GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
JS did not display signs of psychosis while purchasing firearm. Dr. M said that most patients w/ MI do not reveal their symptoms in general life. To JS, her mental illness was a shame and embarrassment.

Multiple references in medical records of JS's chronic suicidal feelings. First began to experience (clearly) depression during military career -- during this time, she would get a leave of absence, go to a distant city, check into a hotel until she felt better.

Dr. M said that JS was thinking and planning to kill herself when she got the firearm; it also crossed her mind that if she killed herself, she would also have to kill the children. It was more clear in her mind that she would have to kill herself; it was less clear that she would kill the children.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 15s
Doc says #JulieSchenecker looks at laundry and says I have to do Beau's clothes once I get back fm killing him. That's psychotic thinking

When I heard this I thought I recognized something -- maybe JS wasn't going to kill Beau (God love him,) in the car at all. She had the gun in her purse, but she had not brought it out before Beau accidentally saw it. Then a brief argument ensued wherein Beau told JS to put the gun away and threatened to hit JS, and she claimed that the gun was not real.

Were they still in the garage when JS shot Beau, or were they on the road?

JS may have walked by the washing machine and had the automatic thought about doing laundry because she didn't know exactly when she was going to kill Beau, (and it is quite risky to shoot him out in the open while driving, no?) Is this further evidence of disordered thinking or a calculated move of a killer looking for the opportune moment?

Twitter
ABCActionNewsCourt

@actionnewscourt

Dr. Maher: #JulieSchenecker had very clear idea she wanted to kill herself, inconsistent though about killing the children.

Cross is going to be interesting. JS doesn't look like she in a good mood. We may see some outburst on cross.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 2m
Very clear stmts abt killing herself but inconsistent stmts abt killing kids says doc of #JulieSchenecker

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 1m
Doc says his opinion that #JulieSchenecker was she knew what she was doing. Did not know it was wrong & believed she was protecting kids

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 46s
#JulieSchenecker Did not recog the horror or the senselessness of killing her kids says doc

At the time she was shooting them, JS had an awareness that when she was pointing the gun at her kids, that it would kill them.

She knew what she was doing. She did not know that it was wrong. She believed that she was protecting her children from something terrifying horrible; that she was bringing her children to heaven; that it was part of her necessary duty as a mother. She was not aware of it in any sense of the horror of it.

She indicated she wanted to protect them from the pain, the horrible life she'd experienced. She feared her children would be hurt. She was concerned about her children being sexually molested, as she had been. She was fearful that her daughter was bipolar.

His expert opinion that Julie Schenecker was legally insane at the time of the murders.

15 min break

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 26s
Doc says #JulieSchenecker was legally insane at time of killings

Steve Helling ‏@stevehelling · 2m
#JulieSchenecker just took off her glasses and wiped her eyes. It's the first emotion I've seen from her today. #ScheneckerTrial

What were the exact pills and amounts that failed to end her life?

I've been out all day, and have missed coverage. Where is there a link to see earlier testimony? I've caught the last hour or so but specifically am interested in seeing Eldra Solomon's testimony.
Thanks!

IMO this plan sprung into action when she believed the email sent to family was PS getting a divorce. PS would take the kids and she would be alone in her bed.

JS did not display signs of psychosis while purchasing firearm. Dr. M said that most patients w/ MI do not reveal their symptoms in general life. To JS, her mental illness was a shame and embarrassment.

Multiple references in medical records of JS's chronic suicidal feelings. First began to experience (clearly) depression during military career -- during this time, she would get a leave of absence, go to a distant city, check into a hotel until she felt better.

Dr. M said that JS was thinking and planning to kill herself when she got the firearm; it also crossed her mind that if she killed herself, she would also have to kill the children. It was more clear in her mind that she would have to kill herself; it was less clear that she would kill the children.

So she could just turn it on and then off at will? That doesn't seem to match up with spending 7-8 weeks in bed unable to function, but she can just "turn it off" hop in the car to go and buy a gun? I don't buy it.

So she could just turn it on and then off at will? That doesn't seem to match up with spending 7-8 weeks in bed unable to function, but she can just "turn it off" to go and buy a gun? I don't buy it.

The Dr called it "automatic pilot" in chronic MI patients.

The defense is stressing that she killed them to spare them from a future of abuse and mental illness. Not anywhere near as much as she mentioned their sassy mouths. Even less, if any of taking revenge on PS for considering a divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa