GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Pastor mentioned that the Dermonds only missed services when they went to visit their children in other states, well, I wonder if the Kentucky Derby party that the Dermonds missed, that some of those guests also went to the same church, and did they notice that not only the Dermonds missed the party that they were going to attend, but also missed church as well?
IMOO.

Yes, you would think that by Sunday's church service someone would have been very concerned that the Dermonds were not there. Maybe that's just me and you though.

I am just going by my interpretation of what was said but I was thinking if the man was spotted in the backyard it would be from a boat (and just going by the videos I've seen of their yard on the news).

Not sure why they (WSB) chose to omit that info in the story posted online. I thought it was noteworthy, at least for the time frame. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned without a link ... Hoping they will rerun the story tonight.

Sent using Tapatalk
WSB does that and it is frustrating.

If this is true, could that man be wearing a specialty type of boot, like the hiking boots that are made for ice climbing with crampons?
IMOO.

Could be. . . . or some type of sports shoe with cleets like baseball players wear?

WSB does that and it is frustrating.

I don't mind waiting and watching Mark Winne and Sheriff Sills. Got a little crush going on for both of them. :loveyou: I hope Mark Winne is there when Sheriff Sills gets the bad guys. This is better than the ID channel.

if the blurb about witness saying man walked up the slope was on a live broadcast it should be up on their site within the next few hours I would hope. I mean, that is kind of a big deal if Sills talks about a witness seeing something. That would be a first in this case!

I don't know about a party but yeah, I don't know if crush is the right word, but I am finding myself liking both Sills and Winne too. I not only want this crime solved for the victim and the loved ones, but I want them to "win" on this case and bring it home!

ah, a True Crime Crush or TCC.

BBM

From the AP report: "They lived a remarkably simple life, Sills said. Russell Dermond only had two credit cards and put everything on those to rack up rewards points. He didn't even have an ATM card as he never carried cash, the sheriff said."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_COUPLE_BEHEADING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

From Mark Winnie WSB TV report: "Sills said his educated suspicion is that at least at least one of the killers at the house knew the Dermonds-- not especially well-- and showed up to steal something the Dermonds did not have or could not get."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/sheriff-killer-likely-knew-reynolds-plantation-cou/ngK8c/

So, the killer could have gotten computer, cell phones, jewelry, silver, TV, probably medications...but on Friday night or Saturday the banks were closed and neither Mr or Mrs D could go to the bank and get CASH.

Something is wrong with this theory IMO. Would a criminal KILL 2 people just because they don't have cash?

JMO, but it seems that investigators can't see the forest for the tree/s in the Dermond abduction/murders/decapitation.

Imo, an amateur or novice would have difficulty emulating a professional in a well planned and meticulously executed crime. Whereas a calculating professional could easily intentionally create the perception of a novice/mixed offender for deflection and confusion..

One only has to look at the results of this horrific crime to see the likely motive and who the intended target was/is...imo..

http://nuwaubian.blogspot.com/2014/04/weather-update.html 04/30/2014
Weather Update
Several trees toppled due to high winds - Putnam County Courthouse
<snipped for focus & BBM>

Sheriff Sills said, 'no one was injured'..

<comment>

* 'Well...it's not the end of the day yet'..

I totally agree with You FoxFire! That picture makes the hair on my head stand up in a peculiar way and not a good way! I'm scared to click on there to see what is posted right now, but apparently these people have not forgotten anything regarding what went down with Sills and York. Scary!

I don't know about a party but yeah, I don't know if crush is the right word, but I am finding myself liking both Sills and Winne too. I not only want this crime solved for the victim and the loved ones, but I want them to "win" on this case and bring it home!

ah, a True Crime Crush or TCC.

Yes! A TCC! Love it. It works. Thanks tlcya! I want them to get the bad guys too and justice for the Dermonds and their friends and family!

Person had knife skills. Like a hunter who had experience cutting up deer. Not exactly how he said it, but close.

We're getting closer folks. We're getting closer.

Thank you Carolinapeach! :seeya:

I think Sheriff Sills said experience cutting up deer or "big animals". Dear God, what did the Dermond's go through before they died?? Someone close to the killer(s) has to suspect something!

I am just going by my interpretation of what was said but I was thinking if the man was spotted in the backyard it would be from a boat (and just going by the videos I've seen of their yard on the news).

Not sure why they (WSB) chose to omit that info in the story posted online. I thought it was noteworthy, at least for the time frame. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned without a link ... Hoping they will rerun the story tonight.

Sent using Tapatalk

Scoop7, I'm glad you posted what you heard! I don't know why this wasn't included in the video, but it is definitley noteworthy!

I totally agree with You FoxFire! That picture makes the hair on my head stand up in a peculiar way and not a good way! I'm scared to click on there to see what is posted right now, but apparently these people have not forgotten anything regarding what went down with Sills and York. Scary!

Bootsctr, the comment is a vile threat, imo, and was made two days before the Dermond murders..

I've been researching the NC for the past week and the more I read, the more my suspicions grow.. The women and girls of the cult were meticulous house cleaners.. The NC enforcers/security wore black paramilitary uniforms, including military style combat boots. A ruse of a police officer(impersonator) at the Dermond's door would have been very convincing, and would have easily gained entrance by the perp/s, imo.

Just reading to catch up, esp. on today's developments, reports, interviews, etc. I think things are rolling now; sure hope this weekend will bring an arrest.

One thing that could be helpful is compile a list of things said directly by Sills. Add each factoid he specifically said. Careful to distinguish something a reporter or person.... says he said or the like. I think he is dropping hints and feel sure he is getting coaching from FBI unit on strategies. Of course, we have to keep in mind those strategies may be to include something not accurate as a mind game with the perp.

Unfortunately I have to go now, but wanted to add yall are posting some good ideas.

If this is true, could that man be wearing a specialty type of boot, like the hiking boots that are made for ice climbing with crampons?
IMOO.

It's funny you should mention shoes because at the first of this video I just watched (it's old) they show two shoe prints of what look to be hiking boot prints. . . . not sure if that is from this case, but it sure seemed like it was. It is at the very first of the video. It's the Baldwin County Sheriff talking about Sheriff Sills and the case.

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/sheriff-killer-likely-knew-reynolds-plantation/vCdt3f/

Bootsctr, the comment is a vile threat, imo, and was made two days before the Dermond murders..

I've been researching the NC for the past week and the more I read, the more my suspicions grow.. The women and girls of the cult were meticulous house cleaners.. The NC enforcers/security wore black paramilitary uniforms, including military style combat boots. A ruse of a police officer(impersonator) at the Dermond's door would have been very convincing, and would have easily gained entrance by the perp/s, imo.

OR could some of the women cleaned the Dermond's home, washed their windows, etc?

OH WOW! I just saw boot prints displayed on that last video I watched. They were displayed on a line with clothespins and it was when they were talking about evidence.

Yes, a police officer - the Dermonds would have opened their door to a police officer or whom they thought was a police officer. In fact, maybe some uniforms were stolen from the guards who work at RP/GW. Holy Smokes FF! And they probably carried those sticks too that would put a good lump on somebody's head.

It's funny you should mention shoes because at the first of this video I just watched (it's old) they show two shoe prints of what look to be hiking boot prints. . . . not sure if that is from this case, but it sure seemed like it was. It is at the very first of the video. It's the Baldwin County Sheriff talking about Sheriff Sills and the case.

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/sheriff-killer-likely-knew-reynolds-plantation/vCdt3f/

Because I live in Colorado, I was thinking of rock/ice climbing using hiking boots with crampons. In Georgia, maybe just a hiking boot.
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member