Witness accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to say agreed on that. But the reason is because he was someone who was not afraid to stand for what is right. He made a lot of enemies when he took that stand against SPD in the Sherman Ware incident. Old disgruntled ex-girlfriends and co-workers aside, GZ is a man of honor.
JMO-IMO-IMHO-MOO 'n stuff.
I disagree mommakkk51. Men of honor don't get charged with 2nd degree murder for killing an unarmed teenager for no reason. My own opinion....of course.

It seems harsh to call the family liars because the mother may have misunderstood her son. It's not like when Tracy said his son was an honor student....that I would categorize as an unfamiliarity with the truth.

How does the commendation, or lack thereof, tie into witness statements?

Zimmerman's mother was a witness during the bond hearing. She was... less than truthful.

It seems the whole family 'misunderstood' George.

IMO

I disagree mommakkk51. Men of honor don't get charged with 2nd degree murder for killing an unarmed teenager for no reason. My own opinion....of course.

I disagree. People with honor frequently get charged with crimes they didn't commit because the truth of the matter isn't nearly as *sexy* or currently popular as spin. Here, the spin in racism. Extremely volatile (popular, sexy), but not supported any legitimate evidence. George was a racist, trayvon was a black teenager with skittles and tea. Bring out the gallows because George admittedly said, hey, there's a black kid acting weird in my hood, and we've had a problem with that.

Imo, George had every reason to believe exactly what he believed about Trayvon. And Trayvon could have diffused the situation entirely either by going tfhome or telling George what he was doing there...as any rational, even any rational late-teenaged person, would have done, imo.

read the motion in the link reader posted on the media thread. It goes into great detail about why Trayvon's cell phone records should be sealed. It does NOT mention why they should not merely be redacted -- especially since they were already disclosed to the media by Crump

From the article I linked:

“Publication of certain discovery materials described .. will result in this matter being tried in the press rather than in the court,” de la Rionda wrote.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/23/2814613/prosecutors-in-george-zimmerman.html#storylink=cpy

If the motion is read carefully it shows that the reason for it is to protect GZ's right to a fair trial and to protect the witnesses from harassment.

I disagree. People with honor frequently get charged with crimes they didn't commit because the truth of the matter isn't nearly as *sexy* or currently popular as spin. Here, the spin in racism. Extremely volatile (popular, sexy), but not supported any legitimate evidence. George was a racist, trayvon was a black teenager with skittles and tea. Bring out the gallows because George admittedly said, hey, there's a black kid acting weird in my hood, and we've had a problem with that.

Imo, George had every reason to believe exactly what he believed about Trayvon. And Trayvon could have diffused the situation entirely either by going tfhome or telling George what he was doing there...as any rational, even any rational late-teenaged person, would have done, imo.

No. Lock him up (I prefer not to use a hanging analogy in this particular case) because he said, "hey there's a black kid acting weird and we've had a problem with that... AND THEN disregarded common sense direction and pursued, confront and shot him.

The excuse that Trayvon could have/should have diffused his own death by being subservient to someone he owed no explanation to is preposterous. Zimmerman was the one in control, the one with the gun and the one that shot and him for no reason other than he THOUGHT he was another black a$$hole that was about to get away.

From the article I linked:

“Publication of certain discovery materials described .. will result in this matter being tried in the press rather than in the court,” de la Rionda wrote.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/23/2814613/prosecutors-in-george-zimmerman.html#storylink=cpy

If the motion is read carefully it shows that the reason for it is to protect GZ's right to a fair trial and to protect the witnesses from harassment.

Maybe someone should send de la Rionda a cd of the public statements of Crump, the family, the "girlfriend", Natalie Jackson, the msm,sharpton, the "new"BP in general, etc. hahaha, the State is trying to protect the right to a fair trail? omg, lmao. I wonder who called the POTUS's attention to the case so that he felt inclined to comment.

No. Lock him up (I prefer not to use a hanging analogy in this particular case) because he said, "hey there's a black kid acting weird and we've had a problem with that... AND THEN disregarded common sense direction and pursued, confront and shot him.

