GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 10s
Jury wants to see all of the video at all angles, want to watch tomorrow morning #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 5s
We will not have a verdict tonight. Back tomorrow. #DunnTrial

Jury sent note to judge saying they will watch store video tomorrow. They want the video to start with "ten minutes before and ten minutes after, all angles." says the judge.

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 27s
Judge says #MichaelDunn jurors want 10 mins before shooting and 10 mins after and would like to watch tomorrow.

Yes there is, No one threatened him. He started the issue, He shot at a car full of kids that was right next to his car. when they were retreating he continued to shoot at them.

There is no self defense here. None. The law is clear, You have to be in fear for bodily harm/life. He was not. Not in the least. He was in his car, sitting there and picked a fight.

JMO

Exactly this. MD parked so close to their car that getting out would be difficult. HE got out of his car to continue shooting at them as they retreated and were o longer a threat. 10 shots is excessive, not SYG.

Did anyone ever hear Jordan Davis issue a threat or see him coming at MD? I can't recall all the testimony and may have missed some, but it is my understanding that nobody did. Furthermore, doesn't there have to be action behind a verbal threat, or can we now just squeeze off 10 rounds at kids for sitting in a car running their mouths?

At his age, (or any age?) it's a RED FLAG :moo: when a man (especially one who is married) says that he doesn't have any *best male buddies* that are long term. EVEN MORE OF A HUGE red flag, :moo::moo::moo: if he has NO male friends - therefore no one to stand up for him in court. :seeya:
I'm 50 and I have no Male friends, most are drunk moochers at best. I've given and given until they think I should give then everything, to heck with that.

Completely agree. He has expressed vaguely racist sentiments on the stand and in writings. He had an issue with their "" music. He was scared of their gangster friends coming back for him. And so on. That's just a part of it though.

Exactly, which is why I speculated that women with black sons would likely hold him strictly accountable. I think they have a unique perspective on this. My kids are mixed race, half black, half white. So this is a topic of conversation in my daily life.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 29s
Speculate what you will, but remember jury has been viewing other videos- would be watching this w/o us knowing if not for complicated tech

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 32s
With now clear we will be leaving for the evening soon, Healey revisits whether to let alternates leave, or still be sequestered #DunnTrial

Only if the jury believes the defendant since he is the only person who felt threatened or saw a weapon.

IMHO, he has a severe credibility problem.

I guessing the ones who were on probation or brought in shackles have more credibility?!

Exactly, which is why I speculated that women with black sons would likely hold him strictly accountable. I think they have a unique perspective on this. My kids are mixed race, half black, half white. So this is a topic of conversation in my daily life.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you said.

I still disagree with it though. Respectfully.

The state didn't prove that, The state has the burden to prove what they claim.

It's your opinion that state did not prove it, I for one believe that the state did prove it. You know what they say about opinions. LOL.

I guessing the ones who were on probation or brought in shackles have more credibility?!

The only ones who came in shackles was the kid who took down the license plate and Michael Dunn.

I would think the ones who have the most credibility are those who have no connection to the victim or the defendant and were just innocent bystanders. Several of them were called and not one saw a gun, saw Jordan get out of the car, heard him saying anything threatening. So how can you be so certain of any of what you're saying? Innocent until proven guilty, right?

Just listening to Dunn's account, it's not ringing true.

He says he heard Jordan threatening to kill him and asked if he was talking to him. Dunn says Jordan said, yes I'm going to kill you. Then he saw a shotgun. Then Jordan makes a move to get out of the car and goes, "this s*** is going down!"

Okay, normally when people decide to kill you, they just do it, if they're serious. Then, as I've said before all this threatening with a shotgun in his hand and Dun still had time to reach over, open glove compartment, grab his gun, unholster it, turn off safety, *advertiser censored* it and fire? He was coming at him and Jordan still couldn't get a shot in? He was so angry and murderous that even as he was being fired at he didn't shoot back or a fire a shot off?

I mean, come on. How can people believe this?
The only thing that matters is what the PROSECUTION can PROVE!

WJXT's Jamie Johnson: Counsel is at side bar right now, which means no audio.

I agree with that, I even thought about it just now. But I take offense to the idea that the black women will be the ones to not let Dunn off, no matter the evidence, because of emotion. Perhaps they can relate more to the plight and the presumptions that young black men have to deal with. But I still find it a little offensive. It's surely a possibility that they could think that way. But it assumes the black moms have already made their decision and are not going to weigh the evidence just as intelligently as the rest of the jurors.

It's like saying, there's no way the white men on that jury will let Dunn be found guilty because they see themselves in him. They will identify with him and won't vote against him.

Again, I find it presumptuous.

BBM

I hope you did not take that away from my original comments. Because that is not what I said. I never said they would be the only ones and would be predisposed and not look intelligently at any evidence. That seems to be an extreme and slightly twisted version of my original post.

Believe whom you wish to believe, I was right about the states case against Casey Anthony, I was right about the states case against George Zimmerman. I have to believe you think successful white men go around shooting car loads of teenager for no reason all the time.

By what standard do you say MD is "successful". Works for his dad...no friends to speak of...3 ex wives...estranged kids and just does not have that "successful" look to me. Now Martin MacNeill looked successful...

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 10s
Jury wants to see all of the video at all angles, want to watch tomorrow morning #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

So what do you think? There is nothing to see. You can only here the shots. Do you suppose they want to hear how long the break was before he started shooting again? Anyone think that if the driver had not been in the his seat that MD would have emptied his gun on that car? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee