Witnesses: Quotes, statements, interviews, testimony and video *No Discussion*

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOUND IT!

21:00 - part 2, probable cause hearing:

Leanna was accompanied by a male, TJ from LAA. First name is Terrell.

TJ stated he was at the front desk, Leanna came up there and stated that she couldn't find Cooper and that Ross must have left him in the car, he could be no other place.

TJ said there's a million places he could be, have you tried calling him? She said it's going straight to voice mail.

She said, "Can you come over with me to his work?"

They got in her car and drove over to the Treehouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff6SR0oHFQ8

Snipped by me :

I am not a total newbie but I don't understand the reason for all of these threads and not one general thread to discuss. Is it because there is not any real hard news coming out? If there is - what will happen? Will it have it's own thread? I cannot keep up and I don't know where everyone is.....sorry....not complaining but I'm lost too!!

This is what was posted about why it went away:

Yes, it is the norm. Once a forum is established the focus changes a bit on a case. It becomes more about sleuthing the details and less about general discussion. When there not a lot happening in a case, which is often once the alleged perp has been arrested, general discussion often turns to idle chit chat and bickering, requiring a lot of mod time.

Please feel free to take a look around our other forums and compare.

Thanks for asking,

Salem

Tyler Bryan met Harris at the University of Alabama.

Bryan says he can’t picture his friend having the heart to do anything to harm his son, “My daughter is a little over 2-years-old now and I have a 9-week-old son. When you look at both of them you think I would never do this. I would never, ever in a million years, you know, put myself in this position. But if you’re honest with yourself, then you realize that tragedies happen.”

http://wiat.com/2014/07/15/friend-of-ross-harris-speaks-out-on-the-man-they-knew/

Granted, this exclusive report is from the National Enquirer, but in this case the source is identified so it could be a real story:

Ross Harris, while being booked into county jail, chatted with other inmates as if nothing at all had happened! The revolting behavior was witnessed by Mark Wilson, 21, who sat next to Justin Harris, 33, for two hours in the Cobb County Jail booking room.

“There was no emotion whatsoever in his voice, attitude – anything,” said the Rome, Ga., college student. “There was just no sadness in how he was acting.”

Mark was unaware of the death of little Cooper when Harris strolled in and greeted the more than 30 inmates as if he had run into pals at a tavern. “The first words out of his mouth were, ‘What’s up guys?’ as if nothing had happened.” The dad’s upbeat demeanor was in sharp contrast to his dramatic, June 18 “What have I done!” meltdown after discovering he had left his son baking in his SUV.

Incredibly, while at the jailhouse processing center, Harris was so relaxed he took a 15-minute nap! Although Harris quickly became chummy with Mark, who’d been given a one-day sentence for DUI, he never revealed his alleged crime.

Eager to chat, Harris asked anyone within earshot, “So what are you in here for?” and demanded, “How long is this going to take?” When a film was interrupted for a jailhouse announcement, Harris muttered, “Now we can’t watch TV, I guess.”

It wasn’t until Mark arrived home the next morning that he read about Harris’ case. “It was shocking,” he said. Harris remains in jail without bond and faces murder and child cruelty charges. Added Mark, “I don’t see how a father in that situation could act completely normal just hours after it happened…I don’t think it was an accident!”

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/tru...s-jailhouse-video-interview-hot-car-death-dad

Mark Wilson wouldn't say much because he's under contract with the National Enquirer, but he did confirm the accuracy of the article and the quotes attributed to him.

MSM link: http://smyrna.11alive.com/news/news/1757642-ex-inmate-ross-harris-showed-no-emotion

Wilson added, "I just don't see how someone, a father, could act completely normal and calm in a situation like that, especially like two, three hours after the whole thing happened. It was a little weird."

1405553318000-Still0716-000042jpg.jpg

Copied over from another thread:

Tyler Bryan said he played little league sports and went to high school and college with Ross Harris, the man accused of killing his child.
Bryan said the man described in Harris' hearing is not the Ross Harris that he knew. In fact, both of their wives were pregnant with their first children at the same time.
“We laughed about how grown up we were. I was excited. He seemed very excited, you know so did she. She and my wife sort of compared their development I guess," he said.

http://www.alabamas13.com/story/260...is-leanna-harris-cooper-hot-car-death-toddler

Cooper was known for his wide eyes and sunny disposition.

