SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier on the DisBlogs (Mar or May??) TM had mentioned about a trip to CA at years end and stopping by to see family in CO.I somehow got the impression that the camper was bought and Disney-fied for this upcoming trip??
I'd be interested in wondering if they made any purchases like a new toolbox (maybe so they could fill up old one & dispose) or any other items. There wouldn't necessarily be any records if they paid cash.
If they took their fancy new 2013 Ford F150 it seems like they had all the bells & whistles on it. That means On-Star,etc..so I bet LE has their hands on all their travel data & locations..

Would the whole family fit in the truck? Or do they tow the truck with the camper? I just realized I've never seen the outside of the camper.

Would the whole family fit in the truck? Or do they tow the truck with the camper? I just realized I've never seen the outside of the camper.

Yes, the family would fit. It has a front and back seat.

LE has stated in one of the articles that we may NEVER know how Heather died. i am okay with that. i am a person who could still convict someone base on all the circumstantial evidence, i don't need a body - just sayin'

I am with you on this. And so far based on what we know so far I am getting pretty darn close already if what we have seen ends up proven in court. Here is what else I would need for LE to show me before I could convict the Ms.

-Need to prove to me which one of them OR both of them had an active part in her demise. Right now, it seems its possible that only 1 could have done it. Not likely, but possible.

-Need to prove to me that Heather is no longer with us. I know it seems her lack of communication could be enough but sold into sex slavery is just one crazy possibility where she could still be alive so I have to have more proof of her demise to convict someone of murder. But for the kidnapping part, I would not need that.

watching LMN now, about Drew Peterson's wife who went missing...they never found her body and wasn't he convicted of her murder? i think there is hope for the prosecutions case here

Wrong wife. Drew was convicted of killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio. She was found dead in her bathtub. His fourth wife, Stacy Peterson is the wife that went missing. He was never charged with her murder.

Why would they do that?
Because they only needed enough at that hearing to convince the judge not to allow them out on bond. They did not need to lay out the entire evidence or the case...only to show enough to realize they were there and a threat to others etc.

Just my :twocents:, but I don't really see how anything they said at the bond hearing would lock them into a timeline. The bond hearing isn't a preliminary hearing, so all that's presented is basically just enough evidence to show a crime was committed by this defendant (goes toward whether def. is a danger to the community) and anything that goes toward flight risk. Cases continually evolve, even after charges are filed, as new evidence, theories, motives, etc. emerge. For this reason, the prosecution isn't going to reveal everything they have (ongoing investigations) and IMO couldn't possibly be held to everything that is said at such an early time in the proceedings -- otherwise, we're basically requiring them to have every single thing they need to go to trial before the proceedings even begin and while that could be ideal in the general scheme of things, it's just not realistic with the way our legal system works...

JMO, IMO, MOO
Exactly. I do understand and it is what I am counting on. (However, in other cases...I found I was sorely disappointed in thinking some prosecutors were on top of their game.)

But...they still gave the tiny timeline which to me is a problem and they should not have done it. They should have checked their dates, too....because they were wrong!

I feel sorry that he can't tell time.

I was that age once and can honestly say time can get away from you when you're just focused on having a good time. Now I bet if it was an awful first date you'd be looking to get it over quickly and so you'd end up paying much more attention to time. If they both worked together it would seem they're used to late hours,and neither party had to be home for work the next day.

LE has stated in one of the articles that we may NEVER know how Heather died. i am okay with that. i am a person who could still convict someone base on all the circumstantial evidence, i don't need a body - just sayin'

I don't know what all the evidence is yet, so I don't know if I could convict.

And that was my point earlier. Since LE has said it has no idea how she died and may never know, and they have no body, I hope what they do have is sufficient at trial. Not because a body ensures a guilty verdict, but because it appears they have no physical evidence of a crime.

I believe that when TM found out about the affair, she did everything that she could to keep them apart starting with the handcuffing ordeal and taking a long trip to keep SM away from Heather. Once they came back in in the middle of December she knew that the threat of Heather was real once more. I believe that SM somehow found out that Heather had a date that night, and couldn`t handle it anymore. Somehow he got out of that house and made the phone call to Heather saying that he was going to leave TM. I believe that TM had his cell phone and was probably in a rage when she discovered that SM wasn`t home. After he got home, I am sure things weren`t going so well, and Heather calling SM was the last straw. I do believe that TM threatened SM at that time with a gun and made him tell Heather to meet him at PTL. I also think that she was taken at gun point and handcuffed and thrown into the back of that truck. Maybe she even had to watch or at least listen to them making love that was recorded on one of the cameras. I believe that she was alive and taken to their home and placed in that camper. The 5,000 dollar withdrawal could have been given to someone who would take her elsewhere and kill her.
:goodpost: Welcome!

Now that is a plausible scenario. When I heard about where the one IE incident took place (at Tilted Kilt lot), I thought the same thing. It would be another way to torture HRE. I also believe she was taken back to the compound.

There is something wrong with the theory she was murdered at PTL unless it happened after 4:00am or so.

I rush home from work each day looking for the long-awaited post that SM confessed :( Hey, a girl can hope. And will continue to do so. :prayer:

I think the best chance of that happening would be sometime after the preliminary hearing, once he and his attorney have a more complete picture of the evidence LE has against him and the Mrs.

I am with you on this. And so far based on what we know so far I am getting pretty darn close already if what we have seen ends up proven in court. Here is what else I would need for LE to show me before I could convict the Ms.

-Need to prove to me which one of them OR both of them had an active part in her demise. Right now, it seems its possible that only 1 could have done it. Not likely, but possible.

-Need to prove to me that Heather is no longer with us. I know it seems her lack of communication could be enough but sold into sex slavery is just one crazy possibility where she could still be alive so I have to have more proof of her demise to convict someone of murder. But for the kidnapping part, I would not need that.

sold into sex slavery?!

Heather went to PTL, that's where her car was found, that was the last ping for the phone... car that just so happens to be the identical car of the M's (out of 82 similar cars in that area) was videotaped going to and from PTL on Mill Pond Rd. that just so happens to be a direct route to the M's home; at an ungodly hour of the morning the same time of Heather's disappearance...

so the M's sold her into sex slavery? that's like saying Casey Anthony was sexually assaulted by her father...where's the circumstantial evidence for that?

Heather is dead...their are ONLY two people who have motive...no one else...by process of elimination...i can connect the dots

I was that age once and can honestly say time can get away from you when you're just focused on having a good time. Now I bet if it was an awful first date you'd be looking to get it over quickly and so you'd end up paying much more attention to time. If they both worked together it would seem they're used to late hours,and neither party had to be home for work the next day.

I would be surprised to find that the date didn't have a smart phone, or at least a cell phone, that had the correct time.

Something interesting I have been thinking about. One time on CNN there was one of those FBI contributors that said live telephone conversations can be retrieved. The interviewer sort of did a double take (was in disbelief) and asked him again, you're saying live conversations, not just voice mail or text? He said yes, but didn't really delve into it. I was wondering if this is really so and since they have FBI people on the case, is it possible they know what was said in the live calls between Heather and the m's?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have ZERO way to know for sure, but I have heard the very same thing several years back as well. That phone companies can keep so many bytes of voice storage for a certain amount of time and do..again, have no way to know if true, but have heard it.

When I bought my scanner for Nascar races, I was shocked when I started using it to scan random frequencies. I started to pickup my neighbor's cell phone conversations.

I have to admit at first it was real exciting and I would spend days listening to my scanner trying to catch the next phone call. Then after awhile, the thrill of hearing what they had for dinner last night kind of wore off. LOL

But seriously, it is was very concerning to think how easily I could overhear their personal conversations and then immediately thought others could easily do that to me too. I was able to pickup many other random calls too from cell phones.

It was interesting too that I think Cell Phone companies caught on to this because after about a year, the telephone conversations started to skip over to a new frequency and continue the same call on a new frequency. So what they were doing is automatically skipping to random frequencies for the same call to prevent scanners from locking in on one frequency.

It was in the 800-900 Mghz (megahertz) range if I remember correctly
BBM
That would be older cordless land line phones, not cellphones that you intercepted with your scanner.

902 MHz - 928 MHz - The newer models, readily identified by their shorter, non-telescoping antennas, use the "900 MHz" band. Only the models with digital spread spectrum (DSS) cannot be readily heard by a radio scanner. The rest are all analog models that are easy to pick up. This band is much less crowded than the 46-MHz to 47-MHz band. This generation of cordless telephones enjoys 80 channels. Each manufacturer uses some but not all of the available channels.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question320.htm

If I buy it can it be posted here at WS? (Re bond hearing)

Sent from my KFTHWI

Yes, if it is a public document and you are only paying the copying charges, it can be posted here.

Hope that helps,

Salem

When TM says she'd been following SM since 2012, could she have meant by GPS? On his truck maybe.

When TM says she'd been following SM since 2012, could she have meant by GPS? On his truck maybe.

I am wondering if she had him wired and heard his side of the pay phone call, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa