The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
10:24am: In their conversation Sergeant Matthews asked Mr Baden-Clay about the last time he saw his wife.

Mr Baden-Clay repeated what he had told officers previously, saying he went to bed about 10pm and left his wife on the couch watching The Footy Show. He said he woke to find his wife missing, but noted that was not unusual, because Mrs Baden-Clay often went for early morning walks.

"I got up and started doing my reasonable routine, you know, shower and shave," Mr Baden-Clay said.

"And I checked my emails on the toilet, ummm ....

"And then I was a bit surprised that [our middle daughter] wasn't up, because our middle daughter is always up with the sparrows and I went through and she was awake in her room, but not up ...

"Then I started shaving ... and I was running through to Sarah ... and I cut myself which is what everyone is so concerned about. Then I asked [our middle daughter] to help me put a bandaid on it."

Mr Baden-Clay told the officer he started to become worried about his wife's location about 6.30pm.

"I put her hot rollers on for her, because it takes her a good 25 minutes to get ready ... and then I texted her, " he said.

"Actually, Sarah wasn't even awake at that point. Sorry ... Sarah wasn't even awake at that point. Then I was rushing because I knew I had to get them all up for school."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35bedQou9
This business of heating up the rollers;
I thought that was a "No No" straight after a hairdo like that? Using Heated rollers, I mean. Isn't that taboo first couple of days?

Didn't it actually say the police picked GBC up from his parents house and drove him to his Brookfield house where he went in and bought out the razor wrapped in glad wrap?? Or did I misread that???

The case against premeditation points to how unplanned and disorganised GBC appeared. But what if it was premeditated, and, like everything else in his life, GBC messed it up as well? Planning and thinking things through does not seem his forté.

kholo creek was not part of the police search, so even the police thought it was too far for allison to walk to!

Well logically, if he says Allison was in the bed last night, and said she had left around 5.30...and he rang the Police just after 7...saying she wasn't a runner...he had been driving around looking for her, she could not have been further than about 7 km away assuming she had been walking steadily all that time. Of course we all know how Allison's body arrived at Kholo.

me too and why was it at nbc s house

It wasnt at NBC house

The following day, Senior Constable McLeod asked Mr Baden-Clay for the razor with which he claimed to have cut himself shaving.

He said he drove Mr Baden-Clay from his parent's house at Kenmore to his Brookfield home.

"He went inside and came out and handed me the razor. It was wrapped in Glad Wrap," Senior Constable McLeod said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35cHmc5EI

The case against premeditation points to how unplanned and disorganised GBC appeared. But what if it was premeditated, and, like everything else in his life, GBC messed it up as well? Planning and thinking things through does not seem his forté.

I think it was planned - he was just too stupid to do it properly.

I read that as being he'd spent 3 birthdays with TM since the affair but he could only remember 1 when she asked him what they had done to celebrate, but could be wrong......just how I read it

Could it be that Allison had 3 birthdays since affair started/restarted and he only remembered 1 of those 3 birthdays of hers?

It wasnt at NBC house

The following day, Senior Constable McLeod asked Mr Baden-Clay for the razor with which he claimed to have cut himself shaving.

He said he drove Mr Baden-Clay from his parent's house at Kenmore to his Brookfield home.

"He went inside and came out and handed me the razor. It was wrapped in Glad Wrap," Senior Constable McLeod said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35cHmc5EI

I'm sure he wrapped it up to prevent it from harming the police officers. That razor was savage!

It wasnt at NBC house

Thanks Amee...my mistake!

What a wonderful husband he is.

Rushing and panicking to get the children to school
Checking if the children were up and dressed.
Heating up Allison rollers, if you please.
Making lunches.
Even Making the bed! Oh please! Oh what a catch he is.
Texting Kate
All at the same time showering and sitting on the toilet.
Lovingly concerned for his wife.

WHAT A CROCK!

Didn't it actually say the police picked GBC up from his parents house and drove him to his Brookfield house where he went in and bought out the razor wrapped in glad wrap?? Or did I misread that???

No.

"McLeod says they drove Gerard to his parents' home, he went inside alone and brought the razor out wrapped in glad wrap. #badenclay"

It's VERY frustrating that we're not hearing more about the blonde hair in the car blood that proves the blood could only have been from after 7pm on the 19th. Surely the significance of this hasn't escaped the attention of the prosecution? Now I'm worried that a whole stack of male police and male lawyers haven't connected the dots between foils and bleached hair.

Prosecution needs Elle Woods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Nx4MAxkTs

I think it was planned - he was just too stupid to do it properly.

Agree JK673 I am strongly leaning towards premeditated murder. This may in reality make Trooper's prediction that he will take the stand more likely. On that I am still having an each way bet.

Isn't it strange how we tend to try and lighten up a bit in lunch breaks. Having said that it must be heartbreaking for the Dickie family to sit through this. My thoughts are with them.

12:49pm: Senior Constable McLeod also investigated Mr Baden-Clay's claims that he cut his hand while installing a light bulb at a friend's property which he was helping renovate.

He said the claims were verified. Mr Baden-Clay did cut his hand while helping with the renovations.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35cE5Va7G

Bit confusing...

Text copied from Detective McCleod's first bail application charge sheet and summary.

The defendant stated that he received this injury whilst he was changing a light bulb at a house he was preparing for open house.

An employee of the Century 21 business, Jody Meynell, was present at this time and refuted this claim that the injury was sustained during the preparation of the open house.

What a wonderful husband he is.

Rushing and panicking to get the children to school
Checking if the children were up and dressed.
Heating up Allison rollers, if you please.
Making lunches.
Even Making the bed! Oh please! Oh what a catch he is.
Texting Kate
All at the same time showering and sitting on the toilet.
Lovingly concerned for his wife.

WHAT A CROCK!

All I could think of when reading the stuff about him sitting on the toilet was 'I hope he cleans the phone regularly with sanitiser'.

I thought it was the other way will check back

sorry hadn't seem Zim's post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members