GUILTY WI - Kelly Dwyer, 27, Milwaukee, 11 Oct 2013 - *Arrest* #2

I wonder if he shows up on security cam at any place buying gas or other supplies at any convenience/gas store or wlamart the night she disappeared?
And could his cell phone pings for that night shed any light?

Given that the POI got his job through his mother, went to his parents' house the next day, had a boat registered in someone else's name, left his computer with a friend, etc., I have been wondering why we presume he acted alone if he is guilty. It doesn't sound like he did much on his own. I realize LE hasn't said anything to point to any accomplices or other actors, but I sure would be surprised to learn down the road that this is the one thing he did on his own. Someone else has to know something. I am so frustrated and upset for her family.

Given that the POI got his job through his mother, went to his parents' house the next day, had a boat registered in someone else's name, left his computer with a friend, etc., I have been wondering why we presume he acted alone if he is guilty. It doesn't sound like he did much on his own. I realize LE hasn't said anything to point to any accomplices or other actors, but I sure would be surprised to learn down the road that this is the one thing he did on his own. Someone else has to know something. I am so frustrated and upset for her family.
It would not be the first time someone had help disposing of a body. I sort of don't think he had help this once but that's just a gut feeling and I would not be all that surprised to learn I am wrong about it.
If he is ever charged I smell a 'rough sex' defense. . . .that is if outright denial is made impossible due to evidence.

Could he know who leaves keys in their car or does he have access to a different vehicle (in that parking garage) other than his own vehicle?

The term "portered" was used. Zocco had his vehicle portered after Kelly went missing but before the news that she was missing got out.
Not certain if this info has been mentioned by LE or if it was revealed by Oploc, a local who posted here and was/is conducting searches. If I'm not mistaken, due to snowy winter months the searches haulted.

The term "portered" was used. Zocco had his vehicle portered after Kelly went missing but before the news that she was missing got out.
Not certain if this info has been mentioned by LE or if it was revealed by Oploc, a local who posted here and was/is conducting searches. If I'm not mistaken, due to snowy winter months the searches haulted.

I was not familiar with the term as it is a bit uncommon in my area so I looked it up and found this:
'A car porter cleans and services cars at used-car lots. He cleans the interiors and exteriors of cars being offered for sale.'
http://www.ehow.com/about_6727629_job-description-car-porter.html

Here we might say 'detailed'.

Interesting.

I wonder if he shows up on security cam at any place buying gas or other supplies at any convenience/gas store or wlamart the night she disappeared?
And could his cell phone pings for that night shed any light?

I've often thought of toll booths. If he passed through any toll booths during his hours long, coked up quest to hide the body of his friend, there would be a record. Too bad we can't narrow it down a bit.

I've often thought of toll booths. If he passed through any toll booths during his hours long, coked up quest to hide the body of his friend, there would be a record. Too bad we can't narrow it down a bit.

In order for him to go through a toll booth, he'd have to cross over the state line into Illinois. Since that's where Kelly's from I doubt highly he went in that direction. Since the lake is east, if he traveled to dispose it was probably north and/or west.

In order for him to go through a toll booth, he'd have to cross over the state line into Illinois. Since that's where Kelly's from I doubt highly he went in that direction. Since the lake is east, if he traveled to dispose it was probably north and/or west.

Still, checking for things like that helps to catch some people but just assuming he would not go that way without checking is how some might escape detection. So toll booths, convenience stores and any store in the area such as a walmart or similar type store with security camers might be a good place for LE to check along with credit card use etc. and I suspect they are checking all possibilities and following where the evidence leads.

I was not familiar with the term as it is a bit uncommon in my area so I looked it up and found this:
'A car porter cleans and services cars at used-car lots. He cleans the interiors and exteriors of cars being offered for sale.'
http://www.ehow.com/about_6727629_job-description-car-porter.html

Here we might say 'detailed'.

Interesting.

I've always heard and said "detailed" myself, docwho3. I have heard portered used at a car dealership, but that's it. I'm a heathen from Texas, though lol.

KZ is your classic case of a sociopath. He will never care what any of us on this blog thinks or how Kelly's family feels. It is only about him and his world. In my opinion from what I know about him, he is never going to change. If I had the means, I would check every city that he has ever lived in and check for any unsolved missing persons case or murders. His behavior is serial like.

If he does reads these posts, he needs to be a MAN - Inform the police and Kelly's family what he knows and deal with the consequences. I hope he understands that there is no statue of limitations on murder. If they don't get you now, KZ, karma is going to bite you in the *advertiser censored* soon or later.

Karma already bit him in the *advertiser censored* once when he killed and hid Kelly's body. Karma in the name of newly discovered child *advertiser censored*. I wonder what kind of big time Karma is coming around for round number two since he won't cooperate or tell that grieving family where their darling daughter is, eh Kris? Karma is definitely a cold-hearted byotch. Tick tock tick tock

I think we are looking for someplace that the digging was easy. Many cases I have read about have had the perp digging shallow for body disposal, often just far enough down to cover the remains from sight but seldom as far down as a real grave. So where is ground like that near his residence but where you could dig after dark and not be likely to be seen or interrupted? Or perhaps a place that people use to just dump trash illegally. Or maybe a trashy overgrown lot?

Another much less likely possibility: Is there a cemetery nearby which might have had a freshly used grave?

I think we are looking for someplace that the digging was easy. Many cases I have read about have had the perp digging shallow for body disposal, often just far enough down to cover the remains from sight but seldom as far down as a real grave. So where is ground like that near his residence but where you could dig after dark and not be likely to be seen or interrupted? Or perhaps a place that people use to just dump trash illegally. Or maybe a trashy overgrown lot?

Another much less likely possibility: Is there a cemetery nearby which might have had a freshly used grave?

All great thoughts, docwho3. I agree, in the condition he was in I don't see him digging a deep grave anywhere. Maybe he knew of someplace he could tumble her body into, some kind of ravine? Unfortunately he was gone for so many hours that day the places seem limitless. I'm sure it's someplace he's been before though. People go where they know, if you know what I mean.

You still feel he may have buried her close to his residence? Even though he was gone for so many hours the next day?

. . .You still feel he may have buried her close to his residence? Even though he was gone for so many hours the next day?
I do not actually know how much time that he has not been able to account for (that LE has been able to actually verify.)

We need to start with the length of time that he was gone from home (if known for certain) and then subtract any time that LE says he has been verified to have accounted for) and then subtract the amount of time we think it would take to bury her in a shallow grave. Then, because he had to make a round trip, we should take the remaining time and cut it in half and that resulting one way travel time should help estimate the radius from his home that needs to be searched.

I used the term 'near' only loosely because I was not certain he had time to go hundreds of miles away (each way) and still have time to bury the body and have the car 'detailed' and his apartment cleaned up as well as possible.

Here is a great timeline that SmoothOperator put together of KZ's comings and goings during the time of Kelly's disappearance. Shout out to Smoothie!

October 10-

9:50pm-
Surveillance video shows Kelly Dwyer entering Zocco's apt building. She was wearing black leggings, gray sweater, and a jean jacket.

Between 9:50pm-2:37am-
Kelly Dwyer and Kris Zocco are seen TWICE leaving the apt building together, and TWICE both returning to the apt together.

(*note that Kris Zocco lied in telling LE that Kelly Dwyer changed into a dress at his apt, before the two left to go out that night. LE state that the surveillance video shows that Kelly Dwyer remained in the same clothing{black leggings, gray sweater, and jean jacket}the entire time.9:50pm-2:37am)

October 11-

2:37am-
Kelly Dwyer and Kris Zocco are seen on surveillance video returning together to the apt for the second, and last time.
(*this also marks the last known time Kelly Dwyer is seen alive)

9:00am-
This is the time that Kris Zocco claims that he awoke and saw Kelly Dwyer leave his apt.

10:08am-
This marks the last activity of Kelly Dwyer's cell phone.
(I am unclear on the "activity" being a ping, call, text, internet use, etc)

6:15pm-
Surveillance video shows Kris Zocco leaving in his vehicle from the apt complex.
(*note that Kris Zocco lies to LE stating that he took his summer sports equipment to his parent's home in Richfield and then returned home @8:45pm)

8:45pm-
Kris Zocco lies to LE in claiming this as the time that he returned home to his apt from his parent's home in Richfield..

