Who was the most effective defense witness?

who was the most effect non-Anthony defense witness?

• Dr. Michael Rickenbach, FBI Chemist (insignificant levels of chloroform)

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Dr. Michael Sigman, UCF Chemistry professor (said tests consistent with gasoline in trunk)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Dr. Kenneth Furton, FIU Chemistry professor (no definitive scientific manner to determine decomp)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Dr. Warner Spitz, ME (no evidence of homicide, duct tape likely placed post-mortem/post decomp)

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • River Cruz/KH (claimed GA told her Caylee's death was "an accident that snowballed out of control")

Votes: 69 37.7%
  • Maria Kish (no smell in car, backseat passanger, testimony JB pronounced as 'bombshell')

• Tony Lazaro (no smell when trunk opened, Casey good Mom-stopped Caylee from running to Apt pool)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Dr. Sally Karioth (behavior during the 31 days not that unusual, could be consistent with grieving)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Roy Kronk (manipulated skull, shook the bag 3x, comment to son 11/08 about remains?)

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • R. Eicklenboom, touch DNA (duct tape marker not Casey/Caylee,not permitted to test other evidence)

• other (explain)

Votes: 54 29.5%

• Total voters
I voted River Cruz because the alternate juror basically QUOTED her on national TV when explaining the verdict.

that alternate juror spoke for the whole bunch...not a logical person in the group. He couldn't even answer the question of how Caylee got from Ga to disposal..all he knows is that JB wouldn't lie to them. They used ALL of JB lies/lines when explaining himself which is exaclty what the others did. This jury was talking all along.

I voted 'Other' since after JB's sensational OS ... the A's were the most effective.

1. Mallory is my top pick about the 'Amazing' Mother/daughter and she testified for the SA!!!!

2. LA is my second pick because he was acting for JB and while he fell short he impeached his parents and showed his dsyfunction,

3. GA is my second pick since he was the nominated 'bad guy' and kerfunkled himself over silly silly lies also added the only inference of an accident,

4. Finally, CA is her starring role as the master manipulator who taught ICA all she knows and acted as a double-agent earning credibility by testifying for the SA but then translating that into lies and photos (Caylee pool, patio door) for the DT.

The complete package of CA, GA, LA and, Mallory spun the Jury towards accident and cover-up more than any forensics or experts they ignored.

Jose Baez. I don't think they listened to anything that came after his OS.

I say River Cruz. Just because her feelings were hurt she had to make a major impact on the trial. She is not one of my favorite people that's for sure. I have other words for her, but cannot type them here. Who cares if they had an affair? She just made GA look more like a liar than he already did.

I think another reason is that the SA didn't call Kronk to the stand. I was worried that the jury would think they were hiding something and maybe they did.

Who would have thought!! Must be ICA's pretty face. gag - barf - choke

I voted River Cruz. I think JB did a good job showing that if GA would lie about her and what he said to her, then he would lie about other things... because it seems the jury bent over backwards in giving the defense the benefit of the doubt. I can't say I blame the jury for this. Actually, in a murder case, that seems like a good idea. What I don't appreciate is when certain things started pointed to CA's guilt, the alternate blamed family dysfunction...instead of walking the path of logic. a little too much benefit of the doubt, IMO.

Also, what I've heard about JB's connection with the jury, seemed to help. From what I've been hearing, this was truly a jury of CA's peers, and JB knew exactly how to present himself and CA to them. This wasn't a group of 12 snobs or high society intellectuals. They probably weren't the types to be in awe of LE, and if they were a little jaded or mistrustful towards cops, then a major hurdle was erased, before the trial even started.

I voted other because not one single Defense witness gave me any reason to believe that CA was innocent. The jury didn't even take the time to go over the evidence - and there was A LOT. CA ruined a lot of people's lives in trying to save her own. I don't think she's going to have the kind of life she's expecting. She may have lots of money from book & movie deals but somehow I don't think she will ever be happy. Her dad has both literally & figuratively wiped his hands of her. Most of the American public will shun her. And she will live in fear for her life as long as she lives.

Inadvertently or not George was the best defense witness since apparently the jurors think he was hiding something according to the alternate.

Oops, I voted the thread question and said "other"-- Cindy the perjurer, for certain. :banghead:

I think the pool and sliding glass door pics were "evidence" for that jury.

