MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know many people in LE and the FBI. In the grand scheme of things, of course it is not. But my point, is that if they think she wandered off, then four bags, IMO, is a lot of evidence to gather. This is one of the MANY reasons why I don't think that she wandered off.

You don't have to agree with me, no one does, but this is my opinion. And I am not going to continue to defend my opinion.

And LE said he wouldn't discuss the evidence they gathered. So, if it was just for DNA purposes, I feel he would have said so, as I have heard this said before.

HM, I'm sorry you feel you have to defend yourself against my post. That wasn't my intention. I love reading your post. Others feel the same as you and it brings different perspective to this thread. Again, I apologize. :(

I think it's typical to gather hair brushes and toothbrushes, in any missing persons case. Even when their is familial relations that can provide DNA.

Yes, this. ^^^

I think it's typical to gather hair brushes and toothbrushes, in any missing persons case. Even when their is familial relations that can provide DNA.

LE has not stated what they gathered. He stated he wouldn't discuss the evidence.

HM, I'm sorry you feel you have to defend yourself against my post. That wasn't my intention. I love reading your post. Others feel the same as you and it brings different perspective to this thread. Again, I apologize. :(

My apologies. That wasn't directed towards you. Just in general. I often find when I post an opinion on something, I get asked multiple times about why or am told the opposite many times. After seeing the facepalm with the eyes covered, I was a little annoyed.

I noticed the same thing about the junk around the yard. I thought it was just me!

They took tons of evidence from Alanna Gallagher's home. That case was pretty infamous here for people really wanting to blame the parents. Plot twist, it wasn't the parents and she wasn't hurt in or abducted from her home.

My apologies. That wasn't directed towards you. Just in general. I often find when I post an opinion on something, I get asked multiple times about why or am told the opposite many times. After seeing the facepalm with the eyes covered, I was a little annoyed.

We just have to find out why others think differently,so we can sleuth the opinions. We can't sleuth anything else LOL! :floorlaugh: No need for apologies. :)

LE has not stated what they gathered. He stated he wouldn't discuss the evidence.

Yes, I know. The quote I was referring to, was to the asking if they could have just swabbed DNA from the parents. IF the police took a hairbrush or toothbrush, I am simply saying that's typical. That's all.

I went missing when I was 3.5 yrs old. I awoke to tons & tons of cops all in my house. They were all over my yard. I could hear my mom crying hysterically & lots of men talking about something but it wasn't clear to my little ears what they were saying. They had called the Air force base & were getting a chopper up to start looking for me. Well my mom had switched out beds in the house. The old bed had been set up in the dining-room leaning against a wall. I had crawled in between the mattress & box springs & took a long long nap. I think I was out for about 3 hours sleeping. My mom had just walked in to the kitchen to make lunch & I was gonna hide from her & jump out & scare her. Well it didn't go as planned. I scared her alright but I passed out in the process. I remember the policemen screaming WE FOUND HER! WE FOUND HER! My mom & all the police were hugging me & then I got scolded lol. I was hoping Sunday they would find her doing something along these lines. Unfortunately I don't think that's the case here.

They took tons of evidence from Alanna Gallagher's home. That case was pretty infamous here for people really wanting to blame the parents. Plot twist, it wasn't the parents and she wasn't hurt in or abducted from her home.

That was local, to me. Pretty much most people in the community thought it was in the family. Myself included, in the beginning. That case was part of the reason I don't put too much weight, into how the family acts after a child is missing. I REALLY thought they did it, based on some strange things the family said and did...and the evidence taken from their house. Nope.

Were scent dogs ever used to search for Myra? I don't understand how a 4 mile radius was searched so quickly. IMOO it would be nearly impossible to find her little self unless she was out in the open. Still praying....her family included.

Were scent dogs ever used to search for Myra? I don't understand how a 4 mile radius was searched so quickly. IMOO it would be nearly impossible to find her little self unless she was out in the open. Still praying....her family included.

