www.ramseyfamily.com

january.gif

January 30, 1997 The following is a transcript of the opening of segment of "Dateline NBC" aired Tuesday night, January 28, 1997. It is presented here by permission and is copyrighted by NBC. Any use of this material must credit NBC. It is offered here simply as a convenience to members of the news media who've expressed interest in it, and we will have no comment on the substance of the interview.
SHOW: Dateline NBC
DATE: January 28, 1997
PROFILER
Announcer: From Studio 3B in Rockefeller Center, here is Jane Pauley.
JANE PAULEY: Good evening. In just a few minutes we'll have the latest on today's developments at the O.J. Simpson trial, and we'll hear, for the first time, what O.J. Simpson said during the Bronco chase. But first, an exclusive inside look into the investigation into the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. It comes from the man who helped invent the technique of criminal profiling. He's been brought into the case to create a profile of the person who murdered JonBenet. Now, more than a month since her murder, police have little new to say about the case, but this former FBI agent does. Here's Chris Hansen with tonight's DATELINE Exclusive.
Mr. JOHN DOUGLAS: I sat down across the table from some of the country's greatest liars--in the world, really--and I can sense it and if things just did not fit. The crime scene data just doesn't--doesn't fit.
CHRIS HANSEN reporting: (Voiceover) John Douglas, the pioneer of criminal personality profiling, is offering the first insiders view into the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation. Douglas was called into the case, not by police, but by lawyers retained by the little girl's parents.
(Hansen and Douglas; JonBenet; JonBenet's parents)
HANSEN: Why did they hire you?
Mr. DOUGLAS: They hired me to, basically, do an independent analysis in hopes of determining who was responsible for the death of the daughter. And I said, `I will give you an independent analysis, but you may not like what I have to say.'
HANSEN: And that's because when he arrived here in Boulder he immediately suspected the Ramseys. Although Douglas was limited by authorities on what evidence he could see, he was allowed in the house. He was briefed on the autopsy report, and he saw a photocopy of the so-called ransom note. And most importantly he was given access to the Ramseys and experience told him, `Look very closely at the parents.'
(Voiceover) Mr. Douglas' 25 years of groundbreaking criminal profiling research with the FBI led to important breaks in dozens of major cases. He studied and interviewed scores of serial killers. He accurately profiled the Unabomber suspect years ago, and he was the inspiration for the character of agent Jack Crawford in the film "The Silence of the Lambs." Douglas' new book, "Journey Into Darkness," was written before JonBenet Ramsey was murdered, but for him, the Ramsey case was like so many others. He first focused on the victim.
(FBI Academy; Douglas driving; scene from "Silence of the Lambs"; book; photo of JonBenet)
DOUGLAS: When you look at the victim you ask yourself the question, `Why was this victim the victim of a violent crime?' This is a low-risk victim--I mean, killed in her home, taken from her bed, and disposed of--placed in the--in the cellar.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) The basic facts of the case are well known. Six-year-old JonBenet Ramsey was put to bed around 9:00 Christmas night. The next morning her mother, Patsy, says she finds a ransom note and discovers that JonBenet is missing. Hours later the father, John Ramsey, finds his daughter strangled in the basement of efforts the house.
(JonBenet singing; Ramsey house)
Mr. DOUGLAS: Generally speaking, when--when you do have homicides perpetrated in a residents the primary suspects will always and should be family.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) Although the Boulder Police Department is releasing no information about the investigation, Douglas says it was clear to him that the Ramseys were the chief suspects when he arrived. So, for Douglas, it was critically important to interview the parents.
(Police department; Ramseys talking to bishop)
HANSEN: How much time did you spend talking to Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey?
Mr. DOUGLAS: About four or five hours.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) For Douglas, that interview, two weeks after JonBenet was found murdered would prove to be crucial in forming his opinions, because he knew that whoever committed the crime had to have intimate knowledge of the Ramseys' million dollar home.
(Douglas; Ramsey house)
Mr. DOUGLAS: I was really surprised when I--when I went in the house, because it is and so compartmentalized. There's 15 rooms.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) The parents' bedroom is on the third floor. From there, two staircases lead down to the four bedrooms on the second floor where JonBenet and her nine-year-old brother were sleeping.
