GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.
Here I am thinking Mrs. D. was looking up words on the computer to finish her crossword puzzle and you guys are thinking they logged on to their bank records.
How innocent of a thinker am I?

Wow.
Here I am thinking Mrs. D. was looking up words on the computer to finish her crossword puzzle and you guys are thinking they logged on to their bank records.
How innocent of a thinker am I?

My husband logs on every day to check the stocks in his account and see how much he "made" for the day. I bet Mr. D did that too. And I don't doubt Mrs. D would have googled clues for her crossword puzzles. But Sheriff Sills said specifically financial records - so did Mr. D transfer funds on Friday or Saturday? Let's hope. It could be a direct link to Dwight York and the Nuwabian cult just gotta find it.

I am thinking that if the perp(s) were wanting to get some type of monetary transaction via the computer, or information about money, then it does make sense that there is a reward because if they were after money, then perhaps it would make someone talk.
IMOO.

I believe Mark Winne said the reward was up to $46,000 dollars now.

I believe Mark Winne said the reward was up to $46,000 dollars now.

I would have thought that it would have been more than that by now, considering 30 thousand of it was given awhile ago...
IMOO.

Sheriff Sills said in response to the reporter asking if the killer has experience dressing out a deer, "sure,or some other large animal". Sheriff Sills said some people have been eliminated as suspects. Sheriff Sills also said "there are things the lab provided us with, new developments that are of an evidentiary nature that we were not aware of, but I can't elaborate on those". Evidence that could either point to and/or confirm a suspect.

Sheriff Sills said he does not think this was an assassination, that it could be something as simple as a "robbery attempt that didn't go down right".

Even though Sheriff Sills said he doesn't have a suspect, I think he does! I so hope that whatever the evidence is from the crime lab gives him what he needs to either point him to a suspect, and/or confirm his suspicions. I do believe Sheriff Sills will solve this case.

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/sheriff-killer-likely-knew-reynolds-plantation/vCdt3f/

as to possible person climbing the slope. This info is still unverified because it is not linkable yet. So, considered rumor til then. But following that track, I don't think special footwear would be necessary.

I am 46 years old and live a mostly sedentary lifestyle. I could climb that slope no problem. The Dermonds, probably not. But me, yep, no special footwear needed (granted I would not attempt in heels).

So IF it comes to light thru linkable MSM source that a witness saw someone climbing the back slope of the Dermond property by some other means than the walkway (AND WHY would they anyway???) then I would assume for now the witness seems to allege that the Dermonds were not fit and able bodied enough to do it in but an able bodied much more spry and young person could without any special footwear.

Just reading to catch up, esp. on today's developments, reports, interviews, etc. I think things are rolling now; sure hope this weekend will bring an arrest.

One thing that could be helpful is compile a list of things said directly by Sills. Add each factoid he specifically said. Careful to distinguish something a reporter or person.... says he said or the like. I think he is dropping hints and feel sure he is getting coaching from FBI unit on strategies. Of course, we have to keep in mind those strategies may be to include something not accurate as a mind game with the perp.

Unfortunately I have to go now, but wanted to add yall are posting some good ideas.

I am HUGE on this. Every case I follow eventually comes down to this for me. What can be attributed to each player in the case by direct quote and what is more amorphous such as reporter statement about what player said.

Marking my spot! I think you all are on the right track!

OR could some of the women cleaned the Dermond's home, washed their windows, etc?

Ok trying to think this through. Did I read somewhere upthread that a man was spotted on the Dermond property on Saturday and it wasn't Mr. Dermond?

If they were killed on Friday did these killers stay in the house that whole weekend at their leisure?

This is one creepy crime.

We have Friday til Tuesday that nobody knows what went on!

One more thought. Is any property in the Dermond neighborhood owned by cult members? Also is the cult composed of all black members or are there white ones too?

If they find any connection of a homeowner to that cult that could be where that boat came from and also how the Dermonds were being watched. After dark their house would be glowing with lights on and all those windows. A pair of binoculars and they could have been checking several homes in the neighborhood from the river!

The Dermonds just got unlucky!

Do we know the Dermonds banked electronically? Or did they use the computer for just email and shopping? Not everyone of their age manages their finances and/ or life on the computer.

Subpoenas may have been for their internet company unless the Ds told their children/wrote down their passwords... The electronic footprint starts showing up. Every keystroke....maybe the murderer checked his email? And transferring money electronically would be not smart...I am married to a cloud banker. It's easy to trace.

Well, if the neighbor didn't think twice about seeing the man in the backyard he must have looked like he belonged at the Ds/ in the neighborhood. He did not look "out of place" or she would have called security, right?

Maybe the said man was seen on one of those videos from the neighbors security system. Maybe that's why the neighbor was terrified in a very early MSM article.

And you can buy police uniforms/ security uniforms in midtown and Kennesaw in metro Atlanta.

And there would be hundreds of fingerprints in our house-- all from the same few people but lots of them as I hate to dust!!! And we have nose prints on our windows!

