Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape?

Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??

• YES

Votes: 115 44.7%
  • NO

Votes: 82 31.9%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters
SS: Again, with respect. Instead of taking issue with logical findings in this case, please give us your rational theory, listing evidence and known behaviors, excluding what you wish to believe in your heart.

If you can't provide a theory based on evidence and real events, would you at least consider not consistently tearing down the evidence provided by those who know it and are trying to help?

Chelly, with all due respect, Why do I have to put forth my working theory?

The previous poster said there is proof that the Ramsey's admitted that Burke was up. I am asking him to reference it so I can read it for myself and add it to the information I can work from.
I am not tearing anything down. I am researching and reading and learning as I go.

Everyone is allowed to post their theories in here - even if they don't agree with the masses. If you have evidence to the contrary and want to share it, you can. If you don't, then scroll on by.

:tyou:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Ok...found the ignore feature.

Everyone is allowed to post their theories in here - even if they don't agree with the masses. If you have evidence to the contrary and want to share it, you can. If you don't, then scroll on by.

BBM
Thanks Kimster!

I appreciate that. :)

I would like to see the evidence that shows PR and JA said that BR was up that morning. Not because I question it because I want to see proof so I can check that off and move on from there.
It is simple for me. Add up the proven facts and throw out the rumor. It is not easy in this case.

I appreciate that! Thank you. :)

Does anyone have an idea why my last post would have been deleted? There was nothing in it that should have caused it to be deleted that I'm aware of. If it was deleted by a mod, I'd appreciate knowing why.

TIA.

Does anyone have an idea why my last post would have been deleted? There was nothing in it that should have caused it to be deleted that I'm aware of. If it was deleted by a mod, I'd appreciate knowing why.

TIA.

IDK. I found the link you posted helpful.

(In following Kimster's suggestion to Chelly, I decided it was best for me personally to "scroll on by".)

Wait, The post about the article? Maybe it is the source of it we are not allowed to use? I appreciate you taking the time to find it for me though. I did read it. :)

I am searching for another link to support that The Ramseys said that Burke was awake but I can not find any.. Only other blogs quoting the article that was removed.

Why is that? Why would it not be something there would be more coverage on? Is it possible that that article was not completely fact based? Considering the source, is that out of the realm of possibility?

ETA: I did find on A Candy Rose a transcript of a deposition in which Patsy confirms they did that article.

Since no one seems to know why that post might have been deleted (gremlins?), I'll try posting it again and see what happens.

In response to ScarlettScarpetta's question about the Ramseys admitting that Burke was awake during the 911 call, I posted this article:

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/04032001ramseyenquirer.htm

I also gave information (from memory) as to the background on why they would grant an interview to a publication which has, what some would say, is at least questionable credibility. Fact of the matter is that the Ramseys through their lawyers had brought suit against National Enquirer for an article they had printed. The case was settled out-of-court for an undisclosed amount of money (my understanding is that it was a relatively small amount). As part of the settlement, the Ramseys agreed to sit down with NE editors for an exclusive interview “to set the record straight”. It was during that interview that they claimed they had found out that, contrary to their prior belief, Burke was indeed awake at some point around the time of the 911 call. (What choice did they have at that point since they found out that the recorded 911 call had his voice on it -- and they knew it to be true.) And I say, “at some point,” because they still seemed to not be sure whether to say he was awake before, after, or during the 911 call -- they changed their story several times during the interview, and then called back after the interview to correct themselves again (probably after speaking with their lawyers, but that’s JMO).

In the missing post, I also preemptively mentioned to anyone who might question the background information I provided, that I don’t have links to it. But knowing that it is factual and it is “out there”, and not having the time, need, or inclination to do it myself, I suggested (and still do suggest) that if anyone wishes to do so, they can research it themselves.

The Ramseys claimed that they didn’t know until Burke’s testimony to the grand jury in early 1999 that he was awake prior to the 911 call to Boulder police.
We are expected to believe their claims that they had no discussion about the matter for more than two years.
Take note that the GJ testimony would NOT have been the first time that he gave this particular information to someone.
Again, how is that we are expected to believe that they didn’t discuss what was said during the course of THREE DAYS OF INTERVIEWS???

Burke has been strangely quiet about his sister's murder, the Ramseys reveal. They say it wasn't until Burke's 1999 grand jury testimony that they found out he was awake before police arrived -- but was pretending to be asleep.
"Yeah, he testified to that. We thought he was asleep but he wasn't," said John, who had told police their son slept through the tragedy.
A source close to the case declared: "It's hard to believe that John and Patsy didn't find out until two and a half years after the murder that Burke was awake.
THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER, April 3, 2001

JonBenét’s brother, Burke Ramsey, was interviewed in Atlanta for two hours a day on consecutive days in early June (1998,) after Deputy DA Pete Hofstrom and Detective Schuller visited Georgia for a while to determine whether the boy was “a morning person or an afternoon person.” Now eleven years old, Burke would be interviewed alone by Schuller while Hofstrom and Ramsey lawyer Jim Jenkins watched from another room. The arrangement seemed designed more to make the boy comfortable than to elicit information.
[SNIP]
Burke Ramsey seemed to have recovered his memory, but to me his answers seemed awkward and he was clearly uncomfortable. When asked how he thought JonBenét had been killed, he replied, “I have no idea.” In his first interview he had been explicit in describing what happened to her. He confirmed that her bed-wetting had been a big problem.
[SNIP]
He heard the “house creaking” during the night, he said, and when he awoke, his mother was turning on the lights and in a rush, saying, “Oh my gosh, oh my gosh,” then his father turned the lights off again. Burke stayed in bed “wondering if something bad had happened.” He heard his father trying to calm his mother, then telling her to call the police.
Burke told the detective he did not get out of bed that morning and that a policeman looked into his room. He re-called thinking that when the police arrived “we would probably be tied up all day” and that he was disappointed the family would not be going to Charlevoix as planned.
When the three days of interviews about his sister’s murder were over, Detective Schuller asked the boy if there was anything he wanted to ask. Burke said yes and pointed to the detective’s wristwatch. “Is that a Rolex?”
JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, pages 355-356

The Ramseys stated publicly on more than one occasion that Burke was asleep, and they never asked him if he had seen JonBenét, or whether he had heard anything unusual that night. More importantly, what parent would not be screaming their child’s name as they searched the house for her?
It was only Fleet White who stated that he had called for JonBenét as he checked the house after being summoned to the home that morning.
Foreign Faction: Who really kidnapped JonBenet? James Kolar, page 328

From the outset of this investigation, the Ramsey family appeared to have gone to great lengths to distance Burke from Boulder Police investigators. Rick French attempted to speak to him on the morning of the kidnapping as he was departing the residence with Fleet White. John Ramsey intervened and told the officer that Burke had been asleep and didn’t know anything.
Well, how would Ramsey know that? The family has repeatedly stated that they never woke him up that morning to ask him anything about JonBenét’s disappearance.
Boulder investigators did get one preliminary opportunity to speak with Burke, however, and Detective Fred Patterson had the foresight to scramble to the White residence not long after the discovery of JonBenét’s body. This interview took place at approximately 1500 hours on the afternoon of December 26, 1996, and a woman at the residence, identifying herself as Burke’s grandmother, sat in on the interview. The transcript of the recording
was the first glimpse I had into Burke’s thought processes. It is not clear whether Burke was aware that JonBenét had been found at the time that this interview was conducted, but throughout the questioning, I found it odd that he never once expressed concern for his sister or asked about the status of the search for her. Quite the opposite was observed. Detective Patterson had to stop his interview at one point in order that Burke could finish
eating a sandwich. Here was a police detective, asking him about the disappearance of his sister, and he was so engrossed in the act of eating that he couldn’t articulate his words with a mouth full of food.
[SNIP]
The only noise he reported hearing after going to bed was the “squeaking water heater.” He did not hear any “scream, cry, yell or any raised voices” during the night.
Burke provided conflicting information about waking: in one instance he advised that he woke and his father told him about JonBenét being gone. In another instance, he advised Detective Patterson that his dad had awakened him and told him that his sister was missing and that they were going to find her.
At the close of the interview, Burke again stated that he didn’t hear any arguing between anyone the previous night.
A red flag fluttered when I noted that Burke concluded the interview, not with a question about the welfare of his missing sister, but with a comment about his excitement about going to Charlevoix. The anticipation of being able to build a fire at the family’s second home apparently held some appeal to him. It was an odd comment, and I concluded my reading of the last page of this transcript with more questions than what I had going in at page one. How could Burke not be inquiring about the status or welfare of his missing sister?
Foreign Faction: Who really kidnapped JonBenet? James Kolar, pages 346-347

