Resolved WY - Sheridan Co, "I-90 Jane Doe", WhtFem 16-21, 390UFWY, shirt w/fancy buttons, Apr'92 - NamUs removed

Just a tip for people copying exclusion lists: if you look at the column headers on the Namus page, there's a little up arrow-down arrow box that will let you sort on that column. You can alphabetize it by last name or sort by state, date, or whatever makes sense.

Hello, I'm new to this and am unsure where you take the exclusion lists from, but from what has been posted above, I didn't see a comparison made to:

Kimberly Kelly Pecina, Female, White / Caucasian
Missing Person / NamUs #MP60969
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Donna Jean Mezo, Female, White / Caucasian
Missing Person / NamUs #MP6401
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The second one's name had been mentioned previously here, but I didn't find it as excluded yet. The first might be a more likely candidate, as disappearance occurred in March and the distance is not that great, especially for a trucker.

Her (alleged) killer has been arrested!

Who Was Sheridan Co. Jane Doe?

The Wyoming Division of Criminal investigation, a statewide law enforcement agency, has announced the arrest of a 59 year old Iowa Man on a cold case murder investigation dating back to Wyoming in the early 90s.

Agents with the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and Investigators with the 22nd Judicial District Attorney’s office of Tennessee arrested Clark Perry Baldwin, age 59, of Waterloo, Iowa for the death of “1-90 Jane Doe”, “Bitter Creek Betty” and
Pamela McCall.

The arrest was made in Waterloo, Iowa at Baldwin’s residence.

Baldwin is being charged in Wyoming with First Degree Murder in two Wyoming cases that DCI identified as “I-90 Jane Doe,” out of Sheridan County, and “Bitter Creek Betty,” out of Sweetwater County.

Additionally, Baldwin is being charged in Tennessee with two counts of First Degree murder in the 1991 death of Pamela McCall and her unborn fetus.

https://oilcity.news/crime/2020/05/06/wyoming-dci-arrests-suspect-in-bitter-creek-betty-and-i-90-jane-doe-homicides/

Investigators submitted evidence recovered in 1991 to the TBI Crime Laboratory for DNA analysis. That analysis resulted in the development of a full DNA profile of a white male. After the sample was submitted to the CODIS DNA database, it resulted in a mtch to DNA recovered at two unsolved homicides in Wyoming in March and April of 1992. Both of those homicides were similar in nature to McCall's with a truck driver possibly being the suspect.

Within the last two to three months, investigators were able to retrieve items from Iowa that contained possible DNA samples from Baldwin. Subsequent analysis established that the DNA left at all three murder scenes was that of Baldwin.

Baldwin was arrested at his Iowa home. He will be expedited to Tennessee. He was also charged with two murders in Wyoming and will face those charges after those in Tennessee are resolved.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/maury_county/arrest-made-in-1991-spring-hill-murder-case/article_d85d1316-8fcf-11ea-b50e-a72ca44b0859.html

I'm hoping even if he doesn't know their names, he can provide information regarding where he picked them up. I'm sad that he was found before their names were discovered.
I was thinking more of the Jane Does being picked up for a DNA genealogy programme and being identified that way as a part of building up the case against Baldwin. I have a sneaking suspicion that he might be connected to other murders, as well.

I was thinking more of the Jane Does being picked up for a DNA genealogy programme and being identified that way as a part of building up the case against Baldwin. I have a sneaking suspicion that he might be connected to other murders, as well.

Yeah, it seems unlikely that he would kill three women and then just stop...

I just can’t get over how similar the facial reconstruction is to Martha. DNA is in for both so I don’t understand why it’s taking so long to rule it in or out

Sweetwater Jane Doe's killing was particularly brutal. I wouldn't be surprised if he had killed prior to these 1991/1992 murders too.

He was accused of crimes related to an abduction of a Kansas woman in 1991, in Wheeler County, TX. Not many details yet, looks like the charges were thrown out, but at any rate he divorced in '90 in Iowa, then ended up in Springfield, MO, at some point thereafter.

I-44 goes right through Springfield, MO, and leads to I-40 in western OK, on the west side of Oklahoma City.

Trucker from Iowa charged in 1990s slayings of 3 women

Let your minds run wild with this one. I wonder if this guy ever made it to CA, we already know he was in WY. If he was working for Marten back that far, he could have been making runs all the way to the west coast. I-40 goes through a lot of states. We already know, too, he made regular runs on I-80 and I-90 in the northern tier of the country.

The Spring Hill, TN, and WY cases of his bear an eerie resemblance to this one:

IN - IN - Lebanon, WhtFem UP10749, 17-40, off I-65, 'Mom' & 'Love' tats, May'92

Same interstate (I-65) that runs through Spring Hill, same type of interchange. Similar MO.

JMO

Wow! Such a break! I'm confident that this case will be solved, i remember that they changed Sheridan's COD from beating to undetermined, hopefully he'll provide more details to the police

I just can’t get over how similar the facial reconstruction is to Martha. DNA is in for both so I don’t understand why it’s taking so long to rule it in or out

If they've been working on tracking down the killer, it's an active case and they are unlikely to release that information to the public even if they have it. Maybe now that there's an arrest.

The fellow with the beard, perhaps.

Rhonda Knutson

I noticed too! The description of his semi-truck fits Tamara's person of interest, it'd be a matter of time until he releases all the info. Hope the families get resolution and justice on the following months.

The fellow with the beard, perhaps.

Rhonda Knutson

1992-9-11-CRG-Fri-knutson-seek-suspects.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member