woman claims Karr confessed to her 5 years ago

Cypros said:
Do you mean his confession AFTER they tracked him down in Thailand and arrested him?? I'm saying, why are they after him NOW, when they had a taped confession by him 5 years ago? (assuming this woman is telling the truth) What is it that changed their opinion from him being a krank to possibly being the ral thing?

I was joshing. (still chuckling here)

Five years ago, the BPD still led the investigation, and all roads led to the Ramseys.

Zelda said:
worked for Ramsey? In Atlanta? Did he go with him to Boulder? How long did he work for him? Maybe he's the guy we should be looking at!
The Nate Karr I know went to college at SLU, has red hair and was a member of the Alpha Delta Gamma fraternity. it would be freaky if it's the same guy. I was friends with him my freshman and sophomore years.

tybee204 said:
If the FBI recorded her conversations with Karr they probably determined then that his story was false. If Nate Karr was a long time Ramsey employee I am certain that would have come out. I am also certain LE and the FBI know every person that was at the Ramsey Christmas party and I dont believe for a minute the Karr's were there. They both would have been under the umbrella of suspicion from day one.

One would think!

This lady said JMK and his brother went to the party. IF that's true and he got on with JBR as well as he said he did, maybe the brother noticed? Maybe the brother thought $$$ and saw that JMK could help him with it? Maybe the plan was to break in and kidnap (remove from house) but JMK couldn't help himself?

It might explain why it seems so disjointed? Now I don't even know where brother was and if he really worked for Ramsey, but I felt it was a bit strange that he hopped up and defended his brother's honor when they obviously weren't close. I'm not close to my brother and I definitely wouldn't say "I know he didn't do it" to anything. Sounds harsh, but when you live far away from a relative (even a sibling) that you're not emotionally close to, you cannot say what they did or did not do. If he did work for JR, maybe clearing JMK is clearing himself as well?

Who knows..we'll see when the evidence comes out, I guess.

Hmmm,again, geesh, LOl! I believe if these recordings are true, it's possible that he had read all of that on the net. You'd think he would have told her something that would have convinced the FBI back then he had inside info though. Assuming this is the guy. Looks like if she's telling the truth 5 yrs ago is BEFORE Tracey started corresponding with him, so if he had inside info after that "confession" to her, and if he didn't do this, then we know where he got his inside info from.

Could be true though!

Love_Mama said:
Same here, can't get the video.................DANG! I'm a MAC user with a
Safari browser, maybe that's why!

xxxoo
mama

And i'm a MAC user with a Safari browser too! no matter how many times i have tried to download the anti-christ's windows media player, it just won't and therfore i'm unable to watch this interview, unfortunately. :banghead:

Floh said:
And i'm a MAC user with a Safari browser too! no matter how many times i have tried to download the anti-christ's windows media player, it just won't and therfore i'm unable to watch this interview, unfortunately. :banghead:
agreed - could those of you who saw it, recap the gist of it and tell of what you think of the woman?
i have to say, it's pretty disgusting if she has been fantasizing about the murder too, then lying for attention --

LaMer said:
One would think!

When Elizabeth Smart's Father told LE that her little sister suddenly remembered who the kidnapper was, i.e., Brian David Mitchell, Salt Lack City PD filed that information in a circullar bun, for they knew it was Richard Ricci.

blonde1 said:
agreed - could those of you who saw it, recap the gist of it and tell of what you think of the woman?
i have to say, it's pretty disgusting if she has been fantasizing about the murder too, then lying for attention --
well....she was a few dentures short of a mouthful. And what she was saying that he said doesn't match the facts....like Karr and his bro were at the Ramsey home Christmas Day for a party before the Ramseys left to go to the Whites.....I think. OH! And Karr sat on the steps with JB and ate pineapple and showed her magic tricks.:rolleyes:

Wudge said:
When Elizabeth Smart's Father told LE that her little sister suddenly remembered who the kidnapper was, i.e., Brian David Mitchell, Salt Lack City PD filed that information in a circullar bun, for they knew it was Richard Ricci.
Right! That is why, I said, "one would think!" Doesn't mean they would eh?

Amster said:
well....she was a few dentures short of a mouthful. And what she was saying that he said doesn't match the facts....like Karr and his bro were at the Ramsey home Christmas Day for a party before the Ramseys left to go to the Whites.....I think. OH! And Karr sat on the steps with JB and ate pineapple and showed her magic tricks.:rolleyes:
right, and LE didn't think to question all attendees at the party, especially the guy that fed Jon Benet pineapple. What's wrong with this picture.

What "party" at the Ramsey house?? I missed that part.....I do remember an open house thingy for people to look at Christmas decor. And the party Christmas night at the Whites. Is Karr saying he and his bro were at the Whites party? Seems somebody would remember.....

The last comment in the video is the reporter saying the brother does not believe Karr's story. Certainly the brother should recall if HE (the brother) was at the party.

I believe Karr told the woman this, but it still doesn't make it true.

Amster said:
If she doesn't have the facts down, it's not her fault. she is just repeating what she heard from JMK.

I watched the video, expecting the women to seem like a whacko and was surprised that she seemed credible to me. By credible, I mean, I believe she had such conversations with JMK, and is reporting the details to the best of her recollection.

My 2 Cents....

Amster said:
What "party" at the Ramsey house?? I missed that part.....I do remember an open house thingy for people to look at Christmas decor. And the party Christmas night at the Whites. Is Karr saying he and his bro were at the Whites party? Seems somebody would remember.....

Days before Christmas, 1996, the Ramseys opened their home up for public viewing. Thousands of people used the occasion to view the inside of the Ramseys home.

Wudge said:
Days before Christmas, 1996, the Ramseys opened their home up for public viewing. Thousands of people used the occasion to view the inside of the Ramseys home.
Nice opportunity for those with ulterior motives! Hmmm

Here's a sort of transcription of what she's saying, I typed as much as I could as she was speaking: He knew JB bec brother worked for the Ramseys, he had his family on vacation there, went to the open house party, sat on the stairs with JB her, ate pineapple did magic tricks and got her confidence, then he went to a part of the house that really wasn't open to the public but no guards were there, so he went down and found a storm window in a part of the house unlikely to be checked later and unlocked it, and because he is a small man he knew he could get in there. He waited for everybody to leave then came back in and waited under the bed in the guest room. He waited for them to get home, heard mother read her a bedtime story, etc, then came out and went into her room. She was barely asleep and he woke her up and said her parents wanted her to come downstairs and she willingly went with him.

Wudge said:
Thousands?? days before Christmas?? and Jon Benet still had the pineapple in her system??

Buzzm1 said:
Thousands?? days before Christmas?? and Jon Benet still had the pineapple in her system??
Maybe there was pineapple at the open house/he found out she really liked it. That was the signifigance of the pineapple, he ate it with her before and so he fed it to her again when he came in that night. Does that make sense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back