(Inside Ramsey home)
Mr. DOUGLAS: What s--struck me as really unusual is that--is that the--the bedrooms--the family's, mother and father's bedrooms were so far away on that third floor that even if you weren't a sound sleeper, to have difficulty hearing any noise on the second floor, because it is so far removed.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) The Ramseys told Douglas that they all went to bed very early Christmas night, because they were planning to fly to their other home in Michigan the next morning.
(Ramsey home)
Mr. DOUGLAS: Mr. Ramsey gets up, takes a. The mother gets up to go downstairs to make some coffee. Goes down the st--spiral staircase. The last step, there's three pages of the letter, starts reading it, doesn't know what it is, then--and then she starts screaming. And Mr. Ramsey comes down, and--and, you know, the instructions are, don't contact the FBI, don't contact the police.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) But the police are called. They search the house, but don't check a small basement room. Hours later a distraught John Ramsey goes to the basement and discovers his daughter's body.
(Ramsey home)
Mr. DOUGLAS: And everyone hears him screaming upstairs, `My God, my baby!' And--and grabs the child, removes the duct tape, and then carries the child up stairs where they're trying to resuscitate the--the child.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) The Ramseys described to Douglas the horrific details of what they said happened in those next few frantic moments.
(Ramsey home)
Mr. DOUGLAS: It was a real emotional scene as for the family putting a child down in front of the Christmas tree as they're trying to, you know, rub the shower skin, the body is--the body is cold. And ever--the mother is hysterical, the father's hysterical, the minister's there, and the neighbors are running in and out. And so there really isn't a crime scene.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) The crime scene and JonBenet's body were now contaminated by the family's desperate to help the little girl. But Douglas says the parents' story contains important clues.
(Police carrying body away)
Mr. DOUGLAS: Generally, if a parent kills the child they don't want to be the one to find the child. If they do search, say, in a--in a residence, they'll get someone else to say, `OK, Frank, you check this room, I'll be over here checking the other room.' The other thing you look at is how the child is left. When--when parents kill, they usually place the child in a very, very peaceful type of look to it. They--they stage the crime scene.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) Douglas says JonBenet was brutalized, that she had duct tape on her mouth. She suffered severe head wounds. And she was strangled and sexually assaulted.
(Police taking body away)
HANSEN: Let me read you a passage from your book. As horrible unnatural as it is to contemplate, parents do kill their children for a variety of reasons, and normally when they do so they report them missing or abducted, leaving a staged scene.
Mr. DOUGLAS: Right.
HANSEN: Isn't it possible that that very passage could apply to this case?
Mr. DOUGLAS: I didn't see staging there by--by parents. II've never seen where they put a ligature around a child's neck or have duct tape over the face and--and left in that--in that condition. I just--I just haven't--haven't seen that at all.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) And Douglas says the interview with the parents, which lasted more than four hours, was what ultimately turned him around.
(Ramseys)
Mr. DOUGLAS: While I'm looking at this--this--this man, Mr. Ramsey, `. Ramsey, if you did it you are one hell of a liar. You--you are one hell of a liar if you did it. And you're putting on a great production here.' But I just don't believe, in my heart, he did this--and not just in my heart, from what--from the analysis of the--of the scene.
HANSEN: But you're being paid by the Ramsey family?
Mr. DOUGLAS: Right. You can pay me for my time, but you're not going to pay for my opinion or pay for my--or jeopardize my reputation.
HANSEN: Are you convinced, based upon your experience, that the parents were not involved in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey?
Mr. DOUGLAS: What I've seen and experienced, I--I say they were not involved.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) But if that's the case, it raises more questions. So far, the parents have yet to give a formal interview to investigators.
(Crime scene)
HANSEN: Your child is killed and you're not going to talk to police?
Mr. DOUGLAS: They did talk to the police the day the child was--was murdered, or located and--and discovered to be murdered. They did do the interview. They did give the--the hair evidence and blood evidence.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) Douglas says the Ramseys told him they felt they were the chief suspects, especially after Boulder officials assured the public that there was no killer on the loose.
(Press conference)
Mr. DOUGLAS: What they were saying was, `We got the people, they're the Ramseys. We got them.' So I would have gotten an--wazzu attorneys to represent me, and they did the right thing.
HANSEN: Did you advise the Ramseys not to take a polygraph?
Mr. DOUGLAS: Right. I--I advised the--the attorneys that they should not be polygraphed; maybe later on, but not at this point in time. It's too close. They're still going through a lot of mourning.
HANSEN: If Douglas feels that the Ramseys are not suspects, though, then who is? Douglas told DATELINE that the three-page note left on a staircase inside the Ramseys' home is the key piece of evidence. Douglas feels the note was written as an afterthought, and that the ransom figure mentioned is an extremely important clue.
The so-called ransom note that was left at the Ramseys' home, demands $118,000. And we now know that $118,000 is the amount of the bonus John Ramsey was expecting this year. What does that say to you?
Mr. DOUGLAS: Well, who has this knowledge? The wife didn't have the knowledge. She doesn't know anything about that. This is money that's electronically placed in his 401(k) at the end of the--at the end of the year. So, to me, it's kind of like the manifesto and the Unabomber. It begins to tell me more about the person who's responsible. This person has very unique, intimate knowledge about his--his financial workings. Therefore, the person would have to be somehow related to his--his employment.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) Mr. Ramsey knew about the bonus, it had been deposited into his account months before. But Douglas thinks the ransom note and the murder could be the work of an angry ex-employee. The note has raised many questions, but Douglas doesn't see much importance in reports that there was evidence of a practice note in the home, possibly in a woman's handwriting. But Douglas does think that from all he's been told by the Ramseys and others, it's important there was no sign of forced entry and that the killer had to be bold enough to take JonBenet from her bedroom, and then go down two flights of stairs, and risk getting cornered in the basement.
(Outside of Ramseys' home; people entering home; outside)
Mr. DOUGLAS: This tells me this is again a certain breed of cat, a high-risk type of an offender. But to Mr. Ramsey, it--it--it is somebody who he knows, he knows very, very well, and the anger and aggression is directed at him more so than--than--than the wife.
HANSEN: But if somebody is so mad at John Ramsey, why not kill John Ramsey? Why go after and strangle and apparently sexually assault a six-year-old girl?
Mr. DOUGLAS: Because if they're following the press and what's going on in Boulder, there's been a lot of publicity that the child is a precious possession of the Ramseys, and what better way to get back at the Ramseys is--is to kill that child.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) Douglas says he has provided a much more detailed profile of possible suspects to Boulder police who have been working with the FBI. Today, Boulder police spokesman Kelvin McNeal confirmed the department received Douglas' information, but said detectives are not ready to say if it has influenced their investigation.
(Douglas; Boulder police station: McNeal talking with Hansen)
Mr. KELVIN McNEAL: This is a murder investigation, and it is important that our investigating remain extremely focused, and that focus is on finding out who's responsible and securing a successful prosecution.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) But Douglas remains focused on a piece of evidence that continues to haunt him--the three-page note apparently left by the killer.
(Hansen and Douglas walking at night)
Mr. DOUGLAS: Again, I am very prejudiced because of the amount of money, the 118,000. Is that just a--a fluke, is that--is that just luck that they picked that money--that--that amount of money? I don't think so.
PAULEY: John Douglas believes that going public with as much information as possible is the best way to solve this kind of case. When Douglas was still with the FBI, he once had investigators put up a billboard with a copy of a ransom note. He says, within hours, someone recognized the handwriting, and police arrested a suspect.
Announcer: This is DATELINE Tuesday for January 28th, with reports tonight from Sara James and Chris Hansen. Still ahead: the O.J. Simpson civil trial goes to the jurors, and their job won't be easy.
January 18, 1997 The following statement was issued on January 18, 1997 by Patrick Korten on behalf of the Ramsey family:
Following is the text of a letter that was sent by Attorney William R. Gray, a partner in the firm of Purvis, Gray, Schuetze & Gordon, on behalf of John and Patsy Ramsey, to Michael Kahane, General Counsel for Globe Communications Corporation. The letter was transmitted to the Globe by fax on Wednesday, January 15, 1997. It represents the only statement we will be issuing on this matter.

Dear Mr. Kahane:
It has come to my attention that Globe Communications Corp. may intend to publish one or more stories and photographs of JonBenet Ramsey in beauty pageants with the utterly unsubstantiated conclusion that the photographs provide proof that JonBenet Ramsey was the victim of child abuse.
Your publication is already aware that a review of medical records of JonBenet Ramsey completely refute this suggestion, that pediatric consultations show no history of child abuse, and nothing in your possession provides any basis whatsoever for a conclusion that JonBenet Ramsey was the victim of child abuse at any time prior to December 26, 1996. Spokespersons for the District Attorneys office in Boulder, Colorado have publicly stated they are unaware of any evidence whatsoever of a history of child abuse, which conclusion was reached following comprehensive review of medical records and photographs of this child.
Publication of such clearly erroneous statements in the face of overwhelming proof to the contrary is clearly libelous and in reckless disregard of the truth, for which punitive damages are appropriate.
Please heed the overwhelming information demonstrating conclusively the falseness of the assertions you appear poised to make, and spare the remaining family members the utterly undeserved turmoil, pain, and humiliation which such baseless accusations will produce.
Very truly yours,

William R. Gray
January 11, 1997 "The ghoulish publication of these photographs by the Globe is beneath contempt. It is a callous act that poses a grave threat to the integrity of the criminal investigation of JonBenet's murder, and it has caused unimaginable pain to the family. In publishing these photos, the editors of the Globe have shown themselves to be jackals, not journalists. We call upon all other media to decline to republish or televise these photos out of consideration for the Ramsey family. Our attorneys have been directed to pursue all available avenues of legal recourse."
[SIZE=-1]- Statement made by Pat Korten[/SIZE]
January 9, 1997 "We appreciate Chief Koby's acknowledgement that the family has cooperated with this investigation, and deeply appreciate his sensitivity to their loss. We share his views on the threat to the integrity of this investigation that results from the intense media coverage of the case. We also share his views concerning the need to protect sensitive details that could adversely affect the successful prosecution of the case. Most of all, he is absolutely correct to state that careless speculation is harmful to the investigation and devastating to the family." [SIZE=-1]- Statement made by Pat Korten[/SIZE]

Advertisement/Flier (August 24, 1997)

YOUR CALL MAY HELP US

The Ramsey family investigators believe that the phraseology used in the ransom note suggests the murderer of JonBen�t Ramsey is fascinated with techno-crime movies. The murderer may have obsessively watched movies such as these and then used terminology from them. The story lines from the following movies parallel some of the circumstances of JonBen�t's murder.

[SIZE=+1]DIRTY HARRY[/SIZE]
Story Lines
  • Specified denomination of bills
  • Specified type of container for delivery of the ransom
  • The delivery of the ransom requires extreme physical exertion
  • The kidnapper employs counter-surveillance
Phrases
  • "If I even think you're being followed, the girl dies."
  • "If you talk to anyone, I don't care if it's a Pekinese pissing against a lamppost, the girl dies."
  • "... that's the end of the game. The girl dies."
  • "Now listen to me carefully."
  • "Now listen. Listen very carefully."
  • "It sounds like you had a good rest. You'll need it."

[SIZE=+1]RANSOM[SIZE=+0]

Story Lines
  • The delivery of the ransom requires extreme physical exertion
  • The child is bound with his hands placed above his head
  • Duct tape is used on the child
  • The child's parent is a wealthy businessman
Phrases
  • "Do not involve the police or the FBI. If you do, I will kill him."
  • "Do not inform the media or I will kill him."
  • "No tracking devices in the money or the cases or I will kill him."

[SIZE=+1]SPEED[/SIZE]

Story Lines
Phrases
  • "You know that I'm on top of you. Do not attempt to grow a brain."

If you know someone who obsessively watches movies such as these, frequently quotes phrases from action movies or exhibits any of the pre- and post-crime behaviors such as:
  • Made a point to establish an alibi
  • Experienced an increase in alcohol or drug consumption
  • Experienced depression
  • Experienced conflict with a female or family member
  • Closely followed media accounts of the crime
[SIZE=+2]PLEASE CALL
(303) 443-3535[/SIZE]
Paid for by The JonBen�t Ramsey Children's Foundation. Boulder, Colorado.

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I have a 7 week old baby girl, and when I saw the picture of her as a baby....well, it made me cry..

Oh, bless your heart, Ames. Give your baby girl a hug for me, OK?
JonBenet was a beautiful baby. Have you ever seen the photos of her as a baby and toddler in the Ramsey's book? Her naturally looking photos are the only part of the entire worth keeping.

Advertisement/Flier (August 17, 1997)

WILL YOU HELP US?

We continue to honor our agreement with law enforcement authorities and, therefore, we are not publishing any actual verbiage of the ransom note. We can tell you that phrasing used in the ransom note suggests that the murder of JonBen�t was planned in advance. JonBen�t's killer appears to be obsessed with techno-crime movies and phrases from them. For example:
DIRTY HARRY
  • "If I even think you're being followed, the girl dies."
  • "If you talk to anyone, I don't care if it's a Pekinese pissing against a lamppost, the girl dies."
  • "... that's the end of the game. The girl dies."
  • "Now listen to me carefully."
  • "Now listen. Listen very carefully."
  • "It sounds like you had a good rest. You'll need it."
RANSOM

• "Do not involve the police or the FBI. If you do, I will kill him."
  • "Do not inform the media or I will kill him."
  • "No tracking devices in the money or the cases or I will kill him."
SPEED

• "You know that I'm on top of you. Do not attempt to grow a brain."
The killer appears to have compulsively watched, studied and quoted from movies such as these. If you know someone who obsessively watches these movies, uses these phrases or exhibits any of the pre- or post-crime behaviors such as:

• Made a point to establish an alibi
  • Experienced an increase in alcohol or drug consumption
  • Experienced depression
  • Experienced conflict with a female or family member
  • Closely followed media accounts of the crime
<B>PLEASE CALL <B>
<B>(303) 443-3535

Advertisement (August 10, 1997)

THIS AD IS FOR ONE PERSON

You may be close to the killer of JonBenet Ramsey without realizing it. Many others have already called our tip-line. We appreciate those calls and are following up on a number of viable leads. You may have missed our earlier ads, describing possible behaviors of the killer and a few distinctive letters taken from the ransom note.

Your call may be the one we need.
This week, we had hoped to release handwritten words and phrases from the ransom note. Law enforcement authorities have asked us not to release any words or phrases from the note at this time because they believe it might reveal information known only to the killer. We are honoring their request.
Here are the post-crime behaviors possibly exhibited by the killer which others have recognized and reported:
  • Established an obvious alibi
  • Increased alcohol or drug consumption
  • Experienced depression
  • Appeared very cooperative with authorities
  • Closely monitored media accounts of the crime
  • Appeared extremely rigid, nervous and preoccupied during general conversation
Does anyone you know write the following letters this way?

letters810.gif
[SIZE=-1]Larger version of letters[/SIZE]

You may have knowledge of a seemingly small fact that is important in solving this crime. The Department of Justice reports that in 40% of these sorts of cases, people witnessed some aspect of the crime without even realizing it.

[SIZE=+2]PLEASE CALL[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2](303) 443-3535[/SIZE]
Paid for by the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation.
Boulder, Colorado.

Advertisement/Flier (August 3, 1997)

DO YOU RECOGNIZE THIS HANDWRITING?

These letters are from the note left behind by the killer of JonBen&#65533;t Ramsey. We understand that a positive identification of handwriting cannot be made from these limited samples, but we are hopeful that the writing samples you provide might assist us.

letters.jpg
[SIZE=-1]Larger version of letters[/SIZE]

Does this handwriting look familiar? Did the person whose handwriting this resembles display any of the pre- or post-crime characteristics? Prior to the murder, did he perhaps experience:

• Conflict with a female
  • Conflict with family
  • Financial stress
  • Marital problems
  • Legal problems
  • Employment problems
Did the person whose writing this resembles suffer a traumatic event, such as the break-up of a relationship, loss of a job, or some other disruption in his life that could have triggered violent behavior?
After the crime, did the person whose writing may resemble these samples:

• Establish an obvious alibi
  • Increase his alcohol or drug consumption
  • Experience depression
  • Appear very cooperative with the authorities
  • Find a legitimate reason to leave the area days or weeks after the crime
  • Suddenly become religious
  • Suffer insomnia
  • Closely monitor media accounts of the crime
  • Appear extremely rigid, nervous and preoccupied during general conversation
If you know someone who forms their letters like the ones from the above samples and you remember that person experiencing some of the pre- post-crime characters,
[SIZE=+2]PLEASE CALL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2](303) 443-3535[/SIZE]
Paid for by the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation.
Boulder, Colorado.

Advertisement (July 27, 1997)

An Open Letter From John and Patsy Ramsey
We want to thank everyone who has shown concern for our family during this terribly difficult time. We also want to thank in advance everyone who reads this letter, and especially anyone who may be able to assist in identifying the killer of our daughter, JonBen&#65533;t.
It has been over six months since JonBen&#65533;t was murdered. We are devastated by our loss and by the fact that JonBen&#65533;t's killer has not yet been apprehended. Sensing our frustration, our attorneys have assembled a team of investigators and experts whose sole mission is to find JonBen&#65533;t's killer. Our investigators are taking a new approach to their search.
Please read the following carefully. You may be able to help us.
First, the experts tell us the killer is no stranger to our family or to our home.
Second, the killer displayed certain characteristics both before and after the murder. Our experts say that no one characteristic points to the killer, but that we must look to the totality of his behavior.
Prior to the crime, the killer was likely to have exhibited certain behaviors. Perhaps you know someone who was experiencing one of the following shortly before JonBen&#65533;t was murdered:
  • Conflict with a female
  • Conflict with family
  • Financial stress
  • Marital problems
  • Legal problems
  • Employment problems
Did that person then suffer a traumatic event, such as the break-up of an important relationship, loss of a job, or some other disruption in his life that could have triggered violent behavior? Did that person express hostility and anger at either of us or our family? Was he depressed, perhaps using drugs or alcohol?

After JonBen&#65533;t's murder, the killer would have, once again, been likely to have behaved in certain ways. Keeping in mind the pre-crime behaviors, did that person perhaps also:

• [*]Establish an obvious alibi
    [*]Appear very cooperative with the authorities
    [*]Closely monitor media accounts of the crime
    [*]Appear extremely rigid, nervous and preoccupied during general conversation
    [*]Find a legitimate reason to leave the area days or weeks after the crime, perhaps saying it was work-related or personal travel
    [*]Suddenly become religious
    [*]Increase his alcohol or drug consumption
    [*]Experience depression
    [*]Suffer insomnia
Do you know anyone who has exhibited these behaviors? Can you recall any unusual occurrences around the time of our daughter's murder? Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated. Please call us even if you are not sure your information will be useful. Information which may seem insignificant to you, may be the clue we need to solve this crime. Please call our tipline at (303) 443-3535.

We are grateful for any help you can provide.
John and Patsy Ramsey

Flier (July 27, 1997)

DO YOU KNOW THIS MAN?

[SIZE=+2]JonBenet's Killer??[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]THE RAMSEY FAMILY'S PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS ARE SEARCHING FOR THE KILLER OF JONBENET RAMSEY.[/SIZE]

YOU MAY KNOW HIM

HE IS SOMEONE WHO MAY HAVE PREVIOUSLY VISITED THE RAMSEY HOME PERHAPS AS A GUEST, AND MAY EVEN HAVE CONSIDERED HIMSELF TO BE A FRIEND OF THE FAMILY.
HE MAY HAVE HAD A CRISIS SUCH AS A JOB LOSS OR BROKEN RELATIONSHIP LATE LAST YEAR. HE COULD HAVE BECOME HOSTILE TOWARDS WOMEN. HE ALSO MAY HAVE EXPRESSED PERSONAL ANGER AT JOHN RAMSEY.
AFTER JONBENET'S MURDER HE HAS POSSIBLY INCREASED HIS CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS. IT IS DIFFICULT TO HAVE A CASUAL CONVERSATION WITH HIM BECAUSE HE IS RIGID, PRE-OCCUPIED AND NERVOUS. HE HAS LIKELY TAKEN SEVERAL TRIPS OUT OF TOWN TO RELIEVE THE STRESS OF LIVING NEAR THE SCENE OF THE CRIME.

Oh, bless your heart, Ames. Give your baby girl a hug for me, OK?
JonBenet was a beautiful baby. Have you ever seen the photos of her as a baby and toddler in the Ramsey's book? Her naturally looking photos are the only part of the entire worth keeping.

I sure will!!

Yes, JB was a beautiful baby. I have seen photos of her...she was precious.

I would have LOVED to see someone reply to the R's query about the handwrting...
"Do you know someone whose handwiting looks like this?"

"YES! Patsy Ramsey".

I would have LOVED to see someone reply to the R's query about the handwrting...
"Do you know someone whose handwiting looks like this?"

"YES! Patsy Ramsey".

LOL..yeah, I agree.

Something that really stand out in John Ramsey's statements and some of the other statements are there is a killer not killer's. Not one mention of a small group or even intruders! Imagine that, he must have some inside information no one else had, also he doesn't mention that this might be a foreigner.

STATEMENT OF JOHN RAMSEY
On December 25th, my daughter, JonBen&#65533;t, was brutally murdered by an intruder who came into our home while we slept.
As a parent, there is no greater hurt in life than the loss of a child. I can tell you that to lose our youngest child in such a vile and brutal manner is a hurt beyond what any human being could be expected to endure.
The person who did this crime is an evil person beyond imagination. He must be brought to justice and prevented from stopping the life of another young child who offers so much to the future of our world.
Over the past seven months, I have grown increasingly frustrated with some of the investigating authorities who have limited their investigation into the murder of my daughter, JonBen&#65533;t Ramsey, to me and members of my family.
We all became aware that we would be investigated as a matter of routine procedure and have refrained from commenting on their work as we had also expected that they would work past us and get on with the investigation into who killed JonBen&#65533;t.
I am not confident this has happened. Therefore, today I am announcing an escalation in my own efforts to find the murderer of JonBen&#65533;t. Prominent experts in the fields of criminology, handwriting and language forensics have developed a profile of the probable behavior of JonBen&#65533;t's killer before and after the crime. Highly qualified handwriting analysis experts have developed a template for our investigators to use in comparing key features of handwriting samples against the note.
Based on tips received from our previous advertisements and other fieldwork, our investigators are looking into solid leads. While we are limited in our work because we do not have access to the forensic information and do not have police powers to search and test, we do have the advantage of knowing that no one in our family is responsible for JonBen&#65533;t's death and we can evaluate information without prejudice.
We will begin a series of newspaper ads and fliers to alert people to the elements of the behavioral profile and ask them to contact our investigators at (303) 443-3535 with information about persons who might fit the profile. If someone has a handwriting sample of a person they believe might fit the profile, our investigators would also like to see that as well.
The profile provided to me suggests the following:

• JonBen&#65533;t's killer may have been suffering from some stress in the weeks and months preceding the crime;
  • A triggering event, such as a job crisis or crisis in a personal relationship may have caused this individual to vent anger, perhaps at a female close to him, or perhaps at me personally;
  • Since the murder, this individual may rabidly read news reports of the investigation, listen to talk radio shows oriented to coverage of the murder;
  • He possibly has increased his consumption of alcohol or drugs;
  • He may have even turned to religion;
  • He may be rigid, nervous and preoccupied in casual conversation;
  • He may have tried to appear very cooperative with the authorities if he was contacted during the course of the police investigation;
  • He may have quickly constructed an alibi for his whereabouts the night JonBen&#65533;t was killed and may have repeated it several times to key individuals around him as if rehearsing them in the answer;
  • The killer is someone who may have previously been in my home.

Something that really stand out in John Ramsey's statements and some of the other statements are there is a killer not killer's. Not one mention of a small group or even intruders! Imagine that, he must have some inside information no one else had, also he doesn't mention that this might be a foreigner.

STATEMENT OF JOHN RAMSEY
On December 25th, my daughter, JonBen&#65533;t, was brutally murdered by an intruder who came into our home while we slept.
As a parent, there is no greater hurt in life than the loss of a child. I can tell you that to lose our youngest child in such a vile and brutal manner is a hurt beyond what any human being could be expected to endure.
The person who did this crime is an evil person beyond imagination. He must be brought to justice and prevented from stopping the life of another young child who offers so much to the future of our world.
Over the past seven months, I have grown increasingly frustrated with some of the investigating authorities who have limited their investigation into the murder of my daughter, JonBen&#65533;t Ramsey, to me and members of my family.
We all became aware that we would be investigated as a matter of routine procedure and have refrained from commenting on their work as we had also expected that they would work past us and get on with the investigation into who killed JonBen&#65533;t.
I am not confident this has happened. Therefore, today I am announcing an escalation in my own efforts to find the murderer of JonBen&#65533;t. Prominent experts in the fields of criminology, handwriting and language forensics have developed a profile of the probable behavior of JonBen&#65533;t's killer before and after the crime. Highly qualified handwriting analysis experts have developed a template for our investigators to use in comparing key features of handwriting samples against the note.
Based on tips received from our previous advertisements and other fieldwork, our investigators are looking into solid leads. While we are limited in our work because we do not have access to the forensic information and do not have police powers to search and test, we do have the advantage of knowing that no one in our family is responsible for JonBen&#65533;t's death and we can evaluate information without prejudice.
We will begin a series of newspaper ads and fliers to alert people to the elements of the behavioral profile and ask them to contact our investigators at (303) 443-3535 with information about persons who might fit the profile. If someone has a handwriting sample of a person they believe might fit the profile, our investigators would also like to see that as well.
The profile provided to me suggests the following:
  • JonBen&#65533;t's killer may have been suffering from some stress in the weeks and months preceding the crime;
  • A triggering event, such as a job crisis or crisis in a personal relationship may have caused this individual to vent anger, perhaps at a female close to him, or perhaps at me personally;
  • Since the murder, this individual may rabidly read news reports of the investigation, listen to talk radio shows oriented to coverage of the murder;
  • He possibly has increased his consumption of alcohol or drugs;
  • He may have even turned to religion;
  • He may be rigid, nervous and preoccupied in casual conversation;
  • He may have tried to appear very cooperative with the authorities if he was contacted during the course of the police investigation;
  • He may have quickly constructed an alibi for his whereabouts the night JonBen&#65533;t was killed and may have repeated it several times to key individuals around him as if rehearsing them in the answer;
  • The killer is someone who may have previously been in my home.

Very good observation. How does John KNOW that it was ONE person. Because, IMO...he KNOWS who that ONE person is.......Patsy Ramsey.

PR also made a statement about the "killers". That she knew there were 2 people involved- the killer and the person the killer confided in. (her words).
So what happened to that "small foreign faction"? That must have been a REALLY small foreign faction- a SFF of ONE!
And how did PR know the killer confided in ANY one at all?
Because the killer (herself) DID confide in someone- her husband!

Did anyone on the RST not realize how ridiculous statements like that made the Rs look? To say you know there was "a killer", or to say there were "2 people" who know what happened implies that you know who they are- else how could you know there was just a single killer and a single confidant?
And the Rs or their "big guns" (lawyers and Lockheed) NEVER ONCE mentioned a "small foreign faction" again. Nor did they involve government forces (like the FBI or CIA) to investigate if there WERE such a faction.

PR also made a statement about the "killers". That she knew there were 2 people involved- the killer and the person the killer confided in. (her words).
So what happened to that "small foreign faction"? That must have been a REALLY small foreign faction- a SFF of ONE!

Did anyone on the RST not realize how ridiculous statements like that made the Rs look? To say you know there was "a killer", or to say there were "2 people" who know what happened implies that you know who they are- else how could you know there was just a single killer and a single confidant?
And the Rs or their "big guns" (lawyers and Lockheed) NEVER ONCE mentioned a "small foreign faction" again. Nor did they involve government forces (like the FBI or CIA) to investigate if there WERE such a faction.

Yep, so Patsy said that there was only ONE killer too.

So, yes...a small foreign faction of ONE...so small, that it was really nonexistant.

Statements such as this..and then John saying that he believes that a woman wrote the RN...is just two things that make me know that they are guilty of murdering their own child.

Did anyone on the RST not realize how ridiculous statements like that made the Rs look?

John practically s**t himself at that one!

I remember almost falling out of my chair when reading that comment by Patsy's for the first time, and my thoughts were exactly the same as yours, DeeDee. "Hey, Patsy what about the Small Foreign Faction?" According to the ransom note, there were more people involved.
In John's place, I probably would have fainted when hearing Patsy speak about the killer confiding in one person (= in him!) - oh, how Patsy gave herself away there!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back