CA CA - Crystal Tymich, 6, Los Angeles, 30 June 1994

Bless you guys and I pray for God to give you the wisdom to find this Precious little girl. She is always in my heart!

"Newman's daughter, Crystal Tymich, has been missing since June 30. Police and the FBI are scouring the city to find the 6-year-old. There has been one large-scale sweep of the South-Central Los Angeles neighborhood where Crystal disappeared, and police may search that area again or bring in a psychic to try to find Crystal.

The City Council is posting a $10,000 reward for her return.

Crystal grew up in South-Central but now splits time between her mother's home in Santa Monica and her father's in the Hyde Park district near Inglewood. The day she disappeared, she was near her father's home, playing with her three brothers, ages 12, 10 and 8, in the 6000 block of Bryhurst Avenue. The brothers were riding on bicycles ahead of her, and when they turned around to look back about 2 p.m., Crystal was gone. "

This gives slightly more details about her home life at the time. I suspect that she was threatening to run away due to her parents splitting up. I imagine she was going through big changes at the time but I don't think she was a runaway. There seems to be no preparation process and a little girl like that would surely come home if she could when she got hungry and tired.

My three older brothers hated having me tag along, which made me a bit of a loner. I think the boys were too young for such a huge responsibility. I'm wondering if the owner of the peach tree saw the children throwing the peaches and I'm imagining they wouldn't have been too happy about it & I wonder if the neighbour had words with the kids, if so, is that why the boys ran off & leave little Crystal alone?
I'm wondering if the female minister had drug, alcohol or AA meetings at her home too?? Just thinking out loud guys.
I'm amazed that there are women being found all across the world who have been abducted as children. It gives slight hope for Crystal & Maddy McCann.

According to the FB page linked above the bones were "fish, cow and dog." Not what you'd expect to find in crawl space...

The house was previously owned by a woman preacher. What would she be doing with fish dog and cow bones in her crawl space. Maybe she had eaten the fish and the cow but don't know about the dog. The preacher it was reported would take children into her house. I wonder whether LE ever investigated her.

The animal bones could have been in the crawl space since before the lady moved in.

Some questions I have that I want to look into:

Were the bones buried or just sitting on top of the dirt in the crawl space?

How old were the bones and what condition were they in?

(My first house, built in the 50s, and the house I'm living in now were both built on former farm land. In the farm field nearest to us now, the farmer tills cow bones into the ground. Some of the pieces are pretty big including a whole jaw bone with some teeth.)

Could the bones could be from something like that, a housing development built on former farm property, and no one even knew the bones were there, until someone went missing and they started digging?

What kind of reverend or minister was the woman? Is it possible that she used animal bones in religious ceremonies?

Crystal was a beautiful child. I agree that the information should match. To narrow down the time and place Crystal was last seen, is it possible to hypnotize the grown brothers to see if they could recall a man or a vehicle around Crystal before she disappeared?

These cases don't just haunt the family, they haunt communities. So much has changed because of children like Crystal. Families don't let young siblings babysit their younger brothers and sisters. They are not emotionally or physically capable. It's not fair to them if something goes wrong. I hope the two brothers understand this. They were not responsible. They had children's minds.

The house was previously owned by a woman preacher. What would she be doing with fish dog and cow bones in her crawl space. Maybe she had eaten the fish and the cow but don't know about the dog. The preacher it was reported would take children into her house. I wonder whether LE ever investigated her.

Is it possible this preacher was the leader of a cult? Perhaps practicing black magic rather than Christianity? This would explain the cow, dog, and fish bones

Wow, this case got a lot more attention than I remembered. It was on AMW. I too would like to know if there were any sex offenders living in the area. Also wonder if it was a drifter like Joseph Duncan. I know he was paroled in 1994 so I don't think he would have been in the area but someone like him. There have been serial killers who wander in and grabbed children before wander back out. I hate even saying that! But then again, she could be alive too. Maybe she doesn't even know her name. I wish we knew more!

I have noticed that there is a picture on several sites where she is wearing the clothes she had on the day she went missing. It looks like it could be taken by a semi professional photographer as the background looks like a professional photo background. She is sitting with her hand on her knee and legs apart so you can see her crotch. She is completely dressed and to most people it is an innocent photo but to pedophile maybe it could be provocative ?

My thought was - perhaps the photographer was a little excited by her/ taking the photo. He sees her outside, alone and wearing the clothes from the photo, which gets him excited, and takes advantage of the opportunity. Or am I reading too much into this one picture?

You can find it here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tymich_crystal.html. You just have to scroll down.

a slightly larger one is on the Facebook page with photos from 2011
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss...557607480?id=324100557607480&sk=photos_stream

I have noticed that there is a picture on several sites where she is wearing the clothes she had on the day she went missing. It looks like it could be taken by a semi professional photographer as the background looks like a professional photo background. She is sitting with her hand on her knee and legs apart so you can see her crotch. She is completely dressed and to most people it is an innocent photo but to pedophile maybe it could be provocative ?

My thought was - perhaps the photographer was a little excited by her/ taking the photo. He sees her outside, alone and wearing the clothes from the photo, which gets him excited, and takes advantage of the opportunity. Or am I reading too much into this one picture?

You can find it here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tymich_crystal.html. You just have to scroll down.

a slightly larger one is on the Facebook page with photos from 2011
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss...557607480?id=324100557607480&sk=photos_stream

I thought the same, if it was a professional photo, would the photographer been paid and given the address to mail.

I thought the same, if it was a professional photo, would the photographer been paid and given the address to mail.

Yes, especially back then in the era of film. It would have taken a while for the film to be developed and he would have to notify the family when the pictures were ready

Could the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman about two weeks before Crystal's disappearance, also in Los Angeles, explain why the case got such little media attention? The bronco chase happened on June 17, OJ was arrested on June 20. I would have to think that the local media (and of course national too) was completely obsessed with the OJ saga to pay any attention to Crystal's case.

So this is a minor thing, but I think the brother's recollection is off. He says that he and his siblings were called in to watch "The Lion King" but that movie came out on June 15th, 1994 in theatres and wasn't released on VHS until 1995. I was in 4th grade in '94 and was obsessed with that movie and saw it many times at the theatre, so that part stuck out to me and I just now double checked and googled the release dates.

So....that doesn't really help anything, sorry. Just wanted to mention that!

Wow first time I ever heard this case. What a precious little one.

I agree the pose in the photo triggers alerts.
And, I think the brothers know more but took some childhood pact they are holding on to.

It's not so far-fetched to think that perhaps the brothers are the culprits. We've seen that be the case many times....

New to the site, but have been lurking for a while. :)

This is a long shot, but I can't help but feel this young lady resembles Crystal so much. Some of the details don't match up - such as this young lady is possibly mixed race and black hair - but could any of that have to do with her being in the water for so long? She looks a lot like the aged photos of Crystal and the ages match up as well.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2872

So this is a minor thing, but I think the brother's recollection is off. He says that he and his siblings were called in to watch "The Lion King" but that movie came out on June 15th, 1994 in theatres and wasn't released on VHS until 1995. I was in 4th grade in '94 and was obsessed with that movie and saw it many times at the theatre, so that part stuck out to me and I just now double checked and googled the release dates.

So....that doesn't really help anything, sorry. Just wanted to mention that!

Good catch. I think it is another way to show the conflicting information that we have gotten on this case. It could be an innocent error -- perhaps the kids were called so they could all go out to see the movie in the theater and it was written incorrectly. Maybe it was another Disney Movie that they were going to watch on video

Either way, with what we have, it doesn't make the brothers look good. We really need to find out why there are several different versions of what happened. Did the version depend on which brother you ask? Was one version the observation of a neighbor? Did they tell their parents one thing and police another? I wish we could get the brothers on the thread to comment.

Are the brothers actively searching for her? Was it a family member who created the Facebook page?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back