Who was the most effective defense witness?

who was the most effect non-Anthony defense witness?

• Dr. Michael Rickenbach, FBI Chemist (insignificant levels of chloroform)

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Dr. Michael Sigman, UCF Chemistry professor (said tests consistent with gasoline in trunk)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Dr. Kenneth Furton, FIU Chemistry professor (no definitive scientific manner to determine decomp)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Dr. Warner Spitz, ME (no evidence of homicide, duct tape likely placed post-mortem/post decomp)

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • River Cruz/KH (claimed GA told her Caylee's death was "an accident that snowballed out of control")

Votes: 69 37.7%
  • Maria Kish (no smell in car, backseat passanger, testimony JB pronounced as 'bombshell')

• Tony Lazaro (no smell when trunk opened, Casey good Mom-stopped Caylee from running to Apt pool)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Dr. Sally Karioth (behavior during the 31 days not that unusual, could be consistent with grieving)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Roy Kronk (manipulated skull, shook the bag 3x, comment to son 11/08 about remains?)

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • R. Eicklenboom, touch DNA (duct tape marker not Casey/Caylee,not permitted to test other evidence)

• other (explain)

Votes: 54 29.5%

• Total voters
After hearing him all day, I now think their lucky charm was Jeff Ashton. He is remarkably boring (repeated himself all day). Remarkably egotistic (he never once took any blame especially for his demeanor that turned off the jury). and, remarkably uncreative. stuck in his old ways of 30 years, unable to be creative and push the envelope.

JA is the reason this trial was lost.

After hearing him all day, I now think their lucky charm was Jeff Ashton. He is remarkably boring (repeated himself all day). Remarkably egotistic (he never once took any blame especially for his demeanor that turned off the jury). and, remarkably uncreative. stuck in his old ways of 30 years, unable to be creative and push the envelope.

He is an excellent attorney but his smirking and laughing while the defense was putting on its case was disrespectful to both Judge Perry and the jury. And it was plain rude. I honestly couldn't believe that he wouldn't stop doing it, even when Judge Perry yanked both him and Jose Baez into chambers.

Back on topic.....the most effective defense witness was the chief attorney, Jose Baez, who was brilliantly effective in his closing argument. He exposed every hole in the state's evidence and convinced the jury that there was really no evidence against Casey Anthony (except the lying to LE). He was amazing.

According to the alternate juror, they believed George was hiding something. How they decided that made KC innocent is beyond me.

Plus, how was George supposed to act? Jose made some pretty horrendous allegations against him without any evidence. They were pretty much ruining a ruined man yet Jose claims to have saved a life. Yeah at everyone's expense!

I do not think that Jose cared whose life was ruined. He just wanted to win at all costs. He knew this trial would be his claim to fame. He knew winning this trial was everything for his future. I really don't think that Jose cares about Casey, Caylee or the Anthonys. Jose was looking out for Jose. This is my own opinion only.

George. He did a great job of hesitating, arguing with Baez and overall appearing guilty.
Exactly! George had testified hundreds of times in trials while he was a detective. He knows how to testify believable and hinky. He chose hinky.

Are you asking who was the best defense witness according to the b**** d*** jurors? Or are you asking whom do I think was the best defense witness?

1) Obviously the only person the jurors truly listened to was Jose Baez. He won them over with his outrageous opening statement/theatrical performance. Anything the prosecution witnesses said was moot.

2) After that, George. They didn't trust him.

3) LE deputies who said they didn't smell any odor from the car. The jurors tossed out all the testimonies of many witnesses saying there was odor, to believe a few who said there wasn't. Never mind that those cops weren't concentrating on the car, possibly passed by it quickly, were far enough away not to detect any odor, or they had summer head colds and couldn't smell anything.

4) Of course there were all the young, clueless friends who said Casey was a great mother, an "amazing" mother. Friends who only saw her with Caylee for moments in time, not day in and day out because Caylee was usually with InvisiNanny.

5) The jurors ignored testimonies of 70+ witnesses and focused only on that of 10 or 12. Casey was truly judged by a jury of her peers. They couldn't wait to get back to their vacations and all the $$$$$ they dreamed of collecting from interviews.

