MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think they need to look in that pond across the street again. :(

Agreed. If an adult can be missed during a search of a body of water, then a little child would be very easy to overlook.

I also found this interesting.

Tucker said officials believe Myra went missing between 10:30 and 11 a.m. on Saturday but won’t discuss why police weren’t called until 4 p.m. or what happened between the time Myra’s mother saw her outside the home on Mount Pilgrim Road and when the family realized she was gone.

I read that the mother thought the father had her and the father thought the mother had her. Based on Tucker's comment, IMO, I am feeling that may not be believed or some details may have been proved not truthful. This doesn't mean that Myra didn't wonder off.

I just think the comment of they won't discuss why they weren't called until 4pm and what happen between when she was last seen by mom and when they know she was gone mean something. If they didn't, they would say exactly what happened, as they don't feel she was abducted.

Yesterday I read an article where he stated that so far, the timeline as far as what the mother, father, and children say has added up...and that is the timeline they are operating from. So, they aren't commenting on specifics, but they have mentioned the timeline. Let me go find it and link.

Yesterday I read an article where he stated that so far, the timeline as far as what the mother, father, and children say has added up...and that is the timeline they are operating from. So, they aren't commenting on specifics, but they have mentioned the timeline. Let me go find it and link.

Well this was yesterday after the press conference and posted at 10:48 pm. So, IMO, maybe they got updated info verified.

Well this was yesterday after the press conference and posted at 10:48 pm. So, IMO, maybe they got updated info verified.

I'm honestly catching up in this case, because I was out of the house most of the last day and a half. This is the article I was speaking of. (quote on the second page.) I've not seen them speak about the timeline since, but please correct me if it has changed.

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...40014/Search-continues-missing-Camden-toddler

“I don’t want to get into too much what transpired that day. There are statements from everyone involved that are pretty accurate with one another,” he said. “We’ve put together a timeline of events based on those statements. We feel pretty comfortable that Myra was last seen about the hours of 10 and 11 a.m., so that’s what we’re going on until anything changes it.”

mike evans ‏@crabblers 19m
Search party coming out of woods from across the street of Lewis property. #searchforMyraLewis pic.twitter.com/KB6F4iXfBT

Bh--ZX7CAAAlugP.jpg

mike evans ‏@crabblers 39m
Numerous agencies back on the Lewis property today. Search continues for 2yr old Myra Lewis. pic.twitter.com/cGCmI9iehN

Bh-5swvCEAAGZ1K.jpg

https://twitter.com/crabblers (WLBT-TV)

I'm honestly catching up in this case, because I was out of the house most of the last day and a half. This is the article I was speaking of. (quote on the second page.) I've not seen them speak about the timeline since, but please correct me if it has changed.

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...40014/Search-continues-missing-Camden-toddler

“I don’t want to get into too much what transpired that day. There are statements from everyone involved that are pretty accurate with one another,” he said. “We’ve put together a timeline of events based on those statements. We feel pretty comfortable that Myra was last seen about the hours of 10 and 11 a.m., so that’s what we’re going on until anything changes it.”

That was from the 3rd and the article I was referring to was from the 4th. Maybe things changed? Either way they are releasing much info which is rather odd as they don't feel it's an abduction. They feel she went missing between 10-11 and will say nothing beyond that. IMO, I don't understand.

That was from the 3rd and the article I was referring to was from the 4th. Maybe things changed? Either way they are releasing much info which is rather odd as they don't feel it's an abduction. They feel she went missing between 10-11 and will say nothing beyond that. IMO, I don't understand.

I get what you are saying, things very well could have changed. They just haven't really said so. I haven't heard them say something like, "We are revisiting the timeline, because some things are no longer lining up." Not that they aren't doing this privately, obviously we don't know. It seems like the timeline is REALLY important, as far as potential witnesses go. If they were now not sure about the time of her disappearance, or thought it was later/earlier...wouldn't the the public need to know? That could open the door to people who weren't in the area at 10:-11:00, but where at other times, to have seen her.

I'm not entirely sure they don't think it's an abduction. I think at this point, they don't have evidence of an abduction. Anyway, I do see what you are saying and I do also wish they would say more about the specifics...or the reason they aren't.

Here is a compilation of our coverage since she went missing last weekend.

http://www.wjtv.com/story/24894086/amber-alert-search-continues-for-myra-lewis

Nothing new. video/report of prayer vigil, press from yesterday and video footage I hadn't seen yet.
(apologies if already posted)

<snipped>
from the prayer vigil....
"I serve on the volunteer fire department and we were dispatched out on Saturday. We walked over 175 acres, several agencies together, looking for any clues that may have been left behind. Of course it revealed nothing," Pastor Thompson said.

Just to add a couple of other things that McMullen, the FBI investigator has said, according to the C-L article from this morning.

"Said McMullen: &#8220;Whether we call it abduction, missing, what have you, we want to know where she is, and we don&#8217;t know that right now, so all the resources of the county, state resources and federal resources are being brought together to do this,&#8221; he said."

&#8220;We continue to follow leads, and we will not give up. It&#8217;s been a difficult time, but the family has been extremely supportive of law enforcement and first responders,&#8221; he said. &#8220;They love her, they miss her and they need to get her home.&#8221;

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140305/NEWS/303040047/Plea-Help-us-find-Myra

I get what you are saying, things very well could have changed. They just haven't really said so. I haven't heard them say something like, "We are revisiting the timeline, because some things are no longer lining up." Not that they aren't doing this privately, obviously we don't know. It seems like the timeline is REALLY important, as far as potential witnesses go. If they were now not sure about the time of her disappearance, or thought it was later/earlier...wouldn't the the public need to know? That could open the door to people who weren't in the area at 10:-11:00, but where at other times, to have seen her.

I'm not entirely sure they don't think it's an abduction. I think at this point, they don't have evidence of an abduction. Anyway, I do see what you are saying and I do also wish they would say more about the specifics...or the reason they aren't.

I don't think they have ruled anything out, but don't believe they think it's an abduction. The reason I think this is because all of their search efforts have been in the area around the home.

Also the Miss. Department of Wildlife & Fisheries special response team out searching. It specializies in rescue and recovery.

@radamsWJTV: Special response team from dept. of wildlife, fisheries and parks on the scene searching. http://t.co/1GuFF1N2z3

I would rather little Myra be alive, but I would choose finding her in that big pond over the thought of her in the hands of a monster for the last 4 days. Come on, little angel, show us where you are.

I would rather little Myra be alive, but I would choose finding her in that big pond over the thought of her in the hands of a monster for the last 4 days. Come on, little angel, show us where you are.

I painfully agree.

Sadly, I think a small child would be very attracted to a pond. Especially, when they are on their own and have freedom to explore. I hate to even think it.

I just think they need to look in that pond across the street again. :(

I don't want to agree but I agree. :(
I think about how scared my kids were at 2 yrs old when their daddy and I were not around. Which was rare.... God please bring this baby home.

Yeah I read that too. Since LE and the searchers are working off a time line I'm with you about the odd feel.

If LE doesn't think she was abducted --what do they think happened to Myra between 10-11am?

Did anyone else have children out playing that morning?
Did any delivery truck drivers, mail persons, etc see her?

Just to add a couple of other things that McMullen, the FBI investigator has said, according to the C-L article from this morning.

"Said McMullen: “Whether we call it abduction, missing, what have you, we want to know where she is, and we don’t know that right now, so all the resources of the county, state resources and federal resources are being brought together to do this,” he said."

“We continue to follow leads, and we will not give up. It’s been a difficult time, but the family has been extremely supportive of law enforcement and first responders,” he said. “They love her, they miss her and they need to get her home.”

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140305/NEWS/303040047/Plea-Help-us-find-Myra
\

When I read the comment about her family it tears me up.
I couldn't make it emotionally and mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus