Witnesses: Quotes, statements, interviews, testimony and video *No Discussion*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When she first heard Cooper was in a rear-facing seat, child advocate Janette Fennell of KidsAndCars.org said it made her believe the Harrises were extremely safety-conscious.
“Most parents think you do away with the rear-facing seats after their first birthday, but we now know that’s not the best approach,” Fennell said. In 2011, the American Academy of Pediatrics issued a policy statement advising parents to keep their toddlers in those seats until at least their second birthday for safety reasons.

http://www.news.com.au/world/justin...-died-in-hot-car/story-fndir2ev-1226983059847

Justin Ross Harris and his wife Leanna use to live in a quiet neighborhood in Moundville, just outside of Tuscaloosa.

About four years ago, Chris Wilkinson met Harris after hiring him to build a website for her business. Wilkinson said, “Very congenial nice guy, always very affable. He's kind of the last person I would've ever thought would hurt his child.”

The last time Wilkinson communicated with Harris was about 7 months ago via Facebook, about the website. Although their friendship wasn't the kind, where they talked every day, Wilkinson said she could tell he loved his son. “He was very prideful. You know, Cooper, 'Meet Cooper. Isn't he, that's my boy, isn't he great? That kind of dad, like you'd expect any father to be really. [He was] Just excited about having him, excited about showing him off. “

After watching Harris' bond hearing, Wilkinson doesn't know what to think. “My heart and head are saying 2 different things right now. You know nobody wants to think anybody would hurt a child whether you know them or not and then when you know that person and you think you know their character, it's completely baffling how this occurred.”

Wilkinson said the allegations about Harris texting several woman while his son was dying, is not the Ross Harris that she knows.

http://www.alabamas13.com/story/25989406/friend-of-justin-ross-harris-speaks-out

4183513_G.jpg

Stoddard stated that on the day of his son's death, Ross Harris was texting several women. One woman said that Ross "wanted to hook up." Several explicit pictures were sent, beginning in the morning and lasting throughout the day, according to Stoddard.

____

Stoddard testified that on June 5, one of the women texting Ross asked, "Do you have a conscience?" to which Harris replied, "Nope."

____

The detective said that when he told Harris he'd be charged with murder, Ross responded, "But there's no malicious intent."

____

When asked by the judge, the detective stated that it is believed Cooper had died by noon.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news...car-death-probable-cause-hearing-ga/12127859/

3:39 p.m. ET: The defense has called another witness to the stand, James Alex Hall. He works with Harris, the two went to college together and they also own a business together. Hall drove to lunch with Harris on the day his son died. When asked how Harris was acting that day: "I wouldn’t say abnormal in any way. I’d say normal as you can be. Nothing stuck out, nothing was weird."

3:41 p.m. ET: They bought light bulbs during lunch and Harris dropped them off at the car before returning to work.

“I drove as close as you would reasonably to drop somebody off at their car,” Hall said.

3:45 p.m. ET: “He said he loved his son all the time. He said his son was very important to him,” Hall said. The prosecution begins its cross-examination and asks Hall if he knew that Harris was sexting women all day. Hall says no.

"You don’t know everything about Mr. Harris, do you?" Hall shrugs.

View attachment 54792

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

Ross Harris was scheduled to meet friends for a 5 p.m. showing of the movie "22 Jump Street," according to Stoddard, but he told them he'd be late.

He left work at 4:16 p.m., and it would have taken him about 10 minutes to get to the theater, the detective said.

When Harris didn't show up 30 minutes into the movie, Hall stepped outside to contact him. Harris didn't respond to texts, and phone calls went straight to his voice mail, Hall said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/03/justice/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death/

one of the 6 women sexting Harris that day:

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. The first one, I won't use the user name, but I guess let me, for lack of a better term, the older one, did you speak with her?

STODDARD: I did.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And what did she say?

STODDARD: She stated that she had first met Ross, and she knew him as Ross, through Scout (ph), which is another messaging service. And that he had met up and that he wanted to hook up with her.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And did she talk to you and confirm the nature of what you saw on these chats back and forth?

STODDARD: Yes, she did.

The 2nd of 6 women, this is the underage girl:

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. Now, I'm going to turn your attention, was there also another girl that you met, and that you've spoken with?

STODDARD: I have.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And how old is that girl?

STODDARD: She is 17 at this time.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: How old was she when the defendant began these --

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Now the 16-year-old girl, were these chats of the -- or now 17, they started when she was 16.

STODDARD: Correct.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did these -- were these sexually involved as well?

STODDARD: They were.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. Did she send him a picture that day?

STODDARD: She did.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Of what?

STODDARD: She sent a picture of her exposed breasts.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And did he send any pictures to her?

STODDARD: He did. He sent a picture of his exposed erect penis.

The texts with the 6 women all day:

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I'm unclear as to the time frame. Do you have a --

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, I'll clear it up.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And so these messages and these chats, do they start in the morning?

STODDARD: They do.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. And did they continue throughout the day?

STODDARD: They do.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And when did they end?

STODDARD: Around 3:00 that afternoon.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So about an hour before he left.

STODDARD: Yes.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cnr.05.html

Another sext 2 weeks before CH's death:

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did he have chats regarding sexual activities with other women while his wife was sleeping and while his child was in the room somewhere?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did -- were there sex and text messages talking about the fact that his wife knew he had cheated on her before?

STODDARD: Yes, there were.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: With one of these people he was having a conversation with, did he talk about exposing himself while he's chatting and messaging this girl.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And was he sending pictures?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And did he admit to her that he was not alone while he was doing it?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: When she talked about him exposing himself to her on that and there being somebody else there, what did he say?

STODDARD: He said she -

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Is it one of the two we know about?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It's several other girls, judge.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is a different one. Thank you.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We don't even know if it's a girl. If it's just some person, have we identified them?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Well, would it be less relevant if it were a man?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I'll get back to you on that, judge.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And from looking at the contacts, detective, did you confirm via picture and name and was this a female?

STODDARD: The profile that she put online is that she was a female.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And in addition to that, we talked about fantasy and things like that. Did you confirm through texts and things like that that this was more than fantasy, that he'd actually met up for things?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And one of those occasions at Rope Mill (ph) Park in Cherokee County?

STODDARD: That is correct.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Detective, in that same -- on the 5th of June, he talks about being a guitar player with this girl. She asks him about cheating on his wife. Did she ask him a question about his conscience?

STODDARD: She did.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What did she ask him?

STODDARD: She asked -

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She is who?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She is this other girl he is sexting with.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And she does -

STODDARD: She says something to the fact of, do you have a conscience?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And what was his response?

STODDARD: Nope.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cnr.05.html

Harris' neighbors from previous years, including Keith Spencer, who said that the news of Cooper's death was upsetting.

"I know the people. Know where they come from. I know they’re not like that," he said. "But it was upsetting me. It was real upsetting that other people, they look at the fact that they think he, like, meant to do it and it just upsets you like that. They don’t look at the backside of it. They don’t look at like the good side of Justin at all. They just look at: Wow, he was texting other people. He left a baby in the car. Murder."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/11/justin-ross-harris-neighbors

Another neighbor, Abraham Burton, lived next to Harris and his wife for five years. He said that he used to barbeque with Harris, and that he remembers Leanna as very quiet.

"Ross was interning at Home Depot, and my wife worked there, so we talked about work a lot," Burton said. "Moving away from family, being on your own without support and taking care of a family could add stress to the marriage and possibly lead to something like this. Maybe Ross was on something."

