AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

I come to this Elijah thread on Websleuths almost as a place of solace now. I struggle with the fact he hasn't been found. I can't grasp that his mother seems, to me at least, indifferent to or unmoved by the loss of her boy. I can't understand why Vang hasn't thrown her under the bus, or she him. What are they doing? Why don't they care?

My opinion only...

I understand that a lot of people think one or both of these people harmed, likely killed Elijah, whether intentionally or by accident. I know odds suggest that they did. But could either one of those hard-luck, not terribly bright adults have been  that successful at disposing of a body? Maybe... I guess I'd have to accept the possibility if I think about ways one might get rid of a three-year-old child's small body.

I 've proposed that Elijah may have been grabbed by a predator. Recently upthread others have wondered if he might have been sold. Both possibilities are terrifying and appalling. But no more terrifying and appalling than if these two people did it and care only about saving themselves. Because if that's the case, Elijah may never be found, never be recovered. That's beyond unfair, beyond cruel. I can't stand it. He's not a piece of trash, never was.

Someone knows what happened. They could report the information anonymously to LE, not sure how they’d receive the reward etc., but they could if they truly wanted to. I’m on the fence if only JV and KB were the only ones responsible or if they had help. LE is quiet and haven’t provided an update for weeks. I hope they have solid leads and will be able to find Elijah.

Authorities are searching the East Twin River and the Charles & Winifred Spring West Twin River Preserve.

Searchers expect to be out all day Thursday.
Authorities are searching for 3-year-old Elijah Vue on Thursday.

MAR 28, 2024
About 70 teams of drone operators, primarily from police departments and sheriff's offices from across Wisconsin, helped with the operation, Two Rivers Police Department said in a news release.

Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation also assisted Two Rivers police and fire departments in checking "areas of interest."

A large search operation has been ongoing in the Shoto area for the past week, police said. That search has included help from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, local farmers and local agricultural businesses, police added.

The family of the missing 3-year-old boy originally planned to take Friday off to recharge, but now volunteers say a 9:30 a.m. search is officially on. Volunteers should meet at the Mikadow Theatre, 1118 Washington St., in Manitowoc.

<modsnip - snipped for 10% copyright>

“I have grandchildren, and I finally had some time, and I needed to do this,” said Vicki Farley, a volunteer.

Last edited by a moderator:
MAR 29, 2024
CB and a group of volunteers searched the Rahr Memorial School Forest north of Two Rivers.

This was his first time joining in the effort to find Elijah.

“It’s an extremely dense forested area so it needs to have a really good thorough search going through it,” said CB.

CB said a search wasn’t originally planned for Friday, but after seeing law enforcement ramp up their efforts on Thursday, it lit a fire under a lot of the volunteers.

MAR 30, 2024
Michels is aware that volunteer numbers are dropping as the search continues. But, she knows there is still work to be done.

"Come and search," Michels said. "It's, what, a few hours a day? Or even a few hours a week? If you can just get out and help...Every little bit helps."

She also wants people to know that all it takes to get involved isn't search and rescue experience, but compassion for those who need it.

APR 1, 2024
Tuesday the search will be coordinated out of Deja Vu, 214 N. 8th St., in Manitowoc at 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.

The volunteer search headquarters moves back to Mikadow Theatre in Manitowoc, 1118 Washington St., for the rest of the week.

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday there will only be search meetings at 9:30 a.m. On Saturday, searches will be coordinated at 9:30 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon.

Rain, wind and snow for the next couple of days here in Wisconsin, colder up in Two Rivers.

Elijah's been missing for far too long. I believe he's deceased, which is all the more reason to bring him home. But where is home for Elijah now? I think it's in the hearts and minds of the extended family and the hundreds of volunteers and law enforcement personnel who keep searching for him.

Feels like a war of attrition between the searchers and the jailed. Someone has to give up. When, and how will they know?

JMO.

APR 2, 2024
[...]

Search efforts were scheduled to resume Tuesday, but First Alert Weather forecasts rain in the morning will be followed by heavy snow in the afternoon lasting into Wednesday with wind gusts of 40 to 50 miles per hour.

Volunteer searches will resume Friday at 9:30 a.m. ...

[...]

<modsnip: hearsay>

I’m wondering, if Vang was involved, why did he report the child missing so quickly? It seems like if he and the mother did something, no one would’ve known for quite a while. So I’m theorizing that while Vang was asleep, someone he knows came to the house for some other reason, entered, and opportunistically took Elijah. Just a theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: hearsay>

I’m wondering, if Vang was involved, why did he report the child missing so quickly? It seems like if he and the mother did something, no one would’ve known for quite a while. So I’m theorizing that while Vang was asleep, someone he knows came to the house for some other reason, entered, and opportunistically took Elijah. Just a theory.
This is an interesting idea, glad you posted it. But as far as reporting Elijah missing "so quickly," it maybe wasn't all that quick. If we assume that very little of what Vang told police was true, then we have to go back to the last known actual sighting of Elijah. That was the February 16th surveillance camera footage from Ross Auto Service in Two Rivers that showed Vang at the repair shop with Elijah. That means, depending on what happened, and when, Vang may have had as many as four days to prepare to report Elijah missing.

Re: the timeline. The last time we are told that Vang and Baur discuss Elijah via text appears to be early morning on the 18th.

Sunday, February 18, Vang messages Baur at 4:36 a.m. telling her she needs to trust him in his decisions to “discipline” Elijah, saying, “he did fear me, but he didn’t respect me, now I’m making him respect me.’

Two days later, on February 20, Vang calls 9-1-1 to report Elijah missing at about 11 a.m.”

LE is searching for video for Feb 19, so likely something happened between Feb18-19, disposal occurred on Feb 19, clean up and then Vang prepared to report Elijah missing Feb 20th.

“Authorities are asking homeowners and businesses in Two Rivers and adjacent counties to review their surveillance camera footage captured Feb. 19, between 2 and 9 p.m.”

APR 4, 2024
The boyfriend of Elijah Vue’s mother is expected back in court Thursday.

Jesse Vang is scheduled for a preliminary hearing in Manitowoc County court at 11 a.m., when he can hear the State’s evidence against him. A judge will decide if there’s enough evidence for Vang to face a trial.

APR 4, 2024
The boyfriend of Elijah Vue’s mother is expected back in court Thursday.

Jesse Vang is scheduled for a preliminary hearing in Manitowoc County court at 11 a.m., when he can hear the State’s evidence against him. A judge will decide if there’s enough evidence for Vang to face a trial.
Please let some justice come for Elijah today.

Re: the timeline. The last time we are told that Vang and Baur discuss Elijah via text appears to be early morning on the 18th.

Sunday, February 18, Vang messages Baur at 4:36 a.m. telling her she needs to trust him in his decisions to “discipline” Elijah, saying, “he did fear me, but he didn’t respect me, now I’m making him respect me.’

Two days later, on February 20, Vang calls 9-1-1 to report Elijah missing at about 11 a.m.”

LE is searching for video for Feb 19, so likely something happened between Feb18-19, disposal occurred on Feb 19, clean up and then Vang prepared to report Elijah missing Feb 20th.

“Authorities are asking homeowners and businesses in Two Rivers and adjacent counties to review their surveillance camera footage captured Feb. 19, between 2 and 9 p.m.”

From that same timeline:

[...]
On Saturday, February 17, at about 12:30 a.m., Baur and Vang go to Manitowoc. Vang goes into Saucy’s Bar alone, while Baur goes to Kwik Trip.

According to surveillance photos, police don’t see a child in the vehicle. Police confirmed Baur’s 6-year-old stayed in Wisconsin Dells, but Elijah was supposed to be in their care.
[...]

So did they leave Elijah home alone on the 17th when they went on this outing, or was he already gone at that point?

Combined with his statement the next day that Baur needed to trust him and “he did fear me, but he didn’t respect me, now I’m making him respect me" I am starting to wonder if maybe Vang didn't torture Elijah to death but instead maybe took him somewhere to 'toughen him up,' like leaving him out in the woods as some kind of survival test to 'make him a man' or some nonsense.

Hypothetically, he could have taken Elijah somewhere on the 16th, left him there to tough it out on his own, and then went back to retrieve him later, the 19th or even the morning of the 20th, and either found him deceased or didn't find him at all.

Jesse Vang was charged in 2016 with conspiracy to commit human trafficking, charge later dismissed - I find this fairly alarming and even more concerned about Elijah's whereabouts.

Then, look at one of the links for the egg donor's timeline:

*On Tuesday, February 13, at about 9:30 p.m., Baur messages Vang about meeting up for sex at his apartment in Two Rivers. Hours later, during the early morning hours of Wednesday, February 14—Baur arrives at Vang’s apartment at about 2:35 a.m.
*According to the amended criminal complaint, she left her 6-year-old daughter, who has autism, in the car alone for about an hour, when temperatures were near freezing.
*At 3:13 a.m. investigators say Katrina took a photo of Elijah lying on a bed. He had a “blindfold over his eyes, appears to have bruising on his jawline and neck on the left side, as well as bruising on his upper left arm.” - - She never thought to call the police after seeing the abuse?!
*The photo was deleted at about 4:12 am. Data shows Baur leaving two rivers minutes after that.

*On Thursday, February 15, a photo is shared on Facebook Messenger between Baur and Vang. It shows Elijah wearing what appears to be a full diaper, standing in the corner with his hands in a praying position.

*"On Friday, February 16, Baur told authorities she left Wisconsin Dells at about six or seven that evening. Phone data shows she arrived in Manitowoc at about 11 p.m."

*Minutes later, she called Vang and stopped at Kwik Trip. Around midnight, Baur arrives at Vang’s apartment. She told authorities she, "saw Elijah on the couch, but he was tired." - TIRED OR DEAD?
*On Saturday, February 17, at about 12:30 a.m., Baur and Vang go to Manitowoc. Vang goes into Saucy’s Bar alone, while Baur goes to Kwik Trip.
*According to surveillance photos, police don’t see a child in the vehicle. Police confirmed Baur’s 6-year-old stayed in Wisconsin Dells, but Elijah was supposed to be in their care."
At 1:55 a.m., Baur and Vang go back to his apartment in Two Rivers. At 5:00 a.m., Katrina leaves Two Rivers and goes back to Wisconsin Dells.
About 24 hours later, on Sunday, February 18, Vang messages Baur at 4:36 a.m. telling her she needs to trust him in his decisions to “discipline” Elijah, saying, “he did fear me, but he didn’t respect me, now I’m making him respect me."
Two days later, on February 20, Vang calls 9-1-1 to report Elijah missing at about 11 a.m. Three weeks later, he remains missing." - DID SHE REALLY MAKE IT BACK TO THE DELLS? I think she knows exactly what happened to Elijah.

One month later,3.7 miles from the area between Manitowoc and Two Rivers, Elijah's red and white blanket was found...

From another article:
*A vehicle that is not either Baur's or Vue's was captured on camera - 1997 four-door Nissan Altima - child trafficking?

If there's video footage from 2/16, this could be the last time Elijah was actually seen and Katrina Baur could be lying about seeing him on the couch.*

Those two disgusting adults know exactly what happened.

I decided to look Katrina Baur up on the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access and saw that she has quite the rap sheet starting with underage drinking tickets, working her way up to disorderly conduct with use of a weapon, and finally driving without a license but also driving an unmarked vehicle..???? Could this be the vehicle in question?

Last edited:

Yes, but the last time Baur laid eyes on Elijah, according to the criminal complaint, was sometime between late p.m. on February 16th and early a.m. on February 17th, when she came to Vang's apartment.

If in fact Vang killed Elijah, whether on the 17th, 18th or 19th, whether accidentally or intentionally, I have no problem believing he'd message back and forth with Baur as though Elijah were still alive. He would have every reason to.

In that scenario, though, I'd have to believe Baur wasn't directly, physically involved with whatever was done to/with Elijah. Beyond the criminal idiocy of putting Elijah in that man's care, of course, and being an accessory after the fact if she "knows" Vang did something to Elijah.

All JMO, glad Vang will stand trial, but where on earth is Elijah?

Jesse Vang ordered to stand trial in Elijah Vue case

Yes, but the last time Baur laid eyes on Elijah, according to the criminal complaint, was sometime between late p.m. on February 16th and early a.m. on February 17th, when she came to Vang's apartment.

If in fact Vang killed Elijah, whether on the 17th, 18th or 19th, whether accidentally or intentionally, I have no problem believing he'd message back and forth with Baur as though Elijah were still alive. He would have every reason to.

In that scenario, though, I'd have to believe Baur wasn't directly, physically involved with whatever was done to/with Elijah. Beyond the criminal idiocy of putting Elijah in that man's care, of course, and being an accessory after the fact if she "knows" Vang did something to Elijah.

All JMO, glad Vang will stand trial, but where on earth is Elijah?

Jesse Vang ordered to stand trial in Elijah Vue case
KB also originally lied to investigators about being in town on the 16/17th and KB texted JV telling him not to cooperate with LE, don’t answer any questions, get a lawyer.

I wouldn’t be surprised whatsoever if KB and JV continued texting about Elijah after he was already gone. I think they both have knowledge of what really happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back