Just a random thought here: If I found a ransom note in my home and my daughter was missing----I'd be screaming through the house, yelling, and turning every light on. I'd be especially concerned that every child in the household not leave my sight. It would be a frantic search.....looking through every closet, all lights on, calls made everywhere, and everyone would remain at my side for fear that the kidnapper was still in the house.

So if an IDI, why didn't this all happen?

Oh right, silly me with all that thinking......

:banghead:

Just a random thought here: If I found a ransom note in my home and my daughter was missing----I'd be screaming through the house, yelling, and turning every light on. I'd be especially concerned that every child in the household not leave my sight. It would be a frantic search.....looking through every closet, all lights on, calls made everywhere, and everyone would remain at my side for fear that the kidnapper was still in the house.

Exactly. I'd have searched every nook and crevice in every room, not called everyone that I knew (especially since the note told me not to.) I'd also sit down with the police no matter how I felt and answer questions in the hopes that whoever did this would be found. I'd want this mystery intruder to be found. But you're right, who would think to do all that. JMO, MOO

exactly.AND first thing you'd do would be to check if the other child is UNHARMED and ALIVE!!!
and you'd wake him up to ask him whether he heard/saw anything!

I think you think that is what you would do, But you just don't know. After the experience I had when my son went missing Everything went cloudy and I.Could. Not.Think.
I could not remember easy things. I had trouble talking to the 911 operator and focusing on what she was saying. I went blank. It is a terrifying unique situation that you can not at all have any clue about unless you have been there.

We all think we know what we would do, Or what other people should do. But that is just ego talking.. That we would know best and do the exact right thing. The thing is in that circumstance, You just fall apart.

I think you think that is what you would do, But you just don't know. After the experience I had when my son went missing Everything went cloudy and I.Could. Not.Think.
I could not remember easy things. I had trouble talking to the 911 operator and focusing on what she was saying. I went blank. It is a terrifying unique situation that you can not at all have any clue about unless you have been there.

We all think we know what we would do, Or what other people should do. But that is just ego talking.. That we would know best and do the exact right thing. The thing is in that circumstance, You just fall apart.

ScarlettScarpetta,
Your cognitive experience may not be able to be generalised to everyone, precisely because, as you suggest, we do not know.

Some might check children in a specific sequence others in a random sequence, AKA random selection, others might panic and request assistance from others.

Nothing is set in stone and deviation does not imply some particular conclusion.

Falling apart is normal in a stressful situation, its the psyche's response which allows you to jettison stuff that is not required, i.e. das ego!

At the end of the tape, I think it's PR saying "they are going to arrest me".

I found the exact same thing odd about the entire book, DOI. Every single pronoun was we/our. It stood out to me as really weird.

I agree it is quite strange! You find a (kidnapping) ransom note, your daughter's bed is empty, and you're not panicked beyond words, that you say "our" - would never happen, the convo is a one-on-one - "my daughter is gone - HELP" i would scream at the top of my lungs.... This case is beyond weird and sad as well. Wonder how Burke is doing these days. Can't imagine he's acting fine and normal....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back