Scent dogs were used. It's in one of the articles that was linked. My battery is about dead or I would look it up quickly.

Yes, I know. The quote I was referring to, was to the asking if they could have just swabbed DNA from the parents. IF the police took a hairbrush or toothbrush, I am simply saying that's typical. That's all.

I agree, that is typical.
Now that I think about it... they took 4 small items and all of them could easily be DNA samples.
Mom's DNA, Dad's DNA, Myra's toothbrush and Myra's hair brush. :twocents:
They need DNA to identify her whether she was abducted, murdered, or wandered away. :twocents:
4 pieces of evidence does not indicate foul play at all.

Myra is two. It's a rural area. I don't understand why they haven't used heat seeking technology. Idk, maybe they have and we just don't know. Has anyone heard anything about that? Is there some reason I'm overlooking why they wouldn't have a helicopter in the air fairly quickly here??? :confused:

I'm still not seeing foul play here. And I will jump on that band wagon early if I think there is a reason to believe that. Her parents appear to be poor and rural. That is not a crime! From what I've seen she was well loved. . .nothing hinky.

I hope I'm right, and I hope I'm not. Right, in that she just wandered off and wrong, in that I think her chances are not good in the elements for this length of time. . .ponds included. Sounds weird, but I keep hoping she was picked up by some clueless good Samaritan. I know that is probably not the case. I just really want her to be ok. . .and for some odd reason I feel she is. I hope I'm not wrong. :praying:

ETA. . .I used to teach in an inner city school. She is just every precious little girl I ever taught. . .cute as all get out, spunky, and has a million strikes against her before she's even out of the gates. Hang in there, Myra!!!!
1800A.jpg

Search for Myra Lewis halted, expected to resume Thursday
http://www.wsfa.com/story/24879134/fbi-searches-for-missing-toddler-believe-abducted

<snipped>
MADISON COUNTY, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
Officials halted the search for 2-year-old Myra Lewis around 5 p.m. Wednesday evening, and are expected to resume Thursday morning. There was a large presence of Mississippi Highway Patrol troopers and Wildlife officials searching the woods near the home where the child went missing.

In the afternoon, officials moved the grid search over to the adjacent property. A boat also arrived to help with the search.

She hasn't been found yet???? Oh man, I was sure that I'd come back today and see FOUND. I'm heartbroken!!

SBHP, you and me both.

my three year old suddenly loves to hide. it was cute a month or two ago, bc we would just follow the giggles and find him. well now he hides and is totally silent. I'm trying to teach him that if I yell his entire name, that means NO MORE HIDING! come out and show yourself, now! he actually was hiding in a nearly empty bag of hog food, I was searching along with my older boys, we walked right past that bag numerous times before he popped out. really, it was a looong couple of minutes.... kids will hide in crazy places!!

I hate to think it, but I agree with other posts, this long... just not a good sign.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I know many people in LE and the FBI. In the grand scheme of things, of course it is not. But my point, is that if they think she wandered off, then four bags, IMO, is a lot of evidence to gather. This is one of the MANY reasons why I don't think that she wandered off.

You don't have to agree with me, no one does, but this is my opinion. And I am not going to continue to defend my opinion.

And LE said he wouldn't discuss the evidence they gathered. So, if it was just for DNA purposes, I feel he would have said so, as I have heard this said before.

Not arguing with you at all, but LE hardly ever uses all the evidence they confiscate. Many times they gather things they think might be, but they have no idea whether it is useful or not, until it is tested. They simply don't have the equipment to test it on site, so they take it in to have the lab look at it. Sometimes they return most of the items back to the owners, but often things get overlooked and it's never returned, or it sits in an evidence locker somewhere.

When people watch them taking out bags and bags of stuff, they automatically think 'Wow! LE must think these people did something!' But that is not always the case... sometimes they get very little real evidence from those searches.. and occasionally, nothing turns out useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member