Missed the evening news but will be watching WSB in 70 minutes.

JMO... The Dermonds lived modestly, despite the value of their home & property, possibly someone thought they had a home safe and/or could easily access cash in the bank. Maybe they tried to use one Dermond as a "hostage" of sorts. They wanted cold, hard cash. Their method of transportation (boat) didn't allow the taking of TVs, stereos, and they wasted too much time on trying to obtain the $$ that they ran out of time to take any small item of value... guns, jewelry, silver, etc. All they had time left to do was attempt to hide their crime.

Sheriff Sills said in response to the reporter asking if the killer has experience dressing out a deer, "sure,or some other large animal". Sheriff Sills said some people have been eliminated as suspects. Sheriff Sills also said "there are things the lab provided us with, new developments that are of an evidentiary nature that we were not aware of, but I can't elaborate on those". Evidence that could either point to and/or confirm a suspect.

Sheriff Sills said he does not think this was an assassination, that it could be something as simple as a "robbery attempt that didn't go down right".

Even though Sheriff Sills said he doesn't have a suspect, I think he does! I so hope that whatever the evidence is from the crime lab gives him what he needs to either point him to a suspect, and/or confirm his suspicions. I do believe Sheriff Sills will solve this case.

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/sheriff-killer-likely-knew-reynolds-plantation/vCdt3f/

And what other large animal could it be?
A horse?
A cow?
Would this be a person who is a "meat cutter" by trade?
Or would this be a person who worked with animals?
Or a deer hunter?
A taxidermist?
IMOO.

WOW! After watching that latest video, I think Sills does have something. And I agree with tlcya, that slops doesn't appear to be all that steep. I think two guys thought they were going to get cash (thought they had a safe, possibly) and one really lost it when Mr. D got ugly with them. Maybe between the two idiots, they couldn't decide what to do with Mrs. D and one of them had enough brain cells left to say "Let's put her in the water and get out of here" (taking the head, too). But say they did know they couldn't put both bodies in the boat (too small for 4 people?). Definitely outdoorsmen, one with a club, the other with a huge knife, probably meth heads. I'm thinking when Sills said the house was spotless, it's just the way Mrs. D kept the house. I'm sure he's seen much worse and in comparison, her house was immaculate. The way Sills kept looking down seemed to me like he didn't want to give away a single clue, a look, or to misspeak a word.

Do we know the Dermonds banked electronically? Or did they use the computer for just email and shopping? Not everyone of their age manages their finances and/ or life on the computer.

Subpoenas may have been for their internet company unless the Ds told their children/wrote down their passwords... The electronic footprint starts showing up. Every keystroke....maybe the murderer checked his email? And transferring money electronically would be not smart...I am married to a cloud banker. It's easy to trace.

Well, if the neighbor didn't think twice about seeing the man in the backyard he must have looked like he belonged at the Ds/ in the neighborhood. He did not look "out of place" or she would have called security, right?

Maybe the said man was seen on one of those videos from the neighbors security system. Maybe that's why the neighbor was terrified in a very early MSM article.

And you can buy police uniforms/ security uniforms in midtown and Kennesaw in metro Atlanta.

And there would be hundreds of fingerprints in our house-- all from the same few people but lots of them as I hate to dust!!! And we have nose prints on our windows!

Missed the evening news but will be watching WSB in 70 minutes.

If Mrs. Dermond was that good at Duplicate Bridge, a very hard game to master, I do believe she would be capable of doing online banking. MOO

Yes, absolutely. And the date of her death on her obituary is Tuesday May 6. They did not discover Shirley until over a week later. Mr. Dermond's body was discovered on Tuesday, May 6th. Hmmmmmm...

wait... i just looked at both obituaries online and there is no date of death in the ones i looked at.

Sorry, meant to write SLOPE, not slops. Got excited! I wanted to add these guys didn't want jewelry/guns or anything they had to pawn, too much risk in that. Also, they couldn't risk transferring money over the computer, so I stick to the safe theory. What else could they have thought they owned that they wanted? I think they came and left by boat, too. I loved seeing all those bags of evidence and can't wait to hear what the lab found. "Sorry Sheriff, no prints here but we did find....??" - blood/hair. I hope, hope, hope!!

And what other large animal could it be?
A horse?
A cow?
Would this be a person who is a "meat cutter" by trade?
Or would this be a person who worked with animals?
Or a deer hunter?
IMOO.

My guesses would be a butcher, a hunter or somebody that works in a morgue!

That was Austin Siggs love. Mortuary science!

Sigg's interest in mortuary science struck some as odd, but not alarming.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24631031/evidence-details-twisted-path-that-led-austin-sigg

If the killers were part of a cult, I agree with Sheriff Sills... they would seek recognition. The Nuwaubians, in particular, have never been known as a subtle group. And, as far as the sheriff tells it, no group/cult has taken responsibility for the murders. I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time!) but I don't think cult members were the killers in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member