Not "witnesses", but players in the case:

Maddox Kilgore
Local attorney Maddox Kilgore is representing Harris. Kilgore is a lifelong Marietta resident and a partner with Kilgore & Rodriguez. He earned an undergraduate degree at Emory University and a law degree from Samford University, and he was admitted to the Georgia Bar in January of 1995. Before going into private practice, Kilgore clerked for former Cobb County Superior Court Judge and current Georgia Supreme Court Justice Harris Hines. Kilgore was an assistant district attorney for six years before entering private practice. He is also the past president of the Marietta Schools Foundation.

Kilgore’s law partner, Carlos Rodriguez
He sat at the defense table next to Harris during last week’s hearing. Rodriguez grew up in Cobb and is a graduate of Marietta High School. His mother was a longtime guidance counselor at MHS. Rodriguez is a double Dawg, having graduated from UGA undergrad and law school, and he was admitted to the Georgia Bar in November 2010. He is also currently the youngest member of the Marietta Rotary Club.

Cobb County District Attorney Vic Reynolds
He was widely vilified on social media immediately after the initial arrest of Mr. Harris, has shown his office is proceeding professional and judicially. Reynolds is from the mill village in Rome, where his mother was the longtime circulation manager for the Rome News Tribune. He was a police officer for four years before attending Georgia State’s law school. Reynolds’s was an assistant district attorney in Fulton and in Cobb, then became Chief Magistrate in 1994. He left the bench in 1999 and practiced criminal defense law with Jimmy Berry until running successfully for Cobb’s district attorney in 2012. Political observers believe he could be a strong contender for attorney general should former Cobb County Chairman and current AG Sam Olens decide to run for governor in four years.

Chuck Boring and Jesse Evans
The assistant district attorneys arguing the case for the DA’s office. Boring is a senior assistant DA, and he is in the Crimes against Children Unit in the Cobb DA’s office. During the most recent hearing, Chuck was seen on TV questioning witnesses. Boring is from Griffin and graduated from Georgia Southern University before getting a law degree at Georgia State. He has been a prosecutor since 2001. Evans is the deputy chief assistant DA, and is the Homicide Major Crime prosecutor in Cobb. He grew up in Acworth and graduated from North Cobb High School. Evans earned undergraduate and law degrees from Mercer University. He’s been in the Cobb DA’s office since 2001 and is a Marietta Rotarian.

http://mdjonline.com/bookmark/25432433-Key-players-in-the-Justin-Ross-Harris-case

more from Ben McRae:

One friend of Justin, Ben McRae has known him for over 2 decades and was a groom in his wedding took to twitter “Thank you god Ross and Leanna didn’t have any more kids, I wish never helped them meet.” He went on, “I am ashamed I ever knew Ross Harris, it makes me vomit to see his face now. I loved you like family how did you get so sick man.”

http://stixs.in/father-in-hot-car-t...ss-harris-fired-from-his-job-wife-lawyers-up/

Male Day Care Worker:

This detail must be somewhere in the hearing, I have not found this information in any transcript, but then again we don't have a full transcript.

Post 396 here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?248989-LeAnna-(Mom)/page16

Sometime after 4:51pm:

After LH made that infamous statement about how 'Ross must have left him in the car' when she found out Cooper was not dropped off at daycare. She then asked a male daycare worker to ride with her to RH work place (Home Depot, Treehouse location). Once she got there LE told her what happened to CH.

Amazing work on this thread!
:tyou: tlcya for starting this for Cooper and for everyone's input and hard work
:yourock:

An fellow WSer posted that Salem recommended starting a thread re: the JVM and NG coverage of the case. Another WSer mentioned this thread. It wasn't tagged with Cooper's name (so I didn't find y'all in my initial search :blushing: )

Here's the link to the new thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250112

I'm going to start by bringing over the daily transcripts in reverse chronological order (newest to oldest) and include Dr. Drew).

Once I get to a computer, I'd like to link the HLN posts on this thread, if that's ok!

Not having access to the GD thread is making me feel a little (ok a LOT) lost. But where there's a will there's a way!

