Who was Pfingst representing at the mansion?

Who was Paul Pfingst representing?

• A. S.

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • D. S.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • G. S./E. S.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • N.R.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Medicis

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Paul Pfingst

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find it surprising that a parent--who was preoccupied with the death of his son and donating his organs to others--would hire an attorney to handle matters relating to a search warrant of his home and a polygraph for his brother. Seems very prudent to hire such a lawyer.

JMO

Hiring A CRIMINAL ATTORNEY who is very politically connected to immediately go to the scene of a possible murder? He couldn't have been that preoccupied...and BTW - how preoccupied was he while he was missing from his son's bedside for so many hours? One would think normally preoccupied parents of critically ill children would be at the bedside not running home and to hotels and other places intead of sitting vigil at the bedside. That is just MOO...that's how we roll here where I am from..I cannot speak for elsewhere.

Hiring A CRIMINAL ATTORNEY who is very politically connected to immediately go to the scene of a possible murder? He couldn't have been that preoccupied...and BTW - how preoccupied was he while he was missing from his son's bedside for so many hours? One would think normally preoccupied parents of critically ill children would be at the bedside not running home and to hotels and other places intead of sitting vigil at the bedside. That is just MOO...that's how we roll here where I am from..I cannot speak for elsewhere.

Hiring a criminal attorney to oversee the execution of a search warrant at my house and a polygraph of my brother would be something I would do if my child were dying. I wouldn't want to be served with search warrants while in the ICU. When I was facing the impending death of my beloved dad, I still took breaks for things such as rest and so did my mother. Signing a DNR Order can be somewhat draining. I can't even begin to imagine what signing documents donating my son's organs would be like.

I also can't imagine there is anything more stressful than keeping a death vigil for one's child. I'm not going to make a negative judgment of a man just because he took a break. The entire reason Ronald McDonald Houses are adjacent to hospitals is so parents can take breaks. My husband and I have volunteered for over a decade at the RMcD House here. That's how we roll.

JMO

Hiring a criminal attorney to oversee the execution of a search warrant at my house and a polygraph of my brother would be something I would do if my child were dying. I wouldn't want to be served with search warrants while in the ICU. When I was facing the impending death of my beloved dad, I still took breaks for things such as rest and so did my mother. Signing a DNR Order can be somewhat draining. I can't even begin to imagine what signing documents donating my son's organs would be like.

I also can't imagine there is anything more stressful than keeping a death vigil for one's child. I'm not going to make a negative judgment of a man just because he took a break. The entire reason Ronald McDonald Houses are adjacent to hospitals is so parents can take breaks. My husband and I have volunteered for over a decade at the RMcD House here. That's how we roll.

JMO

I have had to sign a DNR and donate organs for a family member...and I have been at the bedside of my critically ill child...more than one actually. The only breaks I took were to sleep in the reclining chair next to her and stepping downstairs to get food for my family who was also there...they slept in the waiting room..for well over two weeks...I showered in the hospital and went right back to the bedside. I could see using the RMcD house for a long term catastrophic illness and tx...such that would last months...a week long vigil would be sat out at the bedside. I just have questions as to how much time Mr S actually spent at the bedside during the time in question. I will not get into my volunteer schedule as it is long and not relevant to the topic of the thread.

JMO

It's not about taking a break. It's about his whereabouts during the time period of question. If police claim they know where he was beyond the shadow of a doubt, I don't think it's too much to ask how they were able to determine that, considering the search warrant doesn't even ask for videos from RMDH.

I have had to sign a DNR and donate organs for a family member...and I have been at the bedside of my critically ill child...more than one actually. The only breaks I took were to sleep in the reclining chair next to her and stepping downstairs to get food for my family who was also there...they slept in the waiting room..for well over two weeks...I showered in the hospital and went right back to the bedside. I could see using the RMcD house for a long term catastrophic illness and tx...such that would last months...a week long vigil would be sat out at the bedside. I just have questions as to how much time Mr S actually spent at the bedside during the time in question. I will not get into my volunteer schedule as it is long and not relevant to the topic of the thread.

Our children's hospital doesn't allow parents to take showers within the hospital. And the ICU does not have room for recliners. It isn't a hotel for parents. Thus, the purposes of an adjacent RMcD House. I certainly do consider Maxie's injuries to be catastrophic. When the Shacknai's began their vigil, they did not know when it would end.

Nobody has any right to question the boy's father about how much time he spent at his child's bedside. LE have publicly stated they accounted for his whereabouts.

JMO

My guess is AS. He is the one who was interviewed by LE and then given a polygraph.

Given the Plausible improbability of this entire case, I've changed my mind. I'm choosing "Other <fill in the blank>".

I think he was hired to just creep everyone out who could be connected to this case
(or intimidate them)
or to have a reason to be at the crime scene nosing around. He was never going to represent anyone. Think about it, he can claim client confidentiality, so no one ever knows the real intent.:loser:

Please watch the videos 'Questions Linger' and 'Investigators say Woman's' at the News 8 link that is at the top of IWannaKnow's original post.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/coronado-mansion-death?clienttype=printable&redirected=true

Paul states he is representing a member of the family and never talked to Jonah. Unusual wording, I thought then and now. I hate redacted articles, as I would have sworn that one article at the time, stated that Paul didn't enter the house. What's up with that? They only show him behind the yellow tape, talking with LE officers.

I don't find it surprising that a parent--who was preoccupied with the death of his son and donating his organs to others--would hire an attorney to handle matters relating to a search warrant of his home and a polygraph for his brother. Seems very prudent to hire such a lawyer.

JMO

He stated he did NOT represent Jonah Shacknai. Said he had NOT spoken to Jonah Shacknai. It's in the videos.

JMO

You have a point there MyBelle. You are correct, that LE stated that the parents spent every minute at their child's bedside. However Dina made a statement to the press, that SHE was at her son's bedside when the incident happened. Didn't say 'we', but 'she'. Interesting choice of words, I would say.

Also, since that was told to us by LE, which would be very believable and customary for the parents to stay at the bedside, we have found out the parents were away from the bedisde, not keeping a bedside vigil, for much of the time.

Also, Ms McKenna, who is writing the book about Rebecca's death, has interviewed the employees at the RMcDH at Rady's Children's. None of them saw Jonah or Dina there. This is according to her statements on another site and has not been verified, however the information has been turned over to Bremner, so I have a feeling it may be:

1) The reason we have no verification of Jonah being there

2) If true, will be blown wide open when Bremner submits her case to the AG's office. Which she has stated will be soon, after her investigation is complete.

She has certainly found other evidence LE was unable to find, or felt was unimportant. I am anxiously awaiting her appeal.

IWannaKnow, thank you for the links in your original post!!

Also in the second video, you can see two LE officers, with gloves on, carrying out the 'picture frame', which is WAY smaller than a door. We didn't hear/read anything about that, correct? Or the carpet.

Sunnie ... do you ever remember Pfingst saying they would not let him in the house? I do remember now he said it was one of the family.... but who all would that include (taking JS out of the equation? It could be

Max, DS, NR
JS children by KJ
AS

Would it extend to include:
Rebecca (her sister, her family)
Kimberly James
anyone else related to Max or Jonah

Others?

Time, I honestly do not know if Kimberly, Jonah's first wife, (name correct?), could afford to hire Paul, nor do I think AS could afford to hire Paul. What about Jonah's company hiring Paul, to sniff around and see if there was any proof of Jonah being involved?

I truly thought that Paul's statements, concerning the fact that Jonah did not hire him, spoke more than him saying who did hire him.

I do believe he was hired, hired to make sure Jonah was not guilty and to lead suspicion away from Jonah. Heck, maybe LE hired him, due to the idea that Rebecca may have been involved in Max's accident?

Time, I honestly do not know if Kimberly, Jonah's first wife, (name correct?), could afford to hire Paul, nor do I think AS could afford to hire Paul. What about Jonah's company hiring Paul, to sniff around and see if there was any proof of Jonah being involved?

I truly thought that Paul's statements, concerning the fact that Jonah did not hire him, spoke more than him saying who did hire him.

I do believe he was hired, hired to make sure Jonah was not guilty and to lead suspicion away from Jonah. Heck, maybe LE hired him, due to the idea that Rebecca may have been involved in Max's accident?

I think Kimberly and Ian have money, but nonetheless ...

I don't think Adam would have hired him himself or had the money - could have been foisted on him by JS?

I also t hink he would have worked pro bono at first to get a high profile case? Depends on what his role would have been. Maybe he was to consult with the PR company or Medicis on presenting this to the media should something more come up?

... per my post. It seemed a bit silly at the time (Pfingst representing no one, but was hired), however, I think he could have actually been called by the PR agency or a Medicis rep and put on a retainer, he wasn't representing Jonah nor had he talked to him. I would say this was to gain info for damage control or to react quickly to the media if someone was further questioned (polygraphed - he could have intervened and that is why a second polygraph was not requested) or accused ... an so on. If Rebecca's death had been ruled a homicide I suspect Pfingst would be just one member of a 3-5 person team of attorneys.

Pretty much where my mind is going, as he is well known in the San Diego area. I think it may have been exactly what happened Time.

Pretty much where my mind is going, as he is well known in the San Diego area. I think it may have been exactly what happened Time.

Yeah, me too although either "PR Firm" or "Medicis" could be replaced with an actual person's name and possibly still fit.

Yeah, me too although either "PR Firm" or "Medicis" could be replaced with an actual person's name and possibly still fit.

True, but if we replace Meidcis with a name, it doesn't seem to fit as well to me. Not sure why, I can't place a finger on it yet.

Also, the PR firm, wasn't hired until the day after Max died I think. Or at least 'officially'. I could very well be incorrect about that however, as I am remembering a shiva thread and the fact that Jonah hired them during Max's shiva.

My thoughts and opinion is that PP was hired to represent JS, hence, explains the reason JS didn't have to take a polygraph.

On a side note: There's always the possibility that PP was hired to represent GS/ES.

Our children's hospital doesn't allow parents to take showers within the hospital. And the ICU does not have room for recliners. It isn't a hotel for parents. Thus, the purposes of an adjacent RMcD House. I certainly do consider Maxie's injuries to be catastrophic. When the Shacknai's began their vigil, they did not know when it would end.

Nobody has any right to question the boy's father about how much time he spent at his child's bedside. LE have publicly stated they accounted for his whereabouts.

JMO

Yes, LE publicly claimed they accounted for his whereabouts. But LE also publicly claimed during the press-conference that JS was at the children's hospital, but their search warrants in fact show he was not from 1 am to 7 am on the night of interest, he was at RMDH instead.

Rady seems to have wonderful facilities for the parents of patients.

http://www.rchsd.org/yourvisit/atthehospital/amenities/index.htm

The Parent Center
The Parent Center, on the Sun Level of the Nelson Family Pavilion (between the Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders and the Ortho/Rehab unit) is a quiet resting place for parents and other adult family members. Showers, places to sleep, small lockers, a microwave and a refrigerator are all located here. The center is open 24 hours a day, but is reserved for parents only after 8 p.m. As a courtesy to other parents, please do not bring children into the center. Families with children are invited to go to the Nelson Family Pavilion playground.

Showers
Showers are located in the following areas:

The Parent Center
Near the service elevators on the Sun Level of the Rose Pavilion
In the Ernest Hahn Critical Care Center (South)

It's not about taking a break. It's about his whereabouts during the time period of question. If police claim they know where he was beyond the shadow of a doubt, I don't think it's too much to ask how they were able to determine that, considering the search warrant doesn't even ask for videos from RMDH.

I'd like to know what's so darn important that he had to leave his childs side after 24-48 hours? My goodness! Who does that?

And did he have PP on his speed dial? JS only stayed in coronado during vacation breaks. PP represents clients in complex litigation, white collar crime, and professional licensing matters these days. So what he was doing poking around at a (possible) violent crime scene.

Odd if ya ask me....but this whole case is odd. :crazy:

MOO

Mel

Rady seems to have wonderful facilities for the parents of patients.

http://www.rchsd.org/yourvisit/atthehospital/amenities/index.htm

The Parent Center
The Parent Center, on the Sun Level of the Nelson Family Pavilion (between the Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders and the Ortho/Rehab unit) is a quiet resting place for parents and other adult family members. Showers, places to sleep, small lockers, a microwave and a refrigerator are all located here. The center is open 24 hours a day, but is reserved for parents only after 8 p.m. As a courtesy to other parents, please do not bring children into the center. Families with children are invited to go to the Nelson Family Pavilion playground.

Showers
Showers are located in the following areas:

The Parent Center
Near the service elevators on the Sun Level of the Rose Pavilion
In the Ernest Hahn Critical Care Center (South)

Actually Ronald McDonald House is right across the street from Acute Care and is closer than the Nelson Family Pavilion.

http://www.rchsd.org/cmsprodcons1/g...reativesvcscomm/documents/content/c013260.pdf

I'd like to know what's so darn important that he had to leave his childs side after 24-48 hours? My goodness! Who does that?

And did he have PP on his speed dial? JS only stayed in coronado during vacation breaks. PP represents clients in complex litigation, white collar crime, and professional licensing matters these days. So what he was doing poking around at a (possible) violent crime scene.

Odd if ya ask me....but this whole case is odd. :crazy:

MOO

Mel

BBM - I'm stunned at the amount of time they WEREN'T by his bedside.

JMO

I believe that we do have a right to question the amount of time he did not spend at his son's bedside...despite press releases that he was at his sons bedside during the time in question...there have been contrary reports that he was not. I do not trust LE's account of his whereabouts at this time...I do not believe they actually verified them....I think they took his word for it...and that is not enough for me. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname