WS Running Very Slow Today

Please bear in mind that has been volunteering his time here for years. He has a demanding career and a family. He is not able to drop everything for us all the time, but he has done just that more times than I can count.

:hero:

is my hero for various reasons! He can fix anything, but it is usually his fault when anything is broken around here to begin with! We were told years ago that it's okay to blame him because he's a man. (j/k, )

:loveyou:

*Thank you for all of your hard work, Kimster. You are deeply appreciated also!

:loveyou:

Noting a good deal of fits and starts and starts and stops today.

Anyone have this problem on an ipad? Put a couple of letters in the search box for a thread, and it just disappears as though you never entered anything. Then when search terms are entered again, it goes straight to the threads.

Mr Z actually will know the answer to this question, but it's far less painful to ask my fellow sleuthers, who aren't so likely to manage to drag Bob flipping Dylan into the answer somehow. :)

Anyone have this problem on an ipad? Put a couple of letters in the search box for a thread, and it just disappears as though you never entered anything. Then when search terms are entered again, it goes straight to the threads.

Mr Z actually will know the answer to this question, but it's far less painful to ask my fellow sleuthers, who aren't so likely to manage to drag Bob flipping Dylan into the answer somehow. :)
Early one morning the sun was shining,
I was laying in bed,
Wondering if I should search
The search box for a thread.

(apologies to zwiebel and Mr Bobby Dylan's 'Tangled Up in Blue')

I'm still having a lot of trouble loading. :banghead:

Yes, it has been bad for weeks and weeks.

*has some spare server hardware I could donate...really.*

The problem is that our server is too small.

I really do have somewhat elderly but solid Dell power edge rack-mount server hardware I could donate. It's sitting retired in my server room. I assume there's a couple of things that could be going wrong--server (or PC) is too old/weak; site the servers are located do not have a large enough "pipe" to the internet (speed limit too low, or total bandwidth used each month a problem). Additionally, due to the subject matter of the site, I suspect you all suffer from the occasional denial of service attacks.

Since I don't have the information on what the bottleneck really is (hardware is maxed out, internet connexion is maxed out, site is being DDoS'd?), etc, I can't help much, but if you'd like me try to help please PM me with some basics.

Thank you all so much for your offers and concerns! The money and the product are not the problem. It's the time and scheduling that are what we're working on currently.

Me again :blushing:

This time it's not the server but was wondering if anyone with an iPad has game popups suddenly appear in the middle of posting. Actually just today I had one from Expedia

Anyone else having the same issue ?

The second row of smilies is not working for the past couple of days.

Me again :blushing:

This time it's not the server but was wondering if anyone with an iPad has game popups suddenly appear in the middle of posting. Actually just today I had one from Expedia

Anyone else having the same issue ?

I wish it was just games popping up on mine. This has been a problem with safari browser on ipads and if you just google the question, how do I stop pop ups on an ipad, the solutions are there.

Is anyone else having problems with not being able to open up threads? I couldn't get websleuths.com to load at first, now it will load but I can't open up certain threads.

Is anyone else having problems with not being able to open up threads? I couldn't get websleuths.com to load at first, now it will load but I can't open up certain threads.

I'm constantly having to wait and wait for the page to turn after I click something, some days are worse than others but yeah its quite annoying. I think its time for a intervention or something IDK maybe a fundraiser for some new servers or software, whatever it takes, we need an up-grade. It would be good to have the comments appear in real time like some of the more modern websites have instead of having to refresh, I can dream can't I?

I actually lost a post the other day due to timing out - unexpected in a savvy old veteran of the scene such as myself.

Screen is continually locking beneath the banner advertisement. Have to refresh multiple times or leave the site and try again. :banghead:

Screen is continually locking beneath the banner advertisement. Have to refresh multiple times or leave the site and try again. :banghead:

arggg it is maddening. I just got back on after a several hours break and I'm still experiencing what you are BDE. And it is ssssslow loading pages.

For the past few days I've noticed the pages lag only when the AT.T cell phone ads are at the top of the page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back