Why Have George and Cindy Requested a Video Visitation With Casey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I don't know about this... so close to the trial and both of them to be witnesses.

make you go hmmm! Wonder if they want to wish her well in person.

In any other case, I would feel sorry for the parents of the Defendant and understand that that would want to speak to their daughter before the trial starts, but.... in this case, if it smells like a rat....

Maybe this is a desperate defense ploy, and they are waiting to see what the reaction would be.

According to Hal Boedeker of Orlando Sentinel: (snipped) Cheney claims he doesn’t care but still reads the blogs and gets all bent out of shape. Appears Cheney is quite intimidated by bloggers.

just thinking out loud here.......
Atty for Media appeals CJP's order....
CJP states that DT will then file a motion for delay....
A Gag order will be put in place, no evidence released....
now a request for video visit.....hmmmmmmm
perhaps this is why they requested it, hoping the chips will fall this way??

In any other case, I would feel sorry for the parents of the Defendant and understand that that would want to speak to their daughter before the trial starts, but.... in this case, if it smells like a rat....

Maybe this is a desperate defense ploy, and they are waiting to see what the reaction would be.

According to Hal Boedeker of Orlando Sentinel: (snipped) Cheney claims he doesn’t care but still reads the blogs and gets all bent out of shape. Appears Cheney is quite intimidated by bloggers.

Well I hope he sees my avatar with that ridiculous brolly and remembers he is no southern gentleman.

Maybe George and Cindy are at the end of their rope and don't care what Baez thinks about visitations anymore.

Why would KC think she could trust her mother? Or was that what CA's change in her statement at the hearing on the dryer sheets all about? jmo

George and Cindy just can't show up at the jail to visit with Casey. Visitors are assigned a day and time for the visit. They also have to be on the visitors list, of which, we don't know if the Anthony's are even on the list anymore.

IMO, Casey will reject their request based on the advise of her attorney.

It would have been interesting to see a poll on whether or not the visit will happen.

I vote a big NO!

KC doesn't want her parents, once again, stealing her thunder. I see KC as thinking that this is HER show. Just like the last visit where she said everyone only cared about finding Caylee and no one really cared about HER locked up! Just like when her mother copyrighted Caylee's name, got paid for interviews, sold items...The list goes on.

I'm pretty sure she is not going to give them this spotlight.
I vote yes, A vist will come, they need it for evidence so Casey can tell another half truth.

At best it is a scripted plan to reveal facts favorable to Casey's defense strategy; at its least it is a public relations ploy to make Casey appear more sympathetic. :cow:

Sounds like a plan from DT to enter her new improved story into the record without having her testify, especially since the docs were not allowed to tell her story for her.

CA and GA are working with JB as much as possible. You can see it from their interactions with JB and their testimony in court. If they are working with the defense and their lawyer is working for them, his statement that he would fight the release of the tape would be just more spin. Sounds good in a sound bite, but doesn't mean a thing. He can say it because he knows that the media would fight for this one to be released.

Are tactics like this normal? Do defense teams always look for underhanded ways to do things or is it just this DT?

It would have been interesting to see a poll on whether or not the visit will happen.

I vote a big NO!

KC doesn't want her parents, once again, stealing her thunder. I see KC as thinking that this is HER show. Just like the last visit where she said everyone only cared about finding Caylee and no one really cared about HER locked up! Just like when her mother copyrighted Caylee's name, got paid for interviews, sold items...The list goes on.

I'm pretty sure she is not going to give them this spotlight.

It makes me laugh (not in a good way) about the constant *****ing and moaning by ICA about her clothes and yet she never acknowledges them. And they seriously think she's going to see them now? Not in this lifetime.

Pls bear with me but I think JB and CM are going to outsmart all of us and eventually the "princess" is going to walk, one of my greatest fears.............................they aren't as dumb as we thought they were.....I need a drink, NOW!!! My nerves are shot!!! :(

But aren't the bloggers helping him in some way? If bloggers are thinking one way wouldn't a juror be inclined to be headed in the same direction. Not all bloggers are mean spirited and we all dislike that type of blogging but some very valid questions come up in the threads and it should give him a sense of how they are doing. They hire jury consultants don't they? Bloggers provide them with all the information they need and it is up to them to sift out the bad from the good information. jmo

Pls bear with me but I think JB and CM are going to outsmart all of us and eventually the "princess" is going to walk, one of my greatest fears.............................they aren't as dumb as we thought they were.....I need a drink, NOW!!! My nerves are shot!!! :(

Stay calm....take deep breaths....everything will be okay.

Seriously, I have never thought that CM was an idiot (even though he thinks we are). The man didn't do this for alll those years without being good at what he does. JB is a question mark in my mind. The jury is still out on whether he is good or not.

Being defense attorneys, it does not shock me at all that they might try to get evidence into trial through the backdoor. Some times I think that to be a defense attorney you have to be able to think like the criminals that you represent (no offense to any defense attorneys here).

The SA have their game together. They have been doing this for a long time and they know what they are doing. Have faith in them. They will not let us or Caylee down.

Oh, I don't think she will walk. She may not get the sentence you want but she will do some time. KC was the only person responsible for her child as no Dad is in the picture. Because of that very reason her child is dead and she has refused to provide answers other than lies. She will not get off scott free. CM and JB just want to save her from the DP and I think that would satisfy them in the end. jmo

Oh, I don't think she will walk. She may not get the sentence you want but she will do some time. KC was the only person responsible for her child as no Dad is in the picture. Because of that very reason her child is dead and she has refused to provide answers other than lies. She will not get off scott free. CM and JB just want to save her from the DP and I think that would satisfy them in the end. jmo

I would be very happy with LWOP!!! :)

George and Cindy just can't show up at the jail to visit with Casey. Visitors are assigned a day and time for the visit. They also have to be on the visitors list, of which, we don't know if the Anthony's are even on the list anymore.

IMO, Casey will reject their request based on the advise of her attorney.

Right! But, there is no need to tell the media that they are trying to schedule a visit. Which is what I was thinking.

I also think they simply want to tell their beautiful boss daughter that they still forgive her and love her. :rolleyes:

Why does there even need to be a special request anyway? Can't they just go to the jail and plain ole visit her?

No, that wouldn't do at all because there would be noise and distortion from the jail and we wouldn't be able to clearly hear exactly what the actors lines were. You know it has to be crystal clear, right? :doh:

I have to (very respectfully) disagree. I believe ICA will walk straight into prison gates. The DT is cunning and underhanded, not smart. The SA's office does not have to resort to tricks and sideshows. The SA's have evidence, factual information and witness accounts and will innundate the DT with an overwhelming prosecution of ICA in the search for Justice for Caylee.
But I will share a drink with ya!:coffeecup::coffeecup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member