GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposing GBC, in responding to his Defence prompting to tell about friends, he decides to take the liberty of mentioning one or two 'enemies' (without actually saying that they may wish to harm him, his wife or his children .......... would the Prosecution be able to interject and stop him saying that?

Dr George said Baden-Clay had considered ending the marriage but felt guilty about that.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226959211797

Going back to above post....

Text copied from Toni McHugh's statement #2

10. I also advised Detectives that at the time that Gerard and I had initially ended our relationship in October of 2011 I recall Gerard telling me that Allison had given him somewhat of an ultimatum.

11. Gerard explained that Allison had indicated to him that he had to choose between her and myself and that if he made the wrong decision that I "wouldn't be pretty" for him.

12. I recall Gerard taking this ultimatum to mean that if he had chosen to leave Allison that she would take away his daughters and potentially interfere and take control of his business assets.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048153&postcount=15"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*[/ame]

-------------------------------------------------------------

I believe GBC & co are living in the past with their attempts at denigrating Allison.

Yes she had depression & anxiety in the past but she battled her way through it & came out the other side shining!! I believe Allison was a fighter.

In my opinion, Allison, on the night she was murdered, discovered the knight in shining armour was back with his mistress . And she re-issued that above ultimatum.

GBC, the almighty great grandson of BP, was terrified of losing his entire "empire" to a lowly ballerina.

Allison fought him to her death!!

OMG, the suicide theory was disregarded at the committal as well as earlier in this trial. Can we move on, please?

Eeeeew! Yeah could be!

Addit - looking in TMH's statements atm - relationship started Aug 2008

Addit 2 - she says she stayed over twice - "at the start of the relationship years ago. On both occasions A and the children were not at home. I think they were down the coast with A's parents".
So yeah it would have been around that time but I guess not that particular week since the kids were there.

I'm guessing they teleported down there, seeing as Allison was too scared to drive :laughitup:

July 2001, I believe. There was a miscarriage in 2002. The second on was dec 16th 2003. The third 2006

ETA... He said he was made redundant in August, 2000.

The accused said they fell pregnant at the Olympics: “She was an Olympic baby”.

He said his first daughter was born on July 3, 2001.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226966924597

Thanks - just proves that we aren't really getting the whole story despite the length of time talking

Sorry if I am boring everyone I just need to get it all out of my system, and have somewhere to put down. So he said yesterday that the finances weren't too bad, so why
could they not pay:
- their last few months of credit cards minimum repayments
- the interest payments due on the three $90.000 loans from the three amigos
- the instalments to his partners for the purchase of the rent roll
- the life insurance premium on Allison's due on the 9th of April but for which an extension was granted until the 9th of May at which time it would lapse.
- why did his credit card get rejected on the afternoon of the 19th

If his finances were ok why was he in tears to Sue Heath trying to get a $400,000 loan from Bruce Flegg, and why did he tell the police on the 20th that they were 'on he bones of their arses' financially.

So glad court is not sitting today as I could not deal with another avalanche of drivel, it would,keep me restless for another night. I am going to do some gardening and maybe clear my head.

Thanks to all sleuthers, and warmest thoughts for Allison's family and friends. If this is so disturbing to someone like me, I cannot imagine what it must be like for them.

GBC's barrister in pre-summarising GBC's evidence said:

Mr Byrne said the accused had loans from his friends and the option to buy out Ms Frost and Mr Broom by September, 2012.

He said the accused was not too concerned about where he would get the money from.

Mr Byrne said one of the people he contacted was Moggill MP Bruce Flegg.

“He’ll admit he was a little depressed but he still had an optimistic view of the way things would go,” he said.

“He had expectations that he would be able to borrow that money in time in September.”

From http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/day-11-gerard-badenclay-on-trial-accused-of-murdering-wife-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226966924597

There are so many signs that they were completely broke. I notice at the top of his phone record the bill was in arrears and only partly paid. His credit card was apparently in default. The chances of consolidating and refinancing about a million dollars would have been zero with the only asset being a rent-roll worth something and a sales office worth nothing (according to his finance friend).

My point is that the prosecution are going to test his credibility in cross-examination and on their finances alone (motive) GBC is out on a very weak limb. If that limb breaks he will be fully exposed on other detail.

Just as an aside, Metoclopramide, trademark name Maxolon (one of the drugs found at the house) is also used to increase low breast milk supply. I had to use it when my eldest was in NICU. Given the remarks yesterday, it gave me a giggle.

:giggle:

I have just re listened to the interview GBC did at the Brookfield showgrounds on 21 April 2012 and thought it very odd that if your partner had been missing for 2 days you would NOT be laughing and making side jokes. He also simply referred to Allison as 'she'. Hardly behaviours of a concerned and caring partner.

Are you able to tell me where you found audio of this interview? I can't seem to find it.

That is great news ! Very very good news ! Thanks for clearing it up.

I just want to make a comment about how he waffled on about proposing under the Eiffel Tower at Park Rd, Milton.

You needed to hear it within his rumblings.
He and Allison had been planning a holiday to Europe. They were going to Paris. GBC said he didn't want her constantly thinking on each street corner while they were there if this would be the time he would ask her to marry him. So he surprised her and did it at the Park Rd Eifel tower.
They then used that already planned holiday in Europe for their honeymoon.