If our justice system is the best in the world, the others must be horrible, horrible!

Since the alternate that has spoken indicated they ignored any of the 31 days due to family dysfunction.

Didn't believe the body was in the trunk - so forensics didn't count.

Said that GA seemed shifty (whoops thats family).

They appear to have ignored the SA from the moment of JB's OS, must go see what the state may have said in OS that turned them off.

snipped
bbm

Yeah, this blew my mind, they didn't believe a dead body was in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car??? Really??? - So Dr Timmy Huntington (who didn't even make the poll list :) ) must have been a real slam witness for the defense.

The juror said that there was no way it looked like something had decomposed in Anthony's trunk.

I voted other because I believe that JB was the most influential witness (even though I know he isn't a witness) because it appears the jury bought his opening statement hook, line and sinker and appeared to view the whole case through that lens and discarded any evidence that did not fit that scenario.

State's evidence, or the lack of it, was the best "witness" for the defense.

I voted other because I was shocked when the prosecution rested. I would not have taken the case to a civil jury where the burden is much lower. I'm not saying it could not be won as a civl case. I am saying that I personally would have answered some of my "unanswered" questions before taking that case to a civil trial. So before the defense even started presenting their case, I had way too many questions and very few answers to justify the charges presented.

One of my questions turned out Jeff Ashton used in his closing that was NEVER answered. I did not "realize" it was part of why the state believed Caylee was murdered.

JB was questioning Cindy on cross. He asked her questions about Caylee NEVER mentioning there was no Zany. Cindy testified that when she saw Caylee, Cindy NEVER asked about her day because they were so excited to be together, they talked about what they were going to do that night.

IMO, I thought it was strange that Caylee had NEVER got Casey busted in a lie. Not one person testified to Caylee blowing the Zany story or blowing any of her lies. It was at the point I thought both George and Cindy were lying. But I kept asking myself why the State never asked that question of anyone else.

I voted other because I think Cindy's testimony lying about the computer searches was pretty effective. Even though the state showed that she was lying. I heard that the jury really didn't pay any attention to opening or closing arguments as they felt they felt there was no concrete evidence in them:rolleyes: That being said, I easily imagine that this small piece of testimony by Cindy's employers at the end of the arguments could have very well fallen on deaf jury ears.

Makes you wonder was he with the defense all along..
Of course he was! I keep remembering when JB (in a pre-trial hearing) asked GA if he would do ANYTHING to get his daughter out of jail...even refusing to appear at the trial...and GA said yes. Too bad the jury did not get to hear that exchange.

Agreed. His attitude was off-putting. He came off as a spoiled child who only wanted to play his way. JB knew how to play to the jury. JA certainly did not.

My vote goes to Mr. Roy Kronk:twocents:

I believe the jury bought into the defense's opening and had an agenda as well as not understanding nor taking the time to understand the law and evidence as it pertains to this case.

They claim they needed bombshell type CSI evidence but seemingly had much comprehension isssues with the incriminating evidence provided:banghead::banghead:

George Anthony - he allowed the jury to belive it could have been him. That, IMO< was done according to plan. George did a great job.

I voted other. The other is they didn't listen to any of the evidence. They just looked at poor little Miss Casey and felt sorry. The big bad state of Florida was going after this pretty little girl who cried at appropriate moments and said not guilty. I am so depressed over this verdict. Even dreamed last night about ICA talking to the press upon her release and beside her stood CA in a new mink coat. Looking at ICA adoringly. No kidding I really did dream that. Good grief

I'm having a hard time digesting the jurors reasoning. It's like they are giving double standards out when it comes to the lying part.

They are giving Casey a pass for all her lying (during the cover up of Caylee not being with her for 31 days) saying the family is dysfunctional.

They are saying George is somehow involved because they believe he is lying.

Evidence points to Casey's involvement. No evidence points to George (as far as I can see).

The whole thing just makes no sense to me with what the jurors are saying.

IMO

I always thought RK would be the best witness for the defense and I still think she was. Who knows what all the jurors thought though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back