Who was the most effective defense witness?

who was the most effect non-Anthony defense witness?

• Dr. Michael Rickenbach, FBI Chemist (insignificant levels of chloroform)

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Dr. Michael Sigman, UCF Chemistry professor (said tests consistent with gasoline in trunk)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Dr. Kenneth Furton, FIU Chemistry professor (no definitive scientific manner to determine decomp)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Dr. Warner Spitz, ME (no evidence of homicide, duct tape likely placed post-mortem/post decomp)

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • River Cruz/KH (claimed GA told her Caylee's death was "an accident that snowballed out of control")

Votes: 69 37.7%
  • Maria Kish (no smell in car, backseat passanger, testimony JB pronounced as 'bombshell')

• Tony Lazaro (no smell when trunk opened, Casey good Mom-stopped Caylee from running to Apt pool)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Dr. Sally Karioth (behavior during the 31 days not that unusual, could be consistent with grieving)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Roy Kronk (manipulated skull, shook the bag 3x, comment to son 11/08 about remains?)

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • R. Eicklenboom, touch DNA (duct tape marker not Casey/Caylee,not permitted to test other evidence)

• other (explain)

Votes: 54 29.5%

• Total voters
George. He did a great job of hesitating, arguing with Baez and overall appearing guilty.

According to the alternate juror, they believed George was hiding something. How they decided that made KC innocent is beyond me.

Plus, how was George supposed to act? Jose made some pretty horrendous allegations against him without any evidence. They were pretty much ruining a ruined man yet Jose claims to have saved a life. Yeah at everyone's expense!

George. He did a great job of hesitating, arguing with Baez and overall appearing guilty.

Absolutely. I agree 100% with this. George was the most effective for the DT. I cringed everytime he got up on the stand. He came across as evasive and like he was trying to hide something. It seemed that way to me even though I am familiar with George's personality, so I can just imagine how he came across to the jury.

I think people just didn't believe GA and especially after RC's testimony ... so I voted RC.

I think she was instrumental in supporting the DT claim that it was an accident. She was also quite credible on the stand.

It's too bad but in this case we will never know the truth.

Baez!!! He lied & twisted & threw things in that were false through the whole trial.
Honestly, I believe at this point that if Casey had of confessed in one of those videos she would have still walked.
No one can convince me that someone didn't poison the whole jury.
No one can convince me that 100 % of those jurors have absolutely no common sense.

I believe the A's were the most effective witnesses for the defense......and I think the jury thought so too. So, I didn't vote.

Oops, I voted the thread question and said "other"-- Cindy the perjurer, for certain. :banghead:

I think the pool and sliding glass door pics were "evidence" for that jury.

I answered "other". I think George was the most effective witness for the defense. He lied, and was combative and evasive on the stand. I think George's testimony is the main reason ICA got off.

I really hope RC did have an affair with George because her testimony is what made him seem like such a liar. If he did have the affair he should have said yes I did, I was a wreck and she offered me comfort, just made him look bad that she said one thing he was saying another, a pattern in this family it seems.

I voted for River because the alt juror used the words "accident" and "snowballed".

I voted other. Baez was by far the most convincing witness according to the jury. Even though he wasn't technically a witness, he was allowed to testify for Casey. Baez I think became an extention of Casey by spreading her lies. She didn't have the guts to do it. It should be against the law to be able to say anything you want to in opening statements.

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

Jose Baez. The jury apparently thought he was a witness, too.

All those Dr.s? I am of the opinion that the jury disregarded all of the scientific evidence.

The best witness for Casey was Baez in his opening statements. He told the jury that George was involved and that Kronk was morally bankrupt and the jury seems to have not heard a word said by anyone after that.

The lying Anthony's made it impossible to believe any version of any story. They created the monster and they are responisble for setting her free.

I actually think the jury made their decision DESPITE anything that the defense presented. This is a case that was decided on what the state presented (or not) and the fact that there were so many LIES!!!

I voted other. Baez was by far the most convincing witness according to the jury. Even though he wasn't technically a witness, he was allowed to testify for Casey. Baez I think became an extention of Casey by spreading her lies. She didn't have the guts to do it. It should be against the law to be able to say anything you want to in opening statements.

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

I posted the same thing before seeing your post. I completely agree, what Baez did should be illegal.

I went with other. I have two that think did it...

1) JB. His opening statements, imo, planted doubt right from the beginning. He even said ICA new what happened, it was an accident. I know the jury isn't suppose to concider that but I guarentee they did.

2) ICA herself. She never took the stand but she put on one heck of a show from the sidelines. Remember, the jury didn't see her fits. What they saw was a young mother weeping while viewing photos of her precious baby. I actually have reconcidered the compitence of the DT. They coached her very well!

I'm with the other "others." Between the opening statement and the entire anthony clan...meh. Disgusted. Disheartened. Disillusioned. Bah.

JB and his OS and the way he spun everything...not that JB is effective...but he confused the jury enough that they had no more common sense.

I voted for River Cruz because I think that she might have outed George as a liar. George had already testified that he had NOT had an intimate relationship with the woman: He closed his eyes a couple of times and made light of the subject. He also introduced information about HER criminal past as if to mollify his own wrongdoing. I knew that he wasn't telling the truth, and RC's testimony confirmed it.

Since RC's testimony came late in the defense's case, jurors might have recalled it more vividly than other witnesses. If they were convinced that George lied about an affair, perhaps many or most of the jurors questioned other issues that were brought up about George, i.e. the sexual molestation, covering up a drowning, etc. jmo

Father time. He saw that Caylee would be in that swamp too long for a great deal of viable DNA evidence to be left.
But it's neither here nor there to me, many a cold case as well as the Peterson case were tried and won in the absense of hard DNA evidence/cause of death.

don't forget the jury heard TL answer the question,"Yes" when JB insinuated he was told by ICA that she was molested. The jury never got to hear the rest. TL explained she told him her brother "just felt her up". Jury was not present for that part.

JB got to put all the sexual abuse he wasnted by asking questions, getting sustained but the witness answered. They also got to hear the State tested Lee for paternity. The jury had it in their minds that ICA was a victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43
Back