Not important in the scheme of things, just a bit of trivia I guess :blushing:

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. :floorlaugh: :p :wink:

I wonder.....what does the Defendant think happened to the woman he intended to spend the rest of his life with?

Very good question. I have been thinking about the Judge and how he might deal with a liar.
Did you kill your wife?
Do you believe your wife was murdered?
Do you know of anyone who might have murdered your wife?
What are your thoughts on this matter? (The abbreviated version ....)

There is so much going on on this thread, but one thing is eating away at me.
In his filibuster, Gerard disclosed that he and the doctor knew the gender of their third child and withheld it from Allison.
That is just bizarre. Is he making that up to be grandiose?? WTF!
Mr Byrne said Allison then became anxious and headed back to the psychiatrist.

He said Gerard knew the gender of the child and Dr George put him on notice that might impact adversely on Allison's situation.

Their third child was born on September 15, 2006.

"While Allison appeared almost shocked they had a third girl, she bonded with the child," Mr Byrne said.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clay-tell-jury-i-did-not-kill-my-wife/2300999/

Ali... I had forgotten that part of it, the bit about the superannuation inclusion.. we probably both have a bit of the whole story...

the bill that Gerard hadn't paid , which was overdue on April 9th was a combined bill ...the policy, the admin of Laskaris, ... but non payment of it put the entire cover into limbo.. The insurance company paid out the benefit... as they had extended the time for the due bill, .. which meant, technically, if not fiscally, the policy was still in force the night Alison was murdered....

had Gerard waited another 19 days before he murdered Alison, the policy would be well and truly finished and unpayable.. he was 13 days into the worry of this unpaid amount that had the potential to benefit him to the tune of $600,000.00 if claimed.. . ... if unpaid, nothing, nada, zero, zip.

To me this is such an important piece of evidence. I don't understand why it wasn't discussed as part of the prosecution case at trial.

July 2001, I believe. There was a miscarriage in 2002. The second on was dec 16th 2003. The third 2006

ETA... He said he was made redundant in August, 2000.

The accused said they fell pregnant at the Olympics: “She was an Olympic baby”.

He said his first daughter was born on July 3, 2001.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226966924597

That is sad. It is her 13th Birthday next week, 2 days after her Mum's. She will be a teenager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]. However if you are near bankrupt, know that you owe $2,500 just in minimum payment on the card (???!!)

A few years back we were experiencing extreme financial difficulties. We were behind in our payments on our credit card ( nowhere near the amount the BCs owed ) and we were receiving constant phone calls and threatening letters. It was sooo stressful. We would avoid answering the phone if we didnt know the number and dreaded getting the mail. It was stated some posts back (sorry i couldn't find it) that they had not made a payment in some months. Combining the amount owing and the lack of payments they would definitely have been receiving calls. The financial stress levels in that household would have been horrendous no matter what GBC alleges. We've been there.

Something that's always niggled at me and until now have not piped up and had my say... As someone who goes to the hairdresser every six weeks, and has a cut and colour, I've never worried about how it might look the next day. I wash and blow dry my hair every day.as I have pretty straight hair I can't stand having unwashed hair. Having said that, I have friends that will stretch out a blow dry for five days. But I just don't get it. I like freshly washed, nice smelling hair. My point is that I think there is too much focus on the hairdresser visit and what Allison would do with it afterwards. Especially as the photos show, the hot rollers are in the bathroom. I don't think it make any difference whether that stopped Allison from going for a walk, I just think she didn't go cause it was either nighttime or she didn't go in the morning cause she had to get ready for the conference. I think she didn't go because someone had already taken her to Kholo Creek. Ok, rant over, please be gentle with your responses!

I have to say I have also been meaning to chime in on the hair issue. I just don't think it's reasonable to say "No woman would ever go walking and ruin her hair after going to the hairdresser".

We have not heard that she had a blowdry or any styling done, have we? Having it coloured really wouldn't have an impact on if she did choose to go walking or not, IMO.

When I colour my hair or have it coloured, I forget about it pretty much as soon as it's done. Maybe I'm just not someone who is so into hairstyling. I straighten it sometimes and colour it regularly, and on the occasions I've had it styled with say, a blowdry, I've washed it before work the next day anyway, because it gets messed up in bed and ruined, IMO.

I just don't think we could really say how "every woman" feels about these things ;)

I have just re listened to the interview GBC did at the Brookfield showgrounds on 21 April 2012 and thought it very odd that if your partner had been missing for 2 days you would NOT be laughing and making side jokes. He also simply referred to Allison as 'she'. Hardly behaviours of a concerned and caring partner.

Also he says. I went to bed last night, I mean the night before... To me that sounds like over rehearsed scenario, coming out in autopilot. Retrieve planned out excuse from short term memory brain compartment. Opps, that's what I had planned for yesterday, need to change it for today. :blushing:

There is so much going on on this thread, but one thing is eating away at me.
In his filibuster, Gerard disclosed that he and the doctor knew the gender of their third child and withheld it from Allison.
That is just bizarre. Is he making that up to be grandiose?? WTF!

IMO its rather odd one parent seems to know the gender, yet he then says he withheld it from Allison?
Pretty sure Allison was there when the scan was taken and would have had a choice to know or not. Withheld it omg :banghead: :liar:
Its Bazaar alright.

After having 2 girls Id be more shocked if the 3rd was a boy rather than a girl. Thats just me though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member