Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Deputies responded to a residence on Highway 8 east of Barron that was asking for help shortly before 1 a.m. When deputies arrived, they found two deceased adults. Jayme Closs, 13, is considered "missing and endangered." Jayme is described as 5' tall, 100 pounds and has green eyes and blond or strawberry blond hair.

2 dead, 13-year-old girl missing in Barron County, Wisconsin

Jayme%20Closs_1539605722558.jpg_6224138_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29

Thread #30
Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35
Thread #36

Media, Maps, and Timeline Thread

ABSOLUTELY NO MORE OFF TOPIC STORIES! THIS THREAD IS ABOUT JAYME. FEEL FREE TO TAKE YOUR OFF TOPIC STORY TO A PRIVATE CONVERSATION. IF ANYONE POSTS THEIR PERSONAL OFF TOPIC STORY WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC TIMEOUT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone- As this is a very active discussion, please make every effort to stay on-topic, victim friendly, and courteous to your fellow posters. If you are posting information as fact, posting a picture, etc. include a link to your source. If you see a post which violates TOS, report the post and do not respond to it. Thank you and carry on :)

Hey Everyone,

Such great news!!!

The story is coming together about the man who kidnapped Jayme and killed her parents but we still have many missing pieces.

IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE SUMMARIZE IN A POST WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

I am traveling and won't be able to use my laptop until I reach my destination.

Please remember no sleuthing other family members

Please do not put up maps that show the neighbor' addresses and please do not post anyone's name that isn't connected to the case.

Some posters are getting snarky.

Please take a break if you find yourself getting too angry.

More later

Take care

Tricia

I agree with you, my inclination would be to use the word sociopath. But the terminology seem to be changing from when I learned it, so I was trying to go with the newer terminology. I think the DSM terminology is antisocial personality disorder, but what can I say I took psych in the 70s... they keep changing terminology. I am referring to traits like NO conscience, and NO empathy.
“No conscience and no empathy.”

Sure sounds a lot like our boy here.

That’s exactly what it takes to murder two people, and hold a teen girl captive for months.

We will never see an ounce of remorse from this guy.

This story does not add up for me. I understand that there have been random kidnappings before, but a guy with a relatively light record, coming at 1 AM from 70 miles away and randomly targeting Jayme Closs for kidnap and brutally killing her parents in the process...it doesn't make sense to me. There has to be a connection.

Interested in theories some of you may have.

This is my first time posting on Websleuths, but I have been reading for awhile now.

This story does not add up for me. I understand that there have been random kidnappings before, but a guy with a relatively light record, coming at 1 AM from 70 miles away and randomly targeting Jayme Closs for kidnap and brutally killing her parents in the process...it doesn't make sense to me. There has to be a connection.
He seemingly has some sort of connection to that town, as three years ago he worked at the same place where Jayme’s parents worked.

He only worked there a day, so it’s likely irrelevant.

They still don’t know how he came to choose Jayme.

Interested in theories some of you may have.

This is my first time posting on Websleuths, but I have been reading for awhile now.
I believe he must have seen her somewhere, became obsessed with her, followed her perhaps to see where she lived, and began stalking her. It is my belief that he became so obsessed that he began to plan her parent's murder. He likely came to their door as a salesman or something to case the place out. It is my guess that he put a lot of time into planning this crime out. He was in and out of that house very quickly, and the world wouldn't know who he is if she hadn't escaped from him.

I would imagine he spent years playing video games that gave him the confidence to kill and take the way he did.

It would be interesting to see what games he plays online and also what (if any) games Jayme plays online.

Last edited:
His mother moved to the small town where Jayme's dance class was. Perhaps on a visit there to see his mother, he saw Jayme and her mother having something to eat in a local diner before dance class. In a small town like that people repeat their routines and if he knew that Jayme was there every Tuesday evening for instance he would easily be able to track her through the dance studio on line presence. He could easily follow her home to see where she lived and then check out the house when they were at work and school. It is very easy to do, I think, especially if the people being stalked have no idea it is happening. Look how much websleuthers find out, he could do the same.

His mother moved to the small town where Jayme's dance class was. Perhaps on a visit there to see his mother, he saw Jayme and her mother having something to eat in a local diner before dance class. In a small town like that people repeat their routines and if he knew that Jayme was there every Tuesday evening for instance he would easily be able to track her through the dance studio on line presence. He could easily follow her home to see where she lived and then check out the house when they were at work and school. It is very easy to do, I think, especially if the people being stalked have no idea it is happening. Look how much websleuthers find out, he could do the same.
I totally agree.

He could do it all online after he first seen Jamie.
He could get Jaymes name from a recital dance company website.
Look up the last name online and find the address.
Look up who lives at that address, names, ages, etc.
Look up the complete layout of the home online realtor site.
Look at the layout of the land on google earth.
He can find out where the parents work online.

He could do it all online after he first seen Jamie.
He could get Jaymes name from a recital dance company website.
Look up the last name online and find the address.
Look up who lives at that address, names, ages, etc.
Look up the complete layout of the home online realtor site.
Look at the layout of the land on google earth.
He can find out where the parents work online.
Yep, and it wouldn't have to be something he had to rush through. There might have been a lot of self satisfaction in the time spent stalking and planning of this crime. In fact, considering it doesn't look as if he had figured out what would come next after he got her up to the cabin.

Another point that occurred to me is if he didn't have internet connection at the cabin , he must have gone to a local spot like a library or a similar place to use their internet connection. We do this routinely when we travel up to Vermont. WE pull into the library parking lot and look up our email. With no job or other restrictions, he was free all summer to pursue the preparation of this crime

Another point that occurred to me is if he didn't have internet connection at the cabin , he must have gone to a local spot like a library or a similar place to use their internet connection. We do this routinely when we travel up to Vermont. WE pull into the library parking lot and look up our email. With no job or other restrictions, he was free all summer to pursue the preparation of this crime
He may not have been aided by the internet at all. If he followed her home, that may have been enough. She'd be with her mom, he would assume she had a father (if he wasn't with them as well) and JTP had a shotgun and the element of surprise.

Since the place JP lived seemed to be seasonal as far as occupants in the homes, he might not have even been too worried if she did escape. I mean, he probably figured he could just go out and find her. Where was she going to go? I wonder if she had tried to escape before even.
She is one lucky girl someone was out walking their dog at just the right time!

BBM
This might be how he noticed her in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golden123