SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope she's found, but regardless of the fact that SM and TM are likely no more than common thugs with a mutual mission, they've thus far been successful in preventing HE from being found. I believe that's because they don't want the ugly specifics of what they did exposed for all to see, so they took steps to prevent that.

I have no idea what anyone's frame of mind was that night or subsequent morning, other than what I can glean from the remarks of SS and BW, and HE's own most recent social media postings. None of those activities tell me enough to presume specifically what led her to/landed her/her car at PTL that morning.

I don't think there's anything particularly unique about the Moorer's motive, or creative about their method, and I don't think HE leaving at that hour is particularly odd.

But I don't buy that HE merely went out late as usual to meet SM in the spirit of one of their familiar trysts or 'normal' patterns, because there are too many suspicious behaviors and contacts drum-rolling right before this murder. This is why I don't buy that she and SM were ambushed, or that SM was caught off guard in any way. What is the common denominator in Heather's phone record and her upset right before she went missing?

SM.

If it looks, walks, and quacks like a duck...

TM is to me, no better or worse than her partner in crime. They're both killers and liars. Period.

There's evidence to this or LE would not charge them equally with such confidence. However, I hope LE has all it thinks it has, because I live in the Tim Masters state of LE and justice system failure. And boy, can LE get it wrong, and wow, can the DA run with that.

In this case, I believe the M's are the right suspects, but that doesn't guarantee a right outcome.

On the subject of the IE charges, I don't even care about the details. It's the timeline that is relevant, because it was on the timeline of the phone record and murder.

Just to clarify: I am not saying they were arrested because of public pressure; just that if they had the money to afford a PR team, the PR team could convince many in the general public that they were.

Are you talking about a PR team polluting a possible jury pool? Maybe. It depends on what the state lets out in the way of evidence before trial.

I see SM as more of a passive-aggressive. We've discussed where he got the balls to cheat on TM. First of all, he didn't just become a cheater, he had that in him for a long time. He used TM's behavior towards him to justify his proclivity for cheating. He's a cheater out and out.

I know a couple like these two. She's the outspoken one, the "tough" one, the outgoing one where he's quiet and soft spoken. But make no mistake, she is only allowed to do what he lets her do. If he puts the breaks on something, it's a dead deal. Period. Nothing she says or does can change his stance.

He will appear to go along with what she says, but then he goes behind her back and does what he darn well wants to. He makes it appear that he's this wide eyed, long suffering husband when in fact, he's a liar, a cheat and a fraud.

So I'm not surprised at all that good ole Sidney seems so unlikely to cheat to the masses. It's part of his fake face he's putting on to the world. Regardless of what the wife is like, Sidney decided on his own to sleep around. IMO TM could have been Betty Crocker, Carol Brady and June Cleaver all rolled into one and Sid still would have cheated the minute a pretty young thing looked his way.

As far as the M's "open marriage." I think once TM found out about the affair, and felt the betrayal and humiliation of what Sid was doing to them and their marriage, she decided to give him a taste of his own medicine, probably hoping it would help her get through her feelings of pain about the affair. And of course, that never works.

OTOH, it could have all been smoke and mirrors because she wanted to take the likelihood that she had a motive for murder off the table, so to speak.

These are just some random thoughts going through my head right now. That will no doubt change within a few posts. LOL JMO, IMO, MOO

I have asked this question twice now in the other thread with no response at all so maybe this thread is a more appropriate place.

Was heather aware of SM being married? Did he lie to her about that? Did she know TM at all? I haven't been able to follow the case as close as I'd like to. Trying to understand if that aspect of SM's life was a surprise for her or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do believe they would be charged equally for the murder, no matter who did what. That is part of what the murder charge is, in that being there is the same as doing the killing. LE may not even know who actually killed Heather. JMO

I think they were arrested because of their own actions, evidence collected and investigations since HE's disappearance. The authorities IMO have kept things close to their vest and continue to do investigations as to what happened to HE, whether to seek more information or to collaborate information. For me, that is always a sign of a confident investigation. They got this.

If the M's were actually shot at with their children in their truck near Georgetown, police may have decided the arrests couldn't wait any longer, even if they had additional evidence pending.

Things were escalating to a fever pitch around the Elvis family. The M's arrest timing could've been, in part, to prevent some kind of vigilante justice or accidental harm to the M's children.

Reminds me of Grisham's A Time to Kill.
For the record, I don't know if I could've been as patient as TE.

Feel free to be blatantly honest. Is it weird, stupid or strange to submit a specific location to LE for them to look for the body? I've never submitted anything before and I'm not "psychic" but having very vivid dreams. I don't want to look like an *advertiser censored*, it was hard enough to post this on here :)

I would, but struggle with the same ideas. (I don't have firm ideas here) keep me posted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have asked this question twice now in the other thread with no response at all so maybe this thread is a more appropriate place.

Was heather aware of SM being married? Did he lie to her about that? Did she know TM at all? I haven't been able to follow the case as close as I'd like to. Trying to understand if that aspect of SM's life was a surprise for her or not.

In reading some of her earlier tweets a while back, I would say she knew he was married, but probably not to, for lack of being able to say, a very jealous woman...JMO

It's been pretty well established that HE knew SM was married from the very beginning. No one's ever said SM misrepresented his marital status.

My thoughts exactly.... I have been checking that too.... makes one wonder if that was just a tactic....
It might be because she's still technically an inmate of Horry County. Because she wasn't charged with a crime in Georgetown, she probably didn't go through the same booking proceedings , etc. as someone who had been arrested there. Also, the Horry County Police and task force are going to want all of her mail, information, tips, etc. sent their way, not to GT, and are going to want to make it as easy as possible for GT to help them. I'm sure they have a record of her (probly not public) but technically I think she's still in Horry County Custody. I've been trying to look up the rules on that, but I don't think it's a conspiracy.

sorry, I think at times those that have been. here from the start get tired of the same questions, however legit. yes, she knew he was married, [modsnip]. but I've not heard of more contact than that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The good news is that LE has a lot of information we don't know. I'm sure once the evidence comes out, most of our ideas and theories will be moot. The only reason we are able to theorize so widely is because of such the limited amount of info we have: we don't know what they found during their search warrants, we don't know why they believe Heather was kidnapped/ murdered at PTL... All I know is if they had enough evidence to get a judge to agree to the charge, there must be a lot we are in the dark about. LE has done a great job keeping this case guarded. As much as I want to know info for my own peace of mind, I believe they are doing right by the case.

If the M's were actually shot at with their children in their truck near Georgetown, police may have decided the arrests couldn't wait any longer, even if they had additional evidence pending.

Things were escalating to a fever pitch around the Elvis family. The M's arrest timing could've been, in part, to prevent some kind of vigilante justice or accidental harm to the M's children.

Reminds me of Grisham's A Time to Kill.
For the record, I don't know if I could've been as patient as TE.
Respectfully disagree....do not see authorities arresting both parents for such serious charges of murder, kidnapping, obstruction of justice and indecent exposure for the sole reason to to prevent vigilante justice towards SM and TM....I am not even sure that the accusation of TM and SM have ever been validated. ?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks so much you guys. Sorry for not being fully knowledgable of the case! It's hard to keep up with the thread moving so quickly. I am glad to see justice is on it's way to being served. I just hope they'll let HEs family know where she is at

I personally would never answer a number I didn't know in the middle of the night, [modsnip] I wonder if SM was private messaging Heather that he was planning to leave TM [modsnip] or something so she could pick him up and they could go talk (at PTL- his idea). Meanwhile TM was waiting at PTL for them to arrive. I don't know, just a thought?

I don't think I've seen this thought posted before, so here goes:

In a relationship, it's possible for one person to be a controller, manipulator, whatever, to the other person. HOWEVER, if that other person is with someone else, it's also possible that roles are reversed and they become the controller, manipulator, etc.

No different than animals. An alpha dog placed with another alpha may lose it's position and become beneath the #1 alpha. Horses, a very dominant mare can be placed with a herd of geldings, and remain dominant. She can be placed in a herd of other mares, and quickly lose her status.

I believe we'll see that come into play here during the trial.

I personally would never answer a number I didn't know in the middle of the night, referring to the pay phone call. I wonder if SM was private messaging Heather that he was planning to leave TM and would call her from a pay phone or something so she could pick him up and they could go talk (at PTL- his idea). Meanwhile TM was waiting at PTL for them to arrive. I don't know, just a thought?

LOL if or when you have teenagers you will....trust me.

I think cell phone pings will also be pivotal in this case. Just where were TM and SM's phones pinging from during the initial calls to Heather? Was they sitting in the parking lot, watching her arrive home from the date? Was they in the same areas as Heather through-out most of the evening? Was all 3 phones pinging in the same area at PTL? I have faith in this LE. I believe they have those records. They know where Heather's phone last pinged, and I'm sure have searched and searched that area.

i've seen many people state that TM is being contradictory by saying they had an open marriage then turning around and saying SM cheated on her. it actually isn't contradictory. usually with a couple that has this type of relationship do have boundaries. those boundaries are that it's an open relationship but that all involved know about the other person and consent to it.

if one spouse steps outside of that boundary and goes behind the other spouse's back and has a relationship without spouse knowing about it. it would then be considered cheating.

not sticking up for TM, just some info about open relationships and cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname