Who is Hannah Graham?

Maybe already been noted, but it appears she was a Kappa Delta from a picture in that video. Would have meant she pledged Spring semester of this past year.

What can you tell us about Kappa Delta...I'm not familiar with Greek life...but I know they all have their own personality.

As has probably been noted before, her anagrammatic-sounding name (and "hannaH") is a delight.

What can you tell us about Kappa Delta...I'm not familiar with Greek life...but I know they all have their own personality.

I feel like sorority house stereotypes are just that, so I don't feel like it's of much use for me to speculate on. Although I did get a bid from KD but did not end up pledging Greek. They have a good reputation at UVa though. I'd say down-to-earth and not snobby. So, it fits with my understanding of HG's personality. JMO :)

She's so young and innocent in her pictures...HG graduated a year early from HS, so was a young college sophomore.

Friends from a softball team Hannah was a member of, the Mount Vernon Magic, describe her as very nice and smart. She's a Sophomore at UVA and graduated a year early from high school.

Friends says she always has a smile and is always positive.

On her Twitter, Hannah tweets about how excited she was to go back to school to Charlottesville and England.

http://www.wsls.com/story/26534829/police-searching-for-missing-uva-student

The sign in our neighborhood, a couple of blocks from her parents' home. It previously said 'Bring Hannah Home'. The yellow ribbons are still up. I think Hannah and her family is in everyone's heart around here right now.

hannah sign.jpg

I don't remember hearing about any public memorial service for Hannah---was it all private?

Love it!!! Hannah's popping some tags! :)

So refreshing to see her when she was alive. Thanks Bessie!

That's awesome. Thanks to the member and Bessie. Awesome.

What a beautiful memorial to Hannah! Thank you belimom for sharing. Hannah and her family are in the hearts of so many all over the nation.

When is Hannah's funeral? Just wondering, it seems like a long time since they found her. :(

Was this Hannah's funeral?

http://www.mountvernongazette.com/news/2014/nov/05/remembering-hannah/

<A young boy walked the eight-sided labyrinth with steady, assured steps following a well-traveled path to the center. He had done this before. The low clicking of his high-tops on the smooth dark concrete mingled in the air with guitar and flute music, wind buffeting branches outside the church and the occasional tearful sigh.

#St Aidan&#8217;s Episcopal Church in Alexandria was hosting a &#8220;Candlelight and Silence&#8221; public service in memory of Hannah Graham on Nov. 1 from 8:30-10:30 a.m.

#The University of Virginia sophomore and West Potomac alumna had gone missing Sept. 13. On Oct. 24, the Virginia Medical Examiner's Office and Albemarle County Police Department confirmed her death by linking her to human remains found the previous week on an abandoned property along Old Lynchburg Road in southern Albemarle County.

#The labyrinth, painted in deep burgundy on the floor in the back corner of the sanctuary, was meant to offer people a method to meditate and reflect while walking. Stopping at various points along the path gave different perspectives on the Spartan interior of the hall, with its unfinished panels and slats of light ochre-colored wood from floor to ceiling.

#&#8220;While comfort may yet feel out of reach, we offer this place and time to be in the quiet with painful truths, difficult unknowns and heartbreaking losses,&#8221; said an announcement from the church. &#8220;Some measure of healing and nourishment can be found in being alone together.&#8221;

#At the front of the sanctuary, the altar was decorated with a white runner and a large, slightly tousled yellow ribbon. Two ceramic bowls stood before the altar, elevated on black metal stands. The bowls held a bed of white sand for propping up pencil-thin prayer candles.

#Supporters came and went over the course of the two hours, lighting candles and sitting in silence before moving on. After exiting the labyrinth and lighting his candle, the boy sat with his mother in the pews. She held him close.>

How young and innocent Hannah was. She was stolen from all of us when she was just blossoming. If I could change the world ....

Hannah Graham: Celebration of Life to be held at West Potomac
1:06 p.m. EST November 14, 2014
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...on-of-life-west-potomac-high-school/19029075/

West Potomac High School will celebrate the life of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham on Saturday.

The Celebration of Life will take place Saturday, November 15 at 11 a.m. in the Springbank Auditorium at the high school, with a reception following in the cafeteria.

For Hannah Graham’s family, ‘nightmare’ leaves enduring uncertainty and loss
By T. Rees Shapiro Nov 14, '14 at 6:30 pm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/for-hannah-grahams-family-nightmare-leaves-enduring-uncertainty-and-loss/2014/11/14/4849784a-6c2c-11e4-a31c-77759fc1eacc_story.html

“She made us smile. She made us laugh,” Graham said. “She was clearly a remarkable young woman and someone we are very proud of. She was bright. She was witty. She was beautiful. And she made people happy.”

Dan Fitzgerald, a French teacher at West Potomac, described Graham as among the best students he’s had in his advanced classes.

“She had a raw intelligence,” Fitzgerald said. “She could remember things seemingly effortlessly, and she had a lot of natural curiosity.”

“She enjoyed being ironic in French,” Fitzgerald said. “If irony was her first foreign language, then French was her second.”

“She was happy as can be,” Van Dyck, a junior, told The Post. “She had a smile ear to ear.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back