#JusticeForCooper

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a direct link to all of the WS threads regarding the Ross Harris case:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/fo...months-left-to-die-in-hot-car-on-June-18-2014

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I get an error message via tapatalk with that link, JG :blushing:

:tyou: for posting it, though! I'm hoping that the threads that don't contain Cooper's name will have "tags" added (you can edit tags at the bottom of the threads if you're accessing on the web). Then, he should come up on every thread when searched.

:)

:justice:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I get an error message via tapatalk with that link, JG :blushing:

:tyou: for posting it, though! I'm hoping that the threads that don't contain Cooper's name will have "tags" added (you can edit tags at the bottom of the threads if you're accessing on the web). Then, he should come up on every thread when searched.

:)

:justice:

Sounds good, I'll do that.

Here is a direct link to all of the WS threads regarding the Ross Harris case:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/fo...months-left-to-die-in-hot-car-on-June-18-2014

TY, JerseyGirl.

Another helpful tip, imo, is to create a bookmark in your browser to the CP/Settings page:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/usercp.php).

This is how I log into WS. It shows all the threads/forums that I'm subscribed to. Of course, this won't work if you just read & don't post to a thread/forum (to be automatically subscribed to it) or if you don't actively subscribe under Thread Tools. Also, if you like to see the home page (I don't), my "tip" won't work for you. Just my :twocents: :smile:

ETA: If you want to see the Home Page, you could always log into the main WS url and then click on Settings when you want to see just your subscribed threads and forums. Jmo.

Cathy Ferguson said it's hard to accept learning her neighbor, Ross Harris, took his toddler son to breakfast, and went back to his SUV before the little boy died in the back seat of a sweltering vehicle several hours later.

“It kind of changes your view on things, if that's the truth," Ferguson said.

Ferguson called Harris a friendly, helpful neighbor. He jumped her car once. She'd often see him leaving with son Cooper.

"Very nice, normal, mannered person. We'd see each passing, say hi,” Ferguson said.

She said the new information on the case has caused her to question her initial belief that the boy's death was accidental.

"An innocent child has lost his life because, I don’t know. I don't know what his thought process was. What was going on?" Ferguson said.

Ferguson told Regan she’d like to give her neighbor the benefit of the doubt.

“You can't imagine a parent would do to his baby?” Regan asked Ferguson.

"No, cause I have two sons,” Ferguson said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/warrant-father-who-left-child-hot-car-checked-vehi/ngR9s/

Male Day Care Worker:

This detail must be somewhere in the hearing, I have not found this information in any transcript, but then again we don't have a full transcript.

Post 396 here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?248989-LeAnna-(Mom)/page16

Sometime after 4:51pm:

After LH made that infamous statement about how 'Ross must have left him in the car' when she found out Cooper was not dropped off at daycare. She then asked a male daycare worker to ride with her to RH work place (Home Depot, Treehouse location). Once she got there LE told her what happened to CH.

I cannot find where this information is about the male coworker. I went to the hearing and listened:

Michelle, day care worker:

starts at 30:32

Once LH walked into the day care, she walked back into Cooper's classroom where she ran into Michelle who asked, "What are you doing here?". Leanna said, "I'm here to pick up Cooper" and, Ross never dropped Cooper off. She got really calm and was like, "I don't know what to do". They walked back out into the lobby and in front of several witnesses, all of a sudden she states, "Ross must have left him in the car!" They were like, "What?" Leanna said, "there is no other explanation, Ross must have left him in the car." They tried to console her and she was like, "No, there are a thousand reasons, he could have taken him to lunch or something, we don't know yet." Leanna was like, "No!".

(doesn't say anything about who or how she got to the treehouse - the police were already there).

At the treehouse, she showed no emotion when they notified her of Cooper's death. She made a statement, "this is my worst nightmare".

She then asked to see her husband.

While the officers were speaking to her, she either received or made a phone call from her mom ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9u--A2TwZg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member