Who is GBC? An armchair psych discussion

It's a screen capture from my iPad. Front page of the Australian today. It was taken yesterday.

Thanks! :)

He looks totally dazed. He really had no idea.

Jmo...it is very confusing for narcissists who get called to account for their BS.

Jmo...it is very confusing for narcissists who get called to account for their BS.

He looks "a LOT hurt" in that photo. He and his family really thought he was going to be found not guilty. Amazing that after sitting through all the evidence they still couldn't believe it.

Off topic posts will be removed without explanation. I've explained this numerous times already. :waiting:

He looks "a LOT hurt" in that photo. He and his family really thought he was going to be found not guilty. Amazing that after sitting through all the evidence they still couldn't believe it.

Jmo it is because everything they see or hear gets transformed by a "bs" filter before it reaches their conscious minds. My ex in laws were like this...if one of them got a bad evaluation it was because the evaluator was jealous, or too small-minded to understand how fabulous they were. So you have on one hand, the person as a victim of others' ignorance or poor judgment; and on the other, the fact that they are "trying to tear you down" just goes to show how special you are because otherwise you wouldn't have become a target for them. And if you (objectively speaking) screw up and someone gives you a second chance, it just goes to show how priceless you are to have them keep you on despite your failings...not how that person is kind or believes in giving second chances or whatever.

If this sounds like bs, that's because it is. Just remember, nothing is ever your fault, and if something truly lousy does happen to you, it's just because the gods were jealous of your unique awesomeness.

*i brought this from the other thread...hope it is ok?

does anyone know who the blonde nutjob was on the tv last night, the one with the rolling eyes? when they were showing the bad acting killers?

does anyone know who the blonde nutjob was on the tv last night, the one with the rolling eyes?

I know the one you mean, but have never seen her. Not buying what she's selling without further evidence just quietly.

The one I was involved with was convicted of assault 3 years ago, his story.
*The police botched it, and the judge had to let it go because it WAS the Police Dept
* Witnesses didn't say what they witnessed - just answered yes or no to questions asked
* The judge and HIS Barrister were 'on the take' - his barrister suggested he plead guilty, pay him $20,000 on top of his fees and then he would be able to not have the conviction recorded (or something like that)

To this day he tells everyone that it is a false conviction and he's being made to pay for something he didn't do, and that it's his ex wife's fault - EVERYTHING is her fault.

I can well imagine GBC doing the same.

does anyone know who the blonde nutjob was on the tv last night, the one with the rolling eyes? when they were showing the bad acting killers?

It was also disclosed Melissa Romano who interviewed for a job at Baden-Clay's Kenmore real estate business - west of Brisbane - five years ago had been asked to kill his wife, Allison Baden-Clay.

When she spoke to police, Ms Romano said Baden-Clay did not give her the job but had another in mind for her - to kill his wife.

Despite Ms Romano trying to laugh off the comment, Baden-Clay said he was serious about the request.

Investigations were made into the remark, but it was found it was most probably a joke made while the convicted murderer was attempting to hit on Romano.

But this was not Baden-Clay's only attempt to find sex outside of his marriage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-children-assets-left-her.html#ixzz37aoJwBAV

The one I was involved with was convicted of assault 3 years ago, his story.
*The police botched it, and the judge had to let it go because it WAS the Police Dept
* Witnesses didn't say what they witnessed - just answered yes or no to questions asked
* The judge and HIS Barrister were 'on the take' - his barrister suggested he plead guilty, pay him $20,000 on top of his fees and then he would be able to not have the conviction recorded (or something like that)

To this day he tells everyone that it is a false conviction and he's being made to pay for something he didn't do, and that it's his ex wife's fault - EVERYTHING is her fault.

Sounds about right...

What I kind of saw from my own experience, but didn't necessarily expect from gbc, is that he apparently bought into the crap he was selling everybody! It is kind of weird because I have never ever understood how a defendant can just sit there thru the trial, ESP cross-examination and reading the verdict, without "losing it" - so I guess I should be less surprised that gbc reacted like he did.

Can anyone compare to other defendants?

Pic of the day goes to www.theaustralian.com.au
azahysap.jpg

Same pic - from www.couriermail.com.au
ypu7eny7.jpg

Jmo it is because everything they see or hear gets transformed by a "bs" filter before it reaches their conscious minds. My ex in laws were like this...if one of them got a bad evaluation it was because the evaluator was jealous, or too small-minded to understand how fabulous they were. So you have on one hand, the person as a victim of others' ignorance or poor judgment; and on the other, the fact that they are "trying to tear you down" just goes to show how special you are because otherwise you wouldn't have become a target for them. And if you (objectively speaking) screw up and someone gives you a second chance, it just goes to show how priceless you are to have them keep you on despite your failings...not how that person is kind or believes in giving second chances or whatever.

If this sounds like bs, that's because it is. Just remember, nothing is ever your fault, and if something truly lousy does happen to you, it's just because the gods were jealous of your unique awesomeness.

*i brought this from the other thread...hope it is ok?

This describes my (very recent) ex and his mum perfectly! How many times I have heard that line about other people being jealous if they disagreed or expressed some dissatisfaction. Same with getting a bad grade or performance evaluation. It was always that the other person has an agenda or feels threatened. Man that drove me up the wall! It's strange to be around that sort of thinking because if you disagree, that goes through the same BS filter, and another twisted idea comes back at you and you can't really argue with it because the logic is so off. It sort of leaves you stunned. Sorry OT I know.

This describes my (very recent) ex and his mum perfectly! How many times I have heard that line about other people being jealous if they disagreed or expressed some dissatisfaction. Same with getting a bad grade or performance evaluation. It was always that the other person has an agenda or feels threatened. Man that drove me up the wall! It's strange to be around that sort of thinking because if you disagree, that goes through the same BS filter, and another twisted idea comes back at you and you can't really argue with it because the logic is so off. It sort of leaves you stunned. Sorry OT I know.

The similarities between GBC, my ex and your ex are chilling, I hope it's not off topic as we are trying to get an insight into who GBC is, and people who have been involved with that type may be able to put a spotlight on GBC's 'mind'.

I'm so pleased. The smugness and smirking toward Allison's family and supporters was disgusting to to mention Nig & the O'Licac one on the stand disregarding Allison. I will never never forgive the comment of Allison (while she was pregnant) being sick out of the car. Woman to woman should have understood that.
The whole family has a lot to be answered for! Absolutely sickening.
They might 'fall in a hole and won't be back' 'Is that OK'? Mr policeman?

I'm so pleased. The smugness and smirking toward Allison's family and supporters was disgusting to to mention Nig & the O'Licac one on the stand disregarding Allison. I will never never forgive the comment of Allison (while she was pregnant) being sick out of the car. Woman to woman should have understood that.
The whole family has a lot to be answered for! Absolutely sickening.
They might 'fall in a hole and won't be back' 'Is that OK'? Mr policeman?

It's horrible to think that the disrespect we saw fired at Allison during the trial was probably chicken feed compared to the disrespect they openly displayed towards Allison every day and in person.

"Consider" asked me on the verdict thread to link to the post about narcissistic injury/suicide. Hope this link works. I highly recommend this book. I bought it a decade ago when trying to figure out my escape from my ex husbands narcissistic family.

http://samvak.tripod.com/narcissismmyths.html

"Narcissists very rarely commit suicide. They react with suicidal ideation and reactive psychoses to severe stress – but to commit suicide runs against the grain of narcissism. This is more of a Borderline (BPD) behavior. The differential diagnosis of NPD from BPD rests on the absence of attempted suicide and self-mutilation in NPD.

In response to a life crisis (divorce, public disgrace, imprisonment, accident, bankruptcy, terminal or disfiguring illness) the narcissist is likely to adopt either of two reactions:

1. The narcissist finally refers himself to therapy, realising that something is dangerously wrong with him. Statistics show that talk therapies are rather ineffective with narcissism. Soon enough, the therapist is bored, fed up or actively repelled by the grandiose fantasies and open contempt of the narcissist. The therapeutic alliance crumbles and the narcissist emerges "triumphant" having sucked the therapist's energy dry.

2. The narcissist frantically gropes for alternative Sources of Narcissistic Supply. Narcissists are very creative. If all else fails, they exhibitionistically make use of their own misery. Or they lie, create a fantasy, confabulate, harp on other people's emotions, fake a medical condition, pull a stunt, fall in ideal love, make a provocative move or commit a crime… The narcissist is bound to come up with a surprising angle to extract his narcissistic supply from a begrudging and mean world."

This topic really interests me because I had a relationship with someone who was self-absorbed and I didn't even realize what was going on. Once that person had no use for me anymore, they said terrible things and I was so shocked. I really thought I knew him. Even everyone we knew was shocked when he did his complete turn around. Because of that experience, cases like this hold me captive because now I know a person can be completely fake and have everyone fooled. Who are they, really? I don't know that there is an answer!

Do they think we are all as shallow as they are? Or do they recognize truthful, empathetic people and know how to manipulate them? So many questions!

When I think of Allison, I think "but for the grace of God, there go I...."

This topic really interests me because I had a relationship with someone who was self-absorbed and I didn't even realize what was going on. Once that person had no use for me anymore, they said terrible things and I was so shocked. I really thought I knew him. Even everyone we knew was shocked when he did his complete turn around. Because of that experience, cases like this hold me captive because now I know a person can be completely fake and have everyone fooled. Who are they, really? I don't know that there is an answer!

Do they think we are all as shallow as they are? Or do they recognize truthful, empathetic people and know how to manipulate them? So many questions!

When I think of Allison, I think "but for the grace of God, there go I...."

Me too "but for the grace of God, there go I . . . "

No it is totally disorienting! And for me personally, it just fed my own insecurities...like it was being constantly fed to me how amazing The Fam was, so in my case everything that Sister in Law did was just outstanding, but Ex was ready, willing, and able to point out my flaws or bad habits, so it was constantly being reinforced to me that she was flawless and I was just wrong in so many ways. So for example, Sister in Law screwed something up and she gets worked up and bursts into tears...that is because she is just so amazing how she is so hard-working and ambitious and everyone looks up to her that it creates such pressure on her that a lesser person wouldn't feel so they wouldn't break down and cry like a freaking baby because they had to stay late at work one night to fix their own mistakes. (whoops! Sorry that last bit was my stubborn logic breaking through!) Whereas when I was in a very similar situation, except that I didn't cry, I was mad at myself and frustrated with what I was trying to do, so I swore, ripped up the sheet of paper I'd been writing on and threw it at the trash can across the room, and stomped out to cool my head. When I come back into the room I get a helpful lecture from Ex about how when I have a hot temper and react to small provocations with fire, it makes people wary of being around me because they don't want to get burnt just because they happen to be nearby when my anger boils over. Now really, I could've reacted more calmly - and at the time that's what I used to make it seem "ok" that he would have such a double standard for be vs Sister in Law - but that's insane. It's just that at the moment I felt bad anyway about throwing a mini-tantrum, added to already feeling upset about the need to redo work, so I took what he said to heart. It is like you've followed them down the rabbit hole. SMH.

I honestly believe Gerard Baden-Clay has a sociopathic type of personality discorder. I think Allison was unaware of this and he hid it very well. I don't think many people know how to identify his type of personality.
At the age many people marry (from 20 years to 40 years of age) there are not too many people who know enough about sociopathic personalities. The lucky ones just think someone is a bit odd and keep away from them without thinking too much more about it. We are too young to understand the dangers of the sociopath when we are at marrying age.
Poor Allison, Gerard Baden-Clay was attracted to her romantically so she was doomed. His parents seemed to have approved of his behaviour, it is as though he saw himself as an aristocrat.
His sociopathic personality can be seen in his absolutely controlling behaviour. I have read about his control over the children...hand signals!! I am glad they are now in a nurturing environment.
There is now a lot more publicity about sociopaths and how to identify them.
I wonder if anyone will ever uncover what he spent all that money on. He went through a lot of money, there must be some sort of a money trail. I have do doubt Queensland Police are working on it.
:lookingitup:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back