"He was a little chatterbox sometimes," says a parishioner at Stonebridge Church, where the Harrises have attended services for the past two years. "He loved to talk to anyone, always with a huge smile on his face. He had every nursery worker wrapped around his little finger."

"We were shocked," says the church friend. "I'm still not sure that I believe everything they're saying about him, because they really seemed to love that boy."

If Leanna had her way, Cooper would not be an only child, according to the church friend, who says as recently as last winter, Leanna told her she wanted more kids.

"She told me that she wanted an even number of kids, so each kid would have someone to play with," says the friend. "She said that she ideally wanted two boys and two girls, but whatever happened would happen."

"I think it was in May when she told me that 'now is not the time for more kids,' " says the friend. "I didn't press her to find out what had changed."

Still, Leanna was an active volunteer in the church nursery.

"She was great with kids," says the friend. "She had a way with them. That's why this all comes as a surprise."

http://www.people.com/article/justin-ross-harris-double-life-death-son-cooper-leanna-toddler-hot-car

"He was socially awkward," says college friend Brett Wagner. "He was deep into chatting online, even back in college. He wasn't great around women in person, but he was pretty witty online."

Adds another college pal: "He always had a ton of computers, hard drives, all that, in his bedroom. He played online games and chatted with people all the time. That was his thing. But he was single when I knew him best. Single guys always use the web to find girls."

http://www.people.com/article/justin-ross-harris-double-life-death-son-cooper-leanna-toddler-hot-car

On a Friday morning in March 2012, Leanna Harris entered a medical office here and underwent an ultrasound to get a glimpse of the baby she and her husband would name Cooper. The grainy, black-and-white footage was uploaded three days later to the YouTube account belonging to her husband, Justin Ross Harris, with a gleeful caption: “First video known as Cooper!”

"They were waiting for the responsible time to have a baby and both wanted Cooper,” Julia Apodaca, a longtime friend of the couple who was a bridesmaid to Ms. Harris, said in an emailed response to written questions.

Cooper was born in August 2012, and the couple bombarded Ms. Apodaca, who lives in Alaska, with photographs and videos of the child. Ms. Harris would even forward Cooper’s daily day care email.

“All I saw from either of them was love for that little boy,” Ms. Apodaca said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/12/u...ruct-fathers-role-in-toddlers-death.html?_r=0

This is all of the information we know of about the day care, Leanna's timeline in relation to RH's at the scene, from Stoddard at the hearing, bits and pieces put together:

Earlier in the day RH receives an email from day care.

3:15 p.m. Ross messages Leanna "What time are you picking up my little buddy?"

4:04 p.m. Ross and Leanna have a phone conversation for a little over one minute.

At 4:51 p.m. LH walked into the day care, she walked back into Cooper's classroom where she ran into Michelle who asked, "What are you doing here?". Leanna said, "I'm here to pick up Cooper". ... said, "Ross never dropped Cooper off." Leanna got really calm and said, "I don't know what to do". They walked back out into the lobby and in front of several witnesses, all of a sudden she states, "Ross must have left him in the car!" TJ [Terrell] was at the front desk and they were like, "What?" Leanna said, "there is no other explanation, Ross must have left him in the car!" They tried to console her and said, "No, there are a thousand reasons, he could have taken him to lunch or something, we don't know yet." Leanna was like, "No!". TJ said, "Have you tried calling him?" She said, "it's going straight to voice mail." Then said, "Can you come over with me to his work?"

They got in her car and drove over to the Treehouse. Once she got there LE told her what happened to CH. She showed no emotion of Cooper's death, but said, "this is my worst nightmare".

While the officers were speaking to her, she either received or made a phone call from her mom, who screamed and cried loudly and asked her why she wasn't crying. Leanna Harris' reply was, "I must be in shock."

She then asked to see her husband.

Earlier in the funeral service at University Church of Christ, Harris called from the Cobb County Jail and addressed the crowd by speaker phone:

"Thank you for everything you've done for my boy," he said. "Good life. (Inaudible) No words to say. Just horrible. (Inaudible) I'm just sorry I can't be there."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/28/us/georgia-toddler-funeral/

“(Cooper) never did anything to anyone,” Harris said. “I’m just sorry I can’t be there.”

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20140628/NEWS/140629712

Michael Baygents, Ross Harris' brother:

“It’s been frustrating to see it portrayed the way it’s been by the police department,” said Baygents, a sergeant and an instructor for the Law Enforcement Academy in Tuscaloosa. “I’m very angry with them. I think they rushed to judgment. I think Stoddard rushed to judgment. I think he made a terrible mistake.”

He disputed several points of evidence:

The prosecution's suggestion that Harris and his wife, Leanna, had financial difficulties. Baygents has reviewed the couple's finances and says: "To say they were in financial trouble is just crazy."

The assertion that Harris might have killed his son to collect on two insurance policies, one for $25,000 and another for $2,000. “To think that he killed Cooper for $27,000 is a joke,” Baygents said.

The claim that Harris wanted to pursue a "child-free" life, based on his visit to a web page for childless people. “I know Ross," he said. "Cooper was his buddy. To see him portrayed as a terrible parent is just not right.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/ross-harris-brother-they-rushed-judgment/ngj3N/

Michael Baygents, Ross Harris' brother, himself a veteran cop, said he would never have imagined that a father could forget his son in a car - until Cooper died on June 18. “This is a strong topic — when a child dies inside a car,” he said. “I used to think, ‘Seriously, how could somebody do this?’ But knowing my brother and knowing how much he loved his son, I no longer think that.”

“That probable cause hearing was nothing but a character assassination,” Baygents said. “It was slinging mud at Ross. It was to vilify him in the media and the public and turn the tide of public opinion away from him. The stuff that’s been insinuated just isn’t true. The facts are the facts. Let them stand for what they are.”

Baygents also addressed Stoddard’s testimony about what happened when Leanna and Ross were put together in the same room after his arrest. Police, listening in on the conversation, heard Leanna ask her husband, “Did you say too much?” But this was not a marital conspiracy, Baygents said. “It was more along the line of, ‘What’s going on here? Are we in trouble or something?’ They were in a total state of shock. Their child was dead.”

Police have also said Leanna showed little emotion after learning Cooper was dead. They have recounted a phone call to her mother, in which the mother is heard to ask why Leanna is not more emotional. Baygents said that there are times when Leanna talks calmly and coherently about what happened. “But there have also been times when she’s on the floor in a fetal position calling out to God.”

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/loca...-its-own-story/ngh3p/#cc517495.3824555.735436

Taken from the "Timeline" thread:

04:23 First LE units arrive on scene. RH is allegedly on his cell phone at this time.

* Note: RH's phone shows calls to LH, Treehouse, Little Apron Academy. One is a 6-minute call.

???? EMT's arrive. CPR is suspended when Cooper is pronounced dead.

04:24 Lt. Farrell(sp?) approaches car, notes strong foul odor of death/decomposition, as do other LE.

* Note: Unit Commander at the Akers Mill scene was Lt. Farrell.(sp?) Witnesses at the Akers Mill scene were interviewed by Det. Raissi & Det. Murphy. Lead detective for the case is Phil Stoddard.

04:?? RH is instructed to get off the phone. He refuses, shouts “*advertiser censored** you” angrily at officer.

04:?? RH uncooperative. LE takes away RH's phone and detains him in back of LE vehicle.

04:45 LH is allegedly due to pick up Cooper at 4:45.

04:51 LH arrives at day care, learns Cooper not there; is calm. First remark is that RH left CH in car.

05:00 Start time for “22 Jump Street” @AMC Pkwy Pointe 15 Theater, where RH's friends are.

*Note: Address for theater: 3101 Cobb Pkwy, Atlanta GA, approx 0.3 mi from scene @Maddio's.

???? LH's repeated calls to RH go to vm; day care employee TJ accompanies her to Treehouse.

???? LE meets LH at Treehouse, tells her Cooper is dead. She says, “This was my worst nightmare.”

Does anyone think it's very odd that LE had dispatched to RH's place of employment less than one-hour of first arriving on the scene? I can't imagine they were there to get to his work computers that fast--IMO, things move a little slower than that, especially given the amount of chaos that was happening at Akers Mill. So, they go to the Treehouse, and so does LH. I just think that whole scenario is strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea