Where Are You From??

Australia in about 1996. And I should tell you, if you do ever go, make sure you see New Zealand while you're in the neighborhood. I always thought it was the most beautiful country I had ever seen (at least until I went to Ireland).

Thanks, otg. Definate on the New Zealand! Some of the friends I made through business live there as the company has a huge branch there. I had an opportunity when the Olympics were in Australia but opted out because my daughter was expecting a child at any moment and I didn't want to be half a world away. One of my customers gave our company two all expenses paid tickets and since I was tops in sales the opportunity came first to me. I'm sure that will never happen again. Too bad. I'm glad that you've been, though. I'm sure it is lovely!
Just a little o/t here, but some of the peeps on the Oz end used to send me things in their container shipments here. Things like Australian beer and wool lined boots. We had a great time sending things back and forth that way!

Im from Minneapolis..I completely agreed the R's were guilty, followed the case and was shocked the Grand Jury didnt indict them. Ive since pretty much changed my mind. Im not convinced totally they werent involved but Im not convinced they were either. At this point Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Im from Minneapolis..I completely agreed the R's were guilty, followed the case and was shocked the Grand Jury didnt indict them. Ive since pretty much changed my mind. Im not convinced totally they werent involved but Im not convinced they were either. At this point Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Peepers, if it helps any, the Ramseys were sure they were going to be indicted too. They went back to Boulder prepared for Patsy to be arrested. I've always wondered why they didn't think John would be arrested as well. Maybe cause they knew who did it.

Thanks, otg. Definate on the New Zealand! Some of the friends I made through business live there as the company has a huge branch there. I had an opportunity when the Olympics were in Australia but opted out because my daughter was expecting a child at any moment and I didn't want to be half a world away. One of my customers gave our company two all expenses paid tickets and since I was tops in sales the opportunity came first to me. I'm sure that will never happen again. Too bad. I'm glad that you've been, though. I'm sure it is lovely!
Just a little o/t here, but some of the peeps on the Oz end used to send me things in their container shipments here. Things like Australian beer and wool lined boots. We had a great time sending things back and forth that way!

Ohhhhhhhhh, too bad you couldn't go. I'm sure you would've loved it. I remember someone from Oz telling me that whenever they came to the States, they bought and carried back with them this "wonderful, miraculous product that they couldn't get back home: Pepto-Bismol."

What I remember from Oz: Good wines, beer was called bitter, lots of lanolin products, closest thing to catchup was called "tomato sauce" (and it's nothing like catchup and hard to find), loved the L & P Soft Drink and Hokey Pokey Ice Cream; and in NZ, cigarettes were so expensive that they sold individual cigs in bars (maybe a Kiwi could help me understand that one, if we have any here).

Okay, I'll jump in here. Seems there are a lot of people here who have Texas connections. Me too. Born in Texas, lived in Texas, currently living in Texas, will probably... oh, nevermind -- I don't want to think about that.

Seriously, I have lived here all my life, but I like to travel the world. I could fill up the page with countries I've been to. Last trip was to Viet Nam, next trip planned will be to Costa Rica. My first international trip was to Russia years ago. Been hooked ever since on exploring other cultures -- it's my passion to meet and interact with people from all over the world. It's amazing how much we have in common, and how different we can be at the same time.

Otg I am recently transplanted to Texas as I said, but I must say, I have met some of the nicest, warmest people here. Men still open doors for women, my patients call me ma'am, until I ask them to use my name. It is a wonderful place, if you can stand the humidity. I remember the first thunderstorm after moving here and I suddenly understood Garth Brooks song, 'when the thunder rolls', because it does! I also know all those beautiful skies really do exist!

Otg I am recently transplanted to Texas as I said, but I must say, I have met some of the nicest, warmest people here. Men still open doors for women, my patients call me ma'am, until I ask them to use my name. It is a wonderful place, if you can stand the humidity. I remember the first thunderstorm after moving here and I suddenly understood Garth Brooks song, 'when the thunder rolls', because it does! I also know all those beautiful skies really do exist!

Sunnie, if the humidity in Texas bothers you, come visit me in Georgia! It can be 80 degrees here and actually feel like it's a 110! I'm not joking, ask Becky319.

My daughter-in-law's parents moved to Texas while she was pregnant with Grandmunchkin #1. She wanted to be near her mother when she became a new momma, so off Son and DIL and Grandmunchin-to-Be went.

Now, they seem to be pretty entrenched down there, and Grandmunchkin #3 is 2/3 of the way here. So it's a lot easier for Grandmomma to move there than for all of them to move back up here. Texas is a lot more like Mississippi than up here anyway (my son calls NW Arkansas the "pretend South"), and of all the states I've lived in, Mississippi is the one I call "home." I like all that "yes ma'am'ing" and such!

So, as long as all those Steelers-hatin' Cowboys don't run me out of the state, I reckon it'll do for a...hopefully...LAST home!

P.S. Most folks know of the "friendly hatred" between the Cowboys and My Steelers. Well, the "other grandmother" is a Dallas fan. This just goes to prove that God has a sense of humor!

Well hello almost neighbor! I hope you'll like Texas My tee mouse!! And being near your grand babies makes it all worth while!

Becky, I love you dearly, but we'll have to meet someplace with less humidity, say WDW in October! ;-)

Well hello almost neighbor! I hope you'll like Texas My tee mouse!! And being near your grand babies makes it all worth while!

Becky, I love you dearly, but we'll have to meet someplace with less humidity, say WDW in October! ;-)

Absolutely on the WDW! I can't wait.

MTM, that new little baby will make you and the other grandma forget all about the Steelers and Cowboys (for a little while, anyway).
My grandmother lives with me and she is a 92 yo Braves fan that doesn't miss a game. Well, I am a dyed in the wool Cubs fan and we get along great. It can happen.

We are in the midst of a blizzard. 11 inches of snow so far and its still coming.

Absolutely on the WDW! I can't wait.

MTM, that new little baby will make you and the other grandma forget all about the Steelers and Cowboys (for a little while, anyway).
My grandmother lives with me and she is a 92 yo Braves fan that doesn't miss a game. Well, I am a dyed in the wool Cubs fan and we get along great. It can happen.
Shoot...When GM#2 was born, GM#1 was staying with the other grandma. When she brought GM#1 to the hospital to meet his little sister...other grandmother had decked him out in full Dallas regalia!!!

Son and DIL actually made us quit razzing back and forth on FB about the rivalry. They said their friends were PMing them, saying they were afraid the grandmommas were going to get into a brawl! :woohoo: lmao That's okay, though. The GMs really benefit. They probably have more NFL gear than any other kids on the planet!!!

Shoot...When GM#2 was born, GM#1 was staying with the other grandma. When she brought GM#1 to the hospital to meet his little sister...other grandmother had decked him out in full Dallas regalia!!!

Son and DIL actually made us quit razzing back and forth on FB about the rivalry. They said their friends were PMing them, saying they were afraid the grandmommas were going to get into a brawl! :woohoo: lmao That's okay, though. The GMs really benefit. They probably have more NFL gear than any other kids on the planet!!!

Lol! No one else will ever spoil grand babies like their grandmas' and grandpas ! It's what were supposed to do. ;-)

I know where you're coming from. You should see my FB page. My family is split down the middle Georgia/Tennessee. I know the peeps who read there and don't know us personally think we're about to turn into the Hatfields and the McCoys!

Okay, I'll jump in here. Seems there are a lot of people here who have Texas connections. Me too. Born in Texas, lived in Texas, currently living in Texas, will probably... oh, nevermind -- I don't want to think about that.

Seriously, I have lived here all my life, but I like to travel the world. I could fill up the page with countries I've been to. Last trip was to Viet Nam, next trip planned will be to Costa Rica. My first international trip was to Russia years ago. Been hooked ever since on exploring other cultures -- it's my passion to meet and interact with people from all over the world. It's amazing how much we have in common, and how different we can be at the same time.
Travel is a different story- I've been to Israel, the Carribean, Tahiti,and parts of Canada and Mexico, but never Europe, would love to see Russia, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, England,and New Zealand, in that order of priority...

Travel is a different story- I've been to Israel, the Carribean, Tahiti,and parts of Canada and Mexico, but never Europe, would love to see Russia, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, England,and New Zealand, in that order of priority...

Now I'm envious. I haven't been to Israel yet, but have got to go there.

You really should put NZ higher on your list of priorities. Also, if you go to Europe, consider Eastern Europe first (esp. Croatia and Romania).

I was born and raised in San Jose....whoa whoa whoa who whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!

When asked what I do for a living, I tell people that I am an Online Detective working for Websleuths Online Detective Agency.....whoa whoa whoa whoa

I was born and raised in San Jose....whoa whoa whoa who whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!

When asked what I do for a living, I tell people that I am an Online Detective working for Websleuths Online Detective Agency.....whoa whoa whoa whoa

So, no need asking, right? Do you know the way to San Jose?

I love San Jose and Cupertino. The Winchester Mystery house was a favorite when we would go to Santa Cruz in the summer! Love your occupation line Toltec!

I love San Jose and Cupertino. The Winchester Mystery house was a favorite when we would go to Santa Cruz in the summer! Love your occupation line Toltec!

I loved Cupertino when there were acres and acres of fruit orchards. I loved Santa Clara when there were acres and acres of farm land.

Alas..no more. All u see now are acres and acres of concrete buildings and parking lots. Highway 101 and Interstate 280 are horrendous...

A nice place to visit but no room for you to live in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back