GUILTY WV - Ericka Brown, 16, Kanawha County, 9 August 2014

Every time I read the sentence "with a man she met online" in any missing persons case my heart stops.

Prayers for Ericka's safety. I just hate cases like this. :(

bbm

Exactly, Kaylynn -- I wonder whether she's already deceased, or is she already in a van with 10 other girls on their way to an airport somewhere to Miami, Hong Kong, or wherever...

"with a man she met online"
-- are there any words scarier than these???

she looks so young. This is scary.

No idea about this case, but sometimes young people decide that life is not good at home -- and it may not be -- so they decide to get away from it with someone who will "look out for them and make things better" -- I can't say more than this, but to say, I worry, and I pray, and I shudder.

Video at link:

http://www.wowktv.com/story/2627606...g-for-missing-16-year-old-kanawha-county-girl

At the end of the video, the reporter says the family had been seeing a white Chevy truck with a Marine Corps emblem on the back around their neighborhhood prior to Ericka's disappearance.

from the article:

Shy, quiet, a sweet girl... all words that her family said describes 16-year-old Ericka Brown. I asked, "You look like you're hurting pretty badly right now," directed toward the father of Ericka. He replied, "Oh, it's killing me. She was my baby girl."

bbm

Oh, my -- let's don't start thinking this yet, please, no "was." --- "Is," I say, "IS." Her poor family. Worry & pray & hope. What more have they besides each other right now?? I hope LE in all its forms are all over everything. It is true, I believe -- The first 48 hours are critical to life & death. Another version of The Golden Hour(s) -- it's true in a bad accident or injury, and it's true with this.

this was a fear of mine...

It is good if she is a run away in that there is a greater chance of her being found alive....

but.. It is so hard to find a teen when she/he does not want to be found....

:sigh:

bbm

Ummm, you're so right, NOCLUE -- all he or she has to do is get in the car that has pulled over to answer their asking for a ride... And then comes the crapshoot game for his or her life -- taken to LE or to some other safe place, or taken for "a ride." Bad odds, too, I'd say....

Brown is about 5-feet, 1-inch tall and weighs about 100 pounds, Snuffer said. She has long sandy-blonde hair. -

By Sunday, Ericka's mom walked in her home, and she was gone. Ericka is your typical teenage girl. She loves the Internet, and that's what's worrying her family.

They believe she may be with an older man in his 30s or 40s, who she met online. Brown said, "I think somebody's got her and I think it's against her will. I wish they'd let her go."

http://www.wowktv.com/story/2627606...g-for-missing-16-year-old-kanawha-county-girl

Attachments

• ebrown.jpg
    ebrown.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 740
Such a beautiful girl.
The thing about these online predators ( I'll just call him that until proven otherwise ) is that the PERP knows he's committing a crime, even if the young girl does not. So say she goes willingly thinking she just wants a break from her family or thinking shes' in love with this creep or whatever. Now a few days in, she realizes this is not what she envisioned and wants to go back. At this point, the perp has a big dilemma on his hands. He cannot let her ' just go' back without fear of arrest.
Ugh, the internet has brought a whole new and unheard of level of crime to the world.

Her father can't describe how this past week has been for him; words fall short.

"They're off the chart," said David. "I'm thinking everything."

While rumors have circled surrounding possible company, one thing is for certain; the Kanawha County Sheriff's Department believes she is in danger.

That's why her family is searching day and night across at least five counties.

"Gas stations, stores; driving around at night time hoping we catch sight of her," said David.

What's worse is this isn't the family's second time of clinging to faith. The first came with Erica's brother a few years ago.

"We almost lost him in a house fire," said David. "He was in Shriner's Hospital for four months."

Now, they're praying for another miracle, longing to all be together once again.

"Erica; mom, me, your brother and sister and the family want you to come home. We're missing you bad girl," said David.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Teen-Missing-from-Poca-Since-Sunday-Night--271164231.html

The man in the car identified himself as Xavier Freeman, but police say they don't think this is his real name.

He had a New York ID and said he was from Bluefield, West Virginia.

http://www.thenewscenter.tv/home/headlines/Prostitution-Ring-Bust-270485791.html

UPDATE: Authorities Determine Identity of Man Charged With Human Trafficking, Prostitution

This is in the news here too..Kids don't see the danger.

I guess I'm not current as I thought . Who is this man ^^

Schmae, I'm not sure they have identified him yet. Arrested but under a false name.I wonder who he is connected to in the Bluefield Area if anyone.

I WAS WRONG!! they did identify

http://www.thenewscenter.tv/home/headlines/Prostitution-Ring-Bust-270485791.html

He first told police he was Xavier Freeman.

Authorities now say his name is James Walker.

A very realistic looking ID he showed the police now turns out to be fake.

In court for the first time Thursday morning, he requested an attorney, postponing the rest of the preliminary hearing.

"We identified him through their facial recognition program, the state of Pennsylvania. And looking at the pictures and some of the other characteristics about Mr. Walker's face. Fairly confident, still waiting on the fingerprint information from the FBI to confirm," says Detective Ryan Huffman, with the Marietta Police Departmen

I guess I'm not current as I thought . Who is this man ^^

I think that WVWoman is pointing out that there are sex traffickers working in that area. It may have nothing at all to do with this case, and probably doesn't. Those are known prostitutes running around with that guy.

I'm curious what this young girl was in the hospital for. They keep alluding to it as if it has something to do with her up and disappearing. Maybe they admitted her for drug or alcohol abuse, possibly a mental evaluation of some kind, and when she got out she was none too happy about it.
It seems as though it may very well have something to do with her state of mind and this whole situation.

She's mad at Mom and Dad, meets some sympathetic stranger online, and runs off with him. (That'll show 'em !!)

Little does Mr. White Knight realize that he's got one foot on a banana peel and the other foot above a bear trap.

I think this is a run-away situation. Whether or not she is being held against her will is left to be seen.

Ok, got you . Tks ! Glad they got this one !

Thanks Steelman that's exactly what I mean these girls meet these "friends" on the internet and think because they say all the right things its safe to go with them when in reality its not.

Anymore news on Ericka? What a pretty young girl. I'm sure LE will be checking any PC she may have to look at internet activity.
I wonder what was missing from home? Did she take some things with her? Her phone?
Had she just came back home from the hospital.

Praying she is found safe and we'll x

I have some info from FB, but I'm not sure what can be shared.

UPDATE: Search Continues for 16-year-old One Week After Disappearance

Erica disappeared from her home in Cross Lanes last Sunday night.

Her father can't describe how this past week has been for him; words fall short.

"They're off the chart," said David. "I'm thinking everything."

While rumors have circled surrounding possible company, one thing is for certain; the Kanawha County Sheriff's Department believes she is in danger.

That's why her family is searching day and night across at least five counties.

"Gas stations, stores; driving around at night time hoping we catch sight of her," said David.

What's worse is this isn't the family's second time of clinging to faith. The first came with Erica's brother a few years ago.

"We almost lost him in a house fire," said David. "He was in Shriner's Hospital for four months."

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/Teen-Missing-from-Poca-Since-Sunday-Night--271164231.html

According to the Help Find Ericka Brown FB page she is still missing and they have no information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back