surely see him gloating about that..
I believe TM's words about Ron's threats towards Misty. and i honestly don't think it's safe for her in Satsuma, Fl, anymore.. She needs to be in custody where Ron cant' hurt her. Also, if she really did find out that DB was just "friends, motherly" with her to gain information (she already knew DB was with TES, the kicker may have been that DB was trying to get info, and not necessarily be a true friend to Misty) she may spiral downward, Misty has nothing to loose, and people who have nothing to loose... well she could potentially be a sucide risk if Ron doesn't get to her first.

We've seen different events take place through out this case, one of which Ron got arrested for assaulting Misty's family with that whole fight. Ron may really have been threatening Misty (mad that he can't get the truth out of her; and of course threats aren't going to work) maybe she did call her family to go her, as she may have mentioned Ron's threats to one of them.. then combined with TC and GGMs' sugar over vinegar techniques, or possibly more threats she decided to stay, against the wishes of her relatives..?
Just throwing an idea out there..
After that we see Ron being less aggressive probably under advice from his lawyers.

TM mentions in the audio that he thinks Misty is scared "to death to go to jail and" "the other reason she's not giving anything up, is because of all these d*mn drug addict thugs that she hangs out with, if she goes ahead and gives up what really happened, she fears for her life because these thugs will kill her"
Maybe TM is refering to Ron in this? Ron did make the threat of killing Misty to TM, while showing him the assault rifle.
Numerous times on here, we thought, you know why doesn't Misty just tell the truth? She is obviously scared to death of Ron killing her, so she is, in a sense, lying to save her life.
It also seems like something is going to happen soon, otherwise why would TM tell info as to what's going on? Misty could be a flight risk. IMO, i think she'll be arrested soon. The sooner she is arrested, the sooner she is away from Ron's threats and her "info" about what happened to Haleigh will be safe. If something happens to Misty, we'll never get that info..

see the below article needless to say there is alot to discuss with this.

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/misty-cummings-what-really-happened/

I think I'll believe this guy when he learns how to spell and write a clear sentence and use correct verbs.
"I didn't want to right about it."
Also notice the graph where he tries to explain Ron's action with the gun and how Ron put the gun in his mouth.
He had difficult writing that account, it's jumbled and doesn't make sense. Poor editing? Or was he busy making up the story and couldn't put it down correctly.
It's my background as a journalist and editing that causes me to question much of what he's stated in his blog. JMO

According to the blog, Ron is also going to kill himself if Misty harmed Haleigh.....it's gotta make you wonder......doesn't it?

Yes, he is very dramatic......and yes, he is crazy...IMO

According to the blog, Ron is also going to kill himself if Misty harmed Haleigh.....it's gotta make you wonder......doesn't it?

Yes, you're right. But don't you agree before Ron does away with himself, he'll have to ask his mom first?

There was a statement in an article posted somewhere up here where Donna is described as a "former member of TES".

I think TM probably did ask Donna's assistance in getting TJ Ward to Satsuma for the tests. I believe everything afterward was done as Baz suggests: Donna attempting to weave her way in to this case. I have to wonder at the claim that Tim sent her money to help with Misty's expenses while she's been away from Welaka, though. If it was done as a safety measure for Misty's sake, then it isn't only Donna who crossed a line, but TM. Whether it was an altruistic move on his part, done because he genuinely feared for Misty's safety or no....it was not his obligation to step into that and pull her out. It was his job to report his fears and knowledge to LE and allow them to assess it.

The only thing I found useful in this article was "It set this case back irreparably."

And last I heard, unaccompanied minors age for air travel was through age 18.

As a married women I don't think Misty is considered a minor anymore unless she is trying to buy alcohol or cigs

You're right, he is very dramatic. But I don't know why he would want to kill himself...he has a wonderful son to live for.

I will have to listen to the audio again did TM state whose gun it was, whose bedroom closet, and whose house they were at when this occurred. I think those answers might be key.

I am fed up with all of them - LE needs to do their thing everyone else needs to stay out of it and stop inserting themselves and creating a bigger mess JMO.

I think a lot of people have inserted themselves into this case, and some made up stories, and others betrayed confidences. I think all of it is wrong, and all for people wanting to be seen to have inside knowledge of the families of a missing child. I think it's awful, and I hope the family members now know that if they did not know people before HaLeigh went missing, they probably can't trust them at all. Very sadly JMO

As a married women I don't think Misty is considered a minor anymore unless she is trying to buy alcohol or cigs
That is the truth she isn't, i think Steph just wrote that since what DB may really be doing is keeping Misty on Constant Observation, making sure she isn't getting suicidal, pretty much protecting the key.
TM said that LE is aware of where Misty is at all times.

The one thing in that blog that seemed very telling to me is this statement by Steph:

"Every time Misty tells the same story, police can look for inconsistencies. Something different, perhaps a clue. That’s why it was so important to get Misty to tell “her side of the story” And perhaps from what I hear, it may her last interview (part 2 will air on CBS “Early Show on Monday) After the interview aired, Misty’s attorney dropped her as a client."
http://stephww.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/misty-cummings-what-really-happened/

What did he hear that would make him think that was Misty's last interview? Is she getting arrested soon? What would make him think it may be her last? His next statement is about her attorney dropping her as a client. Steph claims he got her the interview, not her attorney. I'm not sure what he "heard" that makes him think it may be her last interview, however i'd love to know

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back