Who was Pfingst representing at the mansion?

Who was Paul Pfingst representing?

• A. S.

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • D. S.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • G. S./E. S.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • N.R.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Medicis

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Paul Pfingst

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lash...

BBM where did this info come from?

TIA

Hi there Kittychi!

Here is the info concerning attorney Pfingst -

“It was probably Jonah who had retained Paul Pfingst, the lawyer who had texted Adam just before he took the polygraph tests. Unable to reach Adam, Pfingst knew the private number to call at the sheriff’s office where he could get a message to Adam as soon as possible. His intent had indeed been to advise Adam, as Detective Hillen had predicted, that he should avoid the polygraph machine—at least at this point in the investigation.

Since the results were inconclusive, it didn’t really matter.

Earlier in the day, Paul Pfingst had gone to the Spreckels Mansion before Rebecca Zahau’s body was removed. He was one of the few people besides the EMTs and law enforcement personnel to be allowed onto the property. Pfingst was photographed talking with the detectives on the other side of the CRIME SCENE tape. In one shot, a detective has an arm around Pfingst’s shoulder.”

Excerpt From: Rule, Ann. “Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors.”

I forgot the part about Adam ignoring the call.

“And then his cell phone rang. He said he didn’t recognize the number and let it go to his text mailbox. But it rang again a few minutes later. Adam checked the caller ID and saw that it was a message from an attorney’s office.

“My brother must have called a lawyer for me,” Adam said. “What do you think he wants to say to me?”

“I think,” Hillen said truthfully, “that he would tell you not to take the polygraph test.”

Lash, thanks so much; I didn't read the book because I thought I knew everything, LOL :facepalm: :blushing:

In one of the early news videos I saw someone walking PP to his car with his arm around him.

Good old boys scratching each others' backs.

You're welcome! I purchased the book as a download. If you have any questions I would be happy to search!

I think this is the picture you were referring to, attorney Pfingst behind the crime scene tape with someone giving him a shoulder hug. Sure looks a lot like the picture of Pfingst in the article KZ linked. Anyone know who is extending the hug?

image.jpg

How can a defense attorney behind crime scene tape not be seen as any other than misconduct and unethical in a murder investigation?

You're welcome! I purchased the book as a download. If you have any questions I would be happy to search!

I think this is the picture you were referring to, attorney Pfingst behind the crime scene tape with someone giving him a shoulder hug. Sure looks a lot like the picture of Pfingst in the article KZ linked. Anyone know who is extending the hug?

View attachment 37893

How can a defense attorney behind crime scene tape not be seen as any other than misconduct and unethical in a murder investigation?

BBM I've addressed this point in a thread before, but I'll restate my theory here. I think when Pfingst was called to the crime scene and he trespassed the crime scene, he feigned ignorance that Jonah was behind the call to hire him via a legal technicality. Jonah likely had called his own Medici office and his company then had its lawyers or staff call Pfingst. This way there is a detachment of communication from Jonah to Pfingst. So Pfingst used this to state to the media that he had "not spoken to Jonah". This way, when Pfingst crossed the crime scene, technically, it was not misconduct because he was only acting on behalf of someone in Medici, rather than Jonah himself.

I believe Pfingst knows full well how to "work" and "manipulate" the system.

I still call his crossing the crime tape unethical, even if it might not be legally considered "misconduct".

BBM I've addressed this point in a thread before, but I'll restate my theory here. I think when Pfingst was called to the crime scene and he trespassed the crime scene, he feigned ignorance that Jonah was behind the call to hire him via a legal technicality. Jonah likely had called his own Medici office and his company then had its lawyers or staff call Pfingst. This way there is a detachment of communication from Jonah to Pfingst. So Pfingst used this to state to the media that he had "not spoken to Jonah". This way, when Pfingst crossed the crime scene, technically, it was not misconduct because he was only acting on behalf of someone in Medici, rather than Jonah himself.

I still call his crossing the crime tape unethical, even if it might not be legally considered "misconduct".

BBM: That's it!

:clap:

Going back in time...an attorney attempting to reach Adam...begs the question: why would someone think an attorney should be called for Adam??? He said she hung herself.

They finished the autopsy the day after her death. The autopsy says COD is suicide now, but what did it say when it was first completed. If they thought it was suicide, then why do any more with Adam..why a polygraph? Why any more investigation at all?

One more thing...I don't know how closely the Coronado / San Diego police departments work, but IMO probably close enough that San Diego did not want to spoil Coronado's clean record on violent crime.

IMO, calling it a murder would have been a big stain for Coronado.

I wonder, would it be possible for the Zahau family attorneys to subpoena Pfingst to make him participate in a deposition? If he were not assigned as attorney to represent any of the defendants, is it possible? And shouldn't he be banned from representing any of the defendants due to his conflict of interest?

It will be very, very interesting to see what role Pfingst plays in the upcoming WD trial.

The allegations in the linked article are stunning. The biggest question I've always had about this case is "how much evidence has been hidden and destroyed." If any hint of this comes up, Kamala Harris should get involved.

BBM.

I don't think there is any reason why PP cannot be subpoenaed in the Zahau WDS, unless he is representing AS. And then I'm not sure if a defense attorney representing a named defendant can be subpoenaed as a witness? Anyone know?

IIRC, federal rules of civil procedure allow 10 witnesses to be deposed, and also additional witnesses can be asked to respond in writing to up to 25 questions, called interrogatories.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Rules_of_Civil_Procedure"]Federal Rules of Civil Procedure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I think PP will be called as a witness, if there are no rules that prevent it. His actions in the early hours after Rebecca's death need to be explained.

It will be interesting to see who each of the named defendants has representing them in the civil WDS suit. I wonder if PP will be retained to represent AS? Now, wouldn't that be interesting?

In any event, we will have the responses of the named defendants by early November. When those are filed, we will know who is representing AS and the twins. It seems to me that it is in their best interests to each have separate representation.

I agree with you on how Pfingst and Jonah likely connected that day. I tend to believe Jonah is very clever. I do not understand how Pfingst acting on the behalf of someone from Medicis warrants permission for him to cross a crime scene. It should not have mattered who Pfingst was there to represent. He should not have been behind the tape. In my opinion, allowing Pfingst behind the tape shows LE was not professionally protecting a crime scene. I guess one of SDSO's posted FAQ's should have included a question regarding why they allowed a non member of LE on an active crime scene.

I agree with you on how Pfingst and Jonah likely connected that day. I tend to believe Jonah is very clever. I do not understand how Pfingst acting on the behalf of someone from Medicis warrants permission for him to cross a crime scene. It should not have mattered who Pfingst was there to represent. He should not have been behind the tape. In my opinion, allowing Pfingst behind the tape shows LE was not professionally protecting a crime scene. I guess one of SDSO's posted FAQ's should have included a question regarding why they allowed a non member of LE on an active crime scene.

I think there are legal loopholes to how Pfingst was allowed to cross the crime scene tape. Since both Pfingst and Jonah are lawyers, I would assume they both are aware of these loopholes.

E.g., I could see Pfingst asserting that he was retained by stockholders of Jonah's company Medici to oversee what is happening to the CEO's summerhouse, perhaps claiming that the house is the company's equity...

Had SDLE been conducting itself properly, they would NOT have allowed anyone connected to Jonah to cross the crime scene tape because such people would have been appropriately considered as potential POIs to Rebecca's death. However, SDLE was lacking in such propriety, and it seemed anything and anyone can go in and out of the crime tape so long as they have power and money. I still believe that the woman with the turtle/hunchback who entered the Spreckels mansion the Wed morning that Rebecca's dead body was found is Dina. Can you imagine? If true, this means SDLE allowed whom I believe was Rebecca's MURDERER to enter the crime scene and further contaminate/tamper with it.

Hi Bourne!

I think this is where your missing post went? It is missing, lol, just in a different thread.

You are leaping into a conclusion without a basis in fact. Pfingst didn't cross into a crime scene. He was turned away.

http://www.10news.com/news/evidence-sealed-in-coronado-mansion-death-investigation

Prominent San Diego defense attorney Paul Pfingst visited the home late Wednesday night but was refused entrance. Pfingst would only say that he was hired by someone involved in the case but was forbidden to speak with that person.

The "blue ribbon" panel of experts felt there was a clear conflict of interest.

“Fleck, Rudoy, and Bremner mentioned the “blue ribbon” panel of experts who had joined them in their disbelief that Becky had been a suicide: forensic pathologist Cyril Wecht; retired Los Angeles homicide detective Steven Fisk, with five hundred homicide, suicide, and suspicious death investigations under his belt; private investigator Paul Ciolino; and several expert instructors from the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.

They felt there was a clear conflict of interest in the close relationship between Sheriff Gore’s office and Adam Shacknai’s attorney, Paul Pfingst, the former two-time district attorney of San Diego County. Attached to this letter was the photograph of Pfingst at Becky’s death site inside the yellow crime scene tape even before the arrival of the deputy medical examiner. One of the detectives clearly had his arm around the former DA’s shoulder.

“Paul Pfingst used a non-published phone number to reach the police,” the legal trio noted, “to tell them not to give his client (Adam) a polygraph. In this recorded call, Pfingst referred to the incident as a ‘homicide.’"

“We know from experience,” David Fleck wrote, “that homicide detectives do not hobnob with a prime suspect’s defense attorney during an active investigation, and it is highly unusual for a defense attorney to be at a [working] crime scene. At a minimum, it creates a disconcerting appearance of impropriety.”

The "blue ribbon" panel of experts felt there was a clear conflict of interest.

Just because a group of attorneys "felt" something does not make it true.

JMO

JMO

Yeppers. Just as when one is saying something as though it's fact, when it's not fact, does not make it true. You know like when JS saying he left a voice-mail for Rebecca or Dina Romano saying she was in the ICU sitting vigil with Maxie or Nina Romano telling her BS stories or Shoot-'Em-Up Sheriff Gore telling more tales.

Yep. Just because those people said what they said, does not make it true.

Nor does a 'rumor' someone brings to this board regarding Rebecca and Jonah's relationship mean it's fact.

pfingst_13_jul_11_zpsccd74c02.jpg

Pictures do tell a thousand words though, and they don't lie. :)

Thanks Caricoa!

Source: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150248"]Photos only. Please post pictures here only. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

JMO

The "blue ribbon" panel included more than attorneys. Please read my quote again. The panel included several experts of different backgrounds.

I do agree with you, just because an attorney "felt" something doesn't make it true. The same can be said about Adam's polygraph examiner and his inconclusive polygraph not followed up with a second as suggested by the examiner. Just because he "felt" Adam was being truthful does not make it true. The same could be said about Jonah's VM and the panties found in the guest room. Just because Jonah, an attorney, says so does not make it true. Now these are things I consider leaping to a conclusion without a basis or facts. As a blog poster, I can leap all I want. I expect more from professionals investigating a homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname