Who's Who in Cold Cases

Hello. I'm Callie. I reside in coastal Mississippi with my husband and two munchkins. I am a writer, avid reader and true crime buff. I mostly research missing person cases, especially those tied to the Smiley Face Murders theory. But I also found myself drawn to the "not so well known" cold cases.

I'm very new here so can anyone suggest where/how to get past police reports (from Yonkers, NY)?

Hello All,

My name is Al and I live in Alabama. I am married, four adult age children between us. I have 3 grandchildren and 8 dogs. I am a medic in the Army reserves and work full time in mental health. I am also a writer (no, I do not write true crime).

Originally I lived in Michigan specifically Oakland County, and it was during 1976-77 that my initial interests in true crime began to pique. (For you fellow true crime buffs, this likely wouldn't require too much explanation--but the Oakland County Child Killer was active during that time period. It was all over the news and I was pretty much in the prime target age and general area for me not to notice.) Even as a kid, I was fairly analytical, and those events were so out of my skew for any frame of reference that I had before that time, that I wanted to know more, understand it as well as I was able I guess.

I have read quite a bit of true crime, criminal psychology manuals, and pretty much anything and everything that I have gotten my hands on since. I am not really much closer to understanding it, but I definitely know more about it than I did back then.

Nice to meet you all.

Al/Uley

Did you receive any suggestions? I am in much the same situation, researching my first cold case. There was very little information available online and only a handful of articles in the local papers. I'm hoping to speak with family and possibly retired police officers, at this point.

Jan can you give us some information about your sister, like where she was murdered, her name, any details you have?

Hey all!
Our names are Jennifer and Amy. We are two Paralegals from Florida that are trying to create our very first podcast. We are both really passionate about true crime and justice.

We found a cold case from Osceola County, Florida that we have been investigating. It is the murder of Ruth Haut in February of 1992. We've been doing some research and have realized this is getting much bigger than we could've anticipated. There may be other murders committed by the same person. We're trying to learn the ropes here at Websleuths as we've seen how helpful it has been for other cases. Any suggestions on where to post to get the most benefit would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Hey all!
Our names are Jennifer and Amy. We are two Paralegals from Florida that are trying to create our very first podcast. We are both really passionate about true crime and justice.

We found a cold case from Osceola County, Florida that we have been investigating. It is the murder of Ruth Haut in February of 1992. We've been doing some research and have realized this is getting much bigger than we could've anticipated. There may be other murders committed by the same person. We're trying to learn the ropes here at Websleuths as we've seen how helpful it has been for other cases. Any suggestions on where to post to get the most benefit would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Longtime Websleuths guy here & Podcast host myself of 3 pods- Criminology, The Murder in my family, and Crimesphere. If you need any tips or advice, please let me know

Hey all!

Welcome to Ws!
Coincidentally, started a thread for Dr. Haut a few months ago..
FL - Dr. Ruth Haut, 41, 26 February, 1992, Osceola County, Fla

Longtime Websleuths guy here & Podcast host myself of 3 pods- Criminology, The Murder in my family, and Crimesphere. If you need any tips or advice, please let me know

Thank you so much and we will absolutely take you up on that offer!!

Hi everyone, My name is Em but screenname 'Trying' on here works fine for me. I have a family and work full time in the technology sector, but I am deeply fascinated by true crime. I have a hard time understanding the motivations behind vicious criminals. Not having closure and not seeing any progress from law enforcement really bothers me, so that is why I am here. Maybe I can help make a difference.

Hi everyone! I’m Rita - I’m a wife and mom and a Data Analyst by profession. I’ve long been fascinated by true crime, have excellent analysis and research skills, and I’ve finally decided to bring those two parts of my life together. Looking forward to seeing you all around!

For those of you follow the Colonial Parkway Murders, check out "Mind Over Murder," a new true crime podcast from Colonial Parkway Murders victim advocates Bill Thomas and Kristin Dilley.

We have had more than 10,000 downloads of our new “Mind Over Murder” true crime podcast in our first 3 weeks.

Here are a few links.

Apple Podcasts: podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mind-over-murder/id1494058129

Google Podcasts: www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8xMWJlMGI0OC9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw==

Spotify: open.spotify.com/show/2jl4P567AGYJkg8XHkuw32

Stitcher: www.stitcher.com/podcast/mind-over-murder

Hope you will check it out.

Thank you for your support.

Bill Thomas and Kristin Dilley, Hosts, “Mind Over Murder” podcast

Hi, I came to webslueths by looking up a local murder victim online. A link led me to WS and I stayed. I am divorced with 2 kids. I am off on a disability, so I spend a lot of time here. I have always loved reading, and when I turned to true crime, well WS just fit right in. So I guess you could say that crime led me here, the people kept me here. I live alone, and so WS fits my reading hobby, my curiosity, and some of my socialization needs. I admire the way so many of you can take a victim and come up with so much information on them. I think of the people here, not so much as sleuths but as searchers. Searching for truth and justice for the victims. Keeping their names alive until justice can be found.
Wow!
Change the names to protect the innocent and the not so much.
This could be my story.

Hi all! My name is Hannah. I'm a PhD student studying sociology. I've always had an interest in mysteries and solving crimes, but it wasn't until I read Michelle McNamara's book, I'll be Gone in the Dark that I thought I would get more involved with cold cases. I love puzzles and justice—the perfect combo of interests for a cold case reader. :)

Hi all! My name is Hannah. I'm a PhD student studying sociology. I've always had an interest in mysteries and solving crimes, but it wasn't until I read Michelle McNamara's book, I'll be Gone in the Dark that I thought I would get more involved with cold cases. I love puzzles and justice—the perfect combo of interests for a cold case reader. :)
Welcome to Ws drhan 1005!
You may be interested in this thread..
Michelle McNamara's Last Book I'll Be Gone in the Dark/ Golden State Serial Killer

Hey all, just figured I would add my intro on here. I'm currently very invested in a very cold case from Loudoun County, Virginia.

Veronica (Roni) Hepworth was murdered on February 25th, 1982. I have been doing a lot of research on it, and am compiling it into something usable before I make another comment on the thread. The police haven't released ANYTHING regarding her case since 2016, and what they did release was...... grossly inadequate at best. There is much more to the case that I have found and it would be wonderful to bring a renewed sense of urgency. It has been over 38 and 1/2 years since she was killed, and I believe there is still hope for at least some closure here.

Anyway, nice to meet you guys.

Hey all, just figured I would add my intro on here. I'm currently very invested in a very cold case from Loudoun County, Virginia.

Veronica (Roni) Hepworth was murdered on February 25th, 1982. I have been doing a lot of research on it, and am compiling it into something usable before I make another comment on the thread. The police haven't released ANYTHING regarding her case since 2016, and what they did release was...... grossly inadequate at best. There is much more to the case that I have found and it would be wonderful to bring a renewed sense of urgency. It has been over 38 and 1/2 years since she was killed, and I believe there is still hope for at least some closure here.

Anyway, nice to meet you guys.
Welcome to Ws. Rhibread!
Ws thread ...(consider those dots breadcrumbs)
VA - VA - Veronica Hepworth, 20, Fairfax County, 25 Feb 1982

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back