I swear I don't think that pic was of Caylee. It just wasn't her I know it!! who takes a pic like that anyway? it was a plant!! Love how the DT lied to get her off. Yes, they should be really proud! You can do anything with Photoshop

IMO, none of the defense witnesses were any good.
I laughed at most of them.
Look what smoke & mirrors can do.
Even Baez was a joke.
The state did a great jo at beating the defense down.......
somthing is very fishy IMOO with the jury............

I'm going with Mallory. I know she was a Prosecution witness, but when she testified and said Casey was an amazing mother so believably and with passionate tears in her eyes, I knew at that moment that this trial wasn't going to go as smoothly as we all thought it would.

None of the above. The defense should have saved their money. I don't feel any of these witnesses were effective in introducing reasonable doubt. They could have just put the Anthonys up there on a rotating basis. They provided a spectacle from which no one could tear their eyes. Add that to a poorly charged case and ICA walks. Despite the outcome, I still maintain that JB's performance in this trial was laughable.

You know what I find really ironic? George was the only one of the Anthonys (IMO) that actually wanted to see Casey pay for what happened to Caylee, but ultimately his testimony is what ended up leading to the not guilty verdict. I feel bad for him. I don't understand why the jury didn't see that George acted that way with Baez b/c of what Baez (and Casey) had accused him of in opening statements. I don't blame George for acting the way he did on the stand. And I also don't understand how the jury could see how that man broke down on the stand and think that he had anything to do with Caylee's death or a cover up. I honestly just don't get it. And it makes me wonder how much critical thinking (or just plain thinking) the jurors used in coming to their opinions and ultimate decision. MOO.

Makes you wonder was he with the defense all along..

George. He did a great job of hesitating, arguing with Baez and overall appearing guilty.

I voted River Cruz, but I do agree with this. George's affect on the stand was troublesome. He should have been better coached as to simply providing short answers. Instead he sparred with the attorneys, especially Baez and while it was understandable, it made him appear to be misleading.

Honestly though, I don't believe any witness impacted this jury at all. The only thing they deduced from the dead pets was that Lee said duct tape was used. DUH? They were not particularly attentive and from what I've heard so far, they were collectively unable to grasp the science in any of evidence. It sounds like a jury from the 1800s.

other

I don't think "fancy lawyering" or a good defense got her off. The DT had nothing to do with it, imo.
It was a hard case to prove.. Circumstantial evidence doesn't do it for everyone.

I didn't vote in the poll, but I'll say Casey Anthony. Everyone wanted her to take the stand and now that we know what we know, I think she would of incriminated herself even more so (to the point that some on the jury probably would go the other way).

I kept thinking, too, that if Casey had been put on the stand much of the defense's claims would have fallen through. As it was, I really think the jury felt sorry for Casey. I don't think it hurt one bit that she was dabbing at her eyes. I think Casey's youth played in her favor, too - which contributed to the sympathies of the jury.

Ultimately, I believe it was testimony for the defense refuting the findings about the decomposition of a body in the trunk of Casey's car that gave the jury an excuse to acquit Casey.

If Casey had been a man (other than a celebrated football player) on trial for murdering his wife under very similar circumstances (claiming she had been with a friend/various friends for 30+ days, then was kidnapped, and finally that she accidentally drowned), there's no doubt in my mind she would've been found guilty based on the same evidence. There are men who have been convicted of murdering their wives on much scantier evidence.

:maddening:

I really hope RC did have an affair with George because her testimony is what made him seem like such a liar. If he did have the affair he should have said yes I did, I was a wreck and she offered me comfort, just made him look bad that she said one thing he was saying another, a pattern in this family it seems.

Seems like a lot of people selected RC as the most effective witness. Although her testimony may very well have influenced the jurors, personally I don't find it credible. I don't believe that she did have an affair with GA nor that he "confessed" to her about an accident that "snowballed." Such claims by a witness, accusing the defendant or another key witness of involvement in an affair and/or making a confession, are not isolated to this case. "Witnesses" who make these claims are simply wanting to make a name for themselves while basking in their ability to destroy someone else's life.

Admittedly, I also find it difficult to give any credence to someone named River Cruz (River Cruise?).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back