October 12-

2:41pm-
Surveillance video shows this as the actual time that he returned to his apt(from when he left at 6:15pm the night prior). Kris Zocco was wearing the same clothing as the prior day and was seen removing a small white plastic bag from the front passenger compartment.

October 16-

A search of the apt complex using HRD K9s(specifically trained to alert on the scent of Human Remains) turned up 5 separate, positive "hits". Those 5 areas that were alerted with positive hits were:
1)
The exterior door of apt #1801(which was Zocco's apt and one of six apts on that floor.)

2)
The trash chute on the 18th floor(which again is the floor that Zocco's apt #1801 is on)

3)
One of the pillars located in the apt parking garage.

4)
The first floor trash room where garbage from trash chutes on every floor lands.

5)
A shovel.

-The warrant states that in the 10/16 search of Zocco's apt LE found women's underwear, a Glock handgun, rifle, and ammunition.

-Also of note in the search of Zocco's apt on 10/16 the shower curtain was missing from the bathroom. Even more specifically LE state that the hooks were still in place and it appeared as tho the shower curtain had been "ripped" down.

Have at it, Docwho3, put your sleuthing skills to work!

Here is a great timeline that SmoothOperator put together of KZ's comings and goings during the time of Kelly's disappearance. Shout out to Smoothie!. . .
Thanks for the info. Sorry for the delay in answering. I came down with some germ and have a Dr. appointment in a little while.

I have not had energy to verify the time line info but taken 'as is' we have numbers to work with. However, we do need to decide how much time we allow for the digging and also we need to decide if he started out with a destination in mind. I mean he could have put her in the car and then drove somewhere and sat and thought about where to take her or he might have already had some destination in mind. Now if he had not done this sort of thing before he might be tempted to take her to some place he knew about from having lived or played there in the past. Also: Do we think he actually brought that car back to the garage without stopping somewhere to clean it some himself. If such a thing had ever happened to me I know I would not trust anyone else to detail a car I had used to transport a body unless I had first cleaned it myself as there is too much riding on no evidence ever being found in that vehicle. I would appreciate input from our posting members as to the time figure on the digging. . . and input on the other things mentioned.

If this was you (any posting member) and something happened in your apartment and a person died even if you didn't mean for it to happen but you were afraid to just dial 911 due to drugs being involved or due to kinky rough sex game being responsible with what was supposed to be unconsciousness but which resulted in death or whatever reason. . . . If this was you would you know just where to take a body that was far enough away to not implicate you by being too close to home and secluded enough for you to not be seen dumping the body and for the body to not easily be found? How long would you dither in a panic at home before deciding to dispose of the body? How long would you then take to decide how to move the body to your vehicle without being seen? How long would you then take to decide where to take the body? I wonder if he has friends or relatives that own land within our final burial radius?

Snoods said:
. . .Have at it, Docwho3, put your sleuthing skills to work!
Thanks for the kind words but it isn't my skills as much as the group as a whole. I just made a couple of suggestions as to a direction we might take in trying to figure this stuff out.

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the delay in answering. I came down with some germ and have a Dr. appointment in a little while.

I have not had energy to verify the time line info but taken 'as is' we have numbers to work with. However, we do need to decide how much time we allow for the digging and also we need to decide if he started out with a destination in mind. I mean he could have put her in the car and then drove somewhere and sat and thought about where to take her or he might have already had some destination in mind. Now if he had not done this sort of thing before he might be tempted to take her to some place he knew about from having lived or played there in the past. Also: Do we think he actually brought that car back to the garage without stopping somewhere to clean it some himself. If such a thing had ever happened to me I know I would not trust anyone else to detail a car I had used to transport a body unless I had first cleaned it myself as there is too much riding on no evidence ever being found in that vehicle. I would appreciate input from our posting members as to the time figure on the digging. . . and input on the other things mentioned.

If this was you (any posting member) and something happened in your apartment and a person died even if you didn't mean for it to happen but you were afraid to just dial 911 due to drugs being involved or due to kinky rough sex game being responsible with what was supposed to be unconsciousness but which resulted in death or whatever reason. . . . If this was you would you know just where to take a body that was far enough away to not implicate you by being too close to home and secluded enough for you to not be seen dumping the body and for the body to not easily be found? How long would you dither in a panic at home before deciding to dispose of the body? How long would you then take to decide how to move the body to your vehicle without being seen? How long would you then take to decide where to take the body? I wonder if he has friends or relatives that own land within our final burial radius?

Thanks for the kind words but it isn't my skills as much as the group as a whole. I just made a couple of suggestions as to a direction we might take in trying to figure this stuff out.

I'm so sorry, I hope you're feeling better.

BBM Here's what's always bugged me about that. If someone died in my apartment from an overdose, rough sex, whatever, and I was worried about the police coming to my place because of my scads of child *advertiser censored* and drugs, logically I would get rid of the child *advertiser censored* (computer if necessary) and ditch the drugs somewhere. Then I would call police.

But here's what he did. He instead chose to get rid of the body in a long drawn out all day affair, (in which he was caught in lies about with LE) and KEEP the CP and drugs. Even KNOWING that as the last person to be with Kelly, he is going to be the prime suspect and LE would be searching his place.

Why not get rid of the body, the drugs, and oh yeah the explicit child *advertiser censored*. MKE, a poster here who knows him, has said he thinks he's smarter than police and everyone else, but that doesn't strike me as smart. I think my toenails could cover up a murder scene better than KZ did.

Even if it were an overdose or rough sex, if he came clean with LE even now the body would probably still be in good enough condition to verify his claim and they could still do toxicology. This has always led me to believe something more nefarious happened.

I've always said he buried her somewhere he knows, perhaps somewhere close to a vacation he took. Also, he used to work in Boston. I believe the body is somewhere between where he lives and Boston, since he used to make that drive.

Note: Bolding in this post added by me.
'A recent search warrant executed inside Zocco's east side apartment revealed that police found guns and a missing shower curtain and that a cadaver dog picked up on Kelly Dwyer's scent five times near a garbage chute in the building.'
http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east...ut-daughters-boyfriend-disappearance/24142100

'. . .According to the warrant, authorities found woman’s underwear, a glock pistol, a rifle and ammunition. The authorities thought the missing shower curtain was suspicious. It seemed like it was ripped off the hooks. The warrant also reports the details of a cadaver dog finding the scent of Kelly, five times. It was found on Zocco’s apartment door and a trash chute in the 18th floor, and twice in the first floor trash room, near a dumpster and on a shovel. The fifth scent was found in the parking garage, only 25 feet away from Zocco’s parking spot. . .'
http://reagannewspaper.com/current-...eaking-conclusion-or-a-heartbreaking-mystery/

'. . .That apparently led police to a landfill in October to look for Dwyer's body. Police said they found, "potential items of evidence" -- but they're not saying what it was. . . '
http://wdez.com/news/articles/2014/...ve-added-insight-into-search-for-kelly-dwyer/

'. . . Also, the search warrants showed that investigators got suspicious when Zocco gave conflicting times to officers about his whereabouts the night Dwyer vanished. . . .'
http://wdez.com/news/articles/2014/...ve-added-insight-into-search-for-kelly-dwyer/

These hit locations might be telling us a story. Just off the top of my head here is one possibility: He used the shower curtain to move her but bumped her body on the door on the way out of the apartment. He used the garbage chute for some items (causing the hits on the chute and dump bin and some of these items might have been recovered at the dump site that LE searched) but maybe he could not put her in the chute because of not being able to get into the garbage room but his taking her there to the door or his touching the door with something having her body scent on it caused a hit on that door too. . . .and ultimately he used a shovel and took her body, or large part thereof, into the parking garage and into his car someplace for final disposal which caused the hits on the shovel and the parking garage as reported in those linked reports. (Just a thought.)

BBM I laid out basically the same scenario a while back. Great minds! I'd go look for my post but I'm too lazy right now lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back