The excuse that Trayvon could have/should have diffused his own death by being subservient to someone he owed no explanation to is preposterous. Zimmerman was the one in control, the one with the gun and the one that shot and him for no reason other than he THOUGHT he was another black a$$hole that was about to get away.

If he doesn't want to get himself into deeper chit then he's already in, he tells the guy what he's doing there. It's that simple. I don't care about his "subservient" issues.

Two acquaintances painted an unflattering picture of Zimmerman in police interviews.

A distraught woman told an investigator that she stays away from Zimmerman because he’s racist and because of things he’s done to her in the past, but she didn’t elaborate on what happened between them.

“I don’t at all know who this kid was or anything else. But I know George, and I know that he does not like black people. He would start something. He’s very confrontational. It’s in his blood. We’ll just say that,” the unidentified woman says in an audio recording.

A man whose name was deleted from the audio told investigators said he worked with Zimmerman in 2008 for a few months. It wasn’t clear which company it was.

The man, who described his heritage as “Middle Eastern,” said that when he first started, many employees didn’t like him. Zimmerman seized on this, the employee said, and bullied him.

Zimmerman wanted to “get in” with the clique at work so he exaggerated a Middle Eastern accent when talking about the employee, the man said. The employee told investigators that Zimmerman made reference to terrorists and bombings when talking about him.

“It was so immature,” said the employee, who ended up writing a letter to management about Zimmerman.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/17/discovery-documents-released-in-state-vs-george-zimmerman/

I believe this woman might know GZ...I am glad she's talking out...he's confrontational, it's in his blood...I believe GZ is many things but honorable...NOT..this is not a man of honor, he's a bully, he's controlling, he has impulse control issues, I beleive his parnaoia has gotten him into many scapes but daddy dearest might have gotten him out of many. I don't trust GZ, he's already proven himself to be unhonorable, with the misrepresentation at the bond hearing of WHO he thought TM was and wasn't...

The middle eastern excoworker paints a great picture of an immature clod, talking bombing and terrorism, yet it appears he could be right up there with his domestic style terrorism of following young teens around with gun in hand..bullying seems to be his nature...

If he doesn't want to get himself into deeper chit then he's already in, he tells the guy what he's doing there. It's that simple. I don't care about his "subservient" issues.

This is what someone truly frightened would do, IMO.

I was just coming to post this myself. So the STATE wants to seal interviews with W9 even though she is anonymous and they saw fit to produce her initial phone call? And they also want to seal trayvon's cell phone records? Is redaction not sufficient to protect W9's identity or the phone numbers on Trayvon's phone bill? Btw, weren't the phone bills already shown to the media by Mr. Crump - at least the part he feels helps his case?

Oh, and they also want to seal George's negative voice stress test?

Interesting indeed, imo

JMO No way in H3ll can GZ get a fair trial.All the witnesses changing stories at this time is just insane. If I were on the jury I would disregard all their statements except the very first 911 calls and interviews.IMO Vultures who want to make $$$$$$ off this case have poisoned witnesses,Mr.Crump should be in trouble for obstruction if it is found out he or his associates talked to the witnesses or their families.The way the races have divided IMO how can you believe the black witnesses who now change their stories and the black neighbors who had no problems with GZ when he was watching out for their safety till this shooting happened,why no calls about the racist then?.Are some putting pressure on any black witnesses to change their stories to help their cause? I really do not trust the DA's office why seal these records what are they hiding?Sorry not buying it.Too many have tried to circumvent justice and in this case it looks like they are getting away with it.If I were GZ I would take my chances and get out of the USA.Too bad he did not flee before he was arrested. I have always had a very high respect for our justice system but after FCA got away with out and out murder IMO and now this case our justice system is in critical condition and an utter failure.

Maybe someone should send de la Rionda a cd of the public statements of Crump, the family, the "girlfriend", Natalie Jackson, the msm,sharpton, the "new"BP in general, etc. hahaha, the State is trying to protect the right to a fair trail? omg, lmao. I wonder who called the POTUS's attention to the case so that he felt inclined to comment.

My reply:
Where the h3ll was de la Rionda when from day 1 Mr.Crump and associates were spreading lies across every newspaper?

My reply:
Too damn late for that IMO the ship has sailed on GZ being able to get a fair trial across the USA.This is a shame to put out the fires some had a need to set in order to amass $$$$$$$.No justice ,No peace should be changed to No conviction,No millions!

JMO No way in H3ll can GZ get a fair trial.All the witnesses changing stories at this time is just insane. If I were on the jury I would disregard all their statements except the very first 911 calls and interviews.IMO Vultures who want to make $$$$$$ off this case have poisoned witnesses,Mr.Crump should be in trouble for obstruction if it is found out he or his associates talked to the witnesses or their families.The way the races have divided IMO how can you believe the black witnesses who now change their stories and the black neighbors who had no problems with GZ when he was watching out for their safety till this shooting happened,why no calls about the racist then?.Are some putting pressure on any black witnesses to change their stories to help their cause? I really do not trust the DA's office why seal these records what are they hiding?Sorry not buying it.Too many have tried to circumvent justice and in this case it looks like they are getting away with it.If I were GZ I would take my chances and get out of the USA.Too bad he did not flee before he was arrested. I have always had a very high respect for our justice system but after FCA got away with out and out murder IMO and now this case our justice system is in critical condition and an utter failure.

I said early on what a travesty this has become. It would not surprise me to see this thrown out or not be able to use the witness's that have changed their story. It has become a joke to me.jmo

This is what someone truly frightened would do, IMO.

I doubt that. Even LE identifies themselves before they encounter someone for that specific reason. TM would have no reason to be frightened if GZ had asked him right away while on the phone with LE if TM was living there. Why didn't he, by-the-way????? It was the perfect opportunity to do so, so why didn't he?????? If his concerns were truly what was this kid doing out in the rain and is he up to no good, why didn't he??

When you carry a concealed weapon and your instructions are that if you intend to shoot someone you need to kill them the last thing you know you should be doing is getting out of your car to follow someone and risk a confrontation, much less contribute to it. That is exactly what GZ did. He actually created the situation that never needed to happen. Even LE agrees had GZ just stayed with his vehicle this would have never happened. jmo

I said early on what a travesty this has become. It would not surprise me to see this thrown out or not be able to use the witness's that have changed their story. It has become a joke to me.jmo

I agree 100% it has turned into a joke.

Obviously GZ didn't either. jmo

Let's not forget there is an ongoing investigation of the SPD regarding this case. Plus the threats on GZ's life, fear from the witnesses. I think the State will do what is in the best interest of GZ to get him a fair trial and to protect the witnesses who have had pressure put on them.

Complaints of LE pressuring witnesses to give their statements a different way than what they may have witnessed by LE are just the beginning of what we know about what went on in this case. We know there is an ongoing investigation of SPD which involves witnesses and GZ's statements. There could be a very valid reason for sealing them because they are related to another ongoing investigation.

The case is complicated because of these complaints. If MOM wants that information out there we will see it. If MOM agrees it should be sealed then I think he would know what is best for his client. jmo

I agree 100% it has turned into a joke.

But it's not, is it? Too many comments from "experts in their fields" about this case are causing a lot of the people to stay fired up. SA is saying to let them do their job. This is no longer an issue of GZ shooting TM, it's being blown into people taking this case personally in terms of whatever their issues are. Whether they were a victim in their past, a gun owner who fears his rights will be taken away, negative impressions we have about others without any basis, and on and on it goes, it's being expressed in rantings. Instead of discussing this case in logical terms people are becoming overheated about it as if they have to pick sides because of the players.

SA does not want to make this a race issue, that is for the FBI to determine. They want to try this case as they would any other. Another case would not be getting this type of exposure. Sealing may be the only way to keep this trial fair. It's not a matter of hiding, it's a matter of safety and what is fair to GZ and what is fair to TM's family. Our right to know should not interfer with justice. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member