Why didn't Casey flee? **REVISIT OLD THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
With access to 2 cars for over a week each and $1400 from AH's bank account, why didn't Casey flee? It seems to me she had two really good opportunities with AH and AL out of town. She could have taken one of their vehicles without their knowledge and driven out of Florida, paying cash for gas along the way, then before the week was up and the car reported stolen, she could have dumped the car in a lake, walked to a bus station and paid cash and taken a bus to oblivion, but Casey didn't leave. Even when Cindy came and got her at AL's she still had $200 in her purse which is more than enough for a one way plane ticket to CA. (Although, I don't think she would have fled via plane as it would be too easy to trace her unless she had a false ID.) So why didn't she flee? What was holding her in Orlando?

Most people that murder a family member do NOT flee - I'm sure this post will be ignored because no one here will even listen to anyone new BUT look at any high profile murder cases, or family murder cases - the people who murdered thought they were getting rid of a problem to their life - not a problem so they could leave but they got rid of a problem to make their life better where they are

Peterson - both of them didn't leave town, Scott was near family, Drew is staying right where he's at - OJ easily could have moved to Europe, anywhere but he stayed there - Entwistle, left right after the murders but where did he go? to family

so Casey had no reason to run anywhere, she had it great where she was, only problem is that she is now getting caught and that she didn't think would happen, she's been lying to everyone for so long, she thought that everyone would believe her about this (and her family, by public sense do believe Casey)

I think if she had the "one more day" knowing the jig was up, she would have gone to California. She was setting it all up for herself and arriving prematurely would have not been a problem for Casey. With her ability to manipulate men in person, he would have accepted her with open arms inside of a couple of days, imo.

I originally thought that she didn't flee because of TL, he was so important to her, she did away with her child 2 1/2 weeks after meeting him.

At first, I think her only reason for contacting JH was belated child support $$. but she may have planned to camp out with him until she bilked him out of some cash...but no Caylee, she may have had an elaborate fantasy of telling him how *sick* Caylee was and she need $$ for her medical support. (far-fetched, I know).

Casey loves herself best and wanted a lavish lifestyle, but her schemes were not feasible.

I think the reason she didn't flee was because she didn't have any close friends outside of the Orlando area and was totally unprepared to take care of herself financially and emotionally. She had never lived on her own and her Mother probably had her convinced that she couldn't make it by herself. She and Cindy seemed to have a love/hate relationship. Cindy was fed up with Casey but did not want to lose Caylee so she put up with the lies and thievery as long as she could tolerate it to have access to the baby.

Not to mention the fact that Casey was a very experienced liar and probably convinced herself that everyone would continue believing everything she said.

I think KC didn't flee because she felt she was smarter than everyone around her. Lets face it, KC has been manipulating people around her for years. I think KC actually started to believe some of her own lies.

She lives in a false reality. I don't think she completely believed her own lies, but I do believe she was able to convince herself that the situation with Caylee wasn't a big deal.

IMO, she loves attention! Thinks she is smarter than anyone else and can get out of it like she has all her life. Her make believe world...it never happened. IMO

Dont know what she did with her body but maybe it was in the trunk. I think she removed it, planned for the car to be stolen, her story being she was jacked, some huge drama about how she was able to get free but couldnt get Caylee out of the car seat, boo hoo dont know my baby is now. Well that plan fell apart when the car was not stolen as I thinked was planned.

I agree. I haven't heard it mentioned, but I do wonder if she picked Amscot because a lot of people go there that need money (payday advances). I've never used Amscot, but at my old job the people that did that were also spending the money on some heavy duty drugs, hence "i'll surely pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" thinking. Obviously not all Amscott users do it to buy drugs (no offense to anyone that goes there), but in a nice neighborhood Amscot and the pawn shops would be my first thought on where to leave a car and a purse to get stolen by someone in need of quick cash.

I once knew a guy whose gf had attacked his car with a crowbar. He then wanted to have it stolen so he could do some insurance fraud i guess and collect. He took it to a HORRIBLE neighborhood in NYC with the trunk opening and the keys dangling from it, and left.
The next day he returns, to check it's gone, but it's still there, trunk closed, key under the mat, with a note on the seat "You left your keys in the trunk".

Good Samaritans come along and mess up these evil plans..

Has Miss Casey ever been out of the state of Florida since she moved there from Ohio at the age of 3?

She seems to me to live in a very small world.

KC has shown some strong attachment to her parents. I remember in her 911 call, she was acting right away to protect her parents (but obviously didn't do that for her daughter).

Even though she has a child, it would have been SOOOOOO easy for her to have found a guy to shack up with, long before age 22. Gah, I know probably 10 women that have done that, and they aren't anywhere as conniving as KC. It is not hard for a good looking woman to fast forward a relationship with some guy and move in, with or without Caylee, and have the guy pay most of the bills.. (It's not hard to do and not criminal, either, just manipulative..) If she was staying home with Caylee but living with some guy, I think CA would still have been willing to babysit at any time she could, to spend time with Caylee.

I don't know if her personality disorder allows for loyalty, but for some reason she is attached to her parents. I think she thought she could wait it out and some miracle would come along that would give her the lifestyle she wanted..

She didn't flee, because she is a Sociopath and therefore believes her own stories and thinks everyone will believe her like they always have, and that she would get away with it.
And actually, (and sadly), it's happening as she planned, she's surrounded by enablers and believers who are letting her get away with murder.

She didn't flee, because she is a Sociopath and therefore believes her own stories and thinks everyone will believe her like they always have, and that she would get away with it.
And actually, (and sadly), it's happening as she planned, she's surrounded by enablers and believers who are letting her get away with murder.
That's only because she's temporarily still among her enablers.

The state hasn't tried her yet.

I agree she is a Sociopath but disagree that she believes her own stories. For example she tells the cops where she works, they take her to Universal and walk her to the door and before she goes in she turns around and says oops, I don't really work here. If she believed she worked there she would have walked right in and been confused when in wasn't really her office. She knows the truth but according to her lawyer she doesn't think it will benefit her to tell it!

I, sadly, believe Caylee is in a better place! Can you imagine how messed up Caylee would be after being raised by Casey? Unless Casey would've changed her ways in the "very near future" then her daughter would have been taught that you... change men like you change shoes, you lie and steal and manipulate to get what you want, education not so important, the way get what you want from your parents..lie, yell, intimidate and totally disrespect them, friends just use them until they won't let you anymore and then move to the next set and repeat as necessary etc...

As always JMHO and again this case leaves me empty, sad and angry!

I have often wondered if she was planning on killing George & Cindy too; therefore, no reason to flee.

She seemed to be telling a lot of people that they were divorcing and IMHO was going to make it look like a murder-suicide. That's why I would love to know if KC was beneficiary for insurance. Or if Caylee was beneficiary.:waitasec:

Could this be the reason for her not fleeing. It could explain her begging Cindy for "one more day".

I don't know what she was planning, but with Cindy showing up at Tony's on the 15th if she did have anything planned it didn't work. Even if she did plan on doing her parents in she would have gotten caught. With all of the phone records and the fact that she had not been around, she would have been looked at just like now.

I do not think she was planning on fleeing.
She was MISS HOME MAKER not leaving.

Long time lurker - 1st time poster - Relative to the theory that KC may have been planning to leave, but her plan had not come together yet, does anyone recall somewhere in CA's interviews she mentioned that they dumped KC's purse out on the floor at her home and she asked the lady LE if they were interested in any of the contents. I can't find confirmation, but I think she said that the lady LE took an ID that was behind KC's. If so, whose was it? I remember Cindy seeming indignant that they didn't appear interested. Sorry if this is something that has been covered somewhere else or if my memory is faulty.

On July 15th Cindy finally caught up with Casey and they were on their way to the police station, where Cindy intended on having Casey arrested for car theft and credit card fraud. The police station Cindy went to was closed, and while they were in the car, Cindy made a cell phone call to the police asking where she could take Casey and have her arrested. While Cindy was waiting for the operator to check something and get back on the line, you can hear Casey asking her mother to "just give me one more day."

I think if Cindy had given Casey that one more day, Casey would have found a way to disappear.

Yes, that's what I thought was about to happen.

However, that's when LE got involved.

Plus her main goal IMO was to get Caylee out of the way so she could focus on HERSELF (as if she wasn't doing that already!!) and play the live in girlfriend of TL. I don't think she thought about fleeing at all. Instead, she thought she could live a free and unsaddled life right under the thumb of her parents at TL's. KC has probably convinced herself in her head that she had NOTHING to do with Caylee's disappearance.

Or, she may be blaming whatever happened on THEM. "If they had been available to take the baby, that night......."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner