Who was Pfingst representing at the mansion?

Who was Paul Pfingst representing?

• A. S.

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • D. S.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • G. S./E. S.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • N.R.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Medicis

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Paul Pfingst

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "blue ribbon" panel included more than attorneys. Please read my quote again. The panel included several experts of different backgrounds.

I do agree with you, just because an attorney "felt" something doesn't make it true. The same can be said about Adam's polygraph examiner and his inconclusive polygraph not followed up with a second as suggested by the examiner. Just because he "felt" Adam was being truthful does not make it true. The same could be said about Jonah's VM and the panties found in the guest room. Just because Jonah, an attorney, says so does not make it true. Now these are things I consider leaping to a conclusion without a basis or facts. As a blog poster, I can leap all I want. I expect more from professionals investigating a homicide.

Polygraphs aren't always accurate and that is why they are voluntary and usually not admissible in court. LE investigations aren't always perfect.

<modsnip>.

JMO

Yeppers. Just as when one is saying something as though it's fact, when it's not fact, does not make it true. You know like when JS saying he left a voice-mail for Rebecca or Dina Romano saying she was in the ICU sitting vigil with Maxie or Nina Romano telling her BS stories or Shoot-'Em-Up Sheriff Gore telling more tales.

Yep. Just because those people said what they said, does not make it true.

Nor does a 'rumor' someone brings to this board regarding Rebecca and Jonah's relationship mean it's fact.

I'm pretty sure Dina, Nina and JS can prove where they were. Only JS knows about his true relationship with RZ at the time of her death but others who were around them can form opinions and make observations.

JMO

I'm pretty sure Dina, Nina and JS can prove where they were. Only JS knows about his true relationship with RZ at the time of her death but others who were around them can form opinions and make observations.

JMO

So who is it that was around them at the time of her murder has formed these opinions and made their observations public? Please provide a link.

So who is it that was around them at the time of her murder has formed these opinions and made their observations public? Please provide a link.

I didn't say they made their observations "public."

Paul Pfingst is accused of secreting evidence

Paul Pfingst, a prominent criminal defense attorney and a former District Attorney for San Diego County, might face criminal investigation by California&#8217;s Attorney General, according to a prosecutor.

His actions are being reviewed by the Attorney General for potential criminal and State Bar violations.&#8221;

Prosecutor Keith Watanabe stated: &#8220;Mr. Pfingst took physical evidence related to the crime (the $27,000 to $30,000 in cash) and converted it to his own use.&#8221;

&#8220;Mr. Pfingst&#8217;s involvement with defendant&#8217;s &#8216;get-away&#8217; bag has been referred to the California Attorney General&#8217;s Office,&#8221; prosecutor Watanabe stated.

&#8220;The people intend to call Mr. Pfingst as a witness,&#8221; prosecutor Watanabe declared. The prosecutor suggested this creates &#8220;potential conflicts,&#8221; and stated that a trial court may remove defense counsel, even over defendant&#8217;s objections, to eliminate conflicts.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblo...aul-pfingst-is-accused-of-secreting-evidence/

BBM. It would seem that an attorney representing a client may be called as a witness in a criminal case. That may give some insight into an earlier discussion here as to whether or not PP could be called as a witness if/ while he is representing AS in the Zahau WDS civil case.

K_Z, thanks for the info!

I'm thinking PP's arrogance and his sense of entitlement finally caught up to him.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblo...aul-pfingst-is-accused-of-secreting-evidence/

BBM. It would seem that an attorney representing a client may be called as a witness in a criminal case. That may give some insight into an earlier discussion here as to whether or not PP could be called as a witness if/ while he is representing AS in the Zahau WDS civil case.

Where do you get that Mr. Pfingst ever represented Adam at all? I doubt he is going to represent him in a personal injury/wrongful death lawsuit because it isn't one of his practice areas.

http://www.higgslaw.com/attorneys/paul-j-pfingst

Mr. Pfingst currently represents clients in complex litigation, white collar crime, and professional licensing matters.

This is excellent news! :) So glad Prosecutor Watanabe is pursuing Pfingst's alleged misconduct to a higher level and court. Maybe the Zahau lawyers will provide additional info re: Pfingst's potential misconduct from the Zahau case to bolster Watanabe's case regarding Pfingst's pattern of questionable behaviors. :rockon:

Great news! Can't wait to see him take the stand to testify under oath.

The charges against Pfingst in the case linked above (not RZ's) are very serious. He was defending a woman, Julie Harper, who has been accused of murdering her husband, Jason Harper. Pfingst went to the crime scene and removed a large amount of money from his client's 'get away' bag, then hid the bag in the attic of the home. WOW. This happened in August 2012, just a little over a year after RZ's death.

“Days after the murder, Mr. Pfingst removed $27,000 to $30,000 in cash that was found in defendant’s ‘get-away’ bag, prior to seizure by police,” the prosecutor stated in a 32-page document. “The money Mr. Pfingst took is evidence relevant to this crime.”

Read more: http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblo...-accused-of-secreting-evidence/#ixzz2hefG9bnl

It makes you wonder what Pfingst was sent to Spreckels to retrieve? In the case above, he was obviously retrieving cash and a 'get away' bag that his client had told him about.

Did the person who murdered RZ (or knew of her murder) forget to do something or leave something behind? He doesn't appear to be carrying anything with him in the photo, though he could have smaller items in his pocket.

Could he have helped wipe away fingerprints? Did he bring something to the crime scene to establish a "red herring" in the case?

It sounds as though he could face some very serious charges in the Harper murder case. Would it be possible for state attorneys to negotiate a deal with Pfingst to give him a lighter sentence or lesser charges in the Harper case if he agrees to talk under oath about what he knows of RZ's murder? IANAL, but was just wondering if that's possible.

Paul Pfingst is not new to scandals and accusations of ethical misconduct. A little history...

http://www.sandiegomagazine.com/San-Diego-Magazine/August-2002/Ethics-Experience-and-Electing-a-DA/

In a recent solicitation letter for San Diego district attorney candidate Judge Bonnie Dumanis, Gwinn writes: “There has never been a greater need for new leadership in the District Attorney’s Office. ... There have been too many ethical lapses, too many broken promises, too many failures of integrity and leadership. ... Mr. [Paul] Pfingst should not be running for a third term with an office dripping with scandals of his own making.”

Tough words, indeed, from the city’s top lawyer. It should be noted Gwinn lost to Pfingst in the primary of 1994’s D.A. race. And it’s inaccurate to say 70 percent of District Attorney Pfingst’s staff voted him untrustworthy. San Diego County’s top prosecutorial administrator oversees 1,000 employees who have never been collectively polled on the topic of ethics and trust. But 300 deputy D.A.s have, and 68 percent of those casting ballots issued a stinging vote of no confidence in their boss.

That dissatisfaction is born of a labor dispute, claims Pfingst. No, say many deputies, it’s disgust with an unethical and vindictive boss. Numbers of his legal corps seem content to spend days alternately fueling their contempt for Pfingst and spewing it forth to anyone who’ll listen—especially reporters.

The RedHead, as some staff refer to Pfingst, can be fiery. If you’re not with him, you’re against him, say polarized underlings. Not that Pfingst is paranoid, but it appears he believes everyone—especially the press—is out to get him. Inside the Emerald Plaza hotel lobby, and later in his nearby Hall of Justice office, he allows a half-hour interview to stretch into a rambling, four-hour discourse—veering largely off the record, at his insistence. Pfingst parades a wide range of emotions. He is cutting and funny one moment. The next, he is snarling and red-faced, literally spitting as he makes insistent points.

I hope Pfingst gets his just rewards. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't. Obviously he's part of a network (large and deep) adept at covering up crap. Kinda like...I'll cover for you/I'm calling in my favor kinda thing. These people didn't just start doing crooked things. They've been pulling this crap for many, many years.

All my opinion, of course.

ETA

Well, we all know why Pfingst isn't representing good ole Adam in the WDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member