Where Are You From??

Travel is a different story- I've been to Israel, the Carribean, Tahiti,and parts of Canada and Mexico, but never Europe, would love to see Russia, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, England,and New Zealand, in that order of priority...
Forgot Singapore and Hong Kong that I've been to!

I wanna live in Malibu. Ive been there, I dont fit in, but it sounds so cool.

I never want to live anywhere but where I live. My husband and daughter have travelled all over the world. They are scuba divers, so they have been to New Zealand, the Great Barrier Reef, all over the Caribbean. They also have done bike tours through most of Europe. I have been to London and Italy each a few times, Grand Cayman and some other islands. I hate all forms of travel and there isn't anywhere in the world that I want to see or that would make going to a New Jersey airport worth it. I didn't even go to Disney World with my then-2-year-old grandson.
Hate the plane. Hate the airport and everyone working there. And I'd like to find a really good place to stick their "wands".
So it's better for me to stay home so I don't get "cranky". It is not a pretty sight.

I'm from lovely Melbourne Australia...the current home of Oprah Winfrey ;)
Actually, I think she's gone to Sydney today so I can't even claim that.

I've always been interested in crime and stories like the JBR one, mostly because I have a strong personal loathing for people doing the wrong thing and have an equally strong personal craving to see justice done.

Melbourne has been a safe city for years. I grew up in the period JUST before every kid decided their rights were more important than everyone else's rights...which is largely when the world became ridiculous.

Anyway, if you've never been to Australia, you should...it's like America but safe, relaxed and filled with nice people ;)

Was born in Long Island NY, so Dad could be close to airports (AA pilot).

Moved to upstate NY (Catksill Mtns.) at age 5. Mother getting ill and needed to be closer to her parents.

Still here. Blah LOL! Got our first snow a couple few days ago.
Retirement coming soon for DH though, so plan on Southern Pines, NC to be near our only child.

I never want to live anywhere but where I live. My husband and daughter have travelled all over the world. They are scuba divers, so they have been to New Zealand, the Great Barrier Reef, all over the Caribbean. They also have done bike tours through most of Europe. I have been to London and Italy each a few times, Grand Cayman and some other islands. I hate all forms of travel and there isn't anywhere in the world that I want to see or that would make going to a New Jersey airport worth it. I didn't even go to Disney World with my then-2-year-old grandson.
Hate the plane. Hate the airport and everyone working there. And I'd like to find a really good place to stick their "wands".
So it's better for me to stay home so I don't get "cranky". It is not a pretty sight.

What about the car train and you can ride the train to WDW and have your car when you get there!

I'm from lovely Melbourne Australia...the current home of Oprah Winfrey ;)
Actually, I think she's gone to Sydney today so I can't even claim that.

I've always been interested in crime and stories like the JBR one, mostly because I have a strong personal loathing for people doing the wrong thing and have an equally strong personal craving to see justice done.

Melbourne has been a safe city for years. I grew up in the period JUST before every kid decided their rights were more important than everyone else's rights...which is largely when the world became ridiculous.

Anyway, if you've never been to Australia, you should...it's like America but safe, relaxed and filled with nice people ;)

Someone told me tonight that 20% of citizens in Australia commit 80% of the crimes. Is that statistic even possible? I have always wanted to go to Australia!!

Im from Minneapolis..I completely agreed the R's were guilty, followed the case and was shocked the Grand Jury didnt indict them. Ive since pretty much changed my mind. Im not convinced totally they werent involved but Im not convinced they were either. At this point Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think EVERYONE was shocked, regardless of where they stood on the case. I know I was, and I was a die-hard IDI at the time.

From what I understand, the Rs were the most shocked out of anyone. They even made arrangements to surrender privately to LE so they wouldn't have to do the "perp walk." (We all know what that is, right?)

Born in Dallas - still live in Texas. At first I thought the R's did it, then, like someone else said, was influenced by Lou Smit for a very short time, and now firmly believe RDI. I'm anxious to read Super Dave's book.

Born in Dallas - still live in Texas. At first I thought the R's did it, then, like someone else said, was influenced by Lou Smit for a very short time, and now firmly believe RDI. I'm anxious to read Super Dave's book.

Welcome to Websleuths, Alphawaves. We're always glad to have new people and new ideas. Thanks for jumping in!

Welcome to Websleuths Alphawaves!! There are many others anxious for SD's book also! I will look forward to your posts.

Pleased to meet you, Alphwaves! Can I call you Al?

You're not the only one who's anxious. We may not have to wait much longer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Alpha :)

Your post reminded me that I'd forgotten to put in the information regarding demographics and if my location played a part in my opinion regarding this case. It didn't.

At first RDI, then IDI, then RDI, then IDI, now for almost certain RDI. Once in a while I will doubt my opinion, but come back to RDI. Specifically, PR.

I'm going to add something here that is in keeping with the topic. The oddest things occurred to me when I finally decided RDI. One of the many is that dang RN pen placed back into it's proper container. Another oddity is when I re-read the Ramsey book just recently; Patsy is states (paraphrasing but put quotes for clarity) "what well breed Southern women would be caught in white shoes after Labor Day?"

If this happened to me I wouldn't care if I were barefoot in 20 degree weather, for the rest of my life.

By the way nice to meet you :)

Could someone please let me know when SD's book is available. Thanks so much.

Hello to one and all!

I'm from Scotland. I live near Edinburgh -- the capital city. That's about it really.Is there a smillie icon with a kilt or braveheart-inspired painted face I can use? lol

Hello to one and all!

I'm from Scotland. I live near Edinburgh -- the capital city. That's about it really.Is there a smillie icon with a kilt or braveheart-inspired painted face I can use? lol
Well then we are related somewhere down the line. My dad could probably tell us exactly how far down the line. He's been doing the family tree for years now.

So welcome, Cuz, from an often-transplanted, probably extremely-distant relative!

Well then we are related somewhere down the line. My dad could probably tell us exactly how far down the line. He's been doing the family tree for years now.

So welcome, Cuz, from an often-transplanted, probably extremely-distant relative!

lol.

They do say that people are often linked by 'six degrees of separation'.

Same from me. My grandmother was Scottish.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back