WS Running Very Slow Today

I don't know if it is related to the server or not. But when I come to WS, everything below the banner (for Hampton Inn) is blank. I then have to refresh and everything else shows up. This happens everytime I go to new page too....causing me to have to refresh several times.

Continual load and lag problems the last several days, particularly these last two, lead me to hope WS has not returned to the bad old days of earlier this year when these were everyday issues. One can see the gaps if one looks at New Posts - delays of three minutes and above indicate others are having the same problems.

More than slow. Keep checking wesitedown...and it says WS is down

Again, following an alleviation of the issue, these last two days have seen an increase in load/lag matters, at least for now shorter in duration than earlier ones noted above.

Is anyone else having trouble with WS loading over the past two days?. It makes no diffference whether I'm logged in or not. :(

Is anyone else having trouble with WS loading over the past two days?. It makes no diffference whether I'm logged in or not. :(
Yes, its been very sluggish last couple of days. Almost feels like its going to completely stop at any moment.

Timed out twice now in short space of time and has been sluggish for days.

Yeah, right now its behaving very strangely, times out, just doesn't load at all or loads very very slowly.

What is sad is that this site ran famously well not that very long ago, coming back from months of poor performance and, in the period after what one might call "the visible strife," was just great. So it can be done. But this morning I've had to go elsewhere a half-dozen times as my favorite site gets stuck, times out, etc. None of the other sites I visit - and these include large and active sports forums and so on - manifest to any comparable degree this issue. When it comes to tech I'm an absolute zero so I have no idea what might be wrong. But I know I join with many others in, in all good faith and sincerity, hoping for a solution. A site this cool, with so many great and dedicated posters, ought to run well.

I wish there were funds to address that kimster. I know its hard on staff continuing to deal with the issues caused by running a site of this size on a server that is not equipped for the volume of traffic.

:(

I wish there were funds to address that kimster. I know its hard on staff continuing to deal with the issues caused by running a site of this size on a server that is not equipped for the volume of traffic.

:(

Thanks tlcya! The funds are there - it's more complicated than that, I'm afraid.

was working on things this morning. Hopefully the band aids don't fall off for awhile and we can enjoy smooth sailing. :)

Thanks for working hard to keep it running.. Hope someone is keeping fed and caffeinated!

Please bear in mind that has been volunteering his time here for years. He has a demanding career and a family. He is not able to drop everything for us all the time, but he has done just that more times than I can count.

:hero:

I'll keep Ad in my thoughts over the next few days then as he performs triage and does his thing til this can be more permanently addressed.

I appreciate all of the staff who volunteer so much of their time and energy to Websleuths.

Thanks guys

Please bear in mind that has been volunteering his time here for years. He has a demanding career and a family. He is not able to drop everything for us all the time, but he has done just that more times than I can count.

:hero:

It is amazing the work he does here! We all appreciate it!! Thanks !!

What is sad is that this site ran famously well not that very long ago, coming back from months of poor performance and, in the period after what one might call "the visible strife," was just great. So it can be done. But this morning I've had to go elsewhere a half-dozen times as my favorite site gets stuck, times out, etc. None of the other sites I visit - and these include large and active sports forums and so on - manifest to any comparable degree this issue. When it comes to tech I'm an absolute zero so I have no idea what might be wrong. But I know I join with many others in, in all good faith and sincerity, hoping for a solution. A site this cool, with so many great and dedicated posters, ought to run well.

ditto

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back