Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only trying to make a joke that Michelle could really fill her quiver up real quick with eight in one fell swoop. That's all. My attempts at humor always fall flat. lol
LOL!!! I did't mean it that way, either!

I hope this isn't a welfare situation. 2 sets of twins is highly suggestive of other fertility treatment pregnancies or a strong multiple birth gene.

I don't think this is going to turn out to be a good situation.

The grandparents got into it with the media today, almost a physical altercation. the neighbors are NOT happy that media is camped out on their street.

I would really like to hear from her doctor. Not the neonatologist, but her OB/GYN.

I would really like to hear from her doctor. Not the neonatologist, but her OB/GYN.
They just had a press conference. The mom said ( in a statement read by one of the doctors) she will tell her story in her own time and to respect her privacy. Couple doctors spoke not sure who was who.I'll see if I can find out.

Just saw a video where the grandparents didn't want to go on video, but expressed that they are very overwhelmed, already, from taking care of the other 6. :(

Definitely no mention of a father...

I would like to know if she was on fertility drugs and if so why. Isn't there some kind of ethics against this? The woman had been pregnant 7 times before this.

I don't know how this woman is living or who's paying for all this but I have a feeling that that her folks are really going to be unhappy in a couple of days when they get an IOU instead of the welfare check for all those kids and mom. If some dr. fertilized this woman with 6 kids already, he should be tarred and feathered and run out of town. I hope the grandparents live through this nightmare and the poor 14 children have some sort of life and even survive.

I would like to know if she was on fertility drugs and if so why. Isn't there some kind of ethics against this? The woman had been pregnant 7 times before this.
well I think we know she was pregnant 5 times before with 2 sets of twins and one death.
I just hope this wasn't done for notoriety and a free ride. I was thinking what if the 2 sets of twins were attempts at this before but she only came up with twins each time?
Oh my gosh I hope not and I hope these babies stay happy and healthy. This was extremely risky and I have hard time believeing that a doctor would make fertiity treatments available to her if he knew how many kids she had.

There are just so many things at play here.

This is one to watch.

Just saw a video where the grandparents didn't want to go on video, but expressed that they are very overwhelmed, already, from taking care of the other 6. :(

Definitely no mention of a father...
Our new reported today that they almost got into a physical altercation with the media today they are camped out all over and tension is an understatement.

According to this article, the father is a contract worker who will be headed back to Iraq soon.
They have to have some money- fertility treatments of this nature are not cheap, $10 - $15 K on average. Unless they have really really good insurance.
So far, the family has asked for privacy - no mention of freebies anywhere I can see.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/01/30/mother.octuplets/index.html

Ok, here's what's bugging me. Will doctors implant embryos in a woman, as long as she's paying or could she have lied about having had 7 children (although that one passed away)?

This is just sick and wrong. She lives with her parents??? I'm very curious to get more info on this one.

I just read that this woman lives with her parents? Sorry but a woman that already has 6 kids and lives with her parents has NO business undergoing fertility treatments. If she has no money to live on her own and already has too many kids, she should not be undergoing fertility treatments. At this point I was wondering how in the heck she can afford IVF but I am wondering if she simply took fertility drugs and underwent IUI. She was majorly over stimulated?

This is sad and I'm windering if she did this for publicity. Sorry but a woman that has 6 kids already should not be treated for infertility.

This is a medical travesy and abusing medicine, IMO.

I can't even wrap my mind around this. Good grief! Jbean I hadn't heard about the run down house, but I didn't even know she lived with her parents in a small house either. Please keep up updated if you hear anymore scoop!

Ok, here's what's bugging me. Will doctors implant embryos in a woman, as long as she's paying or could she have lied about having had 7 children (although that one passed away)?

Exactly! Is there no code of ethics on who is a suitable candidate for fertility treatment. This seems extremely irresponsible.

The have confirmed there were treatments.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28927339

This article claims "Dr. Harold Henry said the woman was already pregnant when she came to Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center, and she was counseled on the option of aborting some of the fetuses. Doctors had been expecting only seven babies, but an eighth was born in the cesarean delivery." :eek:

WTH? She was already pregnant when she showed up? Who gave her the fertility treatment? What do her parents think? Who is the sperm donor? :waitasec:

Just FYI according to our local new no one has ever conceived 8 children naturally in history.
Their house is a run down mess and the new reporters here do not beleive there is a father involved.

Sounds like there will be alot of welfare and state subsidies coming their way. I bet that was this mother's intention. If they are living in a run down house, then how did this woman afford to pay for fertility drugs or IVF? My husband and I did one cycle of IVF and it was $10K. I find something VERY strange about this situation. Almost sounds like a commune or family just having baby after baby for state money and welfare. Now IF they have a HUGE house (and the man says no one will ever find them) kind of makes you wonder who makes the money, why do they own a huge house in the middle of nowhere and what makes them think no one will ever find them? Something is NOT RIGHT about this story if they have all these kids, live in a run down house, has 6 other kids and she lives with her parents. No way she can work. SO who is supporting them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500