Will Casey's Age Impact the Outcome Of her Trial and Sentencing?

Defenseless is a nice word for it. My mind keeps telling me there's a horror here that KC put that little sweetheart through that is enough to justify the death penalty. Here's what I envision happened. :furious::furious::furious:

After months (years) of KC lying to her mother to get her own way, KC had a child, didn't identify the father (grossly wrong for Caylee on so many levels), KC convinced GA and CA that she was working and thinking about an apartment. CA went to a therapist. The therapist, without thinking of the consequences for KC, much less Caylee, glibly tells CA to hold KC's feet to the fire and kick her out. The catalyst comes when CA discovers KC has stolen money from GGF. Huge verbal fight. Caylee had to be upset. Oh, KC also emotionally and verbally abuses Caylee with name calling and who knows what else. Caylee is starting to talk.

KC leaves the house in a rage. She comes back in the morning of the 16th. Now she's on a silent rage seeking revenge. She takes clothing for KC, but only takes a princess dress (Belle's ball gown -- not the Minnie dress) and Caylee's doll "Mama." She takes Caylee without any means of support or supplies for even a single day.

KC drives wherever during the day, maybe to Blanchard Park. KC also went to the Sawgrass Apartments that day. Somewhere, either Blanchard Park or Sawgrass Apartments, KC chloroforms Caylee and puts her in the trunk. It's getting late and she needs to get to TonE's place. TonE doesn't want kids there. Wait. Caylee is unconscious, but not dead yet.

The dose of chloroform is substantial because KC intends to kill Caylee. KC drives to AL's place and spends the night. Chloroform is short acting and Caylee wakes up, vomits and has a horrible headache and cramps, maybe diarrhea, from the chloroform. She's locked in the trunk and it is dark, confining and she's totally frightened out of her wits. She's in a dark cage -- think about being buried alive.

Caylee cries to get help like any baby does. There is no response. Caylee is running out of air because of the rubber trunk seals. It is also very hot in there from Caylee's own body heat because the trunk is sealed. The chloroform is still present in the vomit, urine and diarrhea. However, it just makes her sick, doesn't knock her out again. Caylee scratches on the trunk panel, but can't escape. Fright turns to terror and panic as there is less and less air. Caylee is beyond terrified. She is just a 2 year old. Caylee dies of suffocation.

KC opens the trunk the next day and, of course, Caylee is dead. KC didn't scream, cry, call 911 on her ever present cell phone because KC expected it. KC didn't even wait with Caylee for her to die. She left her there to die alone.

KC has to strip the body of clothing and strip the outfit off the Mama doll because of the vomit, urine and body fluids. That's why Mama was found without clothes.

Oh my god. That was horrific to read. It made me cry all over again for that sweet innocent little baby girl and how she died simply because of her mother's selfishness.

Defenseless is a nice word for it. My mind keeps telling me there's a horror here that KC put that little sweetheart through that is enough to justify the death penalty. Here's what I envision happened. :furious::furious::furious:

After months (years) of KC lying to her mother to get her own way, KC had a child, didn't identify the father (grossly wrong for Caylee on so many levels), KC convinced GA and CA that she was working and thinking about an apartment. CA went to a therapist. The therapist, without thinking of the consequences for KC, much less Caylee, glibly tells CA to hold KC's feet to the fire and kick her out. The catalyst comes when CA discovers KC has stolen money from GGF. Huge verbal fight. Caylee had to be upset. Oh, KC also emotionally and verbally abuses Caylee with name calling and who knows what else. Caylee is starting to talk.

KC leaves the house in a rage. She comes back in the morning of the 16th. Now she's on a silent rage seeking revenge. She takes clothing for KC, but only takes a princess dress (Belle's ball gown -- not the Minnie dress) and Caylee's doll "Mama." She takes Caylee without any means of support or supplies for even a single day.

KC drives wherever during the day, maybe to Blanchard Park. KC also went to the Sawgrass Apartments that day. Somewhere, either Blanchard Park or Sawgrass Apartments, KC chloroforms Caylee and puts her in the trunk. It's getting late and she needs to get to TonE's place. TonE doesn't want kids there. Wait. Caylee is unconscious, but not dead yet.

The dose of chloroform is substantial because KC intends to kill Caylee. KC drives to AL's place and spends the night. Chloroform is short acting and Caylee wakes up, vomits and has a horrible headache and cramps, maybe diarrhea, from the chloroform. She's locked in the trunk and it is dark, confining and she's totally frightened out of her wits. She's in a dark cage -- think about being buried alive.

Caylee cries to get help like any baby does. There is no response. Caylee is running out of air because of the rubber trunk seals. It is also very hot in there from Caylee's own body heat because the trunk is sealed. The chloroform is still present in the vomit, urine and diarrhea. However, it just makes her sick, doesn't knock her out again. Caylee scratches on the trunk panel, but can't escape. Fright turns to terror and panic as there is less and less air. Caylee is beyond terrified. She is just a 2 year old. Caylee dies of suffocation.

KC opens the trunk the next day and, of course, Caylee is dead. KC didn't scream, cry, call 911 on her ever present cell phone because KC expected it. KC didn't even wait with Caylee for her to die. She left her there to die alone.

KC has to strip the body of clothing and strip the outfit off the Mama doll because of the vomit, urine and body fluids. That's why Mama was found without clothes.

Therefore, KC's age of 22 years won't impact this case, but Caylee's tender age of 2 years old will aggravate the outcome.

Chilling ...

I'm new to this thread and have been lurking around and reading as much as I can. After Casey was indicted, I became concerned that some jury members (especially women) may have a problem sentencing her to life because of her age. I don't even know if there has even been a young woman put to death close to Casey's age.

This may concern an jury member (and there is always one of those on the jury) who feels she is guilty but does not have 100% (body) proof that she did this.

Tiffany Cole is on Death Row here in Florida she is 27 years old. Just 5 years older than KC. :behindbar

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/Detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=131088923

J35212.jpg
DC Number: J35212Name: COLE, TIFFANYRace: WHITESex: FEMALEHair Color: BROWNEye Color: BLUEHeight: 5'06''Weight: 153 lbs.Birth Date: 12/03/1981Initial Receipt Date: 03/07/2008Current Facility: LOWELL ANNEXCurrent Custody: MAXIMUMCurrent Release Date: DEATH SENTENCE

I think the age of the victim will have more impact on the jurors, than the age of the killer.

I totally agree!!! They sent Tiffany Cole (age 27) to Death Row after she and her boyfriend along with a couple friends buried an elderly couple alive after they robbed them.

I seriously doubt KC's age will make any difference, but the fact that she murdered a helpless little 2 year old girl WILL make a difference.

Therefore, KC's age of 22 years won't impact this case, but Caylee's tender age of 2 years old will aggravate the outcome.

This is so disturbing. Why didn't she get rid of the entire doll and just place it with the body? Why leave the naked doll behind? I remember NG saying that there scratches found on the hood of the trunk. This would aline with the little girl suffering and trying to get out. OMG. The entire time, I've found peace with myself with just the fact that KC drugged the child and she died in her sleep painlessly. If your description is true, we should bring back the guillotine just for her. I HATE HER!!

I wish you could find a way to get Cindy to read this.

This is so disturbing. Why didn't she get rid of the entire doll and just place it with the body? Why leave the naked doll behind? I remember NG saying that there scratches found on the hood of the trunk. This would aline with the little girl suffering and trying to get out. OMG. The entire time, I've found peace with myself with just the fact that KC drugged the child and she died in her sleep painlessly. If your description is true, we should bring back the guillotine just for her. I HATE HER!!
Why didn't she place the doll with the body? Well, perhaps gators don't eat plastic dolls. If the doll was with the body any body parts would be more identifiable.

I remember the scratches. I thought they were on the outside but my memory isn't what it used to be. Couldn't they get microscopic bits of tissue and dna from all over the interior of the trunk if Caylee struggled to get out?

I hate to even think about this...

As other posters have said age can't or shouldn't be a consideration on DP cases. I would personally have no problem sending anyone to death row if I were a juror and the evidence was beyond a reasonable doubt. I'm one of those eye for an eye kind of people ESPECIALLY when a child is murdered.

be sure to stay on topic..which is will her age influence this case.

...Well, perhaps gators don't eat plastic dolls.

I'm sorry but I had to laugh at this. What I meant to say is why didn't she get rid of the doll like she did with the trash bag? Why take the clothes off and then keep the doll?

I really believe that in her crazy mind she thinks that this will be over in a year and she will be partying again. Jose has probably told her that he's going to beat the case. He should be disbarred. How do you defend her when the prosecutor has all of this evidence?

I'm sorry but I had to laugh at this. What I meant to say is why didn't she get rid of the doll like she did with the trash bag? Why take the clothes off and then keep the doll?

I really believe that in her crazy mind she thinks that this will be over in a year and she will be partying again. Jose has probably told her that he's going to beat the case. He should be disbarred. How do you defend her when the prosecutor has all of this evidence?

My post was showing the circumstances of death would negate consideration of age 22 as a tender age entitled to mitigation consideration.

Agreed JB is a big discussion topic. We have moved those discussions to the thread called "Jose Baez."

I agree with you. That's how it should be but the jury is incredibly powerful. I have a feeling that JB and his crew are going to give Casey a personality overhaul and present her as a misguided youth. I keep thinking of the movie Chicago. The sleazy lawyer (how appropriate) telling his client to blame it on alcohol.

JB already has her wearing librarian glasses and "office" attire. Can you imagine how she will dress for court? Certainly not like she did when was going to Fusian after she disposed of Caylee. Remember how OJ charmed the jury (the first time)? If she manages to manipulate the jury into thinking that she is a poor innocent girl who has been wronged AND her family is 100% siding with her, she may get a lesser sentence and by the time she gets credit for good behavior and all she'll serve 20 years and still be out in time to make more babies!!!
Wow...a transformation...not. I get what you mean, but I think they'll have enough testimony in regards to her psychological profile to offset any window dressing. Her age won't be a factor at all. JMHO

I agree with you. That's how it should be but the jury is incredibly powerful. I have a feeling that JB and his crew are going to give Casey a personality overhaul and present her as a misguided youth. I keep thinking of the movie Chicago. The sleazy lawyer (how appropriate) telling his client to blame it on alcohol.

JB already has her wearing librarian glasses and "office" attire. Can you imagine how she will dress for court? Certainly not like she did when was going to Fusian after she disposed of Caylee. Remember how OJ charmed the jury (the first time)? If she manages to manipulate the jury into thinking that she is a poor innocent girl who has been wronged AND her family is 100% siding with her, she may get a lesser sentence and by the time she gets credit for good behavior and all she'll serve 20 years and still be out in time to make more babies!!!
I think the fact that we actually have KC's voice on tape and it is such a window into her mind , it is going to go a loooonngg way to offset any wardrobe changes.

I would be inclined to agree with you except for one thing. KC's own words in taped calls are going to wipe a lot of that sympathy out. IMO she is not a sympathetic character.
I think she has painted herself as such a monster that it is going to overshadow her age. Actually,the fact that she never broke down and truly had outward concern for Caylee is going to overshadow everything.

jmho of course.

ETA: I am opposed to the death penalty so I wouldn't be able to put her to death anyway..but that is why I would never be allowed to serve on that jury.

I agree with you. Her lack of concern for Caylee is going to make people forget about her age.

I remember the scratches. I thought they were on the outside but my memory isn't what it used to be. Couldn't they get microscopic bits of tissue and dna from all over the interior of the trunk if Caylee struggled to get out?

I hate to even think about this...

For some reason I thought the scratches were on the exterior of the trunk too.

For the Scott Peterson trial, they impaneled a "death qualified" jury. If the prosecution seeks the DP in this case, they'll make sure each and every juror is capable of imposing a death sentence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death-qualified_jury
That is correct. that is why I could never be seated on a dp jury.

however, the question is still a legitimate one..as to whether her age will influence the jury's decision to convict and sentence.
We had a gang rape trial here in my county a couple years ago. They actually had a videotape of this poor unconscious drugged gal being raped and tortured by 3 teens. They were even mugging and smirking into the camera.
BUT, because of the number and severity of the charges, they faced a possible 50 year prison term.
The first trial ended up hung! The reason is because the defense created enough doubt that she was faking and the jurors said they just could not see putting these young boys behind bars for so long. The jurors never should have calculated the sentence into their decision, but they did.
In the second trial, the DA reduced the number of charges and their severity. the boys were convicted of much lesser charges and they each spent a few years behind bars. they actually just go out because they got credit for time served while awaiting trial.

So here we have a VIDEOTAPED crime, but because of the age of the defendants and the time it would put them behind bars, the jury could not convict.

Haidl Gang rape

That is correct. that is why I could never be seated on a dp jury.

however, the question is still a legitimate one..as to whether her age will influence the jury's decision to convict and sentence.
We had a gang rape trial here in my county a couple years ago. They actually had a videotape of this poor unconscious drugged gal being raped and tortured by 3 teens. They were even mugging and smirking into the camera.
BUT, because of the number and severity of the charges, they faced a possible 50 year prison term.
The first trial ended up hung! The reason is because the defense created enough doubt that she was faking and the jurors said they just could not see putting these young boys behind bars for so long. The jurors never should have calculated the sentence into their decision, but they did.
In the second trial, the DA reduced the number of charges and their severity. the boys were convicted of much lesser charges and they each spent a few years behind bars. they actually just go out because they got credit for time served while awaiting trial.

So here we have a VIDEOTAPED crime, but because of the age of the defendants and the time it would put them behind bars, the jury could not convict.

Haidl Gang rape

Very good point. I think it's an age sympathy. These boys were young so the jury sympathized with them.

There's not a jury in the world that will sympathize with Casey before Caylee.

Caylee is the 2 y/o victim who suffered a horrific death at the hands of her mother, who celebrated her crime with tattoos, drinks and men.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back