Who Is Caylee's Biological Father?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Michael Baden, ME, made the comment while talking about FBI results that they knew who Caylee's father was but were not releasing the information. (paraphrased, not exact words)

Thanks, Noway. I had been waiting to hear something from Dr. Baden, I really respect him. I don't know how I missed him commenting on the case.

I think knowing who Caylee's dad is could prove to be a very integral part of the case.

<<I don't agree. Casey will not be found guilty by process of elimination, she will be found guilty based on the evidence against her. The father does not need to be eliminated as a suspect because he's not included as a suspect, any more than you or I are.>>

Exactly. Just my opinion but I think it's clear that the biological father isn't significant to the case. I don't see how they could possibly use him to create any sort of reasonable doubt either. In my opinion, I think this case is going to be a circumstantial and forensic case (even if a body is found).

Dr. Michael Baden, ME, made the comment while talking about FBI results that they knew who Caylee's father was but were not releasing the information. (paraphrased, not exact words)

Thanks, Noway. I had been waiting to hear something from Dr. Baden, I really respect him. I don't know how I missed him commenting on the case.

I think knowing who Caylee's dad is could prove to be a very integral part of the case.

I agree with you Sleuthy. I am not sure they know the bio dad by name but I am sure they have identified his dna. But I do think he has to be eliminated or JB will use it for reasonable doubt.

It was during the interview when he was talking about the FBI evidence. I think I have it saved. I'll try to find and post in this thread.

<<But I do think he has to be eliminated or JB will use it for reasonable doubt.>>

How so?

I agree with you Sleuthy. I am not sure they know the bio dad by name but I am sure they have identified his dna. But I do think he has to be eliminated or JB will use it for reasonable doubt.

How would Baez use the unnamed father to create reasonable doubt? The father has been no part of Caylee's life, ever. According to Casey, he's died long before Caylee disappeared. Not one shread of evidence links anyone else to Caylee's disappearance. Knowing what you do about this case, do you think it's at all reasonable to believe the father did it?

I understand Noway was paraphrasing Dr. Baden's comments but isn't that just weird that (it seems) both LP and Dr. B are saying something to the effect of "LE knows who the daddy is but they aren't releasing that info? Why would you not release that info? I'm asking the question to get some possible answers, not because I have my own concrete theory. I really can't make up my mind yet. One one hand, I think if Casey knew who the father really was that she would have milked that for all it was worth....money, etc. On the other hand, if the father was Lee, then I could see where alot of the family's stalling and covering up could make "sense."

How would Baez use the unnamed father to create reasonable doubt? The father has been no part of Caylee's life, ever. According to Casey, he's died long before Caylee disappeared. Not one shread of evidence links anyone else to Caylee's disappearance. Knowing what you do about this case, do you think it's at all reasonable to believe the father did it?

I'm the person you quoted, however that's not what I said..that was soul_tear's response to me. Anyway, I don't think that the father did it...I totally think this was all Casey's doing BUT, depending on the identity of the father, and I'm speaking strictly from the point of view of IF it were to be someone related to Casey, THEN the defense could use it to foster some kind of sympathy for Casey as the victim of abuse.

I trust Dr. Baden's judgement, and he is the one that Greta turns to for any forensic information. After the election is over, I expect Greta to return to this case (and Drew Peterson), and I'd like to see her ask Dr. Baden about the forensic results revealed so far.

I understand Noway was paraphrasing Dr. Baden's comments but isn't that just weird that (it seems) both LP and Dr. B are saying something to the effect of "LE knows who the daddy is but they aren't releasing that info? Why would you not release that info? I'm asking the question to get some possible answers, not because I have my own concrete theory. I really can't make up my mind yet. One one hand, I think if Casey knew who the father really was that she would have milked that for all it was worth....money, etc. On the other hand, if the father was Lee, then I could see where alot of the family's stalling and covering up could make "sense."

Without full confirmation that Lee is the father by LE they wouldn't leak it imo. They have just recently received his DNA by subpoena and it takes some time for those tests to come back conclusively. So far, not one iota of a denial or response to the allegations, just a disappearing member of the family.

Why would they release the info? It's none of our business, unless he's involved in the crime. Clearly, LE doesn't think so.

I doubt that KC knows who the father is. MOO

Brini, I understand where you come from. Perhaps it's the way I'm reading into it. I am taking it more as LE isn't releasing it because it has something to do with the case rather than they aren't releasing it out of respect for the privacy of the person. Just MOO and could totally be putting my own spin on it.

Even if LE knows who the father is, and I don't believe that they do, there is no reason for them to release the information. What purpose would it serve? Perhaps they've already contacted the father and/or his family and they'd prefer not to be dragged into this. If that's the case, I certainly couldn't blame them.

Guess it doesn't matter who Caylee's father is! Good job Casey. And CayLEE is now missing... Good job Casey!

Mmmm....I went to this site and it says both of my parents could not have had blue eyes if I have green eyes. Whaddya' know? I'm an anomaly!:rolleyes: I'll ask my sister. Maybe one of them had one blue and one green...and I never noticed :)

Nah, you're not an anomaly. Most people just don't know how eye color is inherited. It is NOT a clear-cut dominant-recessive inheritance of a single allele from each parent as was once thought.

It's explained well here: http://discovermagazine.com/2007/mar/eye-color-explained

Signed,
Green-eyed daughter of two parents with blue eyes with 3 bio sibs: one with blue eyes, one with brown eyes, and one with grey eyes

<<But I do think he has to be eliminated or JB will use it for reasonable doubt.>>

How so?

I don't think he has anything to do with Caylee's disappearance. Yes I do think Casey is guilty but what you or I think has no bearing on anything.I hope that didn't sound rude.
LEGALLY he (or anyone else involved with her) HAS to be eliminated. There are rules of law that have to be followed. Baez will use ANYTHING to create reasonable doubt and it only takes 1 juror to have doubt. Being logical has nothing to to with it....lol!
jmo

I don't think he has anything to do with Caylee's disappearance. Yes I do think Casey is guilty but what you or I think has no bearing on anything.I hope that didn't sound rude.
LEGALLY he (or anyone else involved with her) HAS to be eliminated. There are rules of law that have to be followed. Baez will use ANYTHING to create reasonable doubt and it only takes 1 juror to have doubt. Being logical has nothing to to with it....lol!
jmo
There is a rule of law that says people who have had no involvement with a deceased person must be eliminated as suspects? Could you please post a link to that law?

Even if LE knows who the father is, and I don't believe that they do, there is no reason for them to release the information. What purpose would it serve? Perhaps they've already contacted the father and/or his family and they'd prefer not to be dragged into this. If that's the case, I certainly couldn't blame them.

LE has the bio dads dna they have caylees dna and all that has to be done is remove the mitochondrial dna and you have the fathers. Now whether they have matched it to anyone is another story.

<<but isn't that just weird that (it seems) both LP and Dr. B are saying something to the effect of "LE knows who the daddy is but they aren't releasing that info?>>

I don't think it's weird at all. Why would LE release the info? It's not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn